AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 15:30   Link #2021
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
(Diamond = Metal? A substance that precisely lacks metallic atoms... It's not like I can come up with a one which suits better...)
Oh, you weren't there when we paired the Chinese classical elements with the crystals. Basically, after pairing the obvious ones - Aquamarine, Ruby, Emerald, Topaz, and Amethyst, we came down to Earth and Metal for Sapphire and Diamond, and we had a small "uh, which goes where" problem. We decided to go with Metal for Diamond because "blue" Sapphire would fit earth more than it would fit metal.

Oh, and Psieye - by earth, you mean the planet Earth, right?

Yuki Nagato's profile is completed.
Old 2008-04-10, 15:34   Link #2022
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I just go catch up on fansubbed stuff, and four pages happened. Wow lol.

In terms of Clannad, as I said before I found Fuko and Kotomi arcs grade A material. Ironically, it was the 'arcs' of the two of the characters I found most moe that killed that show for me. Read: Tomoyo and Kyou.

Anyways...

Spoiler for votes:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-04-10, 15:47   Link #2023
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

lol Dragoon, your votes are as interesting as ever. :3

Quote:
Mikuru vs Konata - yes, I admit, I'm tactical voting now lol.
egh, soo, you're voting for the least moe kyoani character to knock out an equally as popular Kyoani character who has more moe?

Quote:
Vita vs Hanyuu - Vita is the least moe character in the league for me, exhibiting all three of my anti-properties
It all makes sense to me now!

Last edited by Demi.; 2008-04-10 at 16:07.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:02   Link #2024
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I don't think you've thought your cunning plan through...
Old 2008-04-10, 16:09   Link #2025
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Spoiler for Hmmm:

I found this one interesting. While I agree with it, I'm attempting to figure it out verses your other voting patterns, since Chiaki is a loli (in terms that she is ten years old). Though her moeness has nothing to do with being a loli since that is not a plot (plot?) point, nor really part of the character design. Where as Shana is a high school student designed along loli lines.

And Rena wants to take both them home. What is the common internet bad English used these days: 'Can Rena has the lolis?'

Spoiler for Hanyuu:

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-04-10 at 16:23. Reason: Hanyuu spoiler
Old 2008-04-10, 16:20   Link #2026
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Mai votu ~desu.

Spoiler for votes:

Guess I've never mentioned it, but Shana is at the top of my list. I'm waiting for a reason to think otherwise, but it hasn't come. So, erm... yeah... Shana = default autovote and she's really the only one that I feel so absolute about. I just haven't been very vocal about it because there are so many girls I'm getting to know. Eva intrigues the hell out of me, but I need more of her story.

Fate is fast approaching the top and is likely to settle in behind Shana. Especially since I just watched episode 11 of "A's"... the one where she's caught in the dream. Damn, that was good! I got so drawn into that episode in so many ways... as in wiping tears away. But, I can be overly sappy about stuff like that, so it may not mean much. Downloading "StrikerS" now.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:24   Link #2027
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
HS bored me to tears (like Aria), as they're basically character driven shows in where I could care less about the characters. So yeah, I'll go with the loli on this one
And the reason is that those don't have childhood friends, right? You have the weirdest moe fetish ever. (I'm not meaning to offend).

Never forget
Old 2008-04-10, 16:39   Link #2028
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I just noticed that Tessa, Eri, and Gin have finally gotten improved avatar/icons in the contestants page.
Old 2008-04-10, 16:52   Link #2029
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I just noticed that Tessa, Eri, and Gin have finally gotten improved avatar/icons in the contestants page.
So did the Higurashi girls. I didn't say anything on the news page because I wanted to see how many site updates I would get done. I should be working on Kotomi's right now, but this darn research paper (naturalism in literature? ech...) is biding my time a bit.

I had to do something to the Higurashi girls so that they are upgraded to Season 2, but I don't know whether I really like them.

Any other avatar change requests?
Old 2008-04-10, 17:10   Link #2030
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I would like to change Fate and Nanoha avatars to younger (and cuter), but it's kind of a personal (and biased) request.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:11   Link #2031
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I would like Nanoha and Fate's avatar changed to loli versions, If that's okay with you. I can pm you some images if you want.

Edit: It seems kholdstare beat me to the request. ;_;
...but I can still provide the images. Just one question; do the images need to be official, or can they ban fan-art as well?
Old 2008-04-10, 17:15   Link #2032
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm, Didn't notice. Probably because the only one I saw was Hanyuu's (which is the same and cute)

Rena: While she looks happy to be here, it doesn't quite look like Rena. (Gym outfit Rena tends to have some nice face shots in both seasons) It does depend on if you want the hat, the school uniform, or not type images.

Mion: Looks like something shocked her a little. Not very cute or normal for her personality. Needs to look confident or find a rare seductive/moe face (OVA has one for the "ear cleaning" scene)

Rika: She looks bored being here. No emotion displayed. Nii-pa needs to be cute or to be weird "drunken master" mode confident (with anti-cleaver mop).

There are two ways to go for Higurashi: cute, or killer loli. Cute would work better for most people. There has got to be some art or screen captures that can be cut down to a cute head shot of these girls.

Chiaki Minami: While she doesn't look very cute in her picture, that is how she normally looks. There are few pictures that would capture Chiaki's moe moments correctly.
Old 2008-04-10, 17:17   Link #2033
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Oh, and Psieye - by earth, you mean the planet Earth, right?
If it's on the Chinese Elements, then it's for earth for Soil/Land/Rock.

I'll get my vote done in a while...

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-04-10, 17:17   Link #2034
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, let's see... Fate, Nanoha (Yeah, killuan, send me the images), Chiaki, and the Higurashi girls (again).

Actually, I need all of their images.

Truth of the matter is, it was completely hard to find Higurashi images that have the second season art style. I got lucky with Hanyuu, but I'm more or less screwed, so I need those. Maybe the profile pics that weren't chosen? (as long as it's not cut off by the border).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
If it's on the Chinese Elements, then it's for earth for Soil/Land/Rock.
... okay, back to the drawing board...

Sapphire - Earth/Metal
Diamond - Metal/Earth

This will be a tough decision...
Old 2008-04-10, 17:29   Link #2035
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

hey minhtam and anybody looking for Higurashi pics...

Here's the link to a Kai review linked off of Klashikari's blog; you might take a look here as there are lots of screenshots in this and subsequent episodes...

http://lostty.wordpress.com/2008/02/...kai-chapter-1/

Hope this helps a little

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2008-04-10 at 17:31. Reason: oops, not Klashikari's blog as I thought...
Old 2008-04-10, 17:50   Link #2036
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for Sakura Kinomoto bio suggestion:

Someone who hasn't watched Cardcaptor Sakura (do you people still exist?) tell me if anything big is maybe too big of a spoiler in your opinion.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:11   Link #2037
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I don't care for the Rika mugshot, so I'll offer an alternative.

[edit]- Oh, and I agree about the Fate, Nanoha pics. The younger ones would be better, I think.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:13   Link #2038
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

@ Psieye:

Some suggestions for bios:
Spoiler for bio stuff::

@KholdStare:
I'm probably the only person who hasn't yet seen CCS The card-playing thing put me off it until later when I have free time
Old 2008-04-10, 18:13   Link #2039
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

From what I can see, avatars are 125 x 125. Can I make a few of Fate/Nanoha (or Fate x Nanoha ) ones that's 125 x 125 without their names and email them to you minhtam?

EDIT: Here are some that I made:

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-10 at 18:25.
Old 2008-04-10, 18:17   Link #2040
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Selection of my votes:
Spoiler:

Blast, thanks for notifying me on Komori's bio... damn copy-pasta haste. Fixed.

Btw, what is 's/b' short for?

Oh and that last sentence on Chiaki's bio is a reference to how her "Ahoge Plus" only moved around at the end of S1, yet moves at any appropriate time in S2. S2 being done by differnet studio, lots of differences occur and this is one of them.

KholdStare, thanks for the renewed bio (it's been years since I saw CCS but I'd read pieces of the manga a less years ago). As usual, I'll get to feedback when I find time - been focussing on writing instead of editing thus far.

Now then... my alarm's set to wake me up 4~5 hours later. Bamboo Blade kinda made me stay up longer than expected.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe