AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 16:55   Link #81
jfs
Aegisub dev

The error can be caused by lots of things, but first of all check your Avisynth plugin directory, the place where it automatically loads any and all plugins placed, you might have something in there that causes it to blow up. It's one of the most common causes for Avisynth errors in Aegisub (and other applications) from my experience.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 17:58   Link #82
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

See if you can load an .avs with only a version() call in it (test in both aegisub and, say, virtualdub). If that fails it's most likely what jfs says. Empty the plugins directory and it should work; then you can start putting things back in one by one and see what makes it blow up.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-07, 10:26   Link #83
Gentatsu
Ala~? Alalala~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
See if you can load an .avs with only a version() call in it (test in both aegisub and, say, virtualdub). If that fails it's most likely what jfs says. Empty the plugins directory and it should work; then you can start putting things back in one by one and see what makes it blow up.
Yeah, As I said, Any file, Every file works in anything else, Wmp, Mpc, Vlc, etc. So ~ I'll try what jfs said then >~ But~ I tried reinstalling Avisynth, So ~ w/e~ I'll try this first and get back to you =P

Worked E>~ *hugs and sexes jfs*

Last edited by Gentatsu; 2008-03-07 at 10:36. Reason: Tits and cookies~
Gentatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 03:12   Link #84
lindylex

TheFluff, thanks for this great resource. I am trying to place an image before my Quicktime video starts playing and it works fine for an .avi file but does not work well for a Quicktime/.mov video file. Any suggestions would be great. This is the code below.

This is my attempt.
The QuickTime Videos are from my Nikon S2 640 X 480

test_clip=QTInput("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_vid\DSCN 3076.MOV", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\brand .jpg", end=200).ConvertToYUY2 ().assumefps(test_clip)

logo = audiodub(logo, blankclip(test_clip, length=150))

Return logo + test_clip + test_clip
lindylex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 03:49   Link #85
TheFluff

In what way does it not work well?

In any case the audio for the logo is shorter than the logo itself (the logo is 200 frames but the audio only 150). I'd suggest replacing
Code:
logo = audiodub(logo, blankclip(test_clip, length=150))
with
Code:
logo = audiodub(logo, blankclip(test_clip, length=logo.framecount()))
You could also try using ffmpegsource instead of the QT input plugin, that may or may not work better.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2008-03-13, 12:11   Link #86
lindylex

TheFluff, I have attached a link to the file.
This works exp_this_works.avs but the other does not. I want to get it to work with the Quicktime/.mov video file.

Link to the project.

www.mo-de.net/d/insert_image_video_test.zip

This is my development environment.

Windows 2000
AvsP_v1.3.7 editor
AviSynth 2.5
Mplayer for preview

Thanks
Old 2008-03-13, 13:29   Link #87
lindylex

[SOLUTION, SOLVED]

test_clip=QTInput("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_vid\DSCN 3076.MOV", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = true, mode = 0, raw = "RGB", info = 0, dither = 0)
logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\brand .jpg", end=100).ConvertToYUY2 ().assumefps(test_clip)

logo = audiodub(logo, blankclip(test_clip, length=logo.FrameCount()))
Return test_clip+logo + test_clip
#you can arange this any how you like.
#and even add different like quictime files

What I learned. When you concat video using plus "+" you need to check that they both have video and/or audio, same frame rate fps, color mode, and dimension. I hope I am correct about this.

Thanks again I love this language.
Old 2008-03-14, 04:59   Link #88
lindylex

How do I stop my audio/sound mp3 file from playing when the video is finished playing? This my code below.

a = QTInput("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_vid\DSCN 3076.MOV", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)
b = QtInput("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_vid\DSCN 3075.MOV", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)
c = QtInput("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_vid\DSCN 3074.MOV", color = 2, quality = 100, audio = false, mode = 0, raw = "yuyv", info = 0, dither = 0)

the_audio=DirectShowSource ("C:\music\Club_Break_Beats_Techno\(Armand_Van_Hel den)_-_Witch_Doktor.mp3")
combined= a+b

test_clip=AudioDub(combined, the_audio)
logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\proje cts\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=100).ConvertToYUY2 ().assumefps(test_clip)

logo = audiodub(logo, blankclip(test_clip, length=logo.FrameCount()))

logo + test_clip

My ideas are something to do with KillAudio() at the last frame of the movie. I am not sure how to construct this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 2008-03-14, 07:42   Link #89
Yumi`
Frame burner

trim(0,last.FrameCount()-1)
Yumi` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 08:17   Link #90
martino
makes no files now

Shouldn't the audio finish playing once the video does anyway? IIRC AviSynth will not let you to have an audio stream longer than the video after AudioDub... or will it?
Old 2008-03-14, 16:57   Link #91
lindylex

Yumi, trim(0,last.FrameCount()-1)

Wow I feel stupid. This works like a charm. I can't thanks you enough.
When do they plan to release version 3.0 of this language, I can't wait?

martino,

"Shouldn't the audio finish playing once the video does anyway?"

You would think it would but it does not. It continues playing with the code I used. I am not sure if the encoder is the problem I am using Super @ as the encode. Maybe this might be the problem.

[Question]

When should I use Return? I am so confused when to use this. Sometimes when I use things breaks like Subtitles. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.

This is how I originally was going to use it in the script above but it breaks things.

main_movie=logo + test_clip
Return main_movie

Is this not good practice?
Old 2008-03-14, 17:08   Link #92
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
Shouldn't the audio finish playing once the video does anyway? IIRC AviSynth will not let you to have an audio stream longer than the video after AudioDub... or will it?
Not only does it let you, there isn't even an option to make AudioDub cut off the stream. However, Virtualdub has a setting "cut off audio stream when video stream ends" (found under video->select range) which is enabled by default so that's why a lot of people think otherwise. Try unticking it and encoding a file with an audio stream significantly longer than the video stream; the video will freeze at the last encoded frame while the audio continues playing to the end.

In case you're not using Vdub to encode, what Yumi suggests will solve the problem in Avisynth.

Edit: beaten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylex View Post
When do they plan to release version 3.0 of this language, I can't wait?
Probably never unless something miraculous happens. Avisynth 3 has been "almost done" since 2004 or so. There have been no SVN commits and no talk about it on doom9 in the last 7 months or so and I doubt it will ever revive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylex View Post
When should I use Return? I am so confused when to use this. Sometimes when I use things breaks like Subtitles. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
I've never really seen a reason to use it actually, except in recursive functions. Since both functions and scripts always returns last implicitly, the only thing you need to do is make sure the last line in your script/function assigns the return value to last. It is somewhat useful for clarity reasons though (as seen in the insertsign function).

Last edited by TheFluff; 2008-03-14 at 17:19.
Old 2008-04-18, 02:36   Link #93
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
I am... no encoder. At all. But yeah, I'm trying to do this solo project, and I'm using the following avs script:

DirectShowSource("C:\sysreset\download\raw.mp4", fps=29.97, convertfps=true)
LanczosResize(640,480)
TextSub("C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\fb01[main-framefix].ass")

However, when I'm trying to open it in vdub to do a quick QC encode to check everything over, my frames keep getting messed up.

For instance (and the one that's given me the most trouble) is frame 1555/1556. It's a scene change there, and when I set my line to end on 1555, it says that it's ending a frame early; there's a frame between the end of the line and the scene change. However, when I set it to 1556, it says it's bleeding over into the next frame.

And to top it all off, sometimes when I "Reopen Video File" while sitting on one of those frames, it'll appear as though it's actually right, but without changing anything in the avs or the ass file, I Reopen the video and it's off again. I have NO clue what's going on.

Can someone please explain to me what to do? :/
Old 2008-04-18, 04:25   Link #94
jfs
Aegisub dev

Try using a different video source filter. DirectShowSource isn't very reliable if getting every frame is important to you, for an MP4 file try using FFMpegSource instead. (Google it, it's easy to find.)

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-18, 05:43   Link #95
martino
makes no files now

There's DSS2 as well. All you'll need to will be load avss.dll from Haali's splitter directory and then just call dss2("C:\sysreset\download\raw.mp4",fps=29.97).
Just note that dss2 converts to a constant framerate and has no audio input.
Old 2008-04-18, 18:13   Link #96
Koroku
formerly JKaizer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Koroku Send a message via MSN to Koroku Send a message via Yahoo to Koroku
FFmpegSource seems to have solved it

Thank you very much ^_^
Old 2008-04-23, 13:37   Link #97
lindylex

I am trying to insert a png for 100 frame before the avi's start playing. But I think something might be wrong with colors or something else because I can not concat them.

If you have time could you explain when to use these color methods/parameters
"pixel_type = "RGB24").ConvertToYV12()"

I can not figure these out and have not seen any good documentation.

The video is 640 X 480 Avi using MJPG encoding from a Canon Point and shoot.

Code:

a=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0001.AVI", false )
b=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0002.AVI", false)
c=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_April_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0003.AVI", false)

the_audio=DirectShowSource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Firewall.mp3")

combined= a+b+c

test_clip=AudioDub(combined, the_audio)
logo = imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\projects\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=100, pixel_type = "RGB24").ConvertToYV12().assumefps(test_clip)

return  logo + test_clip
Thanks, Lindylex
Old 2008-04-23, 13:59   Link #98
martino
makes no files now

Mind telling us what the exact error is that AviSynth gives you? (I'm guessing it is an audio issue, but hard to deduce the exact cause just from that.)

In order to trim two or more clips together they need to have the same framerate, colorspace, width and height, neither have audio or all have audio... and I think that's about it unless I missed something.

If it is an audio issue then this should fix it;
Code:
logo = AudioDub(imagesource("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\video_editing\projects\gymnastics\Brand\brand_blank_ver_0.png", end=100, pixel_type = "RGB24").ConvertToYV12().assumefps(test_clip),Blackness(100,combined.width,combined.height,"YV12",combined.framerate).KillVideo())
Basically you are just creating a "dummy" audio clip from Blackness to satisfy the "both clips need audio" trim requirement. You may need to adjust the audio_rate as required based on what the mp3 has. There is one more way around it, and that'd be putting logo+test_clip into AudioDub together with the_audio, which will make the audio play for the whole clip, and not just for the test_clip part as my previous approach since logo would contain silence.

Last edited by martino; 2008-04-23 at 14:15.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 14:26   Link #99
lindylex

"AviSynth gives you? " No error is being given.

"same framerate, colorspace, width and height, neither have audio or all have audio"

Framerate is being inherited to the logo with ".assumefps(test_clip)"
height and width are all the same for the video and png.
The png is going to be inserted with no audio.
The audio will be added using "AudioDub(combined, the_audio)" only to the concated avi clips.
"neither have audio or all have audio" This might be the problem.

I muted the audio from the avi using "false".

"a=avisource ("C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\gymnastics_2008_Apr il_23\DCIM\101CANON\MVI_0001.AVI", false )"

The logo has no audio, maybe this is the problem. I tried your suggestion martino it does not work.

Lex
Old 2008-04-23, 14:41   Link #100
martino
makes no files now

Yes, you did mute the audio, but added it back to the merged clips with AudioDub(combined, the_audio). What is the colorspace of the a,b,c clips? You can find out by using Info(), so for example a.Info().

However how come you are not given an error when it doesn't work? If it doesn't work, in the sense that it will not output any video and/or audio, then it will give you an error (or should anyway). Else, what exactly is not working as it should? ("can not concat?")

Also try
Code:
combined= a+b.AssumeFPS(a.framerate)+c.AssumeFPS(a.framerate)
I guess...