AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-01, 11:24   Link #141
Monster0

How could Minato gain the 9tails cloak? Until Kishi explains here are some guesses.

1.His eternal battle within the death god.This is a good guess but it's supposed to be a eternal battle with no victory.I imagine there might still be a way to obtain it during the fight without actually beating the 9 tails.And would the Ying chakra be a physical manifestation?

2. Could Kushina pass on beast chakra similar to the way Naruto is right now.If she ever passed some beast Chakra to Minato maybe he learned how to utilize it then.

3.Maybe when he arrived on the battle field the chakra cloak was activated just by being close to Naruto.Minato may know automatically how to use it because it is Ying chakra with different mental type powers,maybe.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 12:21   Link #142
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
3. yes madara mopped the floor with the 5 kages, but what about the 5 HOkages!! show him that will of fire is real son!
well, it's going to probably just be hashirama who will give madara a run for his money, but with his upgrades, edo-madara should be able to win. plus it makes for a better story thematic wise for the next generation to win instead of hashirama. so it'll most likely end up being sasuke and naruto who do him in. oh and sakura of course...

Quote:
4. if sasuke is not good for real, im calling flame sword/itachi dream sword to hashiramas back. the exact scene when he "killed' madara
no need. hashirama is already dead. sasuke could just tell orochimaru to undo the edo-tensei if he wanted. but i dont see why he would want to. hashirama and sasuke are cool with each other. that was the point of their conversation.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:51   Link #143
Casshern

Can Hashirama be unsummoned now? I thought he's the same as Madara, after he freed himself from ET.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 14:36   Link #144
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

No, Madara was unsummoned and then summoned himself back to the world whereas Hashirama is simply too powerful to be controlled by Edo-Tensei.
Although considering Madara has Shodai's DNA and god-like power as well and the fact that Hashirama probably also knows the handseals for Edo-Tensei they are presumably both uncontrollable and impossible to dismiss if they so wish.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 15:40   Link #145
Essenar
Fallen Angel

Send a message via AIM to Essenar
While it was pretty funny seeing Madara dismiss Hashirama and go "I'll wait for the real one". That was quite an interesting statement. Is he implying that Hashirama will be brought back from the dead, in REAL form?
Essenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 18:06   Link #146
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essenar View Post
While it was pretty funny seeing Madara dismiss Hashirama and go "I'll wait for the real one". That was quite an interesting statement. Is he implying that Hashirama will be brought back from the dead, in REAL form?
Madara wants to fight against the real Hashirama, who's currently busy restraining the Jyuubi, and not just a wood clone.
Old 2013-06-01, 18:17   Link #147
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No, Madara was unsummoned and then summoned himself back to the world whereas Hashirama is simply too powerful to be controlled by Edo-Tensei.
Although considering Madara has Shodai's DNA and god-like power as well and the fact that Hashirama probably also knows the handseals for Edo-Tensei they are presumably both uncontrollable and impossible to dismiss if they so wish.
oh right. i forgot hashirama can break out of edo tensei if he wanted. also, tobirama could presumably do the same thing as madara and summon himself back since he obviously knows the tech as well having invented it. and it's also possible for hiruzen to do the same if he learned the tech from watching orochimaru do it. i guess it's safe to say that all 4 of the hokages can't be unsummoned by orochimaru since they could tell minato what to do as well and he's so fast he would learn it in time
Old 2013-06-01, 23:42   Link #148
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
oh right. i forgot hashirama can break out of edo tensei if he wanted. also, tobirama could presumably do the same thing as madara and summon himself back since he obviously knows the tech as well having invented it. and it's also possible for hiruzen to do the same if he learned the tech from watching orochimaru do it. i guess it's safe to say that all 4 of the hokages can't be unsummoned by orochimaru since they could tell minato what to do as well and he's so fast he would learn it in time
No... i think Orochimaru can control the other 3.
Tobirama wanted to leave and then Orochimaru made sure they couldn't... where he noticed he had no control over Hashirama.
Old 2013-06-02, 03:49   Link #149
kangawallafox

Kiba: I'm the one that's gonna be hokage! ... Dude, are you guys listening to me?
Shino: Kiba, no-one's listening to you...You just look pitiful right now

Ouch! burn Funny as
kangawallafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 07:31   Link #150
Cookie-Monster

I really don't understand why Kishi would paint himself into a corner like this.

Theres a huge fight coming up. Why would he purposely insert Sakura into a seemingly major role in the fight? It might make for some cheesy "yeah team 7!" moment, but having her actively involved will have ramifications - Namely he will have to limit the fight around her, or pull even more extravagant out of thin air powers for her which would make zero sense considering her non-role in any fights so far during the war.

Hmmm ... Madara, Juubi, naruto, sasuke, hashirama, tobirama, yondaime, Sarutobi and ... sakura. How is it going to be even remotely believable that Sakura is of any use in such a fight ?

Unless she is going to be sacrificed as a plot progressor with her getting injured/dead , I do not see how her involvement will do anything but make the upcoming fight full of eye-rolling moments as we see contrived maneuverings on Kishi's part as he attempts to include her into the fight. We already saw this right off the bat with the Juubi goofily splitting into mini-parts just so we can see her punch one of them.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 07:41   Link #151
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why would he purposely insert Sakura into a seemingly major role in the fight?
Duh. Because she is one of the major (main) characters.

Remember Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's, and she still haven't released yet. When she does she will become even more powerful, maybe even gain a few new abilities to. So don't count her just yet.
Old 2013-06-02, 09:36   Link #152
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Sakura's seal is not the same as Tsunades. Sakura's called Byakugou.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Remember Sakura's seal is different from Tsunade's,
huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I really don't understand why Kishi would paint himself into a corner like this.
Theres a huge fight coming up. Why would he purposely insert Sakura into a seemingly major role in the fight? It might make for some cheesy "yeah team 7!" moment, but having her actively involved will have ramifications - Namely he will have to limit the fight around her, or pull even more extravagant out of thin air powers for her which would make zero sense considering her non-role in any fights so far during the war.
it wouldnt be out of thin air

Quote:
Hmmm ... Madara, Juubi, naruto, sasuke, hashirama, tobirama, yondaime, Sarutobi and ... sakura. How is it going to be even remotely believable that Sakura is of any use in such a fight ?
as useful as tsunade was in the fight against madara. cant be fatally wounded (for some time at least), monster strength, continually healing her comrades(team 7). kishi isnt going to have to force a thing

Quote:
We already saw this right off the bat with the Juubi goofily splitting into mini-parts just so we can see her punch one of them.
first, it was a decent play by the juubi since all ten tails plus its head is pinned down. its obviously protecting something, likely that cocoon thing on its back. but we'll see after hashirama maestros this concerted attack...

second. shine on sakura, shine on...
Old 2013-06-02, 09:48   Link #153
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
huh?
I was mistaken the names were reversed. Tsunades seal is called Byakugou, while Sakuras is called Hyakugo. So it must mean they are different somehow.
Old 2013-06-02, 11:07   Link #154
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
huh?

it wouldnt be out of thin air

as useful as tsunade was in the fight against madara. cant be fatally wounded (for some time at least), monster strength

second. shine on sakura, shine on...
You can't be serious .... The unkillable Tsunade your talking about is lying half dead with all the other kages after losing a 4v1 fight against a madara who barely broke a sweat. How exactly is Sakura's actual physical input supposed to be believably relevant to the fight?

Sakura is a major character only in the sense that shes a one dimensional character who kishi never bothered to update to any significant degree. Even characters like Lee, Neji, Hinata, have had more layering and progression. I can barely remember a single panel devoted to her training with Tsunade. Every time she is inserted into major plot-lines it always ends up contrived, including the time she made that ridiculous love proposal to Naruto.

It's almost as if her wholesome bookworm starting point at the manga made her too boring for Kishi to bother updating. We didn't even get a single flashback dedicated to her to try and give her some intrigue. It would have been awesome to have sakura more involved in the story in a serious way, but that requires gradual buildup over time. You can't simply ignore her for the entire manga, and then try to sticky-glue her into incredulous roles during the climax of the story. The same way you can't have a dream-team sports match with multi-era legends, and then announce that a 3rd tier bench player is going to be starting on the team.

Where was her "can't be wounded monster strength" usefulness in the 100 chapters when all the top tier shinobi were given panel-time to show them in critical fights against various resurrected edo-mummies.

You can argue that shes a "medical ninja" and was needed at the hospitals, but the truth is that the reason Kishi gave her that medical role so early was as a way to get rid of her during fights without having to seem chauvinist about sidelining her to watch from the benches.

So yes its completely ridiculous that her out of thin air mike-tyson powers are suddenly treated as relevant in what is supposed to be the highest level shinobi fight so far in the entire manga.

As absurd as it may sound, it has nothing to do with not wanting the "idea" of sakura there. Ie. the idea of the team7 being relevant in a kind of full-circle symmetrical way (major roles in the start of the manga, major roles at the end of it). The problem is that one of those in team 7, was completely ignored for 80% of the manga. It makes no sense to forcibly include her where she fits least (in the midst of a direct fight).

It would definitely most obviously make sense to give her a pivotal role in some decision/drama/persuasion that ultimately closes out the manga since she was indeed kept relevant in THAT sense of development. But when It comes to actual fighting, anything she does is merely a distraction at best, a momentum/believability killer at worst.

Last edited by Cookie-Monster; 2013-06-02 at 11:39.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 12:05   Link #155
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
No... i think Orochimaru can control the other 3.
Tobirama wanted to leave and then Orochimaru made sure they couldn't... where he noticed he had no control over Hashirama.
he tried to forcibly break out. that's different than what edo-madara did. kabuto undid the tech and madara summoned himself back in time. tobirama could do the same if orochimaru released the tech. and arguably so could hiruzen and minato too if someone told him how. he's a quick learner

Quote:
she'll be better than tsunade, meaning she can smash through susano'o. even though she won't be the star she has more to offer than we've seen so far for certain, but eventually she'll fall back to being a healer and a human shield for sasuke and naruto
Old 2013-06-02, 12:22   Link #156
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Quote:

Unless she is going to be sacrificed as a plot progressor with her getting injured/dead , I do not see how her involvement will do anything but make the upcoming fight full of eye-rolling moments as we see contrived maneuverings on Kishi's part as he attempts to include her into the fight. We already saw this right off the bat with the Juubi goofily splitting into mini-parts just so we can see her punch one of them.
All of the rookies are in this fight. Kishi could have dumped them last chapter and just had Naruto and Sasuke fight, but he wanted the big panel with the Rookie 9 flying over Hashirama for symbolism as inheriting his Will of Fire.

You can suspend your disbelief toward Sakura fighting also to Team 10 and Team 8. We are at the end of the manga. They'll be the heroes.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 13:01   Link #157
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
You can't be serious ....
why yes, yes i am

Quote:
The unkillable Tsunade your talking about is lying half dead with all the other kages after losing a 4v1 fight against a madara who barely broke a sweat. How exactly is Sakura's actual physical input supposed to be believably relevant to the fight?
"can't be fatally wounded (for some time at least)" was my exact quote. sakura has the same skill set as Tsunade likely cranked up a notch. meaning she can break susanoo, and take heavy damage all while retaining the ability to heal her comrades…I'm not calling her a rockstar, but this power boost will be enough to backup naruto and sasuke…
team 7 is the new sannin…like it or not/believe it or not….everything they could do, 7 will do better.(jiraiya sage mode vs naruto sage mode)

Quote:
Sakura is a major character only in the sense that shes a one dimensional character who kishi never bothered to update to any significant degree. Even characters like Lee, Neji, Hinata, have had more layering and progression. I can barely remember a single panel devoted to her training with Tsunade. Every time she is inserted into major plot-lines it always ends up contrived, including the time she made that ridiculous love proposal to Naruto.
well she is getting her update now…it sucks it has been 8 years for us readers, but in story its right on time imo…yeah i would have loved to see one more fight also, but even if he gave us one, he would not have hinted to us about her seal because he was obviously saving it for now…

Quote:
It's almost as if her wholesome bookworm starting point at the manga made her too boring for Kishi to bother updating. We didn't even get a single flashback dedicated to her to try and give her some intrigue. It would have been awesome to have sakura more involved in the story in a serious way, but that requires gradual buildup over time. You can't simply ignore her for the entire manga, and then try to sticky-glue her into incredulous roles during the climax of the story. The same way you can't have a dream-team sports match with multi-era legends, and then announce that a 3rd tier bench player is going to be starting on the team.
nooooo, kishi doesn't think sakura is boring . what intrigue are you looking for? as talented as she was or was suppose to be in part 1, from jump she was hopelessly at a disadvantage being partnered up with the apparent inheritors of the Sage of 6's legacy. at the end of part 1 she made a decision to catch up and begin her training with tsunade. in the meantime, she wasn't ignored. she has been featured in every volume of shippuden (I'm gon need to check this lol) whether you like the role she played or not. and as far as build up, she has been working on this Hyakugo seal (thanks MK) that is now finally ready…
also we did get a panel of her training during the sasori fight.

Quote:
Where was her "can't be wounded monster strength" usefulness in the 100 chapters when all the top tier shinobi were given panel-time to show them in critical fights against various resurrected edo-mummies.
this question would resonate more if the manga was already over and all sakura ever did was fight sasori. I mean i don't know what to tell you! lol
kishi decides the order the heroes will have their shine. if sakura revealed hers before now, we can't be wowed when sasuke returns to the battlefield and team 7 reforms…well, you are not wowed
(also, apparently that seal had two days left of charging)

Quote:
You can argue that shes a "medical ninja" and was needed at the hospitals, but the truth is that the reason Kishi gave her that medical role so early was as a way to get rid of her during fights
exactly. you are right. he had something bigger planned for her down the road…
its his story. I'm fine with this decision.

Quote:
without having to seem chauvinist about sidelining her to watch from the benches.
this I'm not so sure you are right about…

Quote:
So yes its completely ridiculous that her out of thin air mike-tyson powers are suddenly treated as relevant in what is supposed to be the highest level shinobi fight so far in the entire manga.
im not saying she is going to land any final/killing blows to any of the final villains…her role in this new team 7 will likely be to keep naruto and sasuke powered up/alive. To that end she has developed a new power that at the very least will keep her not "in the way" (at least i hope)….is this really that unbelievable?
Old 2013-06-02, 13:51   Link #158
itachi-san314

it goes without saying that sakura needed more panel time, but nevertheless she is and has been impressive. she's much younger than kakashi was at the start of the story and she's pretty much a better ninja than he was at that time, meaning very high class jounin. of course a top notch jounin is nothing nowadays when nearly everyone who matters is god-like, but in the scheme of things it's pretty good... that said, i dont mean to imply that her character was written well, just that her involvement in this final fight isn't all that outlandish
Old 2013-06-02, 14:11   Link #159
Kurohane

^ By the age Sakura was a genin, Kakashi was already a Jonin and had his own original technique. Not bashing her, just saying what an outlandish, untrue exaggeration that is.
Old 2013-06-02, 15:02   Link #160
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
^ By the age Sakura was a genin, Kakashi was already a Jonin and had his own original technique. Not bashing her, just saying what an outlandish, untrue exaggeration that is.
you obviously didn't read what i wrote correctly... and no it's not untrue, unless you think kakashi of old could take out an army of juubi clones...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion