AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-10-07, 22:50   Link #161
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
Niiice headphones! Is it really worth it to have an expensive pair?

I'm pretty stoked about checking out my local comic shop. I got Mushishi Vol. 2, 3, and 6 for standard price. Pretty excited, 6 is supposed to be super rare.

hm... i am not an "audiophile" or whatever they are called. to me, the $10 sony sounds louder and but the bose is a bit lower (like a TAD bit not a lot) but does provide more bass. overall i think they're alright. buy and try 'em from bestbuy, if you dont like return!!

edit; also the "stay hear" head phones are pretty neat. the only gripe i have (this may not apply to you) but i like headphones that feel all snug at tight. this one is like "barely" there but it stays in your ear, if that makes any sense lol.

Last edited by yeahitschris; 2011-10-07 at 23:26.
yeahitschris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-07, 23:39   Link #162
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Niiice headphones! Is it really worth it to have an expensive pair?

I'm pretty stoked about checking out my local comic shop. I got Mushishi Vol. 2, 3, and 6 for standard price. Pretty excited, 6 is supposed to be super rare.
Aw man, the only 2 places I ever visited for manga in the past have closed shop. I have to rely on websites now. I mean this is actually craploads cheaper (especially at rightstuf) but I just miss the whole feel of going out to buy the latest volume of King of Hell.
Old 2011-10-08, 14:11   Link #163
Puddingman

Quote:
hm... i am not an "audiophile" or whatever they are called. to me, the $10 sony sounds louder and but the bose is a bit lower (like a TAD bit not a lot) but does provide more bass. overall i think they're alright. buy and try 'em from bestbuy, if you dont like return!!

edit; also the "stay hear" head phones are pretty neat. the only gripe i have (this may not apply to you) but i like headphones that feel all snug at tight. this one is like "barely" there but it stays in your ear, if that makes any sense lol.
Yea I tend to notice a lower bass in some of them too, but that's about it :P. Some people swear by expensive head phones but I don't get it.

Haha, snug head phones are a must! I hate when I'm walking and they fall out cause they aren't in there enough. Also, I tend to check out the cord length to see if it's gonna give me enough room, having the music player in my pants pocket and the headphones up to my ears.

Quote:
Aw man, the only 2 places I ever visited for manga in the past have closed shop. I have to rely on websites now. I mean this is actually craploads cheaper (especially at rightstuf) but I just miss the whole feel of going out to buy the latest volume of King of Hell.
I'm sorry to hear that. I've heard a lot of manga shops have closed sorta recently. I know there are a few good ones in Philly, and NY is supposed to be good too. But cheaper is always better too!

I don't think posting this website would be against the rules. It's a website that lists places to buy manga/anime on (mostly, I think) the east coast. Maybe it'll be some use for you.

http://www.blueshinra.com/misc/shopping.shtml
Old 2011-10-09, 00:34   Link #164
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Don't buy Bose. Seriously, buying Bose is like buying Apple. You're paying 75% for the brand name and 25% for the actual product. Those IE2 sound worse than a cheap pair of Skullcandies.

If you want good headphone sound for the money, look at brands like Audio-Technica, AKG, beyerdynamic, Grado, Ultimate Ears, Shure and Etymotic Research.
Old 2011-10-09, 00:56   Link #165
Alchemist007
*Author

I would also recommend Sennheiser, got a nice pair myself not too long ago.
Old 2011-10-09, 03:56   Link #166
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I bought a pair of AKG-K701s and can definitely vouch for their reliability and sound quality. Wanted K702s but there were none in stock in the store I always go to.

Anyways, recent purchase would be Disgaea 3 and 4. The guy at the store actually memorized my voice when I called in and gave me the one copy of Disgaea 4 they just received me. That was pretty awesome of him.
Old 2011-10-09, 06:53   Link #167
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I would also recommend Sennheiser, got a nice pair myself not too long ago.
Make that too. As cheap as you want them to be and always with nice sound quality (and in latter years they seem to be made from adamatium or something cause they've been virtually unbreakable for me).
Old 2011-10-09, 12:42   Link #168
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

My last "purchase" was actually a renegotiation of my Xbox LIVE payments... and as a result I now have an overdrawn bank account. *sigh*
Old 2011-10-09, 12:57   Link #169
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I bought a pair of AKG-K701s and can definitely vouch for their reliability and sound quality. Wanted K702s but there were none in stock in the store I always go to.
hope you got an amp to go with them!

last thing i bought: $30 of groceries

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 13:35   Link #170
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
My last "purchase" was actually a renegotiation of my Xbox LIVE payments... and as a result I now have an overdrawn bank account. *sigh*
I've said it before and I'll say it again- try not link bank accounts/cards to your account! If you purchase in-store cards for use as you go, then you have control over when you want to use money and when you don't.

Sorry to hear about the overdrawn account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
hope you got an amp to go with them!
Of course! These things sound magnificent, but you also have to give them about 200-250 hours for them to break in and work at optimal levels.
Old 2011-10-09, 13:45   Link #171
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was my brother who did it, and it was simply an accident. He had meant to pay with his credit card, but the last payment option used was my debit card, as I owed him two Fallout DLCs... and my debit account didn't have enough money so its overdrawn, which caused it to default to my brother's debit card, and now he's overdrawn too.
Old 2011-10-09, 21:53   Link #172
yeahitschris

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Don't buy Bose. Seriously, buying Bose is like buying Apple. You're paying 75% for the brand name and 25% for the actual product. Those IE2 sound worse than a cheap pair of Skullcandies.

If you want good headphone sound for the money, look at brands like Audio-Technica, AKG, beyerdynamic, Grado, Ultimate Ears, Shure and Etymotic Research.
should of posted in here what i was going to buy to get ya'll opinions. i like 'em tho hah
Old 2011-10-09, 22:10   Link #173
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Popular Woodworking Simply Built Furniture 26 project hazza time to build some stuff
Old 2011-10-09, 23:02   Link #174
Alchemist007
*Author

I can only recommend what I've tried and the HD448s are doing well by me. I recommend ebay simply because I got them at 70% off Amazon.com price. You could go higher depending on your budget. I suggest looking up the reviews on Amazon's listings: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...k%3Asennheiser

Generally speaking, the higher the HD#, the better they are but REALLY read the reviews. From then, I suggest looking them up from a reputable seller on ebay like I did.
Old 2011-10-21, 20:59   Link #175
yeahitschris

Pre-ordered:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-21, 22:21   Link #176
Puddingman

^

Hey hey that looks nice. I can't wait till I get a job so I can upgrade from my SNES and PS1

I recently bought the Mushishi Omnibus.
Old 2011-10-22, 00:33   Link #177
ProfileOF
Dame Ningen

Eiyuu Densetsu - Zero no Kiseki [PC]
ProfileOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 23:35   Link #178
yeahitschris

Quote:
^

Hey hey that looks nice. I can't wait till I get a job so I can upgrade from my SNES and PS1

I recently bought the Mushishi Omnibus.
So sad though, I pre-ordered it at my local gamestop. Afterwards I come home and check slickdeals, they having a $20 pre-order bonus .

Just picked up a cabinet for my clothes. I normally put my junk on TOP of the cabinet, but since this one was a tall one and the top shelf was not being occupied, I decieded to put my junk in there and when you open it up, this is what you see:

Gundam Wing Ver Ka. 1/100 MG
Miniature: Luffy, Chopper, Greymon
Munny of Venom my friend painted for me
Mighty Mugg of Iron Man.

Old 2011-10-22, 23:47   Link #179
Haladflire65
*Artist

Pre-ordered this (but for PC)

Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-23, 13:12   Link #180
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

Samsung Galaxy S II

finally got a new phone after 3 years of using a V3. so different.