AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 06:01   Link #281
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
sorry but i forgot to mention that i agree with you 100% Kaoru Chujo about all 2 shows. My biggest compliant about anime for the past 2 to 3 years has been the quality of writing. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Bakemonogatari and Aoi Hana are my 3 favorites as for how powerful the writing is i get drawn instantly into all 3 worlds when im watching. At the core of a series in the story itself and how its portrayed to the audience. Too much emotion it feels forced too little you feel disconnected from the characters all 3 previously mentioned managed to nail the right amount dead on making them successful imo.
Throw Spice and Wolf in there as well. I mean, wow, what a season. We are so blessed, as anime fans. So spoiled for choice.

Ep 6

There was so much in this episode. So many layers to what was going on. I loved the way they kept flipping between the performance, which was deliberate and controlling in the way it held the audience's attention (as stage plays obviously are), and backstage, which was frantic and filled with nervous tension. And they took advantage of this to say a bit more about the characters and relationships as well, first with Akira humourously being semi-tempted by Sugimoto, and then with that very interesting scene between Sugimoto and Kyouko, which, as MeoTwister5 points out, makes a fairly strong hint about the metaphorical relevance of Wuthering Heights and the similarities between Sugimoto and Catherine: as Kyouko says about Catherine, "she's selfish, yet extravagant, and people let her be that way".

Kasai continues to be so underrated as a director. While everyone's enamoured by Shinbo (and rightly so, I'd say), Kasai just continues to go about his business, making gems. This one keeps looking more and more like another one.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 06:26   Link #282
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Kasai continues to be so underrated as a director. While everyone's enamoured by Shinbo (and rightly so, I'd say), Kasai just continues to go about his business, making gems. This one keeps looking more and more like another one.
I do agree that Kasai is doing yet another spectacular job, though don't forget to praise Takao Shimura, the author of the manga. Kasai is working with her original work after all.
Old 2009-08-13, 06:55   Link #283
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Not so sure about the Shino-love anymore, because when I think about it straightly, almost every renowned anime directors do a better job than him. And Shinbo's style of directing, as innovative it is, sometimes starts to grate. Like Bakemonogatari..

Spoiler:

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2009-08-13 at 07:14.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 07:10   Link #284
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You may wanna add your second paragraph into spoiler tags SuperKnuckles. There are quite a few members here who haven't seen this weeks episode yet.
Old 2009-08-13, 09:00   Link #285
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Spoiler for Spoilers? Bah:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-08-13 at 09:31. Reason: Fine Fine.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 10:39   Link #286
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Spoiler for Spoilers? Bah:
Actually you are not the only one she also dresses like that in the manga. What i really liked though was she wore like a mans suit with a tie but obviously it was fitted for a women but she wore heels with it. The style was perfect for her bishonnen personality the short and all. She was also complimented several times on how good she looks in more masculine clothes. The combination of masculine and feminine clothes work perfectly for her.
Old 2009-08-13, 15:21   Link #287
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Spoiler for ep.7:

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 04:26   Link #288
scr
my sides are in orbit

Did you guys just noticed that...

Spoiler for eps7:

Yeah, sorry for trolling .

On the good side, the animation is as solid as ever. Something i can't get from most anime these days...
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 09:50   Link #289
Bath-Teth

Just watched EP 7

Spoiler for EP 7:
Bath-Teth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 11:33   Link #290
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
Just watched EP 7

P.S.
How did Sugimoto know that Fumi was just dumped by someone right before they've met? Did she just assume that Fumi's "Ex" left her just a few weeks ago, when Fumi told her about her cousin?
And why should the second eldest daughter (forgot her name) feel guilty about Sugimoto's problems?
[/SPOILER]
That scene was a little weird and from what i remember it was done a bit differently. Basically it looks like Sugimoto could just tell because of her similar situation. Its done better in the manga so as not to cause confusion.

Your second question is somewhat of a spoiler so i will put the answer in the spoiler tags for you. You can choose to read it or not but when you find out your going to go DAMN

Spoiler for Manga spoiler for Bath-Teth question:

That basically sums it up after this scene many other events get rolling that we probably wont see in this season, hopefully a 2nd season will be announced.
Old 2009-08-14, 11:54   Link #291
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bath-Teth View Post
And why should the second eldest daughter (forgot her name) feel guilty about Sugimoto's problems?
To make it a bit more clear
Spoiler for manga spoiler for Bath-Teth:

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-08-14 at 14:31.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 11:56   Link #292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That basically sums it up after this scene many other events get rolling that we probably wont see in this season, hopefully a 2nd season will be announced.
Yeah i'm guessing what you just added in spoiler tags will be animated over the course of the next three episodes. Not a bad place to end the season really, just before the major drama starts. Fingers crossed regarding a second season.
Old 2009-08-14, 12:29   Link #293
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'm guessing what you just added in spoiler tags will be animated over the course of the next three episodes. Not a bad place to end the season really, just before the major drama starts.
Well, they named the episodes after manga chapters so we already know where it's gonna end. Although they could be doing this to mislead us...
Spoiler for Episode list (with corresponding manga chapter number):

This list was taken from ANN btw. I'm assuming it's accurate, but who knows.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2009-08-14 at 13:28.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 12:38   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, they named the episodes after manga chapters so we already know where it's gonna end. Although they could be doing this to mislead us...
Thanks a lot for this list. This actually makes my theory quite possible.
Spoiler for Not really a spoiler, though will do this anyway:
Old 2009-08-14, 13:01   Link #295
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...This list was taken from ANN btw. I assuming it's accurate, but who knows.
It is. The same list is on the official site. I have high hopes of a second season, but I don't think there's enough manga yet, is there?

But the way, I agree with Shiroth that we should be sure to give credit to the mangaka SHIMURA Takako. Kasai's literalistic approach means we get a full flow of the awesomeness of the original.

And I agree with Sorrow-K that Kasai just seems to quietly go on making gems (Honey & Clover, KimiKiss, Nodame). He picks good manga and treats them with respect, to the point of literalness. I remember being amazed in Honey & Clover that the anime, for the first few episodes, followed the manga pretty much frame for frame. Somehow he made that work.

I might have agreed with SuperKnuckles about Shinbou before I saw Bakemonogatari. Maybe it drove SuperK one direction and me the other, lol. I've always loved the look and rhythms of Shinbou's shows. But Bakemonogatari gives him something deeper to work from.
Spoiler for ep7:
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 13:05   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It is. The same list is on the official site. I have high hopes of a second season, but I don't think there's enough manga yet, is there?
Nope, which is why ending it at this point is a good idea. There would probably be enough material for another 11 episodes for the winter season, or spring.
Old 2009-08-14, 14:31   Link #297
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

This list was taken from ANN btw. I'm assuming it's accurate, but who knows.
Spoiler for manga chapters.:
Old 2009-08-14, 14:46   Link #298
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Spoiler for manga chapters.:
Faster than Love is a favorite of mine too. Fumi really amazed me with her incredible courage. Her mixture of shyness and boldness, vulnerability and strength makes her such an amazing character.
Old 2009-08-14, 15:23   Link #299
Blaat

All this manga talk makes me want to read it, but I'm patiently waiting until the anime is finished.
Old 2009-08-14, 15:34   Link #300
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
All this manga talk makes me want to read it, but I'm patiently waiting until the anime is finished.
Oh believe me, it get's much, much better past where the anime will end. Showing the true colors of the manga, and how good it really is.

Tags
drama, romance, school life, yuri