2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.13%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-11, 15:16   Link #41
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
The black and white Sengoku memories are all anime original, right? I don't remember them from any of the books I've read (up to Nisemon 1).
I think so since I don't remember them either, but then I've been reading a ton of other stuff lately and I may just have forgotten it. Of course, I didn't really pay as close attention to Nadeko Snake as I did with the other arcs though.

I've never been to be too picky about animation, but even I was affected by this ep. I kept skipping back and forth to see if the frame had just locked up... They better get at least the next 2 eps right.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 15:51   Link #42
Clarste
Human

Yeah, the animation was noticeably... well not lower quality but there was simply less of it. It's the first time those red/black scene transition screens and excessive eye shots really bugged me. I'm guessing they blew all their budget/time on the OP. Hoping they'll fix it for DVD. As for the talking without the mouth moving, I just kind of assumed it was supposed to be internal monologue. If the other characters were actually meant to hear it though... that's worse than lazy, that's confusing.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 17:31   Link #43
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
Fans drove the new opening thing like it was a new drug... so maybe the company tried to please the fickle fans and got caught.

OP's are not easy to do and sometimes I think fans are down right greedy.
Oh FFS SHAFT themselves announced 5 OPs before Bakemonogatari started airing, there was no fan demand pushing for this, it was something SHAFT decided. And besides from my understanding they generally get different teams to work on the OP in the first place (like how Basquash's first director did Mayoi's) and I really doubt the resources used to create such a basic OP like Nadeko's (It's hardly FMA Brotherhood OP2) would take up so much as to explain why Ep 10 is Moonphase all over again. If you want to know why the answer's pretty damn obvious and if you don't know why than *looks left* *looks right* *looks up* I AM IN DESPAIR!!! and SHAFT always switch up OPs and EDs in pretty much every series I've seen by them.

Last edited by Westlo; 2009-09-11 at 17:50.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:03   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This is a standard Shinbo tactic when they run out of budget or when the animation outsource goofs up. Tsukuyomi Moon Phase had entire fight scenes done with static stills during its broadcast (actual scenes were later edited into the DVDs). Problem is, these days, its hard to tell when he's doing it to be "arty" or its a response to a production problem.

Yeah, expect radical differences in the DVDs.
I think both of us seen enough Shinbou-involved series to know what to expect by now. I really was mentally prepared for something like this, but geez... it still didn't make it easier. Half way through I just gave up on this episode. It was absolutely terrible. Mind you, the content was good once again, but without proper attempt at visualization, this story just isn't the same.

Don't even feel like talking about this episode. Hopefully by the time the episode is ready to air in BS, they will make an attempt at cleaning up this mess somewhat.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:09   Link #45
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I wouldn't expect them to fix it by the time it airs on another station. That would just put them behind on the next episodes in line.

And Nadeko doesn't seem that significant either way, so I'd rather have a butchered Nadeko arc (even if it is the finisher for her) and a series of regular quality Haneakwa eps than the alternative.

I'll just wait for the DVD release for the fix~
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:12   Link #46
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman View Post
I wouldn't expect them to fix it by the time it airs on another station. That would just put them behind on the next episodes in line.
You are most likely right. It didn't happen for Moon Phase. Just grasping at straws here for coping purposes.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 19:05   Link #47
zato_1one

Still waiting for sub but I can't rate this episode more than below average even if the dialogues are great. Because it's not only that I delude myself but it also likes an insult to previous episodes if I rate it too high.
Old 2009-09-11, 19:13   Link #48
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
You are most likely right. It didn't happen for Moon Phase. Just grasping at straws here for coping purposes.
If it makes you feel better, at least Bakemonogatari is good!

Nah, just kidding. I haven't watched Moon Phase, so.
Old 2009-09-11, 20:40   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaft!

Hmm... A mixed feeling. Kind of disappointed and angry they have to fall into this state when they are animating Nadeko's arc, and kind of feel sorry for them that they have fallen into this state.
They worked hard on the OP though... Though everything after that... Well, in a way, you can say it was like watching a picture drama, except it felt like Shaft was trying to hide their mistakes by making it look intentional.

And the story itself was a disappointment. Only two episodes. Problem introduced, solved real soon. (-_-)
Actual problem/development seemed to be about Arararagi himself and not Nadeko too...

Well... If there is one positive point about the episode, it was the strangely lovely scenes of Nadeko moaning on the ground and the absolutely adorable OP.
Moeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~
Desu.

Rating = 2 + 5 for Nadeko's existence.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 20:58   Link #50
Jerseykid

I wish they would take a little break between each oddity, this is the one anime where i am actually wanting filler. The characters and their interactions are just so awesome.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 21:04   Link #51
zato_1one

I wonder what do people in 2ch think about this?

Grr... If this affects their DVD/Blu-ray sell then they can only blame themselves for this.
Old 2009-09-11, 21:11   Link #52
velderia
Former NEET.

I actually watched the raw this time. I now know why some of you are talking about the animation quality. It kind of sucks. D: Not the image quality itself - I honestly wondered if my frames were lagging, even though I was watching a low-res version.

I wonder if they were saving up their resources for another episode that requires greater animation, or if they ran into some obstacles getting this one done. I think I'm going to vote 9/10 on this one, even if the sub didn't come out yet. The interactions of the characters looked interesting enough.

Last edited by velderia; 2009-09-11 at 21:57. Reason: Grammar police-ing myself. u_u
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 21:39   Link #53
Pachael
原作通り

For about 7 minutes it was a visual drama CD, which is poor since the climax's been well, shafted. Oh well.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 22:36   Link #54
christianbelouve

The OP is awesome, it's more...cuter... than Mayoi's OP (Mostly because the main theme is pink?)

I wonder if SHAFT release the BD ver of those 3 streaming episode, and fix this crappy epsiode

Btw those 5 episode left is all Tsubasa scene time? I would rather watch the streaming episode talking about the relationship between Koyomi and Hitagi rather than watch just Tsubasa
christianbelouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 22:52   Link #55
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
i wonder what do people in 2ch think about this?

Grr... If this affects their dvd/blu-ray sell then they can only blame themselves for this.
Never!!!!!!!
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:09   Link #56
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianbelouve View Post
The OP is awesome, it's more...cuter... than Mayoi's OP (Mostly because the main theme is pink?)
It's cuter because it wasn't so glaringly loli-licious, and because the song was more of a mellow/rhythmic type of a song then a typical loli-pop song. The music itself was also very simple and wasn't full of too many noises.
Old 2009-09-11, 23:45   Link #57
christianbelouve

Just glance at the seiyuu list, Nadeko ~ Kana Hanazawa ~ Zange-chan

Arrghh... So that's why she sounds so familiar...

This OP vs the one she sings in the Karaoke Warrior in Kannagi is way too different
christianbelouve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 23:53   Link #58
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
They did fix it with Hidamari Sketch so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I wonder what do people in 2ch think about this?

Grr... If this affects their DVD/Blu-ray sell then they can only blame themselves for this.
"Damn you SHAFT. We'll buy it, so fix it in the DVD/BD and don't die yet."

"Thanks for awesome OP, even though the episode sucked."

Something like that. Many people knows Shaft's current situation, so they decided to rage and support them.

(Prior to episode 8 broadcast, certain SZS outsourced staffs posted Shaft's current situation, such as when he inquired why they still didn't return him a layout for SZS ep10: "Sorry, we're too busy to do anything else. Episode 8 of Bakemonogatari have to broadcast tonight, and we're still doing it…")

Last edited by sirn; 2009-09-12 at 00:03.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 03:06   Link #59
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
They did fix it with Hidamari Sketch so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I don't see why it won't be fixed, i mean it's been said many times about the few episodes of Moon Phase that ended up like this, along with a few episodes from the first season of Hidamari Sketch.
Old 2009-09-12, 03:12   Link #60
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...This really doesn't bode well for the rest of the season, does it?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote