AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-27, 10:33   Link #2701
John117xCortana

Ok. We'll wait.
Old 2011-10-27, 10:57   Link #2702
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Ok. We'll wait.
If you're waiting for me, you'll be waiting a long time, I'm afraid. I've still got about a third of the Misa novel, two and a half SDFM TV novels, the DYRL novel, five Macross II novels, the Macross Plus novel, and two Dynamite 7 novels to get through before I get to the eight (EIGHT!!) Frontier novels...
Old 2011-10-28, 05:27   Link #2703
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
Commies 1080p version out. 720 to come soon (5 to 10 hours).

Im so excited! >w<
Old 2011-10-28, 09:20   Link #2704
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post
Commies 1080p version out. 720 to come soon (5 to 10 hours).

Im so excited! >w<
Yea boi!!!

1080p version is on the go now for me.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2011-10-28, 09:33   Link #2705
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Hybrid Pack owner here...excited as hell to see this w/ subs.
Old 2011-10-28, 12:41   Link #2706
Moosey

Sigh of relief right here. Soon I shall understand!!!
I've watched the Frontier series twice in the last week plus DYRL out of sheer nerves!
Old 2011-10-28, 12:57   Link #2707
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
yep Max and Milia were there piloting vf-22s in the final battle against Vajra. (Komilia was there too)

Isamu actually had a few lines in the novel, something like "what in the world are that blue and red units, they are fast as hell"
I find it surprising that Isamu could not readily identify the two best aces of NUNS.

Anyway, Komilia was in the military. She was the star of the old PC Engine game called The Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036, which was later adapted as part of the Macross II timeline. In the game, she defended Earth against another Zentradi fleet attack. Breetai was the supreme commander of the UNS at the time, and gets uneasy whenever Komilia addresses him as uncle...

Personally, I think Milia should have gone into the fight in her old Quead. Someone needs to show those pacified Meltrans how to fight again! Yes Klan, I be lookin' at ya!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2011-10-28 at 13:09.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:24   Link #2708
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I find it surprising that Isamu could not readily identify the two best aces of NUNS.

Anyway, Komilia was in the military. She was the star of the old PC Engine game called The Super Dimension Fortress Macross 2036, which was later adapted as part of the Macross II timeline. In the game, she defended Earth against another Zentradi fleet attack. Breetai was the supreme commander of the UNS at the time, and gets uneasy whenever Komilia addresses him as uncle...

Personally, I think Milia should have gone into the fight in her old Quead. Someone needs to show those pacified Meltrans how to fight again! Yes Klan, I be lookin' at ya!

- Tak
That Komilia is in a different continuity. The Big West DYRL-Macross II continuity.

Macross 7 Galaxy is Calling Me is the only time we see adult Komilia in the SK Macross continuity. In a picture when Mylene was a baby.

Moaramia or Moa is a year younger than her but is a military pilot as special forces. Which explains in-universe why she wasn't there when the picture was taken. Moa is Max and Millia's adopted Zentradi daughter in Macross M3.

If Komilia is military in the novel that would make two Jenius daughters in the military.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:26   Link #2709
Moosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post
Sigh of relief right here. Soon I shall understand!!!
I've watched the Frontier series twice in the last week plus DYRL out of sheer nerves!
Or not it seems. I downloaded it and all I get is a green screen with the audio and no subs when I play it (I'm using VLC on a Mac).
Am I missing something? Do I have to combine this with the raw somehow?
Old 2011-10-28, 13:40   Link #2710
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
So just wondering, did the DVD just come out?
Old 2011-10-28, 13:42   Link #2711
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Or not it seems. I downloaded it and all I get is a green screen with the audio and no subs when I play it (I'm using VLC on a Mac).
Am I missing something? Do I have to combine this with the raw somehow?
Let me guess its the MKA file right? I don't pretend to be an expert on that but I would go for the MKV file for convenience.

If you have the raw already you could just use the .ass file for subtitle with the Raw using VLC. You'll just have to rename the .ass file with the same name as the Raw video.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:42   Link #2712
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
That Komilia is in a different continuity. The Big West DYRL-Macross II continuity.
I mentioned this already in my post, and even had the same discussion with ya 3 years ago. Keep in mind that Kawamori was also involved in creating the game, and while it was certainly used to connect to the Macross 2 storyline, it could be just as valid to connect it to the canon storyline. After all, Macross II was, for better or worse, an afterthought. Moreover, it didn't deviate from the original SDF. Breetai was certainly supreme commander of the UNS post-Space War I, and there were certainly thousands of Zentradi fleets still in existence.

While Macross II is said to have taken 2036's continuity, it almost had nothing to do with it.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:44   Link #2713
hai_san

WOAAAAAAA

I just watch the sub from commie, it was just great!

The animation and fight scenes were the best i've ever seen ever! Closest ever would be Gundam Unicorn fight scenes but even then wouldn't even match it, well considering one is movie and the other is only ova though.

The ending was better than in the Tv serie in my opinion. Micheal survives but instead Alto...

Way to go to sink the shipping war, now we know whose Alto chose or couldnt chose...

The cameo of the white VF was also really great, although i am not sure who it is but great nontheless.

The music was very good, but still i am missing the goose bump feelings i had when i was listening to "Do you remember love".
Old 2011-10-28, 13:50   Link #2714
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hai_san View Post
The cameo of the white VF was also really great, although i am not sure who it is but great nontheless.
That is Isamu Dyson the protagonist of Macross Plus nineteen years after.
Old 2011-10-28, 13:54   Link #2715
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Where you guys watching it?
Old 2011-10-28, 14:02   Link #2716
sa547
*Author

I watched too with the subs on... and MY GALAXY GOT ROCKED!

All right, congratulations to everyone who survived this Great Journey... it's one helluva ride that other anime movies -- save for SnT's classic equal, DYRL -- may have to match for years to come.
Old 2011-10-28, 14:02   Link #2717
Moosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Let me guess its the MKA file right? I don't pretend to be an expert on that but I would go for the MKV file for convenience.

If you have the raw already you could just use the .ass file for subtitle with the Raw using VLC. You'll just have to rename the .ass file with the same name as the Raw video.
It's the MKV file I went for first. That's what's giving me the green screen.
I'm dl-ing the MKA now hoping they might work together but if the video file is giving me a green screen already, I'm not hopeful. Time will tell.
Old 2011-10-28, 14:03   Link #2718
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I watched too with the subs on... and MY GALAXY GOT ROCKED!
Alright well, keep your pants on.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-28, 14:07   Link #2719
hai_san

Sheryl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all!

"if i die, it should be ON STAGE"

or

"I'll shake the galaxy with my song"

Greatest quote ever from macross frontier, even though the 2nd is a copy from Basara.
Old 2011-10-28, 14:27   Link #2720
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
Quote:
It's the MKV file I went for first. That's what's giving me the green screen.
I'm dl-ing the MKA now hoping they might work together but if the video file is giving me a green screen already, I'm not hopeful. Time will tell.
I'm pretty sure Commie does their subs and stuff in 10-bit so make sure you have al your codecs updates. (if you havent already)
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song