Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-03, 18:49   Link #2981
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
why??? even Cornelia blames geass that cause her death.
because he is the geass user and it's was his geass
Old 2008-07-03, 19:03   Link #2982
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Well, you certainly seem to be objective,
Haha, I dunno really; I've stated that I don't like Suzaku nor agree with his way of doing things (though I can see where he is coming from) - but I've still even defended him in some cases even, when people try to argue that he's Evil Incarnate or that his intentions are only pure evil (at worst he's just the Knight Templar type) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
but some of the posts we get in various threads make me wonder whether some people actually "get" both characters ^^; That said of course everyone can like or hate a character for their own reasons~~
Well, of course people are bound to be biased. But it also depends on other thigns, of course - remember, for example, that the Freedom Fighter is more commonly seen as the hero/good guy than the Collaborator.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:33   Link #2983
Sol Falling

Man, stupid school computers. Because of their random ancient crappy tech, I had to have my first post fail because quick reply doesn't work, write it a second time, email it to myself, discover that I could actually post it by using the 'reply' button, discover that the computers are so crappy they can't even display email properly (meaning I couldn't get at what I'd emailed to myself), and thus wait three hours to get back to my laptop at home. Ridiculous. Well whatever, here's something about what you guys were discussing a while back.

Keep in mind that I'm only saying this because I know that it can't even possibly happen, but if Shirley's final words to Lelouch were truly "I...hate...you," then yes, I would find it hilarious and exhilirating. Here's the reason why: it would be like Shirley--finally freed by her death from all the malice, humiliation, and suffering she was made to carry as a 'minor character' in this show--finally decided to turn against everything Code Geass stands for, cursing Lulu/Zero/Lelouch with all her being as she fades from existance. It would be a true denial of the fate which has chained her from her very birth as a character in this story--it would be empowering.

I almost wish it would actually happen. Because, deep in my heart, I can feel it: at this rate, Shirley will not amount to anything. Once we reach the end of her arc, she will be forgotten. By the fans, and more unforgivably, by Lelouch. They will move on, not looking back, leaving Shirley with nothing but some token 5 second flashback at the end of the series. Despicably, she will have failed--in making Lelouch love her; in righting him from the path his feet fell upon; in seeing him at his true potential. All her life's struggles and dreams will be rendered meaningless, lost in the stream of a story. A story of what?

It's just a feeling, of course. A feeling that no one will remember what Shirley stands for. But it's a feeling that, were it to find a basis in reality, would cripple so much of my respect for this show. So with this feeling almost settled within me, it's true: I would laugh and love to see Shirley curse everything along with me.
Old 2008-07-03, 19:41   Link #2984
Eliarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Haha, I dunno really; I've stated that I don't like Suzaku nor agree with his way of doing things (though I can see where he is coming from) - but I've still even defended him in some cases even, when people try to argue that he's Evil Incarnate or that his intentions are only pure evil (at worst he's just the Knight Templar type) .
Disagreeing with his methods but understanding where he comes from, or at the very least trying to, is being objective to me. Everyone is entitled to their opinion I'd call biased those claiming that he's going to kill Nunally, Shirley, Lelouch and Kallen "because he's Evil incarnate".
Old 2008-07-03, 19:44   Link #2985
KrimzonStriker

A bit bitter don't you think Sol?
Old 2008-07-03, 20:23   Link #2986
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Hey, I think most of us can "see where both Suzaku and Lelouch are coming from", as such.
I think you're overestimating this fandom, to be honest.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:44   Link #2987
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm actually still waiting for the equivalent of the Kira-Athrun dukefest in CG.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:50   Link #2988
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I'm actually still waiting for the equivalent of the Kira-Athrun dukefest in CG.
Not happening, for as you know, Lelouch is not good enough of a pilot for that. Even a regular fist-fight wouldn't work. They'll just have to do it like they always have and I don't expect that to really change even after this development
Old 2008-07-03, 20:52   Link #2989
Cipheric
Ciph

Send a message via MSN to Cipheric
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I've taken this thread's virginity

Now, who says Milly will break off her engagement?
Haha, i kinda wonder why shes with him :x?
Old 2008-07-03, 20:52   Link #2990
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Not happening, for as you know, Lelouch is not good enough of a pilot for that
Not in Knightmare Frames. Maybe some sort of other duel. Give Lulu Suzaku's reflexes, and Lulu's Geass to Suzaku. If there is an ultimate Chessmaster, it is possible.
Old 2008-07-03, 20:53   Link #2991
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Not happening, for as you know, Lelouch is not good enough of a pilot for that. Even a regular fist-fight wouldn't work. They'll just have to do it like they always have and I don't expect that to really change even after this development
With Suzaku kicking Lelouch's ass physically until Lelouch pulls some trap to turn things around or until Kallen comes to save his ass?
Old 2008-07-03, 20:53   Link #2992
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Not in Knightmare Frames. Maybe some sort of other duel. Give Lulu Suzaku's reflexes, and Lulu's Geass to Suzaku. If there is an ultimate Chessmaster, it is possible.
Not happening either, there's a limit to how cheesy things can get and this is pushing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
With Suzaku kicking Lelouch's ass physically until Lelouch pulls some trap to turn things around or until Kallen comes to save his ass?
Yup, good times, good times, though now with Kallen in enemy hands I hope for Rolo to take her place in that department
Old 2008-07-03, 20:58   Link #2993
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Yup, good times, good times, though now with Kallen in enemy hands I hope for Rolo to take her place in that department
Kallen is irreplaceable Although Rollo might be an adequate substitute for now.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:02   Link #2994
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Temporarily or permantently? (I'm all for the first - Rolo needs to shine a bit as well - but not the second! )
Old 2008-07-03, 21:09   Link #2995
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Now, I wonder to what extent are Suzaku's abilities supernatural. If removed, will he become Lulu's standard? (unlikely, IMO)
Old 2008-07-03, 21:11   Link #2996
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

I bet Krimzon is secretly hoping for the second and that C.C would take over Kallen's position.

Seriously though, I hope we get to see the Gurren in action again in a few episodes, I miss it already.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:36   Link #2997
Captain Zechs

Who needs Rolo when you have Xingke? Now HE would kick Suzaku's ass.
Old 2008-07-03, 21:36   Link #2998
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

cc or rolo will take over kallen position for good
Old 2008-07-03, 21:38   Link #2999
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
cc or rolo will take over kallen position for good
I expected no other answer from you, just so that you know
You always seem to purposefully go for the most provoking response after alll
Old 2008-07-03, 21:40   Link #3000
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I expected no other answer from you, just so that you know
You always seem to purposefully go for the most provoking response after alll
Heh.

On the issue, I don't think C.C. is entirely on Lulu's side. This green-haired waif is up to something.

Rolo will most likely die, if only from the overuse of his Geass.

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories