AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-05-11, 05:07   Link #4561
Kafriel
Senior Guest

They just started, sooo...people speculate this arc will last a couple of months.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:00   Link #4562
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I don't suggest skipping these fillers just because they're fillers. They're might be a 'test' on them latter on.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:00   Link #4563
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
Does anyone here know when the fillers will finally end?

I want canon/manga based episodes...
Very, very, very, very, VERY funny you should ask, now of all times.

Because you know what?

Hiro Mashima seems to have acknowledged that this anime filler arc as canon in the latest chapter of the manga.

You can clearly see the mountain range shown at the end of the 11th opening sequence in the current chapter, but only for a single panel. It would appear to be related to a certain something I am reluctant to bring up in this forum for the sake of potential spoilers. You know how I am with that... But it seems partially related.

In other words, Hiro Mashima is at least partially behind the story of the filler, so keep watching.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:07   Link #4564
sergel02

lol my advice after this chapter, is to watch the anime in order to avoid canon spoilers. Rofl, that's a new thing to say.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 10:24   Link #4565
immblueversion

Also, according to the Mangastream translation, it seems that the current anime arc is having "enthusiastic reception" in Japan. I don't know if people liking it relates to how many people are watching it, but...it's good to know that it's being liked. :3

Old 2012-05-11, 12:35   Link #4566
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Very, very, very, very, VERY funny you should ask, now of all times.

Because you know what?

Hiro Mashima seems to have acknowledged that this anime filler arc as canon in the latest chapter of the manga.

You can clearly see the mountain range shown at the end of the 11th opening sequence in the current chapter, but only for a single panel. It would appear to be related to a certain something I am reluctant to bring up in this forum for the sake of potential spoilers. You know how I am with that... But it seems partially related.

In other words, Hiro Mashima is at least partially behind the story of the filler, so keep watching.
I'm not watching this new arc until it ends. I'd go crazy having to wait each week for only one new episode.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 12:41   Link #4567
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddler Naruto View Post
I'm not watching this new arc until it ends. I'd go crazy having to wait each week for only one new episode.
Just like how you'd go crazy waiting each week for only one new chapter?

Old 2012-05-11, 12:57   Link #4568
sergel02

lol i was thinking about waiting to watch the anime in one or two giant sessions, but not anymore. It's great it's getting a great response tho. This is a good filler arc so far. I don't know why authors/writers for shows, believe that a filler doesn't have to be good. Heck, some fo Bleach's filler arcs i enjoyed more. They just had A LOT of fillers lol
Old 2012-05-11, 13:08   Link #4569
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Quote:
Just like how you'd go crazy waiting each week for only one new chapter?
I don't follow the Japanese releases, I wait for the american manga books with the official english translations.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 21:46   Link #4570
sergel02

Gonna write up more later, but...

Holy Crap this episode was good. It ended way too soon, and I wanted a lot more.
Old 2012-05-11, 21:52   Link #4571
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 130:
Old 2012-05-11, 22:01   Link #4572
immblueversion

Episode 130.

Good god, this episode.

The action was awesome. The comedy was awesome. The Earthland versions of the Edolas villains were awesome.

This. Episode. Was. AWESOME!

Except Hughes' (or should I say, Mary Hughes :P) voice. It was...woah.

If Hiro really is making this canon, I'm glad it's this.

Oh, and you may now recognize the guy who played Byro as the voice of Master Jose of Phantom. The same guy played him from Edolas, but now people can clearly hear the resemblance.

Next week, it looks like we'll be seeing Gildarts again. And the action looks like it'll still be continuing. So now people can stop asking where he's been.

Old 2012-05-11, 22:49   Link #4573
sergel02

Quote:
Episode 130.

Good god, this episode.

The action was awesome. The comedy was awesome. The Earthland versions of the Edolas villains were awesome.

This. Episode. Was. AWESOME!

Except Hughes' (or should I say, Mary Hughes :P) voice. It was...woah.

If Hiro really is making this canon, I'm glad it's this.

Oh, and you may now recognize the guy who played Byro as the voice of Master Jose of Phantom. The same guy played him from Edolas, but now people can clearly hear the resemblance.

Next week, it looks like we'll be seeing Gildarts again. And the action looks like it'll still be continuing. So now people can stop asking where he's been.
i'm so happy someone else thinks this too

I was talking somewhere else with people, and they were wondering about that thing revealed in the manga today, and i told them it's probably in the anime arc. And they said they aren't watching the arc since it's filler.
*sigh* their loss. This episode i think goes up there with one of my TOP 10 favorite FT episodes ever.

Gosh i gotta admit, Earthland Coco is super cool with those powers. I love how her powers aren't super flashy or powerful, they're just cool.

I shook a little when Kinana threw that stone at Mary. She looked so scared but she wanted to help. I know that feeling. I hope she gets her powers soon.

And rofl, so many Lucys hahaha

Seeing everyone fight together (and against each other) was awesome. The combat mixed so well with the comedy in this.

No Gray, Juvia,Cana, or Erza. or Master or Gajeel. Hope they come in later. I feel like Gray can freeze Sugarboys sutff.

If the arc keeps up like this, i may end up hoping it goes on for a while. Especially if it explains stuff in the manga.

Gonna go re-watch it.

BTW, Anyone know the name of the song that played around the 6:00 minute mark, when Coco was beating up fighting Macao? I know it's been played a lot but i can't remember the name, so if anyone has an idea please help

Last edited by sergel02; 2012-05-11 at 23:50.
Old 2012-05-12, 01:39   Link #4574
xKeir
Upon a wishing Star

''Hand Lucy Heartfillia over!''
''This is my first time witnessing a marriage proposal ...''

Happy = Most epic troll cat ever.
Old 2012-05-12, 02:27   Link #4575
sergel02

BTW the name of the next 3 episodes are

131. Legion's Fierceness

132. Key of the Starry Sky

133. Traveling Companions

It'll be pretty long if this arc ends up being around 20 episodes like someone said to me before (they thought it might me). 20 episodes is around the length of the oracion Seis and Edolas arcs.
Old 2012-05-12, 02:30   Link #4576
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKeir View Post
''Hand Lucy Heartfillia over!''
''This is my first time witnessing a marriage proposal ...''

Happy = Most epic troll cat ever.
Double funny since Happy wasn't around to see the proposal from episode 125 firsthand.

Old 2012-05-12, 05:10   Link #4577
sergel02

BTW we have yet to see Lyon, even though he was in the preview. I think this may mean the GrayxJuviaxLyon triangle will be explored more.
Old 2012-05-12, 06:15   Link #4578
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Coming up next week: Byro vs Gildartz!
Quote:
I feel like Gray can freeze Sugarboys sutff.
I think Natsu will burn it up from the inside. Gotta admit this is very good quality for a filler arc, looking forward to next week's SPICY episode
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 10:01   Link #4579
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Natsu made a big deal about how his flame could destroy anything during his fight with Gajeel. So he just needs to get pump enough to turn up his flame. Although it might be a bit more interesting to eventually have Gray defeat Sugar Boy, since he beat the one in Earthland.

The action and comedy mix was good. Villains came across as a bit too OP, considering how they beat a large percentage of the guild easily. I know they have to establish them as a threat, but...

Anyway, Gildartz vs. Byro, eh? Interesting that they brought him back for this, considering his almost OP nature. Considering Gildartz's character type, I don't see him losing, but I can't see a win this early in the arc, either. Possibly a draw.

And Lucy finally uses her spirits next episode as well; kept expecting her to pull them out and was wondering what she was waiting for, though using them would identify her as the real Lucy. I almost wonder if she fell on purpose, planning to use spirits to save them while simultaneously getting away from Mary.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 11:53   Link #4580
ookamigirl

Looks like a case of mistaken identity turned out into a fight really quick.
Guess Edolas & Earthland have the same faces, just different personalities.
The fight was really interesting and fun to watch.
Who's the real Lucy? game was pretty funny ^^
Guess it all had something to do whit that mysterious clock piece...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen