AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-09, 23:59   Link #201
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
You know, when I first saw the new spelling of the name, first thing I thought of was Biff Tannin, Mad Dog Tannin, and Griff Tannin. Just this one's not a bully by nature, and it's former Dragon King Tannin. Ah, Irony.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:49   Link #202
fazri
blacksun king

on vol 12 sairog said rias must becarefull with magician.
i relly confuse from what i know i think only someone who same lavel with george and le-fay that someone who can become tread to them and it supposed to be not many right!
Old 2012-06-10, 17:06   Link #203
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazri View Post
on vol 12 sairog said rias must becarefull with magician.
i relly confuse from what i know i think only someone who same lavel with george and le-fay that someone who can become tread to them and it supposed to be not many right!
By becarefull he meant is to be cautious of the Magic Association. Because Rias and her group is viewed as promising uncontracted young devils, Magic Association will set their eyes on the group as target to make pacts/contracts
Old 2012-06-10, 18:07   Link #204
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirX View Post
By becarefull he meant is to be cautious of the Magic Association. Because Rias and her group is viewed as promising uncontracted young devils, Magic Association will set their eyes on the group as target to make pacts/contracts
And does it hinders them in any way whatsoever, or is it both sides benefit symbiosis rather than a parasite existence?
Old 2012-06-11, 00:34   Link #205
NoirX
ぼっち
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
And does it hinders them in any way whatsoever, or is it both sides benefit symbiosis rather than a parasite existence?
For now theres no sure answer of it because of the lack of information and for the pact itself referring to other franchise could mean both ways of the symbiosis and a parasite
Old 2012-06-14, 10:32   Link #206
NeutralZero

Since they've been warned then symbiosis is out... parasitism maybe...
They could either be force to servitude or use them as power supply... etc... etc...
Old 2012-06-14, 11:41   Link #207
XFire
150% done

I don't think it was a "look out, this is bad" type of warning, so much as a "be prepared, this might happen" type of warning.

As for the relationship between mage and devil, I would assume it would be similar to that of devil and client: The devil lends power (either demonic energy or actual physical assistance) and is paid for their trouble. It wouldn't be called a contract if it was totally one-sided.
Old 2012-06-14, 11:42   Link #208
DarkSkiper
Evil Mage

Seeing as it said that many strong devils have pacts or a set price for a pact, I think that it's not all that bad and even maybe a show of status.
But I guess it's more like magicians benefit while they live, but devils benefit when the time to pay up is coming, or if the magician fails to meet the devils expectations then the contract gets torn.
Well it most likely involves summoning the devil and negotiating the price and conditions for summoning the devil.
I get the feeling the warning was aimed to tell Rias that young promising devils with bright futures are better targets to trick, then experienced powerful devils that know how these contracts work.

As for Ise, I can totally see him turn down even the most famous magicians. Only a very pretty witch has a chance to make a contract.
Old 2012-06-14, 17:11   Link #209
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
The news about the fallen-angel organization, the Grigori, Governor-Azazel. Resigning from his post was sent to all the factions. He leaves many meritorious deeds and battle achievements. But the VIP of all the factions passes on the legacy of him instructing the two of, the current Sekiryuutei who shows irregular growth and the current Hakuryuukou who is said to be the strongest in history as his best achievement.
Didn't see him that way .
Old 2012-06-17, 03:05   Link #210
dannclark

can someone explain how the pacts between devils and magicians work? what exactly is a magician in this LN
Old 2012-06-17, 04:02   Link #211
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannclark View Post
can someone explain how the pacts between devils and magicians work? what exactly is a magician in this LN
Spoiler:
Old 2012-06-17, 16:07   Link #212
ccie20012

Spoiler for 12:

Isse - baka, baka Isse-kun, you do not have enough women? I'm remembered the old stupid joke. I have a wife, a mistress and still I masturbate.
Old 2012-06-18, 00:51   Link #213
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ive heard something about ophis ss being released already a while ago anyone know about that?
Old 2012-06-18, 01:42   Link #214
sky black swordman

^ Yes its being translated right now . Its not complete but what is funny.
Its on Akuma's blog. If you want the link , I will put on your profile.
Old 2012-06-22, 16:46   Link #215
neco411

Finaly finished vol 5 of the light novel and the ranking battle at the end was really infuriating...

1. All those restrictions where prety much directed to Rias' group so how the hell can you call that a fair fight. Thats giving a huge handicap for the other group to exploit. Honestly if I was the openent I would refuse to fight with such lopsided conditions... how could you ever feel good about winning with that inequality.

2. The worst offence was Ise being defeated by Saji's ability. The author basicaly had to break the rules of his own universe to make that happen... it was crearly stated that in the fight with the Phenex team that any ability or spell used set by a defeated player would vanish once that person was defeated and forced to leave the playing field... so how the hell did Saji's bility persist past his deafeat? Thats totaly a rip off and a lame way to remove Ise from the match.

Rais needs to put her personality in check with rating games... why the hell would you go and block a deadly ability like mind reading from the game... she's basicaly shooting herself in the foot! Screw the aponents complaints, I'm sure they wouldn't give a care if that ability was on their side.
Old 2012-06-22, 17:15   Link #216
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post
Finaly finished vol 5 of the light novel and the ranking battle at the end was really infuriating...

1. All those restrictions where prety much directed to Rias' group so how the hell can you call that a fair fight. Thats giving a huge handicap for the other group to exploit. Honestly if I was the openent I would refuse to fight with such lopsided conditions... how could you ever feel good about winning with that inequality.

2. The worst offence was Ise being defeated by Saji's ability. The author basicaly had to break the rules of his own universe to make that happen... it was crearly stated that in the fight with the Phenex team that any ability or spell used set by a defeated player would vanish once that person was defeated and forced to leave the playing field... so how the hell did Saji's bility persist past his deafeat? Thats totaly a rip off and a lame way to remove Ise from the match.

Rais needs to put her personality in check with rating games... why the hell would you go and block a deadly ability like mind reading from the game... she's basicaly shooting herself in the foot! Screw the aponents complaints, I'm sure they wouldn't give a care if that ability was on their side.
2. It wouldn't have made much difference by the time Saji was defeated. Even at the moment he was defeated Ise already lost too much of blood. Saji just kept standing up until that moment came.

The problem with the mind reading is that no girl would be willing to face them without it being sealed. You can't do good in ratings games without actually having any opponents to face. Teams with girls would be more willing to forfeit than have to face Ise's ability.
Old 2012-06-22, 18:03   Link #217
neco411

I think thats pushing the drain a bit too much, his loss of blood symptoms didn't start to really show until they found the hunkerd down team in the middle of the mall. That to me shows that the time that Ise took to contemplate Saji's defeat, being comforted by Koneco, then taking the time to find the other team made all the diference in him passing out. Sure he probably would have been weakend but he def would still be of value even if you just consider him just using gift on the others for the rest of the fight.

But these type of plot flaws really urk me and take away from the story as a whole, this could lead to the author violating more of their set rules in future volumes. Most authors keep track of set rules and guidelines on seperate sheets so they don't gorget and violate constraints they have set and mentioned in previous books of the same series.
Old 2012-06-22, 18:29   Link #218
Mars Mode

To be fair is the second time it happens the first one was Ise
Old 2012-06-22, 21:19   Link #219
Nihgthawk

OK I think people are forgetting 2 things.
1. Sacred Gears respond to the users emotions. The stronger the determination and will of the user the stronger the Sacred gear can be used to its full potential. That is why the Absorption Line was still connected even after Saji was KOed, just like a curse. This leads to point 2.
2. Saji's Absorption Line is one of the Vritra gears and Vritra is known as the Cursed Black Flame Dragon that had many techniques and was able to leave powerful curses on this appointment's that were very hard to dispel completely.
An example of this would be in vol 12 during the Grasper and Georg fight when Georg was about to escape Saji used his Sacred Gear to reignite some of Vritra's flames that Georg thought were put out to prevent him from moving.
Now I know this fight happened before Vritra was awakened in Saji but his Absorption Line still contained part of the power of the Black dragon king.
Old 2012-06-22, 22:19   Link #220
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post

1) I used to agree with this, but it turns out that they have to fight in those conditions (do not destroy the surroundings) several times. vol 7 and 9 for example.

2) It's a Dragon King, maybe it overcame the limitations of the system? Or since it was no longer connected to him, or supplied by him, it didn't cancel?

Another possibility is that defeat in Rating Games is supposed to simulate "death". Vritra's powers will continue to work even after his death.

About the mind reading, that was just supposed to be funny. And he uses it in following RG anyway.

Tags
harem, school life, shounen