AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 08:45   Link #2481
HybridBloodsZak

Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Voyager Entertainment produced the show and they are offering the show for international sales through their US office in Los Angeles. They are not distributing it themselves — they are the licensor and they are waiting to sign deals with potential licensees.

Ah gotcha my mistake
HybridBloodsZak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 18:25   Link #2482
Vito
Asshole.

Newtype Ace is getting suspended: http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-17316.html

Yamato 2199 manga moving to NicoNico Ace

Edit: Manga-News posted confirmation pics and also this poster

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Vito; 2013-07-10 at 07:00.
Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 19:50   Link #2483
August138

Kadokawa Nico Nico Ace is an online monthly manga:

角川ニコニコエース
http://info.nicovideo.jp/seiga/nicoace/
Old 2013-07-10, 00:34   Link #2484
Beltane70

I've seen a couple of people mention concern over scenes being edited out if they release it as Star Blazers 2199, but I don't think that's really going to be a concern. I don't see them marketing it towards children like the original was.
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 02:31   Link #2485
August138

The YAMATO: 2199 television broadcast gets a second opening theme. Rock band, UVERworld have recorded "Fight For Liberty," which will become the new theme song:

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/13713
Old 2013-07-10, 09:17   Link #2486
bumbayker

Quote:
The YAMATO: 2199 television broadcast gets a second opening theme. Rock band, UVERworld have recorded "Fight For Liberty," which will become the new theme song:

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/13713
I was wondering if the BDs include the OPs and EDs from the TV broadcast as separate viewing. The BD episodes seem to always have the same OP and the ED changes every chapter.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 12:48   Link #2487
August138

If they include them in the BD/DVD, it will be as Extras in the Special Features on Volume 7. The new theme song UVERworld for the television broadcast ("Fight for Liberty") will start with Episode 15 on July 27th.
Old 2013-07-10, 13:33   Link #2488
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if the visuals will change as well for the OP. There is no reason they should, but you never know.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:29   Link #2489
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For those going to Comic-Con in San Diego next weekend, there is a showing of the first episode of the marketing dub of Star Blazers 2199, dubbed by Bang Zoom!. I think at 2pm on Saturday the 20th.

A list of voice talent would be nice.
Old 2013-07-14, 05:44   Link #2490
macdawson

Mag Garden has updated the Earth Art Book page with images of what the book will look like inside. Prepare to be blown away, it looks amazing.

http://www.mag-garden.co.jp/yamato21.../main-2-2.html

Also, in the new Op front, episode 15 was broadcast with no Op whatsoever. They went straight from the Pre-Op narration to the episode.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 16:47   Link #2491
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I wonder if the Gamilas book will be larger? More mecha and possibly more characters by the end. Possibly less interviews.
Old 2013-07-14, 17:39   Link #2492
macdawson

If i'm not mistaken, the page count is the same. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2013-07-16, 04:10   Link #2493
Vito
Asshole.

Bye bye money.
Old 2013-07-16, 14:44   Link #2494
August138

"STAR BLAZERS" GOES TO COMIC-CON INTERNATIONAL! The new SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO: 2199 series is now being prepped for overseas sales as STAR BLAZERS 2199. During this panel and presentation, there will be a screening of the first episode, dubbed by Bang Zoom Entertainment, which will also include highlights from upcoming episodes, and a Q&A session. Guests include producer Hiroaki Ikegami and a special Cosplayer from Japan playing Yuki Mori. If you're at Comic-Con, you're not going to want to miss this special presentation!

Saturday July 20, 2013 • 2:00pm - 3:00pm • Room 25ABC

More information: http://sched.co/10NbbgK

Tim Eldred, Yours Truly, as well as several others, will be attending this event at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend.
Old 2013-07-16, 16:01   Link #2495
LKK

Quote:
Tim Eldred, Yours Truly, as well as several others, will be attending this event at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend.
If you or anyone else gets a chance to ask some questions, would someone ask for some clarification on whether Argo will be used instead of Yamato in the subtitles? I'm not too dismayed about Argo in the ADR script, but I would be very disappointed if it's used in the subtitle script as well.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 16:43   Link #2496
August138

At this point, they are just trying to market the series to overseas buyers, who can do essentially anything they want to it, once they license the property. So, I wouldn't worry about it at the moment. I'm more interested to see if they've dubbed only the first episode as a Sales Pilot, or if they're having the whole series dubbed by Bang Zoom. I'm also curious to ask if they've sold it to a North American label, and who that label is — I wonder if the silence of Funimation in regards to their acquisition of YAMATO: RESURRECTION ties into this at all. I'm sure that our group — and many other people there, will be asking some interesting questions. Let's see if the answers are of equal interest.
Old 2013-07-21, 03:47   Link #2497
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

New theme song and OP confirmed starting at episode 16.

(Low quality: OPs starts at 0:31)

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-21, 04:50   Link #2498
Vito
Asshole.

Oh, and Yamato 2199 poster book

http://yamato2199.net/goods/relation09.html
Old 2013-07-21, 05:24   Link #2499
macdawson

I was going to upload a "better quality" version but you saved me the trouble. Notice the ""? Yeah, cause this is bad. Nothing against UVERworld themselves, though this particular song says nothing to me. This song in the opening of the endless Naruto or any other of those mainstream shows would probably fit perfectly. As an ending song in Yamato... maybe. But to replace the Yamato theme with this?! Sure, the Project 2199 version was a hack job too but it was the Yamato theme. And to replace an original animation sequence, storyboarded by one of the industries giants with a 90 second clip show? Filled with spoilers?! FFS!!! And a straight forward clipshow at that, not a filter or anything of the type! Even this would be better!!!

On this day i have to say, loud and clear... "F**K YOU, MBS!!!"
Old 2013-07-21, 06:49   Link #2500
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I was going to upload a "better quality" version but you saved me the trouble. Notice the ""? Yeah, cause this is bad. Nothing against UVERworld themselves, though this particular song says nothing to me. This song in the opening of the endless Naruto or any other of those mainstream shows would probably fit perfectly. As an ending song in Yamato... maybe. But to replace the Yamato theme with this?! Sure, the Project 2199 version was a hack job too but it was the Yamato theme. And to replace an original animation sequence, storyboarded by one of the industries giants with a 90 second clip show? Filled with spoilers?! FFS!!! And a straight forward clipshow at that, not a filter or anything of the type! Even this would be better!!!

On this day i have to say, loud and clear... "F**K YOU, MBS!!!"
Yeah... The song isn't half bad but it just doesn't work at all with Yamato. It just feels completely off and the random clipshow that goes with it makes it even worse. This may be a bit selfish but: thankfully I'm following the BluRay releases instead of the TV Broadcast.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato