AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-27, 13:48   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hi guys! Totally forget about this thread in the midst of loads of things I had to do today. Really sorry about that. Anyway, thread is up. Hopefully I'll add to the opening post once I watch the episode whenever that is.

Have fun!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!
Old 2010-07-27, 15:18   Link #2
kitten320

Kinda dissapointed, somehow the manga scenes looked better... especially when Soi Fon was screaming Hachi's name. She looked more panicked there. But I'm glad that anime allowed Barragan to actually use his axe which in manga was just for show and was completly ignored later on.

Though I liked Soi's comment when Omaeda caught her once again "Will you stop that?", he surely saves and grabs her a lot in anime. Heck, he was about to hug her in the end.

Well I finally saw what I wanted and now I'm officialy done with Bleach, will check only spoilers for next week chapter and that's it.

Might come back when fillers will start, that is if they will be worthy.

See ya everyone, it was nice to talk to you all. Hope to see you all on other anime threads, take care
Old 2010-07-27, 15:20   Link #3
dickdatduck
(ﺧ益ﺨ)

I'm not sure why but I really liked that accent fight in the preview.
Old 2010-07-27, 15:28   Link #4
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

That was a pretty good episode. I'm just sad he is dead. I really loved his character, his release was bloody awesome and completely unique amongst any arrancar we've seen, loved his voice actor...just truely 1 great character

My tribute to the King of Huceo Mundo.
Old 2010-07-27, 15:37   Link #5
TheRime

Now I'm confused... When he goes "shatter kyokasuigetsu," does the "shatter" command BREAK the illusion or MAKE the illusion?
Old 2010-07-27, 15:48   Link #6
kitten320

Breaks it, same thing was done in SS arc.
Old 2010-07-27, 16:56   Link #7
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
See ya everyone, it was nice to talk to you all. Hope to see you all on other anime threads, take care
Bye bye kitten!

Pretty good episode IMO. Seeing the trio in action again was nice. And more Aizen is even better for me. So now that this is out, I can finally re-ask the question to all the anime viewers. Was Barry a Vasto Lorde? Because the dialogue definitely suggests he was not yet an arrancar. It'd also be pretty silly for the guy to call himself a king without at least achieving the final menos evolution.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-07-27 at 17:15.
Old 2010-07-27, 17:33   Link #8
Petbe
Wingless Angel

Spoiler for Episode 281:
Old 2010-07-27, 17:54   Link #9
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Well I finally saw what I wanted and now I'm officialy done with Bleach, will check only spoilers for next week chapter and that's it.

Might come back when fillers will start, that is if they will be worthy.

Same thing I've been doing since the Ulquiorra arc ended. I can't bring myself to bother with Bleach any more.

Then again, I'm pretty lazy
Old 2010-07-27, 18:42   Link #10
Jerseykid

Aizen's glasses magically regenerated! The biggest plot hole in history!
Old 2010-07-27, 19:11   Link #11
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
i noticed that too

not only did he decide to put back on glasses, but also un-slick his hair
Old 2010-07-27, 19:12   Link #12
Stormwhite

Send a message via MSN to Stormwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
Now I'm confused... When he goes "shatter kyokasuigetsu," does the "shatter" command BREAK the illusion or MAKE the illusion?
It does neither, it's the release command.

Spoiler for Episode 281:

If I'm wrong, you can shoot me later.
Old 2010-07-27, 19:33   Link #13
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
i noticed that too

My last notice here... take a look at their haori. They probably came here while still being captains.

I doubt that Aizen would just flee to HM without any plan. Besides that one eyed monster would not help him to escape just like that. Aizen had to make some preperations before his departure and here is the proof of it.

It is not a plot hole!

I can't believe I'm protecting Kubo about plot holes 0_0
Old 2010-07-27, 20:48   Link #14
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormwhite View Post
It does neither, it's the release command.
I think it appears to be both a release command and a deactivation command. Because he doesn't have to have the say the command to release his zanpakuto. He proved that the moment he caught Barry with hypnosis. At the same time, he's rarely ever seen dispelling his illusions without saying the command.

Spoiler for Episode 281:

I'm pretty sure Hitsugaya (who was going by here-say alone) simply stated that their "combat capabilities are above that of our captains" -- which is kind of vague. It's not quite the same as implying that they're "CONSIDERABLY more powerful" or just plain in a league of their own. And that was the first and last time the vasto lorde's combat capabilities were brought up IIRC.

So if I had to go by Barry's performance, I'd say he lived up to the title. Afterall, in a 3-on-1 battle between a VC, Captain, and a VC-level Vizard, he didn't lose because he was overpowered. He lost because he was outsmarted and way too arrogant for his own good.
Old 2010-07-27, 21:58   Link #15
Gin
*Artist

Oh crap, we all just saw Ai-chan's shikai, how are we supposed to know whats real now? What if Ai-chan makes us see thing that aren't real?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kookee2k2 View Post
i noticed that too

Maybe that was before the whole betrayal thing? No one knew who Ai-chan and company was in the flashback, yet Hollows magically rescued them in SS.
Old 2010-07-27, 22:21   Link #16
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Was the second best part of this arc, I'm glad they did justice to Barragan with this and the last episode. He was by far the most conceptually interesting and powerful Espada IMO. Looked like a real evil character, not a clown in white suit like many other espadas look like even during release. He could probably take on anyone except Yamamoto in the whole story, everybody else just pales in power, including Aizen. Just cover everything with Respira and it doesn't matter if you're under illusion or not.

Now I'm looking towards the best fight of the manga, it should be close and hopefully won't be separated by filler before its time comes.
Old 2010-07-28, 08:02   Link #17
greyhame6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramarinus View Post
I'm glad they did justice to Barragan with this and the last episode.
voice acting at his time of death was pathetic... there's no emotion whatsoever in his voice.
Unforgivable...Unforgivable...Totally *yawn* Unforgivable

Quote:
He could probably take on anyone except Yamamoto in the whole story, everybody else just pales in power, including Aizen. Just cover everything with Respira and it doesn't matter if you're under illusion or not.
hard to say... maybe boatload of raiatsu can damper its effects

Last edited by greyhame6; 2010-07-28 at 16:41. Reason: removing spoiler
Old 2010-07-28, 08:09   Link #18
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Who's to say reiatsu can't age, when even the kidou it fuels does? Also very much doubt that Barragan himself can be suppressed with mere reiatsu like lesser espadas or lieutenants. I think only Yamamoto could pull off continuously incinerating him over time, overwhelming him a la Soifon's bankai.
Old 2010-07-28, 08:32   Link #19
greyhame6

Quote:
Who's to say reiatsu can't age, when even the kidou it fuels does?
raiatsu "lives" (so to speak) for a moment to begin with. its not a substance like a zanpaktou that would decay over time... it has no age to begin with so increasing/decreasing it pointless. eh... kinda hard to explain w/o doing too deep into common sense & thats one thing that must never be used to explain bleach
Quote:
Also very much doubt that Barragan himself can be suppressed with mere reiatsu like lesser espadas or lieutenants.
never underestimate the strength of brute force... enough of it conquers all. just ask kenpachi
Old 2010-07-28, 08:56   Link #20
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

I see what you mean but, that's still assuming the reiatsu managed to get to him and overpower him, and there were no instances of any primera espada or decent captains being overwhelmed with mere reiatsu so far. Not even by Aizen or Yamamoto.

As for brute force, Kenpachi always fought brute force opponents save for Tousen, which required some wits. Just brute force wouldn't save him from there. And Barragan was only defeated by means of wits, not brute force as well. Vaizards were aware that brute force wouldn't cut it, so it was Hachizen who came to Soifon's aid.
Closed Thread