AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 15:42   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Although the ability to handle the Hayate-style animation is a good sign that the original TWGOK manga style could be kept, without changing to suit the studio. Since I never watched any of the second series of HnG, how well do they handle Nagi and Hayate's constant chibifications (which would only be more prevalent with Keima)? (Well, I don't know if chibification is actually always correct, but some of the exasperation borders on it...)
Old 2010-04-14, 15:51   Link #42
l o o p
Athenafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
how well do they handle Nagi and Hayate's constant chibifications
Here some examples

l o o p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 19:37   Link #43
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Thanks to l o o p for providing the screens, which does show that JCStaff were more or less faithful to the original mangas art and chibifications. Then again, I think that thinking about the artistic design is a bit of putting the cart before the horse here.

Animation studios aren't really a good judge on the quality of the character design, but rather on the overall animation and quality of the work. Both JCStaff & SynergySP (or to be more specific, Osamu Horiuchi & Masahiro Fujii) managed to be faithful to each phase of the manga's artwork (the first anime took the early designs of the character as the base for the anime, while the second one took the updated design's) but that was mainly due to the character designer.

A recent example of why animation studios don't really provide a good base for this sort of speculation would be when Casshern Sins and Chaos;HEAd were airing together. Both animes were produced by Madhouse, and yet one of them had the character look crap while the other looked very stylish (animation aside, because you can tell who had the bigger budget).

The current concern now would be if a good studio with a history of producing above-avg. quality work picks it up, instead of a low end one. Then we can worry about the aesthetics.

You can also read some of the comments on the Hayate OVA thread in that sub form where users compared the changes in the art, its mostly spoiler free.

PS: I hope that actually made sense, because its 1:30 am here and I'm about to turn off.
Old 2010-04-16, 18:46   Link #44
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
A recent example of why animation studios don't really provide a good base for this sort of speculation would be when Casshern Sins and Chaos;HEAd were airing together. Both animes were produced by Madhouse, and yet one of them had the character look crap while the other looked very stylish (animation aside, because you can tell who had the bigger budget).
Well Madhouse (and Bones, I.G, Sunrise and the other heavyweights) is consisted of multiple studios, clearly one of better studio's handled Casshern Sins, while Chaos;HEAd was mostly handled by Koreans. That's why I was a bit afraid when Madhouse grabbed High School of the Dead.. was it going to be good Madhouse or the Korean division of Madhouse.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-17, 00:21   Link #45
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well Madhouse (and Bones, I.G, Sunrise and the other heavyweights) is consisted of multiple studios, clearly one of better studio's handled Casshern Sins, while Chaos;HEAd was mostly handled by Koreans. That's why I was a bit afraid when Madhouse grabbed High School of the Dead.. was it going to be good Madhouse or the Korean division of Madhouse.
Of course, if you've seen the HSotD PV, it looks like your fears were unfounded... ^_^
Old 2010-05-19, 13:05   Link #46
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

ImAKami mentioned in the manga thread that chapter 98 had announced that Watanabe Akio will be the character designer for the anime.

Another clue to which studio will animate this?
Old 2010-05-21, 10:04   Link #47
kyouray
2D > 3D

Glad to see Akio Watanabe as chara-designer since his previous works are sure nice. I hope he'll also direct the animation. Plus it's comforting to have Hideyuki Kurata (Kamichu!) as series composer.

Quote:
監督は高柳滋仁
according to 2ch and this scan, Shigehito Takayanagi (Kanamemo) will direct the series so it would be studio feel which will animate this.
Old 2010-05-23, 09:53   Link #48
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I guess everyone wants FukuJun to play Keima? We need an otaku version of Lelouch! I will kill the sound director/whoeverdecidesontheseiyuu if they didn't pick FukuJun...
This this this this this

Just finished reading the whole chapters and seriously i couldn't think of anyone better for Keima other than Fukuyama Jun...thinking back his role in in CG, Akikan and Inukami, the arrogance, the hentai-ness, the seriousness, and most importantly the manliness voice dealing with girls...there can't be anyone better than Fukuyama Jun. Even when reading the manga i couldn't stop of imagining his voice speaking each word that Keima spout out. He is the perfect candidate for Keima.

GOD CAPTURING MODE = Jun-sama!!

Basically i don't mind who they want to set for Elsee, but for Hakua...i think Yui Horie might fit well...

As for the studio...any studio except BrainBase...i don't think JCStaff will pick this show...but if there's any studio that i like to do this show, that would be HFM, or A-1 Pictures or AIC.
Oh well studio feel isnt that bad anyway...they did well for Da Capo series...so their quality is acceptable.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:41   Link #49
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

What is CG, i don't know...
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 11:42   Link #50
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

In this context, CG = Code Geass

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 14:38   Link #51
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

OK ! What's studio produces KamiNomi : feel or Nomad ?
Old 2010-05-23, 17:12   Link #52
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
This this this this this

Just finished reading the whole chapters and seriously i couldn't think of anyone better for Keima other than Fukuyama Jun...thinking back his role in in CG, Akikan and Inukami, the arrogance, the hentai-ness, the seriousness, and most importantly the manliness voice dealing with girls...there can't be anyone better than Fukuyama Jun. Even when reading the manga i couldn't stop of imagining his voice speaking each word that Keima spout out. He is the perfect candidate for Keima.

GOD CAPTURING MODE = Jun-sama!!

Basically i don't mind who they want to set for Elsee, but for Hakua...i think Yui Horie might fit well...

As for the studio...any studio except BrainBase...i don't think JCStaff will pick this show...but if there's any studio that i like to do this show, that would be HFM, or A-1 Pictures or AIC.
Oh well studio feel isnt that bad anyway...they did well for Da Capo series...so their quality is acceptable.
Whoa, there... Dial it back a little, guy. No need to go crazy. Mamoru Miyano could do just as well if not better (Death the Kidd is about as perfect a test character for Keima as can be made, and MM's portrayal of him was easily the best part of that series). And what's with the Brain's Base haet? Baccano and Durarara are awesome...
Old 2010-05-23, 21:56   Link #53
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I'm not saying Mamoru Miyano is not suitable for godlike character like Keima. Not much anime that i watched that had him as the main CV for the male lead, well maybe Durarara, so my impression of him is nowhere near strong compared to Fukuyama Jun. Fukuyama Jun is so.............and..............and............... ..and..........................and................ ........in short, if there's a male CV that gives me a really deep impression in voicing a godlike character, that has to be Jun-sama.

But.............but.....if say, they will choose female CV to do the voicing for Keima...i...i...my faith in God will shatter completely. I know there are other female CV like Megumi Ogata (Ayato Naoi in Angel Beats) that can still do the voice for Keima...but i just wish for a real male CV to do it.

As for the BB, killing Kure-nai and Akikan is enough reason to make me hate BB. Beside, i don't see any anime style from BB that suits TWGOK well. So might as well let other studios take this anyway.

Also i kinda know it won't be Shaft...but just in case if its Shaft doing this...i will drop this series immediately.
Old 2010-05-24, 02:57   Link #54
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
I'm not saying Mamoru Miyano is not suitable for godlike character like Keima. Not much anime that i watched that had him as the main CV for the male lead, well maybe Durarara, so my impression of him is nowhere near strong compared to Fukuyama Jun. Fukuyama Jun is so.............and..............and............... ..and..........................and................ ........in short, if there's a male CV that gives me a really deep impression in voicing a godlike character, that has to be Jun-sama.
Miyano's Light is godlike... haven't you seen the epic potato chip scene!?

Old 2010-05-25, 23:49   Link #55
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Miyano's Light is godlike... haven't you seen the epic potato chip scene!?

Yep, Light > Zero.

*Runs from rabid CG fangirls...*
Old 2010-05-28, 02:26   Link #56
Ottocycle

And the production studio is... Manglobe!
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 02:36   Link #57
kyouray
2D > 3D

Manglobe ? What a surprise !
Old 2010-05-28, 03:01   Link #58
Westlo
Lets be reality

Oh interesting, production values should be good and will probably be 2 cour.. this should also be their best selling anime.
Old 2010-05-28, 09:15   Link #59
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

The anime is very compared to Hayate the Combat Butler because of...harem and bishounen protagonist !
Old 2010-05-28, 09:17   Link #60
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Manglobe

Hope can see a quality like Samurai Champloo again for this series...

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen