AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 36.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 30.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.78%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-03-06, 21:35   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
In fact in the novel it's Touma himself , who said that Index and Mikoto should go first(cuz he can't stand the two arguing). And there are many lines that was cut off between 10.05 and 10.15 when Kuroko teleport them.

P.S. Mikoto's rail gun can't do anything much with this enemy, since it can infinitely regenerate. Index can deal with it better.
-As expected of the preaching idiot! Removes them both because he can't stand the two arguing. Just take one and Hyouka and the fighting is gone too...

-Too bad that as far as the anime has shown, Index's only skill is "parasite" and a lot more useless than someone who can actually fight.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 22:11   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Now there are two fights left for this arc

[spoiler]
Iya, no one asked you to spoil it in this thread, you know...?

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-03-06, 23:50   Link #23
Tarepandax3

Why is everyone complaining about how Misaka wasn't in the fight? Big deal she's out of one fight for once xD. So far she's been in almost every fight. I get how you guys think the fight scene was weak, but you should be used to that by now since this anime has proved to be extremly slow pace.
[inappropriate comment removed by a moderator]

Last edited by Skyfall; 2009-03-07 at 02:32.
Tarepandax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 07:47   Link #24
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
-As expected of the preaching idiot! Removes them both because he can't stand the two arguing. Just take one and Hyouka and the fighting is gone too...
It is, however, a far more reasonable explanation. Touma is of course being selfish, because regardless of which he chose he'd be burning his hands on the other.

Kuroko's decision then makes more sense too. After all, she only knows Touma as 'they guy who beat Onee-sama' she kind of expects someone who can best a Level 5 to take care of things if he tells her he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarepandax3 View Post
Why is everyone complaining about how Misaka wasn't in the fight? Big deal she's out of one fight for once xD. So far she's been in almost every fight. I get how you guys think the fight scene was weak, but you should be used to that by now since this anime has proved to be extremly slow pace.
Used to it? Most of the fighting scenes had quite a satisfactory pace in my opinion. This was the first fight scene that had me go 'meh.'

Next episode oughta fix that, methinks.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 09:11   Link #25
Bordix

Why is Index acting as if she never seen Mikoto before? I mean she already met her, though that was a clone but still..... (and she didn't even knew that was one). Anyways, an OK episode for me. All I understood from the conversation between Touma and Komoe was, Kazakiri ain't human and she's created by AIM field or something like that. This scene weird for me since Kazakiri was chased by Cromwell and all Touma did was standing there talking to Komoe (at least make him run while on the phone).

*shivers* Kazakiri is freakin me out and who knew she could "tank" like that

edit: Touma can block telepathy? The guy didn't even touch his head wit his IB ~_~
Old 2009-03-07, 11:59   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
edit: Touma can block telepathy? The guy didn't even touch his head wit his IB ~_~
It has already been explained that his Imagine Breaker can destroy all multi-directional or non-directional magical and psychic ability in contact with him.

In other words, he is bloody damn powerful, just that his power does not affect the surroundings but only himself, thus the Level 0 rank.

And lol at Kuroko's yuri jealousy and her way of solving the problem by teleporting the tsunderes out.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 12:09   Link #27
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

There are a myrad of powers that shouldn't have affected him then... I think it's best just to label it a 'strength of plot' thing and move on. It's not like the scene was that significant anyway.
Old 2009-03-07, 12:36   Link #28
ReddyRedWolf

Just watched it.

Index and Mikoto finally meet! They realize that Touma is a rescuing idiot.

Seems Hyoka is the Scientific version of Misha. Another girl whose route is being played by Touma. Flags are imminent.

Here I thought Magic side and Science side had an understanding not to interfere in each other's affairs here we are again the City being invaded. Necessarius having its own terminology for Hyoka. Imaginary Numbers District's key while the Science side calls her ability Counter Stop. I doubt the Magic side will be able to figure out Hyoka. Her being the INDK is just a theory. The magic side don't go through the scientific process as we know.

If I were one of the Science side's higher ups leaning on the morally grey philosophy I'd start taking down magic side agents all over the world as they are a threat to Espers.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 15:08   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
It has already been explained that his Imagine Breaker can destroy all multi-directional or non-directional magical and psychic ability in contact with him.
His Imagine Breaker is stated that it can only negate stuff that contacts his hand. Telepathy into his head should not be able to negated.

Old 2009-03-07, 15:34   Link #30
ReddyRedWolf

Well either that or his brain got so fried that the part of brain which telepathy deals with is damaged.

Though we have to question when Touma had Imagine Breaker. Before he got into the Brain Development Program or after it.

If he got Imagine Breaker from the BDP then it can be argued that despite the ability existing only at the right hand the neurological cause of that ability is because of the brain.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 15:43   Link #31
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

But in that case, Izzard's memory erasing should not have worked either, or even more fundamentally, the Dragon's Breath's killing of his braincells.

It's a bit of a plothole no matter how you look at it. (Multi directional? Lightning is multi directional). Still, all things considered we all know this scene was in here just for the laughs, so they didn't pay as much attention to the plothole. Now if this happens in a major battle, then it becomes a bigger fish. Right now it's better not to take the scene to seriously. It wasn't made to be serious, it was made to make you laugh.
Old 2009-03-07, 15:44   Link #32
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Though we have to question when Touma had Imagine Breaker. Before he got into the Brain Development Program or after it.
He always had Imagine Breaker since his birth. In ep 17, his dad said that eversince he was born bad luck always happen to him and those around him, which lead to people calling Toma "The God of Misfortune" or "A Jinx".

So here's your answer which shows he never got his powers from the program.
Old 2009-03-08, 05:45   Link #33
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Its pretty simple to me, his arm negates outward, his body isnt able tlo negate anything, but since his arm is connected to his body, he is negated, thus any cognitive power (in this case telepathy) penetrating into him is negated as well. Again, since he himself is negated by his arm.

Trust me, it makes sense.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 06:50   Link #34
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

But that would mean that lightning, by virtue of it being a current and thus reaching his arm as long as it reaches him, or Izzard's Ars Magma, which directly affected his brain and made him forget things making it no different from this telepathy case, would have been negated as well.

See the problems when you start to think this over too seriously?
Old 2009-03-08, 07:36   Link #35
sinner0

Then again, no one truly understand the power of Imagine Breaker. How his power work and the reason why he possessed this power still remain unknown.

Who know, his left hand may became Reality Breaker.
sinner0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:40   Link #36
Rava

I thought the only logical explanation for it not working is that Counter Stop might have a passive side effect of shutting down telepathy in a limited area.

Index may have a ton of books shoved in her brain but she still has a brain. (Sort of.) If she can't hear it either then Counter Stop's the only real unknown variable, since we know Imagine Breaker hasn't really blocked anything that was mind-only yet.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:43   Link #37
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner0 View Post
Then again, no one truly understand the power of Imagine Breaker. How his power work and the reason why he possessed this power still remain unknown.

Who know, his left hand may became Reality Breaker.
I also had that idea if he can negate (possibly god) the logical power up would be that he is able to negate anything (bad luck if not in control, You know what I'm thingking) If he could control this power up anything could happen.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 07:55   Link #38
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I think people are seeking logic in areas where none exist. Just sit back and enjoy the title for what it is.

Index should have been the 1 to stay but it goes against the fact that Touma is suppose to protect her. It's sad that we can't see Index fight again.
Old 2009-03-08, 08:38   Link #39
Plant42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
But that would mean that lightning, by virtue of it being a current and thus reaching his arm as long as it reaches him, or Izzard's Ars Magma, which directly affected his brain and made him forget things making it no different from this telepathy case, would have been negated as well.

See the problems when you start to think this over too seriously?

There also an explanation for this too. It's in p.138 of novel vol.6.

It's different from Ars Magna and Dragon Breath which directly affect his brain.
The theory for Telepathy(of that judgement girl) is to create an invincible thread and send the data(in a code form) through it.
It's like playing an invincible thread telephone with each other, and it's seem his right hand affect that thread.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 09:02   Link #40
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Ahh, so it's more like Kuroko's teleportation in that it must affect the entire body to work rather then the brain. That should work.