AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-13, 06:46   Link #101
Kadi
知識の探求者

Let's see. In volume 3...

Spoiler for Vol 3:
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 06:58   Link #102
sunsown

Spoiler for Questions in Volume 3.:
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 09:24   Link #103
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Damn... why do I have to wait for Manga chapter 2 till August? How am I supposed to give this series a try when all I can read are subjective summaries of 2 people where one person is only half-motivated and the other openly shows his dislike of the series... well...
Old 2013-06-13, 09:25   Link #104
Kadi
知識の探求者

Spoiler for Vol 3:

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-20 at 02:48.
Old 2013-06-13, 11:07   Link #105
sunsown

@Kadi Awsome. Thanks for the answers.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 20:35   Link #106
rickiminato

maybe a power up for basara was he release a full armor, increase his heroe power
Old 2013-06-13, 21:57   Link #107
whitecloud

So...it means more oppai...more power...?hahaha
Old 2013-06-14, 01:40   Link #108
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Kadi's earlier assessment is correct. I thought it had potential but eh, it's pretty fucking bad.

This honestly make stuff like Campione! look shakespearen in comparison (not saying Campione! is badly writen but you have to admit, it has a lot of flaws).

It would work so much better if it was DxD like and didn't take things seriously but it does and preceds to fall flat on it's face.

My earlier offer to summerize it still stands but that's only if Xin stops (which he hopefully won't) and if people interest in it continue.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-20 at 02:49.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 01:03   Link #109
ZeKeR
Superbad

... I gotta ask.... does Maria's side job involve giving Basara "them" dreams? she is a succubus and all so I wonder if she actually does it.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:46   Link #110
dragon1412

I already warn you guys a few pages ago, while i don't think this is particularly bad, i think its plain instead. Reason:
- While the series start out ok, it's way too simple so far, if you ignore the H part then it's pretty much the same as other jump shounen manga.
- The MC, Basara could be considered Akatsuki clone, from abilities to weapon, even fighting method
- Extremely simple fight, same as Hagure yuusha, a match of power level competion, zero tactics(ok might be but still no diffirent from zero).
Basically, if you guys haven't know about Hagure Yuusha yet, then it''s above average, if you already know, then it's rather plain.
Both side calm down, Kadi, you should know that most translator on the net are volunteer and unprofessional one, mistake is unavoidable, scratch that, even professional one make mistake, though very rare, so while critismis is perfectly ok, do you have to put it that way, there are many other way you could have express it, same goes for setsuna and xin, i know you feel offended but if both sides keep bending on this it will reach nowhere and hit the bystander who simply want to discuss normally.
P.S : Oreimo, Valvrave and now this too, have i been granted the power of Imagine breaker
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:31   Link #111
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And so we have misunderstanding number two in this thread, and it's practically the same one as before...

the short version: the majority of us here want the summary, but the ones who can provide it (other than Archmage Xin) are basically telling us it's not worth it. To which the rest of us (or at least myself) call Bullshit

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-20, 00:56   Link #112
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
And so we have misunderstanding number two in this thread, and it's practically the same one as before...

the short version: the majority of us here want the summary, but the ones who can provide it (other than Archmage Xin) are basically telling us it's not worth it. To which the rest of us (or at least myself) call Bullshit
If it is not worth it then why did they read it in the first place anyway.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:24   Link #113
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Well, to be fair, such people always existed. I have my favorite hated series as well, I really dislike Infinite Stratos, High School DXD, ID-Fusion Fantasy, Bloody Monday and that series about Butei bodyguards that escape me.

And I am sure there would be people offended by my assertions. Though since so many people had said it is bad, I guess they could be right.
Old 2013-06-20, 13:54   Link #114
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
If it is not worth it then why did they read it in the first place anyway.
You read it, find out it's not that good, then drop it. At least that's what I did, some people here are probably reluctant to drop a book they already committed time to. How are you supposed to know it's not worth it other than reading it and finding out for yourself if you don't have any information about the series? Well, now the thread has some info but not when I first took a glance at it.
Old 2013-06-20, 15:02   Link #115
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I started to view things a bit different lately. If certain things are there that I like and certain other things are missing that I dislike, then I don't even care how bad the "writing" quality is. As long as you can enjoy it, who cares about an "objective quality" anyway? For this series it is hard to tell though... From the content that I got to see from the summary, this actually seems to be a PARODY about almost every single thing/trope that I hate about most Manga/Anime/LN, which makes it quite appealing to me. But it judging something based on summaries alone is impossible. Guess I have to wait for the manga for now.
Old 2013-06-20, 16:13   Link #116
Kadi
知識の探求者

Campione pokes fun at the usual shounen tropes, sometimes outright deconstructing them. This... doesn't. All that molesting and power levels and stuff are serious business here, but not to an (intentionally) comical degree.

And I agree, sometimes it's enough if there are some elements you like while the most annoying ones are missing. In this one's case, the molesting is refreshing, if exaggerated, and Mio has a nice scene once in a while. So I'll probably give the fourth volume of this a try, too, but if Yuki is too much of a cockblock or general annoyance or if I feel hit over the head with Serious Emotions (TM) too much... G'bye, novel, I won't miss you~~

Not that other LNs are necessarily more subtle, but before I let that get in my way and become jaded, I move on to other pastures.
Old 2013-06-21, 09:28   Link #117
dragon1412

I never rate this one bad in the 1st place, the only thing i have problem with is it being too much similar to hagure Yuusha. Other than that, i'm considering the novel is ok to read and the H- scenes is a treat to me.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 09:38   Link #118
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJP1600 View Post
You read it, find out it's not that good, then drop it. At least that's what I did, some people here are probably reluctant to drop a book they already committed time to. How are you supposed to know it's not worth it other than reading it and finding out for yourself if you don't have any information about the series? Well, now the thread has some info but not when I first took a glance at it.
Haha, different ppl, different opinions.

P.S. I love your signature TJP, about being restrained and wanting to be liberated.
Old 2013-07-10, 15:25   Link #119
rickiminato

the chapter 2 are realese
Old 2013-07-10, 17:33   Link #120
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

It been long since i last read a manga in which the main male char is a true badass to begin with .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, true harem