AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-07, 20:03   Link #301
amtro
Distro

No it isn't, you're speaking out of line and with no experience to back your claims.
I've been observing anime sales for over half a decade and I can tell you that you're wrong, what makes an anime sell can also make it go bust.
Contrary to popular belief there is no such thing is a "recipe for success", specially when it comes to anime.
Take a popular anime like Highschool DxD for instance, by all accounts it should've flopped.
LN sales are good, but nowhere near a level where they can justify anime sequels as a means of advertisement like certain others.
Production values in S1 were shite, plot was trite and the nipples were in CG.
Just how the hell did this sell more than Maken-Ki S1 for instance?
No one knows.

Anyways, back on topic. I've read a little of the translated LN and I'm just going to post some speculation here.
Spoiler for :
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:23   Link #302
Direwolf18

OMG YES! I was so depressed about the pics in volume 3 I thought she died!

YES YES YES!
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:36   Link #303
Kioras

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
No it isn't, you're speaking out of line and with no experience to back your claims.
I've been observing anime sales for over half a decade and I can tell you that you're wrong, what makes an anime sell can also make it go bust.
Contrary to popular belief there is no such thing is a "recipe for success", specially when it comes to anime.
Take a popular anime like Highschool DxD for instance, by all accounts it should've flopped.
LN sales are good, but nowhere near a level where they can justify anime sequels as a means of advertisement like certain others.
No one knows.

Anyways, back on topic. I've read a little of the translated LN and I'm just going to post some speculation here.
I think Highschool DxD was helped by a two other things, it is Omni-pandering, there is not many people or otaku who it does not pander too in one way or another and the fact that somehow it picked up a larger female fanbase then it somehow could be expected. (probably due to the fact that despite being a harem series there are other competent, good looking guys who fit in various female strike zones, very few of the series have secondary male characters who have those qualifications.)

I doubt this would be a huge seller if it were an anime, the MC is a little too over the top for Japanese tastes, would be just be lost in the 1-3 harem series that come out every season.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 20:48   Link #304
amtro
Distro

You're further derailing the thread, stop that. I already stated that DxD doesn't do anything new, or particularly interesting that hasn't been done before in some way by better productions, yet those productions have still failed.
Omni pandering? DxD barely scrapes the tip of the iceberg there. Harem with an actual harem plan? Few of those as well. Every incarnation of Tenchi Muyo, bunch of lesser serializations and a few other old school anime come to mind.
DxD's commercial success is a conundrum, you cannot predict what will sell and I'm saying this now to stop you from spouting such nonsense in the future.
It is annoying to read and false.

ANYWAYS, back to the topic. Any thoughts on my speculation further up?
Spoiler for :
Old 2014-03-07, 21:00   Link #305
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
You're further derailing the thread, stop that. I already stated that DxD doesn't do anything new, or particularly interesting that hasn't been done before in some way by better productions, yet those productions have still failed.
Omni pandering? DxD barely scrapes the tip of the iceberg there. Harem with an actual harem plan? Few of those as well. Every incarnation of Tenchi Muyo, bunch of lesser serializations and a few other old school anime come to mind.
DxD's commercial success is a conundrum, you cannot predict what will sell and I'm saying this now to stop you from spouting such nonsense in the future.

Spoiler for :
Interesting, though I think its a bit too early to be starting speculations like those. We don't have much to go on or enough material to have a real good discussion. Basara haven't use it enough and nor do we have an idea of how the technique came to be as well its ceiling.

Maybe once everyone has read to volume 3 then we can, but I don't think we have enough material to go one. It is an interesting topic though, though a bit too early.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 21:05   Link #306
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Thanks to this thread, I discovered this most amazing Manga! Thank you!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 23:36   Link #307
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Spoiler for :
lol, hate rant. Though its worth mentioning those other shows were also super-popular.

As for the speculation, I'm curious about the "too OP for a human" part. Have we had any indication that Heroes have lower tolerance to special powers or even weaker bodies overall? So far the Heroes seem superior to the Devils in all respects.
Old 2014-03-08, 02:10   Link #308
ZeKeR
Superbad

... why do I get this feeling that the teach is something more even if she did reveal her stuff in v4 and possibly is the friend Basara's old man claimed?

as for the unfortunate guy, his mother may be... well... be a being that had control over existence for him to gain the banishing shift. i mean, a banished thing cant ever come back and i dunno if it only renders them ethereal capable of phasing the living crap out of anything.
Old 2014-03-08, 13:33   Link #309
Direwolf18

Checked Amazon japan, volume 5 is out at the end of march. I can not wait!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E6%96%B0%E5...B4%84%E8%80%85
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 10:41   Link #310
ZeKeR
Superbad

AAAANNNNDDD he gets the demoness.

... WHY NOT?!
Old 2014-03-09, 10:44   Link #311
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Where is ImperialFlameGod8190 with that harem list? Demoness is checked out, now what is left?
Old 2014-03-09, 13:20   Link #312
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
No one knows.

Spoiler for :
Well you know you kinda made my point have massive boobs will watch a perfect example to continue my fun is Seikon no Qwaser the show is basically a little kid gaining boobs (issei's long lost cousin) and it was a crappy storyline but because of the boobs it sold big time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Where is ImperialFlameGod8190 with that harem list? Demoness is checked out, now what is left?
Reaper you'll havta give me a second first tell me what we already have
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 13:38   Link #313
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Reaper you'll havta give me a second first tell me what we already have
Well, we have Royalty, little step sister, teenagers, tsundere, Heroine, reserved girl, childhood girl, succubus, loli, nurse, adult, possibly girlfriend's little sister, dark skinned, Demoness, and former enemy.

If I missed something, everyone just add it on.

What is left on the list?
Old 2014-03-09, 13:48   Link #314
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Well, we have Royalty, little step sister, teenagers, tsundere, Heroine, reserved girl, childhood girl, succubus, loli, nurse, adult, possibly girlfriend's little sister, dark skinned, Demoness, and former enemy.

If I missed something, everyone just add it on.

What is left on the list?
I don't know, maybe a trap?
Old 2014-03-09, 13:50   Link #315
ImperialFlameGod8190

Lets see we have hm yandere (how could you forget yandere) we have converted lesbian (like if kuroko fell in love with touma for some reason) since its demons we have exorcist hm cant think of many more haha I love it sounds like ill enjoy this one
Old 2014-03-09, 14:03   Link #316
Breimoon

where is the to aru list?? that was giant!! We could start comparing the two
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 15:10   Link #317
ImperialFlameGod8190

lets not do that Breimoon that would be rather irritating
Old 2014-03-09, 18:27   Link #318
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Well you know you kinda made my point have massive boobs will watch a perfect example to continue my fun is Seikon no Qwaser the show is basically a little kid gaining boobs (issei's long lost cousin) and it was a crappy storyline but because of the boobs it sold big time.
No. Where the heck are you getting that from? SnQ S1 sold decently, but nowhere near 'big time', it sold enough to justify getting an S2 is all. Not a single 10k volume in sight.
S2 on the other hand was a flop.

Spoiler for Sales numbers:

The idea of fanservice anime being instant best sellers is a myth and it is baseless assumption at best.
I can keep quoting shitcanned titty shows for hours to come, but to be honest I just want to put this argument to rest.
Old 2014-03-09, 18:29   Link #319
ImperialFlameGod8190

It got a S2 on boobs alone that's my point amtro
Old 2014-03-09, 20:13   Link #320
Singally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
where is the to aru list?? that was giant!! We could start comparing the two
Spoiler for To Aru list:

Underclassmen - From what I understand Yuki's little sister(the blue haired loli) is a bit younger than them so this is if you count her as an underclassman Hero.

Black gothic - I don't know fashion but I assumed Maria's usual clothes fit the bill.

If the 'boy' in volume 4 is really a crossdresser then that'll fit crossdressing beauty, glasses, blazer uniform and blonde hair.
The chick next to him could fit black hair, though I've got no idea what her role in the story is period.
Singally is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, true harem