AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-03, 08:29   Link #61
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Finally watched the episode, good comedy, voice acting to my taste and some romantic potential - looking forward to the rest

on a side note, I was pretty suprised (in a positive way) that this series was/is so well received here when just the announcement of a show like Chu-bra was initially downgraded as the nail in the industry's coffin... must be the change of season
But I'm pretty sure people will argue how oh so different both shows are
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 08:55   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show didn't catch my eyes at all in the chart but the positive comments here conviced me to check it out. I quite enjoyed that first episode, it's pretty original to have an heroine thinking only (mostly?) about sex and not love. Very funny scenes here and there, and I enjoyed Yukarin's perfomance.

I'm sure Yamada will lose sight of her dream to bang 100 men, but I hope her goal isn't going to shift from sex to love too fast.
Old 2010-04-03, 08:55   Link #63
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audit01 View Post
(that the main female character thinks like a sl*t)
Hello, society's double standards.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-03, 09:05   Link #64
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm sure Yamada will lose sight of her dream to bang 100 men, but I hope her goal isn't going to shift from sex to love too fast.
Seeing how much comedy we had in the first episode, there's a chance the show will change just like that. As long as the pacing is fine, then it could work out for the better.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:40   Link #65
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Hello, society's double standards.
not particularly, any male with the same mindset and actions will come off as a massive pervert in anme.

there's natural curiousity, and there's perversion.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:42   Link #66
Midonin
Last Engage

Characters like Ken Sugisaki (the man who sees himself having a literal harem ending) and Tomoki Sakurai (who has equally perverted goals) were loved by the audience. Yet Yamada has that roadblock of the double standard. Granted, everyone mostly seems to love her in this thread, but society is of that mindset.
Old 2010-04-03, 17:44   Link #67
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audit01 View Post
Well except from the obvious (that the main female character thinks like a sl*t) the anime seems funny

I think the ending will be cliche...
She will fall in love with the protagonist-male of the story and she will understand of how stupid she was in believing that she would find true happiness by having sex with 100 partners
cliche isn't bad, if the delivery and handling of it is enjoyable, I accept it. Not like this is a particularly serious story either. I actually prefer the series to go that way, since her idea/goal is pretty naviette in the first place and her actions shows she's wasn't mature enough when she made up this goal for herself.

If it was a series where she does have sex with 100 partners, just give me a standard hentai, it be far more enjoyable.

Quote:
Characters like Ken Sugisaki (the man who sees himself having a literal harem ending) and Tomoki Sakurai (who has equally perverted goals) were loved by the audience. Yet Yamada has that roadblock of the double standard. Granted, everyone mostly seems to love her in this thread, but society is of that mindset.
I say people loved Ken Sugisaki not for his gag-motivation of having a harem, but for the moments scattered throughout the show of him showing his serious/thoughtful sides. If he was focused on just the harem 100% of the time, people would have gotten tired of him.
Old 2010-04-03, 21:22   Link #68
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Nice premise, definitely watching this
Downloading the Utw subs, since the CoalGuys (ex-GG) subs have a pretty poor translation, as mentioned on AniDB:
Quote:
post by niks on Fri, 02.04.2010 23:39
Yes, I can confirm that translation, while mostly okay'ish, is at times very inaccurate and overall it seems like the translator didn't give half a damn about accuracy as many jokes and other random lines have stuff replaced with entirely different words with different meaning, not that people without Japanese knowledge will notice it as it's done rather smoothly. Nevertheless at least 80% of the massacred lines could have been translated literally and would still have been funny even without made-up replacement jokes which come at the expense of not always being as funny as original jokes as well as the unneeded inaccuracy.
Other than this it's a good release but I hope that no one will watch it as it's a massacre of the of the original, in my humble opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
Like Danny says for the first part. It's really kind of impossible to argue that when it's given so explicitly. At most (and probably how it's meant), it's a pun meaning both. You're welcome to argue for the existence of Blood Type C and F if you want though. You just might look a bit silly in the process.
Yes, B型 refers to B-cup. This is confirmed by Kiten:
型 P: 2-6-3 ケイ; かた; -がた (6) size (i.e. clothing, shoes) -> refers to bra size. I've learned quite a lot about bras by watching Chu-Bra

It does not mean blood type by itself, just like the English "type" doesn't mean blood type by itself.
Blood type would be 血液型 (けつえきがた), literally: blood-liquid-type.
Old 2010-04-04, 01:04   Link #69
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Quote:
Everything is okay in an anime. Wonder what happens if we actually meet a girl like that in real life, though
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 01:27   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Everything is okay in an anime. Wonder what happens if we actually meet a girl like that in real life, though
One thing we know she wants an ideal virgin guy. (Yeah right as if there is one. Chances are even if a virgin its a pervert.)

That even if the deed is to be done it turns out she's one of those girls that really hurt down there when doing it. Preventing her from her 100 sex partners ambition.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 05:20   Link #71
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

How do people turn a comedic device into a discussion about culture and gender? - now I know
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 05:35   Link #72
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

I had a good laugh out of this, story premise have a good potential for lots of ecchi gag.
Makes me wonder what's so weird about her private part but i suppose that's too risque to
tell.
Old 2010-04-04, 05:48   Link #73
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
not particularly, any male with the same mindset and actions will come off as a massive pervert in anme.

there's natural curiousity, and there's perversion.
You mean in real life.... Sadly, that's a fact of life. People on both sides of the sexes will always view femininity and women as the fairer sex. Men being the fairer sex? That makes me laugh, even though I know that isn't a 'fair' view of it. I'm pretty sure that's where biology plays into it..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 06:19   Link #74
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
How do people turn a comedic device into a discussion about culture and gender? - now I know
When it's directly related to the premise, it's but a natural extension of discussion.
Old 2010-04-04, 06:43   Link #75
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
I had a good laugh out of this, story premise have a good potential for lots of ecchi gag.
Makes me wonder what's so weird about her private part but i suppose that's too risque to
tell.
My guess is that she has no hair down there.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 06:51   Link #76
Clarste
Human

It's probably completely normal but she's just overly self-conscious about it.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 07:28   Link #77
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Does she even have any examples to compare with to judge hers as... 'weird'?
edkedkedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 09:16   Link #78
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Does she even have any examples to compare with to judge hers as... 'weird'?
That's why in my first post the first thing I said she should do is get her girl friends together for a party/sleepover/whatever she wants to call it so long as she has an excuse. Once they're together, at some point she'd mention that she was concerned that she looked weird 'down there'. Since they're all girls, they probably wouldn't mind helping her out by showing theirs and looking at hers. If they all look different or say it is weird, then she'll know that she might want to talk to a doc; if they all look just as weird, she can rest easy. BTW, I doubt it's a matter of hair. People grow at different rates and have different end results; the fact that she is still the same as when she was younger probably wouldn't seem so strange. It might, of course, be that she has a TON of hair. I've seen several non-adult shows/movies where some girls are teased because they have so much hair. Take Neo Ranga for instance. On a beach episode, the heroine's friends bury her in the sand then sculpt a mock body over her; she immediately starts shouting because they put several armfuls of seaweed on that region, and tries to run them down when they try to argue that that's how she really is...
I'd say this is almost definitely going to very gradually go from her wanting to get Kosuda and then 99 others to wanting Kosuda alone, still with a very strong sexual aspect, and gradually toward sex being a part of her desire to be with him, rather than her clinging to him in hopes that things will lead to sex. And it doesn't matter if it's cliche, almost everything follows well-established patterns these days; it's a matter of how you play out those patterns that really matters.
I've been thinking about how this story differs from others, and decided that there's one more step along this line:
Spoiler:

Seriously, someone should pull Kosuda aside and give him a crash course in Yamada psychology.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 12:08   Link #79
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Strangely , her pervert's character reminds me an ex but she didn't stop as she did ^^ (if you understand what i mean)
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-04, 14:57   Link #80
NakedAngelX

All i can say is what has the world come to

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen