AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-31, 23:00   Link #61
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Ugh, that's why I'll never watch a dubbed version D:
Old 2010-07-31, 23:06   Link #62
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
its not bad, but i do like her voice 10 times more then the AnimaX one. I'm going to watch it just for the heck of it. I mean Luck Star, and Haruhi Suzumiya Dubs where actually good in my opinion. Hopefully they will do the same with K-on! yet again im not THAT picky

LOL
Cristina Vee sings Fuwa Fuwa Time

also Stephanie Sheh, is the English voice of Mikuru in Haruhi Suzumiya

Old 2010-08-01, 02:44   Link #63
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana-tan87 View Post
Really? Those were actually really good, imho. Really got the voice-switching down pat. Admittedly I was giving 'annoying japanese-esque voice' a lot of leeway because, well, it was meant to be an annoying japanese-esque voice.

/edit oh god, when Christina throws to the audience and they're ALL HORRIBLY OUT OF TUNE

I mean that key is near-impossible for male vocal registers but they could at least get it like an octave lower or something...
Old 2010-08-01, 12:40   Link #64
hinakatbklyn

So they officially confirmed (or at least noted) that Christina Vee will be Mio. If she was announced as the singer, I would think she would be the voice for Mio as well. My instincts were right in this case.

Stephanie Sheh on the other hand wasn't my prediction for Yui, but since I'm familiar with her voice... close enough, good choice.
Old 2010-08-03, 23:47   Link #65
Sylvester
Mr. Akiyama

Hikasa Yoko ROCKS!! I love her voice, very powerful~
Old 2010-08-04, 01:31   Link #66
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Hey did they do this on Purpose?? Okay Tsumugi Kotobuki shares the same last name as her Voice Actress, Minako Kotobuki. This is sort of Odd

If only Mugi got her own song in K-on!! this is sang by the band Sphere which include two of the Voice actress from K-on!!
Spoiler for Minako Singing:

So two of the Voice Actress of K-on!! are in a Band called Sphere? (Yui & mugi's voice)
Cover of there album

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2010-08-04 at 01:44.
Old 2010-08-05, 01:10   Link #67
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Stephanie Sheh on the other hand wasn't my prediction for Yui, but since I'm familiar with her voice... close enough, good choice.
Same here, we both actually thought up of Michelle Ruff as a prediction for Yui mainly because she's quite capable of doing a cutesy voice as well as not having a lot of lead character roles. Stephanie Sheh as Yui works out as well for similar reasons.

and very nice casting for Cristina Vee as Mio, considering that Cristina has a nice singing voice and Mio is the lead vocalist for the band.
Old 2010-08-05, 01:15   Link #68
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Same here, we both actually thought up of Michelle Ruff as a prediction for Yui mainly because she's quite capable of doing a cutesy voice as well as not having a lot of lead character roles. Stephanie Sheh as Yui works out as well for similar reasons.

and very nice casting for Cristina Vee as Mio, considering that Cristina has a nice singing voice and Mio is the lead vocalist for the band.
Not really :> they let Yui sing because Mio is too shy...
Old 2010-08-05, 01:32   Link #69
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mio is however not high pitched, so there will be no extra strain to hit those high notes for the actress, while Yui...well Go Go Manic will be interesting to see.
Old 2010-08-05, 01:34   Link #70
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

So my question is will they sing it in English or Japanese? To me more likely in English, just like how Bandai did it with Haruhi/Lucky star.
Old 2010-08-05, 08:47   Link #71
hinakatbklyn

With Yui as the lead singer for the opening, I'm not so sure it will work, but it looks like they are already working on the english ending. Mio (Christina) doesn't need a higher pitch as Yui so I think she should be just fine.
Old 2010-08-06, 22:22   Link #72
Dark Paladin X

Thanks guys for correcting me on the lead vocalist thing. I must have misread at MAL or TV Tropes.

But anyways, this is what I'm guessing what the rest is like:

* Yui Hirasawa- Stephanie Sheh
* Ritsu Tainaka- Kari Wahlgren
* Tsumugi Kotobuki- Wendee Lee
* Mio Akiyama- Cristina Valenzuela
* Azusa Nakano- Laura Bailey
* Ui Hirasawa- Hynden Walch
* Sawako Yamanaka- Kate Higgins
* Nodoka Manabe- Karen Strassman

Not really related: Funny thing is that I had to change some of my dub cast speculation/idea for Saki because I first thought that Michelle Ruff would get a lead role character in K-ON! (Yui). But since the lead role is given to Stephanie Sheh (who also doesn't get a lot of lead roles in anime and video games), I might as well have Michelle Ruff voice the title character of Saki instead (since if anyone looks at Michelle Ruff's resume, she doesn't really get a lot of lead character roles).

Aw well, I really can't think of any better alternatives/guesses for Michelle Ruff for the K-ON! dub.
Old 2010-09-17, 04:33   Link #73
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Just wanted to point out that it's Minako Kotobuki's (Mugi's VA) birthday today.

Happy 19th birthday Minako and I hope you'll have a lot more happy ones to come!
Old 2010-09-18, 03:06   Link #74
Sparvid
*hic*

And she released her solo debut single this week as well.
Old 2010-09-18, 03:31   Link #75
evangeline88
Moe Master

It seems the single is already out ...
I have gotten my hand on it, too ...

Old 2010-09-18, 09:45   Link #76
Fome

After watching the Let's Go live, I'm convinced that Hikasa Youko has what it takes to make it mainstream as a legit artist. She's got a powerful voice and her musicality is made clear in the way she articulates each phrase. The contrast of vocal technique between lighthearted songs like Fudepen Boorupen and the darker, punk songs like Don't Say Lazy highlights her versatility. On top of that add in great stage presence and good looks and she's got a ton of potential to be a star. IMO, she could get further than Hirano Aya if marketed right.
Old 2010-09-19, 07:40   Link #77
Recette

I'm not much of a fan of how Mio's VA does that weird high-pitched thing every ten seconds when she sings though. It's hard to say if it's a bad singing habit of hers or if she's doing it on purpose, she can seem to live without it in Tsubasa wo Kudasai, but the only reason why it's not as noticeable in songs like Don't Say Lazy is because it can hide a lot easier in the background mix.
Old 2010-09-19, 08:03   Link #78
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
I agree that Hikasa does have what it takes to be a legit artist, her voice is wonderful.
In my opinion I believe she does an excellent job at pitch-bending her vocals.
Honestly, something like that is very hard to do and she does it so well.
Most definitely she has the voice to do a variety of genres, her voice is very easy on the ears.
I like her stage presence as well, I felt nice and laid back vibes coming from her.
And not only that but hell yeah she looks great, I totally agree.

The only thing I would dread if she ever becomes a star artist (or more famous/popular in general) is that I hope she doesn't become LIKE Hirano Aya, if you know what I mean.
It seems like Hikasa Yoko has more self-respect PLUS she's too good for something of that nature.
Old 2010-09-19, 08:28   Link #79
Micromonster
Tiny Menace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recette View Post
I'm not much of a fan of how Mio's VA does that weird high-pitched thing every ten seconds when she sings though. It's hard to say if it's a bad singing habit of hers or if she's doing it on purpose, she can seem to live without it in Tsubasa wo Kudasai, but the only reason why it's not as noticeable in songs like Don't Say Lazy is because it can hide a lot easier in the background mix.
Actually, Ritsu's VA does the same thing, but I think it suits both of them. And Mio's VA can be singing without it, like in Triple Booking's Jounetsu no Hana ('tis on youtube) -> Satou Satomi really shines there in my opinion, and the pitch-thing just adds energy to it, while Hikasa doesn't do it that much. I love the result.
Old 2010-09-19, 09:06   Link #80
Recette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromonster View Post
Actually, Ritsu's VA does the same thing, but I think it suits both of them. And Mio's VA can be singing without it, like in Triple Booking's Jounetsu no Hana ('tis on youtube) -> Satou Satomi really shines there in my opinion, and the pitch-thing just adds energy to it, while Hikasa doesn't do it that much. I love the result.
A lot of singers do it, but it's just when she does it, it almost sounds really forced. Not that I hate her singing or anything, it's just a pet peeve of mine. Easily one of the reasons I prefer Mugi's album over Mio's. In the album, Mugi's VA's got a great clean voice.
Closed Thread