Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-09, 23:37   Link #841
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I've seen several young girls shooting sporting clays and if you closed their shotgun and stood it next to them, it was half a foot taller than them.

But they did have a little trouble holding the weapon steady for any extended period of time.

It was great to see girls taking the sport up.
seriously.... the proportions dont match..... lawl....

i cant imagine alice firing the crossbow... SHAT
Old 2010-07-10, 07:52   Link #842
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I don't think Alice should be doing any of the "killing" anyway.

She's supposed to represent the remaining "innocence" of the group.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 10:12   Link #843
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I don't think Alice should be doing any of the "killing" anyway.

She's supposed to represent the remaining "innocence" of the group.
THANK YOU. but all of the zombie slaying is gonna take a toll on her sooner or later.
Old 2010-07-10, 10:20   Link #844
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

inb4 Alice grows up into a girl who smiles as she nonchalantly slays zombies in the most gruesome ways possible...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 10:35   Link #845
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
inb4 Alice grows up into a girl who smiles as she nonchalantly slays zombies in the most gruesome ways possible...

and she's smiling while holding a bloody bat in her bloodstained clothes
Old 2010-07-10, 12:34   Link #846
konart

No news about new chapter yet?
Old 2010-07-10, 16:38   Link #847
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I haven't seen any but apparently it's out in Japan. Apparently.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:01   Link #848
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Crossbow would be useless in CQC, true, but it could still be used in lieu of a sniper rifle. I'm not sure about reload times on modern crossbows as I've never fired one, but shouldn't it be much faster than "back in the good old days"?

Giving Alice a weapon would have some serious moral implications for the manga ^_^;;;

Considering how archery play an important role as a club activity in Japan, I'm actually surprised that none of the main cast had this kind of background setting. But I guess that's okay since they're all a bunch of gun-wielding maniacs now.
Wrong. Any weapon that has a longer barrel than three quarters of your arm to your wrist is BAD in CQC. A crossbow is around the length of a carbine, so it has no problems in bringing to bear and pulling the trigger.

I doubt loading a modern crossbow would be anywhere far from chambering another round into a bolt-action rifle : crossbows have an automated function to keep the firing mechanism in place upon pulling the cocking handle back, unlike bolt-action weapons where you have to pull, hold, push and set down the charging handle PROPERLY to prevent the bolt group from denting the next round. Operated both a real L96A1 and crossbow before, and I would say a crossbow is easier to use and bring to bear.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 17:10   Link #849
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I haven't seen any but apparently it's out in Japan. Apparently.
Yeah, I've read translators post on his forum that he's waiting for his copy of the magazine. I guess we'll have to wait for a week or two
Old 2010-07-10, 18:03   Link #850
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Wrong. Any weapon that has a longer barrel than three quarters of your arm to your wrist is BAD in CQC. A crossbow is around the length of a carbine, so it has no problems in bringing to bear and pulling the trigger.
No matter how fast you reload it today, the rate of fire is not gonna approach nearly that of a side-arm or automatic rifle. It's not about just the first shot. We're talking about CQC against multiple enemies here.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 18:09   Link #851
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Always keep a melee weapon
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 21:56   Link #852
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Always keep a melee weapon
+1 people are always quick to pick a gun. Fact remains you only ever has so much ammo eventually you will run out in situations where you are overwhelmed. Keeping a melee weapon allows you to be diverse in you killing method and take care of those pesky enemies that get in to close. Id rather save my ammo and kill with a melee weapon if an enemy closes within a certain range and save my ammo where for where it can do the most damage.
Old 2010-07-10, 22:28   Link #853
dfens

Unless attracting more of them is going to be a problem you never rely on a melee weapon to dispatch a zombie unless it's all you have.

A gun is the most effective weapon for a reason, it allows you to kill a zombie at a distance, multiple targets at the same time, and effectively making it so when a bullet hits home to the brain it puts them down instantly.

With say a baseball bat you hit them in the head, what if the strike is not hard enough do you have time to hit them again before more jump you? Or what if their is so many that you can't swing your melee weapon because you let them get too close.

I wouldn't want to be close enough that zombie blood and guts could infect me or worse they can grab and bite where it's a struggle of strength vs a creature that feels nothing and never gives up. Remember never get close to them if possible.

A melee weapon should be used as a last resort, silent kill, or if your reloading and their on top of you.

I always keep a couple of cases of ammo per caliber on hand for a SHTF situation. So remember stock up and you'll be fine.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:42   Link #854
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
I always keep a couple of cases of ammo per caliber on hand for a SHTF situation. So remember stock up and you'll be fine.
Are you expecting a zombie invasion anytime soon?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:44   Link #855
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I'm like dfns, I've got at least two cases of loaded ammunition (two hundred rounds per case) for each weapon I own.

I also have the means to reload at least two thousand .308 Winchester rounds for my Steyr Elite as long as I retain the empty brass before I run out of projectiles. I've also got a half shipper of FMJBT projectiles that I'd only use if I ran out of the hunting projectiles.

Not that I am foreseeing a Zombie Apocalypse any time soon but you can never be too prepared.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 22:45   Link #856
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You people obviously need to take some tips from MGS: Snake Eater.

@Saintess

Is the L96A1 the standard issue sniper rifle for the Singapore military? The original model of the Arctic Warfare of Counter-strike fame?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-10, 23:46   Link #857
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
No matter how fast you reload it today, the rate of fire is not gonna approach nearly that of a side-arm or automatic rifle. It's not about just the first shot. We're talking about CQC against multiple enemies here.
Erm barrel length is not an issue for reloading. It is an issue for bringing to bear at close quarters. When it comes to CQBs, it is about enemies between 25m to point blank range. Logic states that you get some distance between those assholes so you can aim and shoot, and point blank ranges are rare unless you don't check corners and ceilings before you enter a room.

There is more than one way to use a rifle. Even without a bayonet, there is something known as rifle-fighting technique. And it isn't limited to rifle butting. Slamming the muzzle into the forehead, for one thing, is a good technique to destabilise your opponent, provided he/she isn't smart enough to dodge.

And yes, keep extra ammo. When all else fails, the bayonet. I don't know what is the hype about shotguns other than it spraying bloodborne viruses onto your face, but I guess it is a staple in zombie media if you are immune.

Quote:
I'm like dfns, I've got at least two cases of loaded ammunition (two hundred rounds per case) for each weapon I own.

I also have the means to reload at least two thousand .308 Winchester rounds for my Steyr Elite as long as I retain the empty brass before I run out of projectiles. I've also got a half shipper of FMJBT projectiles that I'd only use if I ran out of the hunting projectiles.

Not that I am foreseeing a Zombie Apocalypse any time soon but you can never be too prepared.
What? No .44 magnums?

I kid, but I doubt I want a weapon like that in a zombie apocalypse with them swarming around me. Not even with speed-loaders.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-11, 00:55   Link #858
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What? No .44 magnums?

I kid, but I doubt I want a weapon like that in a zombie apocalypse with them swarming around me. Not even with speed-loaders.
I've actually got a .44 Magnum. But it's a Marlin 1894C Drop Lever Carbine, not a revolver. I only have one case of ammunition for though since I don't use it too often.

It'd be a handy back up for Zombies though...

Also I just finished reading Chapters 23, 24 and 25. I hadn't read them at this stage since I was waiting for the next HQ release.

I see why everyone' eagerly awaiting the next chapter...

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 01:04   Link #859
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I've actually got a .44 Magnum. But it's a Marlin 1894C Drop Lever Carbine, not a revolver. I only have one case of ammunition for though since I don't use it too often.

It'd be a handy back up for Zombies though...
Funnel them through the door and cut them down? In a zombie apocalypse, I guess you don't have to be scared about who's behind your target when you shoot penetrating rounds like the .44.

Honestly speaking, over here there anyone else other than the police and military owning firearms is illegal. If there is a zombie breakout I'd have to tie a kitchen knife to a mop and stab my way out, or until I capture a rifle to use.

Fortunately I live near a petrol station so I can make as many molotovs as I want to.

Quote:
Also I just finished reading Chapters 23, 24 and 25. I hadn't read them at this stage since I was waiting for the next HQ release.

I see why everyone' eagerly awaiting the next chapter...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2010-07-11, 02:49   Link #860
dfens

Here state side a case of pistol cartridges is 1000 rounds. Long guns like a assault rifle or shotgun depending on caliber is about 250-500 rounds per case.

With ammo prices being the highest ever today, plus 2 wars going on over seas eating up all production, people hording, and demand/production at it's max you have to buy in bulk because tomorrow or months down the road their is non to be had on the shelf to buy. And the price seems to be going up every other day/month.

I usually keep so much on hand for you never know, plus the fact I don't want to have to spend time and a small fortune to replenish it. The rest I use at the range to practice and plink. But I never dip into my SHTF reserve.

Right now if I had to use every round I had, that would mean I could take out several thousands of zombies.

Never ever seen it this bad when you go into a gun store and they limit how many boxes you can buy like 4-6 no matter the round count in them when you tell them you'll buy it all and have the cash to do so. And forget buying a case in store they flat out refuse on the more popular calibers.

.44 magnum that's a expensive caliber and not too many people buy guns that use it.

I stock up on 9mm, 45 acp, 00 buck shot and slugs, and 5.56 or .223

The shotgun works because it's easier to blow the whole head apart, in one shot making it easier to destroy the brain. If you miss the head at least you can knock them on the arse for a second to buy some time. In most movies etc, you see a perfect headshot on the move to the brain from a amateur when you know it's a face/head shot but no a direct shot to the brain. Or it skirts along the skull and misses the brain. So some nice 00 buck shot will make up for the lack of skill or aiming in most cases.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies