Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-28, 15:30   Link #41
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Downloaded this mainly because I want to be up to date on at least one series now that Blood+ is liscenced.
I'll give it a C. Nothing really amazing but nothing really bad either. Main characters voice can get annoying when she starts babbling (the piano scene ) but otherwise it's fine. I think it gives a sense of realism as the character actually sounds like a young girl. Also the lines in English are good for a laugh (YO YO YO!)
The music is good, but by the third time I heard Evolution I began to wonder if they are ever going to play any other songs. The animation seemed a little to warm at times, but I suppose that it does fit the show. I'll check out another episode or two but if it doesn't get better quick I'll probably pass it by.
iamtetsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 23:27   Link #42
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Looking good so far from the first 2 subbed episodes. Hopfully this series will feature an excellent songtrack. I look forward to new songs other then Evolution.

Oh yea Tomo's voice isn't annoying at all period its rather cute.

I so love musical anime. YAY!!!
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 23:44   Link #43
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

The whole reason why I dropped LAP was probably because of Tomo's voice.

It sounds like a man =.='
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 00:23   Link #44
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverGoNe
The whole reason why I dropped LAP was probably because of Tomo's voice.

It sounds like a man =.='
Huh?

Your dropping a series because she sounds like a man. I respect your decision and opinion but I think your wrong here. In no way does Tomo sound like a man, you must have mistaken her for someone else.
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 00:54   Link #45
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, she doesn't look like a man. See pictures of Shihono Ryou (Tomo's VA) on her blog page. Scroll down for pics apparently shot today during taping of one of her radio shows. I've said before that I'm enjoying her voice and the show, so I won't belabor the point. It's legit that some people don't like either.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 19:03   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode two made me fall in love a lot with the series, i think it was mainly because we got to see more on the main cast.

I'll be one of the people who'll end up buying the cd's they'll sell from this! ^.^

& Tomo's love. <3
Old 2006-02-07, 13:36   Link #47
Kyaa the Catlord

Could someone please make me an avatar of Sakakibara from about 21:03 in the second episode? It can be static. She's just sooooo cute. :P
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 06:29   Link #48
CrYsYs
殺害

Watched episodes 1 & 2, and I must say that this is definitely on my list of animes to watch as soon as it's fansubbed. I didn't mind at all the VAs and the singing in it was pretty nice IMO. Interesting story to say the least.
Beck was the rock anime. Heres the jpop anime x]
<3 Musical animes
CrYsYs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 09:01   Link #49
lavielove

For the sake of Shihono Ryou,LAP should be watched.I'm just wondering will this show be *ok* with the similar show along side with it ?
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-11, 14:16   Link #50
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
Could someone please make me an avatar of Sakakibara from about 21:03 in the second episode? It can be static. She's just sooooo cute. :P
You mean this scene?

I made another of Miru but is from ep 06 so...
Spoiler:
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-12, 18:23   Link #51
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 6 keeps up the puppy-dog Tomo goodness. And adds an unnaturally subdued Kadowaki Mai to the team. There's a scene of Tomo running onto the stage that really just makes me feel good. I've read people saying that the character design of Tomo is kind of generic, but I just don't see that.

Shihono Ryou's blog page seems to have new photos every day. Today (Monday in Japan), pics are posted that show her at an event (on Sunday?) making chocolate cookies for Valentine's Day. I think the event was in support of the release of her DVD "Meido Ryou-chan," which appears to be her doing maid cosplay. Only in Japan....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-02-18, 17:03   Link #52
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 7 raw

Since no-one else seems to be keeping up with it, I've started blogging this show. It's not the best show around (that would be Hantsuki), but I find myself looking forward to it every week.

I loved ep7. Kadowaki Mai (Miru, known on 2ch as "black") and Shihono Ryou both sing really well in it. Maita also does the OP. Hirama Juri (Fuyumi, the girl in glasses) did the OP in ep6 (and blew me away with it). Posts on 2channel have been impressed that Shihono's acting seems to have improved a lot, and that her and Maita's singing is so good.

One negative is that the character design of some characters seems all over the map. There is a great image of five different ways of doing Maita's character in this one episode. One poster admits this, but says it looks beautiful anyway.

There are going to be public events for this show in March, in various cities. You get in by buying one of the character song CDs for $12.00. They will be "handshake meetings" with Shihono Ryou, Maruyama Miki (Miki), Chihara Minori (Erika), and Hirama Juri (Fuyumi).

EDIT: On Ryou-chan's blog page, she has put up a message about this being the first anniversary of her first photo-book, her first venture into the entertainment industry. She outlines the amazing things that have happened to her over the year and thanks all the staffs. In particular, she says she knew nothing about voice-acting when she started recording LAP, and Shimizu Kaori taught her everything, from square one.
Spoiler for Shihono Ryou's message:

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-19 at 02:56.
Old 2006-03-01, 17:07   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Episode 04 was nice, i like how the series is going in & out with the man leads.. and keeps coming out with amazing music. <3

Though, its kind of a shame you know who's gonna be in the band, after watching the OP video. >_>
Old 2006-03-01, 18:47   Link #54
CarrierZ
aka cz

Send a message via MSN to CarrierZ
That's pretty much why I almost never watch the OP's.
Too bad I need to do it. >_<
CarrierZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-11, 17:12   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 10 raw

I'm still blogging LAP. This episode didn't advance the plot much, but I found it very enjoyable. It gave us a pleasant day with the girls, a glimpse of Saaya's past, and a moving encounter with an old grandma. The girls' characters are becoming very clear.

The music just gets better. From episode 6 on, we have different singers for the OP each week: 1-5 Tomo/Saaya/Miki, 6 Miru, 7 Fuyumi, 8 Tomo, 9 Erika, 10 Saaya, 11 Miki, 12 Yui/Tomo, 13 Tomo/Saaya/Miru/Erika/Fuyumi/Miki (end). I like Fuyumi's best. Posters on 2channel like Tomo's. There's a good flash file around that gives all the ones that have been broadcast so far, for comparison.

Saturday in Tokyo, the LAP had their first Tokyo live event. There was a big crowd of otaku that by all accounts came away very happy. According to posts on 2channel, the atmosphere was warm and informal, and the girls were funny together. Tomo, Erika, Fuyumi and Miki-sempai were there. They entered through the crowd, in costume. Interview sessions, a game of rock-paper-scissors with prizes, handshake sessions and autograph sessions, as well as all of them singing their character songs. The girls talked so well together, creating their own world, that they often had the MC confused.

Hirama Juri (the meganekko Fuyumi) is apparently quite funny, and Shihono Ryou (Tomo) has a wild array of things to talk about, from Osaka okonomiyaki to Yokohama shiu-mai. (You can hear her entertaining garrulousness on her radio program.) One poster said that when Juri and Ryou pulled off each other's gloves for the handshake session, it was "thrillingly moé." And at the end of the interviews, the 14-year-old Ryou-tan was apparently so moved by the response that she was weeping. One poster ended his paean by saying: "I love the Lemon Angel Project. I'll follow them anywhere!"

Here are two photos from the event (l-r) Miki (Maruyama Miki, 18), Tomo (Shihono Ryou, 14), Erika (Chihara Minoru, 25), Fuyumi (Hirama Juri、22):

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-12 at 02:00.
Old 2006-03-25, 06:40   Link #56
sniperz

ahhh i juz hope tat episode 5,6 and so on is subbed quick~~~ i had waited for weeks.issit 1 month per episode/ hope not
sniperz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 15:52   Link #57
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've just blogged up to episode 12 raw. One more episode to go. If you can't wait for a fansub (all hail the subbers), my summaries plus the raws might be enough to follow the story.

If you enjoyed the first couple of eps, I expect you'll enjoy the rest. Japanese comments criticizing the show are focused on those first episodes, and people say the show, the singing and the voice acting have been improving. Not enough, according to some. But I myself have enjoyed the whole series.
Old 2006-03-26, 10:08   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Its very.. very tempting to check out your block, but nothing beats the suprise of what could happen with in the show. Though your blog is the first thing i'll read straight after i've finished the series. ^^
Old 2006-03-30, 15:43   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

episode 13 (end)

They saved the best for last. Music, animation, emotion. I've watched this episode three times so far....

Blog with a few caps here.

Not sure why this series clicked with me, but I'm very glad I got started watching it. Perhaps it helps that I love Glass Mask.

The show normally airs on Friday nights, but one outlet moved it forward to Wednesday this week, and here it is.
Old 2006-04-04, 19:09   Link #60
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
It's too bad there isn't more interest in this show, it's surprisingly good. I especially like that it is in widescreen. It would be nice if the episodes would come out faster but MSF is doing a really good job with their subs so I'm not complaining too much. Better to wait a little while and have a quality sub than be forced to watch some hack job.
There's nothing really special about this series, the plot is predictable, characters have depth but aren't truely unique in anyway (oh boy can't wait for episode 6, they're going to introduce the J-Goth stereotype! Actually I don't think I'v seen this character in an anime before, but I'm sure it's been done...), music is fairly good but not outstanding. But for some reason I still really enjoy it.
The opening theme gets stuck in my head every time I watch it. It strikes me as odd that I can sing the lyrics but have no clue as to what they mean...