AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 00:27   Link #3641
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Damn, now that's what I call a final showdown. A way more intense fight and really just more emotion behind it. Goes to show what you can do when you have a bit of time to have a legitimate fight and a solid conversation after it's all said and done.
Old 2013-07-29, 09:49   Link #3642
GundamFan1989

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21464028

The ending theme, Mirai no Moyou by Aira Yuuki
GundamFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 15:08   Link #3643
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan1989 View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm21464028

The ending theme, Mirai no Moyou by Aira Yuuki
How to play the vids? its all in japanese and clicking it for me does nothing :/
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:43   Link #3644
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
How to play the vids? its all in japanese and clicking it for me does nothing :/
It seems you have to log in to the site.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-29, 22:58   Link #3645
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Niconico requires users to have an account to view any videos on the site.
Old 2013-07-29, 23:07   Link #3646
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Here you go. For some reason, you don't need log in while viewing embedded.
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Too bad, I won't be able to watch anything until I'm back. ;_;
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 14:55   Link #3647
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It seems you have to log in to the site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Niconico requires users to have an account to view any videos on the site.
Ah no wonder XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Here you go. For some reason, you don't need log in while viewing embedded.
NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Too bad, I won't be able to watch anything until I'm back. ;_;
Wait.....wasn't this the song Romary was singing? Thanks for posting the vid on here btw
Old 2013-07-30, 19:55   Link #3648
AkitoW013

This remake is really useless...
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 20:05   Link #3649
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
This remake is really useless...
i disagree it fixes things that were bad so its not useless and the fight scene at the end is awesome
Scorpiopt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 22:56   Link #3650
gordol
Banned

Shaldoll Scout cameo

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 16:30   Link #3651
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Uncool.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 16:58   Link #3652
Aquaman OS

Having watched the whole thing I have to say. Christ this whole thing is a mess. Sure Asemu vs Zeheart was improved, but that was at the cost of everything else.

The 3rd and 4th arcs up til the final fight might as well be clip shows it moves that fast. And after Zeheart goes down, that's it. That's the end. No Vegan Gear, no Sid. Credits roll and there's a brief final scene with a narrator explaining why the war ended, since the movie doesn't show it. It does make Zeheart the final boss, which I guess is what should have happened in the first place, but the otherwise rush job ruins any improvement there could have been.

All in all, file Age away as a miserable failure due to the idiocy of the people running it. Makes me wonder if there's anyone competent in the mecha anime industry anymore, with string after string of shows sucking and falling apart towards the end, if not sooner.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 18:00   Link #3653
gordol
Banned

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, this is just embarassing!

They used stock footage of Legilis Bit Power-up from the Sid fight during the FX fight, LOL. You can even see Sid's custom beam colors being deflected.

Thanks Sunrise!

gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 20:20   Link #3654
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Having watched the whole thing I have to say. Christ this whole thing is a mess. Sure Asemu vs Zeheart was improved, but that was at the cost of everything else.

The 3rd and 4th arcs up til the final fight might as well be clip shows it moves that fast. And after Zeheart goes down, that's it. That's the end. No Vegan Gear, no Sid. Credits roll and there's a brief final scene with a narrator explaining why the war ended, since the movie doesn't show it. It does make Zeheart the final boss, which I guess is what should have happened in the first place, but the otherwise rush job ruins any improvement there could have been.
Did you expect a redid final arcs? I think we all know that this compilation is just Asemu and Zeheart's story and from their point of view and I definitely thought that it is wise to end it at the end of their battle (plus I think the whole Vagan Gear is stupid).

Granted I still haven't watch the movie yet and I know what I am going to get. Who knows, maybe once I finish the movie I will have an even worse opinion of this movie
Old 2013-08-03, 21:06   Link #3655
Aquaman OS

They should have just ended it at arc 2 as it is that eats up about 80 percent of the film. The 3rd and 4th arcs move so fast they're incoherent if you didn't already watch the series. Just random clips of battles interspaced with scenes of Zeheart imagining people talking to him. There's no big reveal of Asemu as Ash, he just flies in to grab Kio, who automatically knows who he is, and it seems like the only reason they even bothered to go for the final arc was so they could redo the final Zeheart fight.

Really, that fight is the film. That's it. Everything else you might as well just watch the series.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-03, 21:15   Link #3656
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You can even see Sid's custom beam colors being deflected.
Wow and I thought the SEED movies had issues.Then again if Legilis is pitted against FX Gundam that alone would be worth something.
Quote:
plus I think the whole Vagan Gear is stupid
I liked it.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 00:55   Link #3657
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post

All in all, file Age away as a miserable failure due to the idiocy of the people running it. Makes me wonder if there's anyone competent in the mecha anime industry anymore, with string after string of shows sucking and falling apart towards the end, if not sooner.
Any links for the film?
Old 2013-08-04, 02:00   Link #3658
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Sure, glaring flaws in the show were still left unaddressed in this remake, but the whole point of this OVA was really to focus on the relationship between Zeheart and Asemu. On this count I think it was done pretty well, such as the expanded final battle and the dialogues they had.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 02:59   Link #3659
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Meh I really had only hoped for an improved showdown between Asemu and Zeheart and we got that. I never expect much from these kinds of movies, so just that much is actually pretty satisfying.
Old 2013-08-04, 17:33   Link #3660
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

After watching the raw, it really did improve Asemu and Zeheart's friendship, the last fight was nicely expanded aswell, it did bother me that Zeheart could've finished Asemu several times but instead resorted to kicking him instead, it made me lol a bit.

Especially the part where he broke his Dods-Lance? with the mobile suits hand just to have the entire arm break when they fist-bumped towards the end, lol
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote