AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos - Episode 05 Rating
Perfect 10 24 26.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 20.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 22.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 16.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.12%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-03, 20:23   Link #21
CWW
Lurker

Yeah, the most hilarious part was when Ichika grabbed Charles' hand knowing full well he's a boy, then ran together holding hands. Makes me think he has other priorities if you catch my drift.

Ichika even blushed when Charles complimented him and later said and I quote: "Being together with a boy is so nice."

He's going to be so disappointed when he finds out his chance of a bromance is shattered.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:35   Link #22
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Well at least I wasn't the only one who raised an eyebrow at Ichika holding hands without a second thought.

Should have given him a manly bear hug instead
Old 2011-02-03, 20:35   Link #23
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Yaoi fanservice?.......Nah.
Old 2011-02-03, 20:46   Link #24
Who

Laura +10. Not that the slap's going to shake some sense into Ichika...
Old 2011-02-03, 20:47   Link #25
Xacual

I didn't really think the handholding was a big deal. Ichika didn't have the time to explain why they had to hurry but he knew with another male student that the girls would be swarming soon so he just tried to pull Charles out of there fast.

I liked Pikachu and her spreading a rumor about dating Ichika because of overhearing Houki. My favorite part was probably the beginning with Ichika hanging out at his friend's house and Ran being all angry.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-02-03, 21:12   Link #26
D-Gold
Aurum

Spoiler for ep 5:

Last edited by D-Gold; 2011-02-03 at 21:25.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:26   Link #27
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Laura +10. Not that the slap's going to shake some sense into Ichika...
or stop her inevitable fall into his harem lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Gold View Post
Spoiler for ep 5:
ah the laws of anime physics. If the guy goes down underneath it really means he'll end up on top. chances are she grabbed him and threw herslf underneath so that he wouldn't get hurt. She was shown to have some pretty quick maneuvers.

and lol at her romance fantasy as being Chifuyu's sister in law.
Old 2011-02-03, 21:37   Link #28
triskelion
*Fansubber

No one mentioned Ichika's friend, the only other "real" guy in the anime so-far!

We'll probably never see him after this anyways..
Old 2011-02-03, 22:06   Link #29
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Teacher route is open! Good job Ichika!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-02-03, 22:13   Link #30
karuroso

So...then this ep confirms Ichika seems dense because he actually plays in the other team? even joking there are several scenes that verified this xD on the other hand maybe Charles (not counting Chifuyu of course) has the greatest potential to form a yuri harem if some girls don't get too worked up after dicovering that she's a girl.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:16   Link #31
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

It's official. Ichika's definitely in the "Clueless" class of harem male lead. Which is probably a good thing, since the other option is "Lecherous". Hmmm... stupid or lecherous... I'm not sure which one would be worse, but he's certainly oblivious to the numerous ladies that have the hots for him.

Funny, but cliche.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:36   Link #32
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I still think that having kana hanazawa as Charles is a miscast, should have traded roles with Inoue Marina.
I agree with this, Hanazawa can't do a convincing boy's voice at all.

What is it with this show and English food?
Old 2011-02-03, 23:38   Link #33
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Umm yeah ok typical harem dumbass lead. At least now we know who or what he is. There's enough clues to make Hanazawa Kana's character obvious enough to anyone paying attention. Plus points for the bare midriff though heh.

Anyway looks like the cliche is complete. Now to see where they take it.
Old 2011-02-03, 23:47   Link #34
ZeKeR
Superbad

ALL ABOARD THE YAOI (or it kinda looks like it) TRAIN!!! ichika x charles anyone?

also... ichika has this vibe that can soften even the most hardest of females...

nao... what will be her gun to laura....

i hereby confirm ichika for having the following traits after seeing this:

smooth criminal - lvl. 6 (tho he cant go past through his sister... YET)

lady killer - lvl. EX (yeah, from his childhood friends and a brit rep classmate, the whole school is probably gunning for the guy, and possibly MOAR reps)

adept - lvl. ? (i cant tell yet, but he adapts quite fast...)

chifuyu was win.... she knows... SHE KNOWS!!!! also... i think she DOES know about his thickheadedness

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2011-02-04 at 00:02.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:20   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Lots of typical harem stuff. Not a bad thing itself, but pretty boring.
Reminds me of ToLoveRu (2nd season): Boring and doesn't leave an impression, but it always works to waste some time.

Anyways, protagonist as gross as ever. Glad(...) to see he gets the Dense Syndrome that almost every protagonist gets, as well as being sporadic with his ability to ride that machine of his. Because he's the protagonist. Already has 4 girls around him by episode 5 (and another being his friend's sister, so 5?). Even the great Makoto is impressed.
By the way, that friend of his (Wait, another male...?! HUH?!) is way more handsome than this protagonist. I wish he could switch places.

Love how the developments from recent episode are practically the same as past episodes. Another transfer student?! AND THEN, yet ANOTHER? Wow... Let's pull another 100+ girls from every country and have them all transfer in.
The eyepatch girl... You just know she's going to go dere soon. I'm waiting to at that moment. Wanna bet how many episodes until dere?

PS: Why doesn't anyone suspect the new "guy" to be a guy? Way to feminine. Nothing male about him.
PPS: What the hell was that deer...

Ah, but Nohohon-san spoke and got, like two scenes this episode, so add 2 points to this episode. Yeah.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-02-04, 00:24   Link #36
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Ooook just watched this.

I dunno about you guys but my gaydar was just going off the charts with Ichika. I mean seriously....if they had him end up entering a yaoi relationship I would not be surprised at all.

He's 15 years old so he should be blushing around girls and such and at least have some idea about some flirting things. One of the annoying things I find about these types of protagonists.

ANd Charles.....good grief impossible but that's how the story goes.
Old 2011-02-04, 00:25   Link #37
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

gave it a 6 all of the characters are gathered. Ichika's denseness it over 9000. well at least he's not like other male protagonist ( lecherous , perverted or ill intentioned) i can only hypothesis it must his upbringing ( being the younger brother of Chiyufu, i think in the LN states she's the one who looked after Ichika after their parents left them plus the fact women in IS's world have more prominent roles in society)
Old 2011-02-04, 00:29   Link #38
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Lots of typical harem stuff. Not a bad thing itself, but pretty boring.
Reminds me of ToLoveRu (2nd season): Boring and doesn't leave an impression, but it always works to waste some time.

Anyways, protagonist as gross as ever. Glad(...) to see he gets the Dense Syndrome that almost every protagonist gets, as well as being sporadic with his ability to ride that machine of his. Because he's the protagonist. Already has 4 girls around him by episode 5 (and another being his friend's sister, so 5?). Even the great Makoto is impressed.
By the way, that friend of his (Wait, another male...?! HUH?!) is way more handsome than this protagonist. I wish he could switch places.

Love how the developments from recent episode are practically the same as past episodes. Another transfer student?! AND THEN, yet ANOTHER? Wow... Let's pull another 100+ girls from every country and have them all transfer in.
The eyepatch girl... You just know she's going to go dere soon. I'm waiting to at that moment. Wanna bet how many episodes until dere?

PS: Why doesn't anyone suspect the new "guy" to be a guy? Way to feminine. Nothing male about him.
PPS: What the hell was that deer...

Ah, but Nohohon-san spoke and got, like two scenes this episode, so add 2 points to this episode. Yeah.
next ep, you will probably go OMGWTFBIGHAIRYSURPRISE at the revelations... lololol
Old 2011-02-04, 00:30   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
next ep, you will probably go OMGWTFBIGHAIRYSURPRISE at the revelations... lololol
What? The transfer student (1st one this episode) is actually a guy and gay for the protagonist?
Sure, I'll take that too.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-02-04, 00:51   Link #40
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
What? The transfer student (1st one this episode) is actually a guy and gay for the protagonist?
Sure, I'll take that too.
no... EVEN BETTAH... you'd really go O.o next ep... probably...

the LN's also made me go OMGWTFBIGHAIRYSURPRISE at charles....

who is actually- *mouth is ripped by mod*