AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 17:23   Link #21
Kokoru Asami
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm seems interesting, i like Xros wars but im slightly dissapointed at the fact that Zenjirou, Akari, Kiriha, and Nene dont seem to be returning...although they might come in later in the series...
Old 2011-09-03, 15:24   Link #22
Rejuvenation
Final Elysium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It's dark in a sense, but it's still milquetoast. Not dark like tamers, nor as deep.
It doesn't have a character going semi-mental and depressed because her Digimon died sure but some of the cruel stunts the death generals pulled in the countries they ruled, digimon dying for real, the fight where Taiki and Yuu were originally forced to kill each other in order to escape Hell's field, and Darkknightmon ripping souls out of digimon and people makes me say that you can't really write Xros Wars off anymore in the dark or deep department. The latter especially since Yuu came to the digital world because he thought he could escape the concept of death. But he realized that he got tricked and that death exists in the digital world too and had he killed Taiki that would have been a real death too. Though he still believes Taiki is dead at the moment. His digimon just died as well.

Tamers and maybe Savers(but that was just a travesty all around) are the only seasons that can compete on that front.
Old 2011-09-03, 15:46   Link #23
Homura7

To me Xros Wars is already above Tamers (which was runied with that terribly stupid thing called D-Ripper)and only below Adventure, but since this will be competely different from 02 because the main character is still the same and because past events from the first half will be further developed in this new part, it may be not long till Xros Wars raises to the first spot.

And if someone has any objections in regards to my statements, well, I don't care at all.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 15:56   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Xros Wars was bad.
On the same level of Pokemon Reburst.

But ReBurst was a doujinshi. Xros Wars is official...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 15:59   Link #25
Homura7

No, it isn't. Xros Wars is a breath of fresh air from the bullshit that was Frontier and the end of Tamers and the utter bullshit of 02. Comparing it with a stupid doujinshi, now that's bullshit.

But as I said, I don't care.
Old 2011-09-03, 16:38   Link #26
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejuvenation View Post
It doesn't have a character going semi-mental and depressed because her Digimon died sure but some of the cruel stunts the death generals pulled in the countries they ruled, digimon dying for real, the fight where Taiki and Yuu were originally forced to kill each other in order to escape Hell's field, and Darkknightmon ripping souls out of digimon and people makes me say that you can't really write Xros Wars off anymore in the dark or deep department. The latter especially since Yuu came to the digital world because he thought he could escape the concept of death. But he realized that he got tricked and that death exists in the digital world too and had he killed Taiki that would have been a real death too. Though he still believes Taiki is dead at the moment. His digimon just died as well.
Yes, dark things happened. I did say xros wars was sorta dark. However, I called it milquetoast because I felt it doesn't have any emotional weight on it. Things happened, but they didn't have any impact. I wouldn't say xros wars is crap, or compare it to doujinshi >.> however it's rather underwhelming. Also, Yuu's whole digimon dying was ruined for me the instant I knew he was going to come back (as you can see from the image for the new season). It started off fresh, then when it went into the death generals arc it became something weird.

This new season looks like a way to remake xros wars with a more traditional digimon format, seeing as originally it was anything but (I mean kiriha and nene aren't present so I can't say for sure but they probably won't be part of the main cast, or excessively active. Why? Probably because signature digimon aren't small digimon partners who can hang out with them.)

Last edited by Kurosu; 2011-09-03 at 16:50.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 17:57   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Yes, dark things happened. I did say xros wars was sorta dark. However, I called it milquetoast because I felt it doesn't have any emotional weight on it. Things happened, but they didn't have any impact. I wouldn't say xros wars is crap, or compare it to doujinshi >.> however it's rather underwhelming. Also, Yuu's whole digimon dying was ruined for me the instant I knew he was going to come back (as you can see from the image for the new season). It started off fresh, then when it went into the death generals arc it became something weird.

This new season looks like a way to remake xros wars with a more traditional digimon format, seeing as originally it was anything but (I mean kiriha and nene aren't present so I can't say for sure but they probably won't be part of the main cast, or excessively active. Why? Probably because signature digimon aren't small digimon partners who can hang out with them.)
Hmm I think it has emotional impact, but that kind of thing really depends on each person. There have been moments where I felt the intensity and the weight. Just sometimes I felt it more than others depending on what characters I cared more about. Strangely the switch in the second half was the opposite for me. Was actually getting more into the story when they got into the death generals arc.

Have to agree with the thinking behind the new partners. Easier to have a gang hanging around with them rather than having Greymon following you around .
Old 2011-09-03, 19:09   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
No, it isn't. Xros Wars is a breath of fresh air from the bullshit that was Frontier and the end of Tamers and the utter bullshit of 02. Comparing it with a stupid doujinshi, now that's bullshit.

Qu-quite believable. (=ω=.; )

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 15:12   Link #29
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Xcorss was ALMOST as bad as Frontier. The only reason it's better then Frointier is because it at least has digimon partners. This pseudo-fusion aspect is bullshit and has allowed for many Deus Ex Fusions and powers pulled right out of their digital asses. It's clread they are trying to get younger viewers into Digimon with this whole getup, but I REALLY hope they fail so they can make something good, like Tamers or Adventrure.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 17:01   Link #30
Homura7

You guys can't appreaciate a good show. Adventure and Tamers is past, viewers like me are tired of having just normal evolutions in the show, so I couln't be more happy when I found out that Xros Wars had fusions.

And besides, I don't want to hear about another show similar to 02 or Tamers, these are bullshit, started good, ended stupidly.

EDIT:

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I can't just stand the way Tamers got ruined.

Last edited by Homura7; 2011-09-04 at 17:41.
Old 2011-09-04, 17:18   Link #31
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly not going to the extremes on this. Certainly wasn't a fan of the fusions and prefer the old evolution. At least the second part has had some evolutions so some people can be satisfied. Personally don't think that alone decides whether it connects to some of the better ones or the bad ones. I mean if we want to talk about powers being pulled out of nowhere look at early Tamers. With those cards they could make the digimon do just about any random thing they wanted. But certainly hope fusions aren't going to become a standard thing.

But really Xross is fine. I wouldn't put it higher than 3rd, but better than what we've seen the last few series.
Old 2011-09-04, 17:54   Link #32
Homura7

^I would, mainly because Tamers for me got ruined with D-Ripper.

And maybe is because I've watched many gundam-like shows, but I like the fusion system.
Old 2011-09-04, 20:58   Link #33
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Honestly not going to the extremes on this. Certainly wasn't a fan of the fusions and prefer the old evolution. At least the second part has had some evolutions so some people can be satisfied. Personally don't think that alone decides whether it connects to some of the better ones or the bad ones. I mean if we want to talk about powers being pulled out of nowhere look at early Tamers. With those cards they could make the digimon do just about any random thing they wanted. But certainly hope fusions aren't going to become a standard thing.

But really Xross is fine. I wouldn't put it higher than 3rd, but better than what we've seen the last few series.
well it is certainly better than data squad if that is what you mean by last series ^^. Maybe I'm an old fan but I would like for the series to incorporated old digi-evolution as well. And lack of Nene involvement in real battle... well I can only wish this season uses all the cast better.

Lol, what is with people hating on Frontier? I quite enjoy it a lot especially since it didnt involve around characters gaining rapid power suddenly but in someway the characters grew stronger through experience and determination. (the good guys lost more battles than they won lol).
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 21:35   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
^I would, mainly because Tamers for me got ruined with D-Ripper.

And maybe is because I've watched many gundam-like shows, but I like the fusion system.
The fusion itself isn't really the issue for me when it comes to keeping Xros from the very top. More like character problems. Characters like Akari and Zenjiro being next to useless for most of their time and then just being tossed aside.

I'm fine with those kinds of combinations, but just with digimon prefer the evolution rather than fusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
well it is certainly better than data squad if that is what you mean by last series ^^. Maybe I'm an old fan but I would like for the series to incorporated old digi-evolution as well. And lack of Nene involvement in real battle... well I can only wish this season uses all the cast better.

Lol, what is with people hating on Frontier? I quite enjoy it a lot especially since it didnt involve around characters gaining rapid power suddenly but in someway the characters grew stronger through experience and determination. (the good guys lost more battles than they won lol).
Well mostly tied the Data Squad in with Frontier. Since the first season is still my favourite, easy to say I'd like a return to that older style. At least Nene is luckier than Akari and Zenjiro who didn't do much and then were just gone. Agree it'll be good if this next season can use everyone in the cast better. Making sure they all have partner digimon is a good step.

I think the main thing about Frontier is that it doesn't feel like digimon. I mean it just becomes another series with the main characters gaining powers and getting stronger. The bond between the human characters and their digimon is important. If it was anything else it might not have been too bad a series (honestly I can barely remember it so can't comment much).
Old 2011-09-04, 21:39   Link #35
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Quote:
You guys can't appreaciate a good show. Adventure and Tamers is past, viewers like me are tired of having just normal evolutions in the show, so I couln't be more happy when I found out that Xros Wars had fusions.

And besides, I don't want to hear about another show similar to 02 or Tamers, these are bullshit, started good, ended stupidly.

EDIT:

Sorry if I sound harsh, but I can't just stand the way Tamers got ruined.
imho 02 didn't start good at all, the ending only made things even sillier.
You seem to be really against tamers' ending so no point in arguing that either.

I myself will agree with you on how xros wars was a decent and fresh show (for me at least) in the beginning. The format was completely different than most other shows. I just really dislike the randomness when it fell into the generals arc... it was just too much of a change to take seriously anymore.
Old 2011-09-05, 06:31   Link #36
Homura7

^I'll agree on that. After entering the Death Generals saga it was rather predictable because everything was about going from one island to the other till the goal. Still, it had some memorable moments, like Deckerdramon's or Beelzebumon's.
Old 2011-09-05, 17:40   Link #37
LAboy 456
Portuguese Anime Fan

Looks and seems so promising... and the seiyuu cast for the new characters makes me... WOW (Yuki Kaida, Teiyu Ichiryusai, Junko Minagawa...) - as well as Taiki, Yuu and the new characters' design (Yuu really got the makeover of a lifetime - Shoutmon looks badass )

Off-Topic: By the way, for me, Digimon Tamers is still the best Digimon series ever, but Digimon Xros Wars comes quite close (my #2) and it seems the new could/might be on the same track or even more. I still don't understand the big love for Digimon Adventure (it has some good episodes, but that's it)

Worse than Adventure, though, is Digimon Savers (the only character that makes it quite watchable is Ikuto with his Digimon friend, Falcomon. The rest of it gives me feet cold - it really turns me off)

Last edited by LAboy 456; 2011-09-06 at 07:45.
LAboy 456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 17:53   Link #38
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't think fusion evolution was ever a problem for me- In fact I actually welcomed it in the first movie, Zero-Two and the Human-Digimon fusion in Tamers. Though by Frontiers I was quite neutral, not exactly put off or excited by the idea of Human-Digimon hybrid.

(I've never watched the last two seasons so I can't comment)

For me what I don't like is if the story becomes kiddish or suger-coat things like the death aspect, plus after awhile the characters all follow the same preset personalities >.> And It'll be nice if evil isn't always so obvious or lack of imagination but that's like asking way too much

In summary what I'm trying to say is this: Just because it's for children, it doesn't mean it has to be childish.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 18:26   Link #39
Yuna Amakura

Quote:

If you really don't care that much, than don't keep discussing and expressing how much series X or Y was bad because of this and that. We already got the picture man lol
Yuna Amakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 12:53   Link #40
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

While I really disagree on the sheer existence of this new season, if it's executed well then I'll be happy.