AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-08, 06:27   Link #101
Talendra

Just a small question in between... we all surely remember how luffy beat up crocodile back in Alabasta. Well... that was a Luffy without Gears, with "mere" rubber-hands and rather mediocre strenght.

Now we see crocodile taking a hit from a diamond-fist, thrown by the most likely physically strongest character we have seen until now in the manga (just remember the iceberg... well, garp may want to have a word in this too, but besides...?) ... and well, crocodile looks relatively fine after the blow.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a little inconsitent when it comes to crocs endurance?
Old 2009-10-08, 07:57   Link #102
andy

croc face was full of blood , i mean you don't expect croc to get beat just after 1 hit . But if it was only him, i think jozu would have kick his ass very fast . Now he has don working with him so we got to see what going to happen
Old 2009-10-08, 08:00   Link #103
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Just a small question in between... we all surely remember how luffy beat up crocodile back in Alabasta. Well... that was a Luffy without Gears, with "mere" rubber-hands and rather mediocre strenght.

Now we see crocodile taking a hit from a diamond-fist, thrown by the most likely physically strongest character we have seen until now in the manga (just remember the iceberg... well, garp may want to have a word in this too, but besides...?) ... and well, crocodile looks relatively fine after the blow.

Is it just me, or does this seem like a little inconsitent when it comes to crocs endurance?
Well for one, Luffy strength alone didn't have much to do with it. One of his weaknesses is water, if Luffy didn't use water he would've got his ass kicked every time. Because water makes sand thicker/heavier, it added to the damage of Luffy's blows. A strong blow from someone who just fights regular without using water may not have the same damage. I mean, he is a logia.
Old 2009-10-08, 08:12   Link #104
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddiKtioNn-BlaCk View Post
Well for one, Luffy strength alone didn't have much to do with it. One of his weaknesses is water, if Luffy didn't use water he would've got his ass kicked every time. Because water makes sand thicker/heavier, it added to the damage of Luffy's blows. A strong blow from someone who just fights regular without using water may not have the same damage. I mean, he is a logia.
Luffy has been physically monster strong from very first chapter, Luffy,Zoro and Sanji has been superhuman strong from introduction.

Luffy even sent that Sea King flying first chapters of OP, Luffy only has been relatively slow.

But no doubt Jozu's hits are worlds apart from Luffys and he probly had some kind of Haki involved to connect hit on Crocodile.
Old 2009-10-08, 08:42   Link #105
SuperiorX

or he can dip his diamond fist in water and let croc have it lol. :P
Old 2009-10-08, 08:58   Link #106
Battler-kun

Hmm...who or what is gonna interrupt Mihawk from cutting Luffy into pieces.

Marco would be nice ( it was his order from Whitebeard anyways).
Old 2009-10-08, 09:48   Link #107
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Hmm...who or what is gonna interrupt Mihawk from cutting Luffy into pieces.

Marco would be nice ( it was his order from Whitebeard anyways).
Maybe Silver Rayleigh..... xD ?

Then we can have him praise Mihawk to be stronger than him (build up for later Zoro Vs Mihawk)

PS: don't expect anyone would think Crocodile+ Doflamingo gonna lose to Jozu. Unfinished maybe, but most likely a lost to Jozu (physical sub character's not loved =/)
Old 2009-10-08, 09:55   Link #108
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
croc face was full of blood , i mean you don't expect croc to get beat just after 1 hit . But if it was only him, i think jozu would have kick his ass very fast . Now he has don working with him so we got to see what going to happen
Well, there was a little blood, but more of the cosmetic "i joined the fight"-kind, croc was certainly not displayed as seriously hurt, no *pant*s, no real drawn signs.

And while i did not expect him to go down in 1 hit, imo the strenght difference between Alabasta-Luffy and Jozu should be enough to seriously damage Croc with such a hit.
But that would not be really entertaining and lame for the readers... so thats the question, got Crocs stamina pimped up by a large margin for the sake of a good battle?

But AddiKtioNn-BlaCk has probably a good point, that Haki-hitting Logias might be different from water/weakness-hitting them.
Old 2009-10-08, 09:56   Link #109
Battler-kun

Well...Silver Rayleigh. Dunno

Well, one thing i am sure. It is not gonna be Zoro obviously.
Old 2009-10-08, 10:50   Link #110
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Hmm...who or what is gonna interrupt Mihawk from cutting Luffy into pieces
Coby of course, trying his cheap soru and taking a good slash then causing Luffy going berserk.Thats the only way he can aid Luffy.

No seriously, even Whitebeard's at party and you guys forgot Shanks and Kaidou behind...The specific reason of forcing Mihawk, the least unexpected person of all those guys in there, must be the relationship of Shanks.Maybe Oda's just preparing the ground for Shank's flashy entry...Like appearing in last minute Rayleigh style only to kick Mihawk's killing blow.

Also...Did Luffy just call Kuma a Teddy Bear?
Old 2009-10-08, 11:10   Link #111
Talendra

On a sidenote, what happened to Whitebeards 13ths (?) division captain that Doflamingo controlled previously... down already? That would be rather disappointing, but on the other hand it might just be too many characters to give such minor ones a proper defeat...
Old 2009-10-08, 11:22   Link #112
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post

Croc's endurance has undoubtedly increased due to his time in Impel. Remember he was shown to have been in quite a few fights during a minstory. Because he was handcuffed with seastone at the time, that means he could be hit all the time he was locked up. Any fight he got in would've been a bare fist-bare chin brawl for both him and Mr. 1. And if you factor in all the torturing he undoubtedly went through, it wouldn't be surprising that after all that he could take a hit better.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-10-08, 11:49   Link #113
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Chapter was awesome on so many levels.

So what fights have we got now...

Hancock vs Smoker
Ivankov vs Kuma
Jinbei vs Moria
Crocodile vs Doflamingo/Jozu
and very soon Mihawk vs Luffy.

Quite surprising that Smoker's weapon got broken, guess he'll have to rely on his devil fruit powers now.

And Kuma is PX-0 now eh? I wonder what persuaded him to become a weapon of the World Government when he was originally a member of the rebellion?
Old 2009-10-08, 12:15   Link #114
kari-no-sugata

Mihawk's attitude seems quite interesting. He seems to be trying to challenge Fate itself... more than actually challenging Luffy. He's basically saying: Will the Fates save him or will he fall to my blade - let's try and see.

The concept of Luffy being able to get past Mihawk in the normal course of events seems to taken as impossible

If Shanks is going to turn up, now would be a good time!
Old 2009-10-08, 12:19   Link #115
rob lucci

I think this is luffys time to prove the world that he was truly dragons sons by matching up with mihawk...

this was his debut to trained his haki...
or to attack using his haki not depending in his devil fruit power...

then when he seccessfuly stops mihawk slash by his haki.
it shall be decided that he was the golden boy of his generation.
Old 2009-10-08, 12:33   Link #116
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

This was another good chapter. I wonder were this war is going to go and what it is leading upto?

Does Doflamigo have control of Jozu?

Also Iva pretty strong. She is another person i underestimated.

I just realized this if Zoro can cut through Diamond that will make him a very formidable challenger for Mihawk.

This war in the one piece series could go on for year straight and never see any signs of slowing down. There are battles like smoker vs. Hancock, Iva vs. Kuma, Jozu vs. Croc and Doflamingo, Jembei vs. Moria and that not including the possible people to showup at the battle like Black Beard, Magellan, Rayleigh, Shanks, Dragon and any one else with interest in this war. You also have Ace, Marko, Kizaru, Akainu, Akoiji and etc. This will probably be one of Oda biggest arch in the series. I hope Oda show some of the ending results to these individual battle between the big players.
Old 2009-10-08, 12:40   Link #117
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
You know they should have a separate mini arc for Mihawk.
Old 2009-10-08, 12:44   Link #118
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Do we even have proof that PX-0 is the real Kuma? Cause seeing what he was like in the previous chapters, he didn't show any signs of being a cyborg- even Sanji managed to attempt a kick without being damaged by the impact (unlike when he kicked PX-1 where he thought he might break a leg trying again)- and rather the current PX-0 is exactly what PX-1 was like (the clone kuma) with his mouth lasers and dead mind.

Also while sending Luffy and co. out into different islands he sent PX-1 randomly off somewhere...
He has been using his paw paw powers, and Sentomaru had already addressed Kuma as PX-00, so we know that is his designation. So, this is Kuma.

The million dollar question is not so much "Is he a Fake?" (since we have 90+% confirmation that he is the real Kuma), but rather "Why would he would do this?"

Whatever the case, I love Iva's line "No one can forget my face!" (paraphrased). That had me cracking up for a dozen or so seconds. Epic nakama showdown is brewing between the 2, and I do not know if I want Kuma "awoken" from his "sleep" or if I want Kuma to stay an automaton/zombie (Iva getting through to Kuma might be too cliche, but Kuma staying a robot might be too dark).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Didn't Zoro explicitly state during the Alabasta Arc, that he has no intention of cutting diamond?

About the Luffy and Mihawk encounter: I wonder how this will turn out.
Mihawk can't possibly defeat Luffy, because this would mean the end for him under the current circumstances. On the other hand Luffy also can't defeat Mihawk, because this would put him on top of him strength-wise, which would mean, that Zoro's new goal should become Luffy, which wouldn't really be good for the story.
The only solution is, that their fight gets interrupted (or doesn't even start).
There is nothing that says Mihawk can't be defeated by a non-swordsmen.

That being said, there is no way Luffy can defeat (or really even fight) Mihawk presently, so it will be yet another rescue or something similar...
Old 2009-10-08, 14:48   Link #119
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Mihawk's attitude seems quite interesting. He seems to be trying to challenge Fate itself... more than actually challenging Luffy. He's basically saying: Will the Fates save him or will he fall to my blade - let's try and see.

Y'know, Mihawk talking about fate is reminding me a lot of the stuff that Blackbeard's crew said about fate and destiny (Van Auger's line about there being no such thing as coincidence particularly springs to mind). But yeah, it's most likely that Luffy will be rescued again, it seems. I think I'll actually stick with the idea of Buggy being the one to (unwittingly) save Luffy, especialy seeing as he told his followers that he didn't want Luffy showing him up at Marineford (and he said he planned to make the world recognize his greatness anyway, so).....

But damn, that part about Kuma really is something else now that I read the full scene. For reasons unknown, he volunteered to become a tool of the government. A soulless monster of a weapon that only exists to tickle the government's fancy for all eternity. Surely, a grim fate that could be considered even worse than death. It definitely must be hard for Iva to have to fight against an old friend who lost every last shred of his humanity......

By the way, Hancock's response to Smoker's warning about her actions against the marines makes me even more certain that Amazon Lily will end up suffering the consequences in due time. I highly doubt that the higher-ups of the government will be as forgiving of her actions as her subjects of the Kuja tribe......
Old 2009-10-08, 14:51   Link #120
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Luffy needs to STOP SUCKING.

Also, where did the key come from? Random much..

Last edited by paradox13; 2009-10-08 at 15:21.
Closed Thread