Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-04, 22:36   Link #8881
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well that still puts you above average. Remember, the NA server average for the East cluster is 48% now, and I think West Coast has a MUCH lower one. The point where one hits 51% means you're already performing more than 90% of everyone else. The so-called Unicums? They're just 1% of the total server population.

And regardless of what you say Touma, until WG gives out an official metric of measuring player improvement, WR is the best we have. Efficiency, TWR, WN, all of these are player-made measures, and aren't official.
It certainly doesn't feel that way some days. It's like every other battle has like 4-5 60%'ers on the other team and my team has all the 42% botters sometimes.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 22:41   Link #8882
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
It certainly doesn't feel that way some days. It's like every other battle has like 4-5 60%'ers on the other team and my team has all the 42% botters sometimes.
I know right? However server numbers don't exactly lie. For example, if I run your profile on WOT news, it's very likely your stats will put you in that 1% Mow. There are just days that MM hates you I suppose.

To put things in perspective, apparently there are only 4% in the total population with a higher WR than I have, which is very surprising. That said, when said 4% is still more than 5k people...

Makes you wish that there's a seasonal reset and tiering in the game ala Starcraft 2 huh?
Old 2013-08-04, 22:51   Link #8883
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
that because you play higher tier for most of the time.

try play solo on <T5. is not rare to see you the only one that is not red

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:14   Link #8884
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

heh, i tried to play tier Vs before, i played heavies so long i forgot how to play the mediums i have at tier V, and it got worst now that they nerfed derps. which is a bad and good thing, bad thing meaning heavies can troll, good thing is that no more one shotted by derps.
Old 2013-08-04, 23:22   Link #8885
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well, my day ended with 200k credit profit and 300k more from the event (500k in total), along with 28 victories over 36 battles, finally got into true 53% (53.04% exactly) andf I passed the 6000 battles mark. Got the turret in the King Tiger and I can say that it really makes a difference, and I'm about to go down the soviet TD line (since I have the SU-85 researched).
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:29   Link #8886
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
and I'm about to go down the soviet TD line (since I have the SU-85 researched).
I had an oddly bad experience with the SU-100. Either I was bad at playing it or I had the worst luck ever with teams, because my winrate with it is 33%. For me the line really got good starting with the SU-152, which should be played with the titular 152 mm gun and preferably with HEAT (which has 250 pen!). Seriously, *constantly* slapping 700 HP off of enemies with a tier 7 TD is a breathtaking experience.

Never tried the tiers below 6, but I heard the SU-85B is OP for tier 4.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 23:30   Link #8887
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

yeah i got that 300k creds that UTE got, but i wasn't even trying since i was just playing per usual.

i moved my KV 1 crew into the ST I, then i'll move my IS 6 crew into the IS 4 when i get it. then i will prolly move one of my russian crews to the IS 6 and replace the rus tank crew from the tank i moved to the IS 6. thats alot of moving.

i think angel or someone gave me the toaru music pack for WoT, then Pen gave me the Mikoto Misaka voices, still mixed in with GUP mods like the reload voice is from GUP, tankmen are GUP or mainly GUP, and then login screens are some GUP and others.

heheh, its funny to have a certain series mixed in with GUP voices.

85B is OP for its tier, if u can hide and snipe pretty well wit it, as for the 152s i hate fighting those tanks, they take out almost 1/4th or 1/3 of my hp every shot they land on me... so i either make it bounce/miss/or absorb it. the only downside would be if you stay out too long after shooting the 152, ur dead, i've seen that happen, which is the downside of most derps.

idk if i should get the 150 if you guys want to do the 150/1S/KV2 platoon. who wants to do it?
Old 2013-08-05, 01:54   Link #8888
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Had a training session with my Clan earlier today, where we practiced high speed driving. This morning's training was actually quite okay, except that I got lost and went wildly off-course, lol.

Also, having problems intialising voice chat. The game gives me an error message that it's unable to initialise voice chat due to firewall, but I didn't have this problem in 8.6. Should I uninstall and clean install?

Annnnnd I have the Crusader, yay! I kinda made a mistake though; my plan was to work up to the 75mm HV, since I had a spare, and immediately mount it.... except that I accidentally sold my spare 75mm HV. Oh, well. I'll just skip to the Crusader's best gun anyway, since I have it unlocked. Well, when I get the 2nd turret.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 04:51   Link #8889
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

WG's fix to your problem.

Spoiler for Long fix:

https://support.worldoftanks.com/Kno...oice-chat-work
Old 2013-08-05, 06:25   Link #8890
GHOST EYE
Early Warning & Control

Wild Goose, what's your WoT username?
GHOST EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 07:12   Link #8891
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

if it is and u can find his on the NA servers he in the EU servers.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:26   Link #8892
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST EYE View Post
he have the same name in WoT and he on NA server.
Old 2013-08-05, 07:39   Link #8893
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

So i missed why you quit/break from WoT... is it school?

Well IT isn't easy to learn depending which field you go. If you want to learn programming the easiest is Power shell C++ is harder and linux is to confusing cause your on your own when you mod your scripts. Its a long process. their IT auditor which means you need to learn the laws relating to IT and review and refine company policies. IT security is similar but focuses on security. Then you the regular IT like help desk and differ admins.

Meh GL on finishing IT. I had to go to college almost 6 yrs cuz i messed up my major... went into biz management then into IT..... although i did have transferred creds so i finished a year early than most of the ppl i start with IT... my results is 2 assocs and 1 bachelors.
Old 2013-08-05, 08:09   Link #8894
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh for those who're wondering, I uninstalled WOT in preparation for a clean re-install. Won't get to actually re-installing until MAYBE Friday, but hopefully I can test out if a "vanilla" fresh install suffers the same sort of crashes the modded WOT I had been used was experiencing.
Old 2013-08-05, 09:07   Link #8895
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
I'm about to go down the soviet TD line (since I have the SU-85 researched).
The SU-85 is quite painful to go through since it has the same armor as the T-34 and is not likely to offer much protection in Tier V-VI matches so you'll want to keep well out of the way.

It shouldn't take long to move up to the SU-100 though and it seems like a bit more of an upgrade especially with the 122mm.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 09:22   Link #8896
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Well In my third acc I have a lot of fun with the SU-85 (since it has an amazing camo value, it's almost invisible hidden in a bush at 150m)
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 09:39   Link #8897
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I enjoyed it quite a bit way back in the beta but when I went through it again recently it wasn't quite what I remembered and once your spotted not even that sloped frontal armor can save you.

I'm not too far off buying the SU-152 though I'm probably going to wait until I have enough cash for its upgraded modules before I actually buy it. Once I do I'll probably give the 152mm a good outing before trying the other guns.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 10:33   Link #8898
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOST EYE View Post
Wild_Goose. I'm with VLCTY, the SB clan. I usually hang on NA West.

@Touma: that's not really helpful, AS I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM IN 8.6. I implore you to embark on a course of study that you may comprehend the written word.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 11:16   Link #8899
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Remember that popular, but repeatedly debunked claim that a Super Pershing dueled a King Tiger and won?

That was what I re-enacted with an enemy King Tiger, in a match that came down to the wire.

My final kill shot was done with HE. Not APCR, High-Explosive. Definitely one of the most nail-biting matches I've had, yet.

Who said the SP doesn't still have it?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 11:29   Link #8900
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Goose its firewall problem error then it is relevant to your issue that you have. See this is why IT ppl hate end users and think of employees as idiots and uneducated when it comes down to computers. No matter how it is explained or detailed the solution they don't a crap hey just want IT to fix their computer.

I hope you will enjoy the IT field Kimi cause your gonna have to put up with a lot of crap on the job.

When i play the SP i seem to get dmg alot despite front facing the direction of the incoming shells. But yeah the SP is still a great tank despite if it got nerfed or not.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks