AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-01-28, 16:51   Link #2401
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon
i don't remember them actually showing her dead body. The closest i've seen is her with a small cut on her head in chapter 117. Sure she seemed weak right then but not necessarily fatally injured
Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
After Gerards resurrection I wouldnt say death is a hurdle here, Though I doubt she appears, but if she did, thatd mean that Natsu or someother dragon played a part in her dying as well, even if it was by forcing elfman to use a fullbody takeover in the first place.

Lisana returning or not seems to be more relative to the plot than the practicality of reviving the dead inn this series, especially after teh appearance of Wendy.
Gerard was comatose, not dead. Wendy can heal someone that's on the brink of death, but she can't revive the dead.

Edras's Lisanna being alive wouldn't require any involvement of dragons or dragon slayers in Earthland Lisanna's death. A different personality Mirajane, and different personality Elfman might easily have passed on the mission that ended up getting Lisanna killed.

As for us not having seen Lisanna's body, that'd be because we haven't gotten a full flashback of what happened, and she's long since been buried/cremated. As for the one panel we did get, yeah she didn't look that bad in it. However we couldn't see all of her, and most the damage was likely internal anyways given Elfman's fight tends towards pummeling rather than clawing.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 17:34   Link #2402
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i don't remember them actually showing her dead body. The closest i've seen is her with a small cut on her head in chapter 117. Sure she seemed weak right then but not necessarily fatally injured
You really have to take into account though that Elfman blames himself for Lisana's death and no one tries to correct him... There's a huge difference between Elfman killing her with his own bare hands, and her getting sucked up in a huge swirling votex in the sky...

First, because they don't know anything about anima, they would not jump to the conclusion that she was dead... they would assume missing/abducted, and probably spend the rest of their lives looking for her... even if they found no trace of her while searching via magic they would still believe that she might be alive do to the fact that no magic is perfect (meaning that something might be preventing the search from working)...

Second of all, while elfman might still blame himself for her getting sucked up like that because he was attacking her at the time, others like Mira would be consoling him and reminding him that it was not his fault, and that outside forces were to blame for her death.... it be less "i killed her", and more like "i didn't save her" kind of thing

Last edited by Slayerx; 2010-01-28 at 18:13.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 23:08   Link #2403
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Gerard was comatose, not dead. Wendy can heal someone that's on the brink of death, but she can't revive the dead.

Edras's Lisanna being alive wouldn't require any involvement of dragons or dragon slayers in Earthland Lisanna's death. A different personality Mirajane, and different personality Elfman might easily have passed on the mission that ended up getting Lisanna killed.

As for us not having seen Lisanna's body, that'd be because we haven't gotten a full flashback of what happened, and she's long since been buried/cremated. As for the one panel we did get, yeah she didn't look that bad in it. However we couldn't see all of her, and most the damage was likely internal anyways given Elfman's fight tends towards pummeling rather than clawing.
Hmm I thought Gerard was dead actually. Oh well though, I am still not putting it past a manga that features magic to revive the dead with a good reason despite whether or not someone in the manga said it cant be done, Regardless, her coming back is more plot related than death related at this point. The author is still in a position to do that without anyone questioning it to much at this point,

As for bizzaro Lisana living or dying in conjunction with normal Lisana, I thought it made sense in a "perfect chaos' kind of way. There is an infinite number of possibilities in everyday life that could cut off, lengthen, and shorten ones lifespan, so in that sense you could still have the same base values for two sides of people and have it cut off at roughly the same time. Though looking at it singularly, what you said could certainly be the case. But an absoliute being like a dragon slayer or dragon having an effect on a single side or a person would explain bizzaro lisana still being alive, assuming she is, which again I doubt.

Though I am still wondering what Natsu and Wendy truly are. They dont seem to be dragons, and they dont seem to be 100% human either. A mix maybe?
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 02:56   Link #2404
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Way too many theories on DS, let's just wait for Mashima to tell us what he thinks.
Quote:
Hmm I thought Gerard was dead actually.
After he placed himself in the magic vortex back at the tower of paradise, someone pulled him out too (I think it was Brain?), and Erza had correctly stated that if Gerard had stood in the middle of the vortex, his body would have been broken down at a molecular level. So, it's not like he was dead, but nobody knew he was alive.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:51   Link #2405
Tiberium Wolf

I am kind disappointed with this reverse personality. We had nirvana reversing good to evil and evil to good. Now we have personality reverse!? Kinda lack of imagination from the author for new stuff.
Old 2010-01-29, 13:31   Link #2406
Kafriel
Senior Guest

To get technical, this is a permanent state unlike during Nirvana, when they could resist the power of light/darkness if their character was solid.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:17   Link #2407
Tiberium Wolf

Yes.... but a switch thing is still a switch thing.
Old 2010-01-29, 19:54   Link #2408
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it appears things aren't as straightforward as we thought. Also, adult, voluptuous Wendi. WTH?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 23:43   Link #2409
Xhokhusmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
OT: Wendy on the 169 cover looks like she sprang out of a doujin, although she looks more dragon-like somehow.
At first I thought it was Riful from Claymore XD

anyways, pigtail Wendy ftw
Xhokhusmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 01:18   Link #2410
Bombo
TSF Fans

CHAPTER OUT AND GUESS WHAT

Spoiler for chapter 170 OMG.!:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 01:19   Link #2411
Somnus
Eh?

Oh wow, I agree with it not being straightforward.

Spoiler for Ch. 170:
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 01:39   Link #2412
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Spoiler for 170:
Old 2010-01-30, 02:23   Link #2413
iceyfw

Spoiler for chp 170:

hmm. ill probably wait until may or june to pick up reading again. but fairy tail did catch my interest again. no more random "OK GAIS WE ARE GOING OFF TO ANOTHER ARC THAT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH DRAGONSLAYERS".
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 02:34   Link #2414
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Spoiler for 170:
totally agree

Spoiler for edras:
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 04:55   Link #2415
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Erza!!! Yeah!! Favorite character. Good or evil lol.

Division captains???? Bleach anyone?
Old 2010-01-30, 05:11   Link #2416
NoLongerSane

Very enjoyable chapter.
Spoiler for 170:
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 05:18   Link #2417
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

lol Yeah Bleach
the Royal city looks like the city from Soul Eater though XD

hmmm if the originals are frozen inside that Lacryma.... then those at the Dark FT guild should be from Edoras

well, why do we not see an Edoras version of Natsu then while we see an Edoras version of Wendy?

Last edited by Frailty; 2010-01-31 at 00:07.
Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 05:41   Link #2418
NoLongerSane

Well, I really enjoy Mashima's character introductions. It's reminiscent of how he would introduce characters from his Groove Adventure Rave manga.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 07:10   Link #2419
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

although just a few chapters into it i feel this arc's already becoming a classic just by massive non-ecchi fanservice through personality-swaps, really looking forward to it

oh btw I guess the "evil king" should be
Spoiler for :
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 09:24   Link #2420
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
well, why do we not see an Edoras version of Natsu then while we see an Edoras version of Wendy?
Where did you see that?

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen