AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-03, 16:53   Link #1
OrionConstantine

Smile Hellsing Movie

just found this link through a friend. Looks badass! But not sure why the focus is just on Seras. www.imagenfilms.com/HellsingTrailer.mov

haven't been able to find anything else about this.
Old 2008-04-03, 17:06   Link #2
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionConstantine View Post
Looks badass! But not sure why the focus is just on Seras.
Girl + Vampire + Big Guns = Pure Hotness.

Majority of Hellsing fans are males (I presume), why not have a hot girl run around with a big gun. Possibly trying to imitate the success of Underworld or Resident Evil which both had a female lead.

Can't wait to see Integra.

Girl + Cigar + Male Butler = EPIC!!!

Last edited by kayos; 2008-04-03 at 17:19.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:03   Link #3
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
you don't seem to know what hellsing is :P
seras is not the main character, alucard is XD

here's the ova discussion
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27927

anyway about the link, considering the site it doesn't seem completely real to me, is this an official movie? cause i get the feeling of fan-made, then again this could be their first big production or something like that..
Old 2008-04-03, 18:04   Link #4
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I agree that it's definitely trying to mimic the other titles, especially the shot of her eye near the end of the trailer. Plus Seras' rifle isn't that big. She just has a normal sniper rifle.

Also, those ghouls just don't look like ghouls, especially permanently dead ones.

I hope that those people weren't serious about this.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:08   Link #5
OrionConstantine

Rifle size

the gun looks exactly like the first rifle she uses when she is introduced to the story.

also, I emailed info@imagenfilms.com and haven't heard from them yet.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:09   Link #6
Jiyuu

actually about the sniper rifle it could be the one she had before halcanon :P

this is based on the Hellsing manga for sure, i'm pretty sure selas is only from there in that context so it's either fan-made or official with the consent of hirano kohta..
Old 2008-04-03, 18:12   Link #7
orion

But you're not going to take down a room full of ghouls with a sniper rifle. I could see it if she was in a hallway but not in a room.

That trailer is not on the official website by the way.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:32   Link #8
Jiyuu

she used that rifle to kill plenty of ghouls in the begining.. i think it's after anderson broke it that she was given the new one..

anyway the one thing i don't like about this is the fact alucard isn't there.. other then that it's pure awsome
Old 2008-04-03, 21:13   Link #9
kayos
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
seras is not the main character, alucard is XD
Thank you for stating the obvious Sherlock, you would think I would know something about Hellsing by naming Integra but whatever... Anyway I did a little search and found out that the trailer is just a spec teaser trailer. Here's a comment by someone that actually emailed the director and got a response back.

Quote:
I emailed Imagen and actually got a response from the Director himself. From what I learned:

1. This is not an actual trailer. It's a video to get permission to make a Hellsing movie. They did get it and are making a movie.

2. It will be focusing on Seras's origins, so it should have Alucard.

3. Seras will be wearing military style boots in the movie. The high heels in this clip were a wardrobe mistake.

4. The director seems to value accuracy to the source material, so I have high hopes.
So from what I've read, the movie is in production, not by Imagen but by another production studio. It will be based on Seras initiation into Hellsing Organization, so of course Alucard will be there to initiate her in.

Oh and if you want to know what the director wrote himself here's his comment:

Spoiler for Director's letter:

SOURCE
Old 2008-04-03, 21:44   Link #10
orion

So how come the director's name is not revealed?
Old 2008-04-04, 01:19   Link #11
SneakerPimp

Any questions?
Old 2008-04-04, 03:10   Link #12
Hedd
Random Object

Now the question would be who the cast might be? I could almost see a Johnny Depp Alucard, Integra would be an interesting character to cast too. Hmm. Imagine is a division of Universal and run by Ron Howard, having also paired with Dreamworks in the past apparently the actor selection is pretty broad depending on how big a budget they received.
Old 2008-04-04, 03:19   Link #13
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp View Post

Any questions?
Yes, I'm going to close the thread until someone can supply some actual proof this isn't just an April Fools joke, which seems to be the case at the moment. Please PM me if you have reason to think this thread should be reopened.
Old 2008-04-04, 10:31   Link #14
OrionConstantine

Hellsing movie NOT April Fool's

I emailed the director and got a response. here is a response to someone else's email from another forum. i'm using this response because it's a bit clearer than the one he sent to me..... (by the way here is the new link to the preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl4bJqmY5KQ)

-------

999th email? No more like 699th. Lol. There really is very little I can say about this project. Yes it happening. Yes her Seras’ eyes are blue most of the time. Yes Alucard is absolutely part of this. The story is more of a Seras origin story however, which makes it easier for the audience unfamiliar with Hellsing to be more naturally brought into the world. No high-heels. This was a wardrobe mistake for the trailer. This is not a super-hero film. One of my first conditions was for it NOT to be like a Resident Evil, or similar film. It is a very dark, gritty and grounded project unlike most comic-to-film adaptations out there.

Thanks for your interest and keep your eyes out for official news down the road.

Marty Martin
Director / DP / Editor
www.imagenfilms.com
www.marty-martin.com
Closed Thread