AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-19, 10:08   Link #401
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At this point, who knows? It might be possible, it might be impossible. There’s simply not enough info yet to give directions to our speculation regarding the relationship between Izuru and Theoria. We only know that Izuru somewhat recognize/remember her, so there’s a high chance that they already met each other in the past or the memory was planted in his mind somehow. Also, since we know that Izuru’s body is a bit abnormal (what the doctor said in episode 3), there’s some wild speculations that he’s somehow related to the Wulgaru race.
I'm actually thinking of this.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 10:33   Link #402
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

there's also that bit about simon's son as part of the fail 5. maybe it was izuru, i can't remember.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 10:36   Link #403
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
there's also that bit about simon's son as part of the fail 5. maybe it was izuru, i can't remember.
That was actually Triple R's speculation, which I found interesting too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
One bit of pure speculation - I have a hunch that Simon (guy with the visor) is actually the father of one of the Team Rabbits members. I could see that being a pretty neat/dramatic reveal later on.
Old 2013-05-19, 11:21   Link #404
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I figured he might be the father of Asagi since they sort of have the same coloured hair.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 16:49   Link #405
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
At this point, who knows? It might be possible, it might be impossible. There’s simply not enough info yet to give directions to our speculation regarding the relationship between Izuru and Theoria. We only know that Izuru somewhat recognize/remember her, so there’s a high chance that they already met each other in the past or the memory was planted in his mind somehow. Also, since we know that Izuru’s body is a bit abnormal (what the doctor said in episode 3), there’s some wild speculations that he’s somehow related to the Wulgaru race.
My personal thoughts are that prior to the memory wipe the 2 of them met and it was probably what drove her to help the humans and Izuru to become a hero and join the school even though his memories would be erased.
Old 2013-05-19, 17:23   Link #406
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I would not be surprised if:
  1. Cmdr. Simon is Izuru's father or older brother.
  2. That Cmdr. Simon is Wulgaru.
  3. That Izuru is also Wulguru which is why he will probably be able to rival Jiart and why he's so spaced out all the time.
  4. That Theoria knows Izuru because he IS Wulgaru.
  5. Cmdr. Simon is Asagi's father instead of Izuru's and he's the one who is Wulgaru.

I think it's expected that Izuru and Theoria are going to be the key to closing the gap between the two species. Yet, if both of them are Wulgaru I don't think the Earth is going to listen. Though I have to say that of the two groups I'd say that the Earth is the more stupid and clueless of the two sides. The Wulgaru are doing as their culture dictates. The Earth Forces are actually going against common sense over and over with idiot commanders in charge.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-19, 21:05   Link #407
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I think it's expected that Izuru and Theoria are going to be the key to closing the gap between the two species. Yet, if both of them are Wulgaru I don't think the Earth is going to listen. Though I have to say that of the two groups I'd say that the Earth is the more stupid and clueless of the two sides. The Wulgaru are doing as their culture dictates. The Earth Forces are actually going against common sense over and over with idiot commanders in charge.
What is there to listen. Wulgur culture glorifies murder and subjugation of sentients cause some prophesy says so.

If anything it is the Wulgur that botch up first contact shooting first. As they view other races as prey.

Theoria escaped the Wulgur because Jiart is lusting after her. She is likely helping the humans to change her people.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 02:28   Link #408
LostSome

Is it possible that the space project was about creating human-wulgur hybrids ?
Of course, some Wulgurs had to come to Earth before the invasion.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 07:59   Link #409
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You guys are making me want to meet the rationally-collected Wulguru of the Mirror Universe... which coincidentally is the United Federation of Planets.
Old 2013-05-20, 10:23   Link #410
ReddyRedWolf

Anybody else caught that Rin said the JURIA system awakens instincts and it focuses on Kei?

Could be it be Kei's nesting instinct is focusing on Izuru? The instinct to create a family?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-22, 18:51   Link #411
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I would not be surprised if:
  1. Cmdr. Simon is Izuru's father or older brother.
  2. That Cmdr. Simon is Wulgaru.
  3. That Izuru is also Wulguru which is why he will probably be able to rival Jiart and why he's so spaced out all the time.
  4. That Theoria knows Izuru because he IS Wulgaru.
  5. Cmdr. Simon is Asagi's father instead of Izuru's and he's the one who is Wulgaru.

It would be kind of interesting/funny if Theoria is Izuru's mom and Simon his dad.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:26   Link #412
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Surprised to see this: Megahouse Variable Action Red Five, toy, no price or release date yet.
Source: 電擊HOBBY July
Spoiler for image size:
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 08:45   Link #413
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

First half:

Spoiler:

Second half:

Spoiler:

Next ep:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-05-23 at 10:55. Reason: No longer certain now...
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 09:16   Link #414
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Thanx for the review, Ren.

Spoiler for response to review:
Old 2013-05-23, 09:28   Link #415
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

--- EDIT: scratch that, now I'm really having doubts as to what I've seen, due to streamer quality (stutter and lag). I'm no longer sure about whether it was
Spoiler:

-- EDIT bis:
Spoiler:

EDIT ter: I've completely misunderstood the scene, it seems.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-05-23 at 11:21.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 11:50   Link #416
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm actually thinking of this.
Spoiler for Ep. 8:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:06   Link #417
hai_san

MMmmh what to do with this ep? Fighting was okay but there was hardly any drama or suspense...

There were only 2 interesting points in this ep

1. Asagi can get it down if he is made leader, seem he performs better if he is depend on or is the "lead"?
2. Alien Prince recognize Izuru? or for the first time saw a "human" and is surprised?
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 12:11   Link #418
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Well, Asagi IS the eldest of them all so he isn't exactly a hopeless tactician. The HUGE problem is the the team's ability to actually work as a team and CONTINUE to do so for the duration of the entire battle. Just look at how Tamaki kept cutting their lines of fire... *sigh*

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-23, 12:55   Link #419
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well I just watched the new episode. Why couldn't we have an episode like this sooner? This battle was awesome as hell and it allowed the main five to fully demonstrate all of their weapons (save Purple 2.... Does it even have weapons?). I have to admit the intelligence displayed on both sides made it very interesting, to think I thought this series was the least good of the three mecha series airing right now.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-23, 13:23   Link #420
larethian

Komine, when will you die?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction