AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-05-14, 00:10   Link #2281
Tri-ring

For those who are wondering this will probably the cover illustration for the next volume scheduled to be released on June 10th.

Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 05:45   Link #2282
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
For those who are wondering this will probably the cover illustration for the next volume scheduled to be released on June 10th.

Thanks for the info. Looks like the volume covers are now focusing on the other female characters after 12 volume covers of KYH.

Volume 6 chapter 5 is now translated. LOL at KYH changing unknowingly changing in front of Haru at Utai's suggestion. She is a bit of a air head. Maybe this is a part of her true character.
Old 2013-05-14, 07:37   Link #2283
GDB

Looks like Aqua Current (avatar) and Blood Leopard (person)? Interesting.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 13:59   Link #2284
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

I'm always for wet Pard-san.

We also need a bigger version of that picture.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2013-05-15 at 13:52.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-14, 23:10   Link #2285
Birdway
Banned

Hell yes! Pard!!
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 00:39   Link #2286
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Unfortunately, that depends if there are translators out there who are willing to translate those stories.

The thing, as I repeat like a broken recorder over and over again, is that the projects are all dependent on the translators. There is no allocation of translators out there, and even if you talk about speed of translation, you can't compare it to the monster translators like js06 on Index, who basically translates 20 times faster than everyone else. As for SAO...that's kinda my fault.

The harvest is many, but the workers are few. The trend here is that people demand mostly about a series that had been animated/is being animated, and that often goes for translations as well. I can bet with you that there will be some who'll attempt to translate Kizumonogatari if it ever got animated.
I know it depends on if there are translators out there who are willing to translate those stories. I did not need you to tell me that. You seem to be missing my point.

I'm not complaining about the speed of Accel World's translation. I'm saying that while progress on Accel World is slow it is quite an improvement over series that have received no progress, or only sporadic progress in years. All your talk about projects being dependent on translators being willing to translate a series is irrelevant to this statement. It goes without saying that if a series has received no progress in years, no one is working on it. Really your posts to me seem to be aimed at a strawman. No one was talking about speed of individual translators until you spoke up. No one is saying that translators are assigned, or saying anything that assumes that. No one had gone beyond a basic "Wow this project is slow." "Yeah it's not the fastest, but if you think this is bad, check out this series with no progress." That was all that was needed unless the person that complained it was slow came back to ask why Accel World's progress wasn't as fast as other series. Otherwise all these things you're saying to me are irrelevant. They're things I already knew years ago.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-17, 23:02   Link #2287
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I know it depends on if there are translators out there who are willing to translate those stories. I did not need you to tell me that. You seem to be missing my point.

I'm not complaining about the speed of Accel World's translation. I'm saying that while progress on Accel World is slow it is quite an improvement over series that have received no progress, or only sporadic progress in years. All your talk about projects being dependent on translators being willing to translate a series is irrelevant to this statement. It goes without saying that if a series has received no progress in years, no one is working on it. Really your posts to me seem to be aimed at a strawman. No one was talking about speed of individual translators until you spoke up. No one is saying that translators are assigned, or saying anything that assumes that. No one had gone beyond a basic "Wow this project is slow." "Yeah it's not the fastest, but if you think this is bad, check out this series with no progress." That was all that was needed unless the person that complained it was slow came back to ask why Accel World's progress wasn't as fast as other series. Otherwise all these things you're saying to me are irrelevant. They're things I already knew years ago.
No issues about that, it's more of a general message I just felt I had to give. In fact, I'm extremely grateful that you mention it now. Unfortunately, not all get the message

And Tusjecht (and anyone else who needs help), I can take over for Accel World translations until you guys feel that you can take over. I don't want to establish myself fully as an AW translator for now because it will be unfair to the IS fans when I promised to translate vol 8 in August (since I can finish that volume in...less than a week), and my main priority is still Unicorn, but I did choose AW in that poll last August. If I can whittle down my main projects to Hikaru and Biblia, I'll certainly take this as a side project too.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 08:49   Link #2288
Mentar
Banned

Are we 100% sure that this is Pard? It does look like her, but...

I'm still waiting for the first illustrations of White Cosmos, and the background looks a bit white to me ... wishful thinking, I guess.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 11:28   Link #2289
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Are we 100% sure that this is Pard? It does look like her, but...

I'm still waiting for the first illustrations of White Cosmos, and the background looks a bit white to me ... wishful thinking, I guess.
I'm pretty sure it is, seeing as appearance wise there aren't many other options. Assuming it's accurate, this bit of trivia from the wikia answers the question of why Aqua Current and Pard would be on the cover together:

"In the BD 8 Volume, it is revealed that Aqua Current and Blood Leopard are Parent and Child as well as real life cousins."

At a glance, the Japanese wiki article seems to support that claim.

So since Pard and Aqua Current are related, and IIRC rescuing AQ from eternal kill is on the agenda for this novel, it makes sense that they'd be featured on the cover together.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 06:20   Link #2290
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Hey guys. ( : Today is my bookout day~

I am shagged, but surprisingly less than I thought. I still had time to get on once every few nights to surf Bakaforums, but Animesuki is blocked, so I couldn't post in camp. Not to worry, because from next week onwards, I'll bring my phone into camp, that'll solve everything. (;

Ooh, didn't know Teh_Ping is still around here. I can't speak for the rest of the translators (unless you've talked to them already), but I myself am going surprisingly good for V11.3. I've read about half the chapter, it seems pretty easy to translate. After I clear my forums and fanfiction tonight, I'll start translating. Tonight, even. ( :

Krono, I sympathise with you too, before I got around to translating, I was rather impatient at the slow pace of translation. But once I realised I was proficient enough in Chinese to read smoothly, I then decided to channel my energy into translating. I too want to translate it fast enough for everyone to read, but you too know we have lives too. I'm doing AW entirely out of passion now, and at this point I can't think of a reason why else.

[/deep thought]

I'll get off and move to BakaForums, Fanfiction, and V11.3.

To the NSF translators, Kaixax555 and Superior Superboy: Let's have a PM chat or something! I'd like to know if we can all meet up or something. ( :
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 16:17   Link #2291
Miraluka
Banned

Vol.14 Synopsis

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 16:18   Link #2292
judasmartel
*Author

So they're finally going to bust Current out of EK mode this time?
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 17:20   Link #2293
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Trying my best with my knowledge of chinese:
Spoiler for V14 Sypnosis:

I need to check with Tap on this or something, that's the best I can do without typing out each character and checking my new dictionary.

Edit: Drain, not Terrain.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-05-24 at 03:06.
Old 2013-05-23, 22:21   Link #2294
Miraluka
Banned

Is Aqua unzipping Pard's suit?

My guess is to tease Haru.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 22:33   Link #2295
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Mother of...you made me do a double-take and realise it's possible!

KYH is probably jealous as $hit at dat...that volume.
Old 2013-05-24, 01:09   Link #2296
judasmartel
*Author

Spoiler for Crazy Theory:

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-05-24 at 01:27.
Old 2013-05-24, 03:08   Link #2297
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for Response:
Old 2013-05-24, 04:52   Link #2298
judasmartel
*Author

Then that's pretty painful. Can it be reversed with Citron Call, or its IS version (if any)?
Old 2013-05-24, 07:54   Link #2299
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for Speculation:
Old 2013-05-24, 07:59   Link #2300
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Spoiler for Crazy Theory:
Spoiler for Response to speculation: