AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-16, 06:48   Link #14101
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, at least you manage to bait one crappy translator from starting that series though XD, and, IS do actually have a decent plot. I really think the progression was fine up until vol 6. Now if only the author decide to use all those foreshadowing he already do on the novel so far instead of resetting the progress in favor of harem comedy and new girl into the harem. I was practically pissed off how they decide to reset the story progression on vol 7 and make all the cast act as if nothing happened for the past 6 volume at all and enjoy their school life(of course not to mention the formulaic story progression)

Anyway, back on topic. With the way Gunha introduced, I still wonder when Kamachi will introduce him into the main story. It feels a waste of a wacky yet cool character to not introduce him to the main story at all.
Old 2011-09-16, 06:49   Link #14102
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Someone remind me why I started that project again?

Because the IS-fans worship you more than your fellow Indexites as we have an even greater deity in our cabal

But it's time to cut your losses damnit! Abandon IS and focus all of your attention on to BakaTest already

Okay, to be fair, I've never read the IS Light Novel so it's not right for me to criticize it as who knows? Maybe I'm missing something....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Anyway, back on topic. With the way Gunha introduced, I still wonder when Kamachi will introduce him into the main story. It feels a waste of a wacky yet cool character to not introduce him to the main story at all.
I'm not sure how he would fit Gunha into the story at this point, it's better to start both him and Misaki out in the Railgun manga... Not alot of restrictions there...
Old 2011-09-16, 06:58   Link #14103
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Heck, Gunha can have his own spin-off with Haratani as his sidekick and you'll get a Beelzebub like comedy. I won't mind that.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:09   Link #14104
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Because the IS-fans worship you more than your fellow Indexites as we have an even greater deity in our cabal

But it's time to cut your losses damnit! Abandon IS and focus all of your attention on to BakaTest already

Okay, to be fair, I've never read the IS Light Novel so it's not right for me to criticize it as who knows? Maybe I'm missing something....
Teh_Ping bro is a big hero in tamniverse that brought forth the world of tamni to progression and even bring new age but his age of osiris is already the pass aeon just like Joay the origin of all. The first and the greatest hero who start translating tamni out of the blue. The aeon of Isis. And now we just entered the aeon of Horus which is Js06 who rivals kamachi.exe.

Agree. Teh_ping bro we need more baka-test

And nope, your not missing anything even if your not reading it

His only been mentioned in the SS being a rare pokemon he is. I wonder what's he doing right now. Well just like his teacher said. He probably helping someone out their. And if I will be making comparison I think Gunha is more like Emiya than Touma to Emiya.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:30   Link #14105
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Way ahead of you.
Old 2011-09-16, 07:59   Link #14106
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Teh_Ping bro is a big hero in tamniverse that brought forth the world of tamni to progression and even bring new age but his age of osiris is already the pass aeon just like Joay the origin of all. The first and the greatest hero who start translating tamni out of the blue. The aeon of Isis. And now we just entered the aeon of Horus which is Js06 who rivals kamachi.exe.

And nope, your not missing anything even if your not reading it

His only been mentioned in the SS being a rare pokemon he is. I wonder what's he doing right now. Well just like his teacher said. He probably helping someone out their. And if I will be making comparison I think Gunha is more like Emiya than Touma to Emiya.
Well, he's more like showing his guts rather then helping people out. He's really Oga with indescribable power, just like Ping said
Old 2011-09-16, 09:16   Link #14107
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Nah, Gunha's spin off story should be about him fighting only the good guys of Toaru while misunderstanding the situation
Old 2011-09-16, 11:08   Link #14108
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666
and the Monogatari series too, now that we are at this
Old 2011-09-16, 11:13   Link #14109
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Nah, Gunha's spin off story should be about him fighting only the good guys of Toaru while misunderstanding the situation
Wouldn't it have been funny if Gunha suddenly barged into the Experiment and think, "This white-haired guy is bullying these girls...!"

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-16, 11:13   Link #14110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
and the Monogatari series too, now that we are at this
Teh_Ping probably wouldn't touch the monogatari series, the level of difficulty for that story is unprecedented.
Old 2011-09-16, 11:16   Link #14111
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Maybe once I'm more confident, because that needs more than JLPT1. (Planning to kidnap another translator of this series) I just barely scrapped through Shana...
Old 2011-09-16, 12:09   Link #14112
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Teh_Ping probably wouldn't touch the monogatari series, the level of difficulty for that story is unprecedented.
the hell, no choice then, I'll go for the Kaka-test ... good comedy novels from time to time wouldn't hurt
er ... speaking of comedy, is boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai that good ?
Old 2011-09-16, 12:13   Link #14113
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Maybe once I'm more confident, because that needs more than JLPT1. (Planning to kidnap another translator of this series) I just barely scrapped through Shana...
huh Teh_ping ... err... sorry, I barely recognized you with the Himeji avatar ... er ...
well please do well with Baka-test, thank you very much
Old 2011-09-16, 12:23   Link #14114
mark1246

Quote:
Someone remind me why I started that project again?

@Lare, when are you going to remove that Freedom ava?
I think it was a year ago, that i was one of the few people who actually supported you doing the Index series after Shana was gone, and we chat and chat about life (thnk for those tips by the way, and you decided to do it which made you a freaking legend to us

So thanks Teh_Ping for everything

PS: I really have to change my Avatar, been like this since i join animesuki last year !!!
Old 2011-09-16, 12:31   Link #14115
tsunade666

mark I think Teh_ping bro is wondering why he even bothered doing IS and not about Index.
Old 2011-09-16, 12:54   Link #14116
Miraluka
Banned

I want to see the talk between these two.

Can't wait.
Old 2011-09-16, 13:02   Link #14117
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Haha Teh_ping should make what he like just ignore IS haha and make Baka-Test more since i also like that series...

About Gunha..maybe he will appear if Ollerus came out..haha..really odd maybe there are reason for Gunha and Ollerus meet..in SS
Old 2011-09-16, 13:10   Link #14118
mark1246

Quote:
mark I think Teh_ping bro is wondering why he even bothered doing IS and not about Index.
.................................................. .OH CRAP, this is what happen when you miss 3 days of forum talk, you get left behind!!!!
Old 2011-09-16, 17:49   Link #14119
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

Hey, I actually like IS, so I'm glad that Teh Ping is translating that. Keep up the great work, my friend.

Quote:
I'm not sure how he would fit Gunha into the story at this point, it's better to start both him and Misaki out in the Railgun manga... Not alot of restrictions there...
Yes, for some reason I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of Gunha in NT, considering his run in with Ollerus.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-09-16, 19:24   Link #14120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
er ... speaking of comedy, is boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai that good ?
Alot of the guys here absolutely love it, but for me... After the initial set up and character introduction, I guess it doesn't really do much to wow me, but it's poise to become the next big Light Novel Adaptation along side the likes of Index, OreImo, Durarara, Monogatari and Haruhi.

Quote:
Dakara... They worship him like a fertility God over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
.................................................. .OH CRAP, this is what happen when you miss 3 days of forum talk, you get left behind!!!!
But We've just started this... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Hey, I actually like IS, so I'm glad that Teh Ping is translating that. Keep up the great work, my friend.
You're right, it's not fair for me to criticize.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen