AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 01:04   Link #1941
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The biggest hook for the BDs is the ticket for the special AKB event, but you have to buy all the BDs to get the ticket so I think the sale numbers are going stay pretty much the same.
Personally, I don't think the sales was "miserable" as Sylphic put it.

While the DVD sale is only 1,964 unit, the BD sales is pretty high at 5,345. A sign that the hardcore anime fans are supporting it and is a better indicator anyway for non-casual (daytime) titles.

winhlp32 made a list in DVD/BD thread on volume 1 sales of this season's anime and it is currently at #3 spot, and only behind #1 Hyouka with 500 combine units and #2 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san released a week earlier on 6/22.

And all this is done in a less than ideal airing situation with weird choice of stations.

So I won't say the chance is bad, yet....

EDIT:

Personally, I think that decision might come down to how No Name's CD do in Aug. With Mayuyu (2012 rank: 2) heading the group with Sato Amina (21) and popular SKE members Hata Sawako (25) and Yagami Kumi (28). If that CD does the usual 48 sub-groups number at 100,000 units it might change everything. Besides, the timing of release of August intrigues me, because it ties into the Fall season pretty nicely and it's sort of a down time of the year as far as group activity goes for 48-groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
question is the girl that has a boyfriend now is in the anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
You mean Sashihara Rino?

No she's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Sher's not? Oh well.
@kenjiharima: Just to clear something up, Sashihara don't have a boyfriend "now". The scandal from that tabloid magazine was about what happens over 3 years ago between the time she was a trainee and just got promote as regular member. (also a time where AKB is in trouble and in danger of disband)

The story has a lot of holes in continuity and the photos they used are ambiguous at best for what they try to claim. Sashihara's claim was that he was just a friend that was introduced by a common friend. The general consensus is as usual somewhere in the middle that they did briefly date and had a relation but is over.

If she has boyfriend "now", demoting to HKT is the last thing that would happen and she would be gone from the group.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-07-04 at 04:15.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 02:42   Link #1942
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
@kenjiharima: Just to clear something up, Sashihara don't have a boyfriend "now". The scandal from that tabloid magazine was about what happens over 3 years ago between the time she was a trainee and just got promote as regular member. (also a time where AKB is in trouble and in danger of disband)

The story has a lot of holes in continuity and the photos they used are ambiguous at best for what they try to claim. Sashihara's claim was that he was just a friend that was introduced by a common friend. The general consensus is as usual somewhere in the middle that they did briefly date and had a relation but is over.

If she has boyfriend "now", demoting to HKT is the last thing that would happen and she would be gone from the group.
Hmm...So she's single! Good to hear that.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:59   Link #1943
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Well, it's practically confirmed now that Tsubasa was Mariko-sama, and that something strange happened to the Center Novae, which resulted in all of them save Miichan vanishing in light.

Kinda like what happened to Shin Kudo at the end of Macross Zero...

...so Kirara are living organic natural fold quartz?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:07   Link #1944
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
I've speculated that all the girls were immediately eaten by the creature in the shrine, and the whole show has been a hallucination while they're being digested, but you can hardly use the "if there's smoke, there's fire" argument on that.
Biggest difference is that you are not a character in the show. On the other hand, the speculation by the characters of the work is usually put there by the author to show or imply something; that speculation is put there for a reason, especially since it was added AFTER the original aired when it didn't exist before.

Quote:
Given the scene when she told him she was leaving, it seemed quite obvious to me that they were plenty close enough to make the haters scream about them.
Yeah, but 'close' has good deal of ambiguity about it. Everyone knew they were close, but it was up in the air if they were two people who were only one step past friendship, or they were only one step before becoming an official couple. Former has loads of examples being easily forgiven by the fan base, but the latter? Not so much.

Quote:
I stand by what I said. Nothing in the new material changes the perception of Yuuka and what'shisname's relationship, so anyone who is going to hate her for what's in the extended cut would have already hated her for what was in the normal cut.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:12   Link #1945
mechdra

Kirara is an organic power source but there still need more explaination about how the Kirara work for the idol.

After watching this episode, the question about why the Kirara shine when it is with Chieri and Nagisa is because the bond the two have. If we look at the 2 of them, they are similar with Acchan and mariko, 2 very close friends. My guess is every Center Nova need a very close friend to make them shine even more. That happen to Acchan and possibly the same for Nagisa as well. Yuuko on the other hand is a loner, all she cares is just her dream and that could be the possible reason why she could not be a Center Nova.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:22   Link #1946
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

...so Kirara are an organic energy equivalent to binary explosives, powered by the power of friendship between the Center Nova and her close friend?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:25   Link #1947
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Biggest difference is that you are not a character in the show. On the other hand, the speculation by the characters of the work is usually put there by the author to show or imply something; that speculation is put there for a reason, especially since it was added AFTER the original aired when it didn't exist before.
Actually that added part on that scene seems to me to use the previous conversation as a hook up but isn't about Yuka at all, but a scene made to add some yuri fanservice. The kiss conversation there is just so Nagisa can make the joke and Orine could react like that.
Old 2012-07-04, 09:44   Link #1948
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet
Actually that added part on that scene seems to me to use the previous conversation as a hook up but isn't about Yuka at all, but a scene made to add some yuri fanservice. The kiss conversation there is just so Nagisa can make the joke and Orine could react like that.
Exactly.

Quote:
but it was up in the air if they were two people who were only one step past friendship, or they were only one step before becoming an official couple. Former has loads of examples being easily forgiven by the fan base, but the latter? Not so much.
Tell that to real-life Sashiko.

Quote:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then.
Never! I shall fight you to the last breath!
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 09:45   Link #1949
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
This show is really good, but those disk sales are pretty miserable.

Given the big names behind it, the cut off sales they need to decide another season is going to be pretty high. Maybe we can sadly kiss season 2 goodbye.
on the subject of sales sicne it is in thid place this season can't we say that a second season is assured due to the small difference of sales between it and hyouka or is hyouka selling really bad ( becasue nyaruko is in second)?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 10:36   Link #1950
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
on the subject of sales sicne it is in thid place this season can't we say that a second season is assured due to the small difference of sales between it and hyouka or is hyouka selling really bad ( becasue nyaruko is in second)?
AKB00048 had decent sales, that would likely mean a second season would be okay. I guess the reason everyone seems a bit down with it is that while it's decent, it's nowhere the level of the really big sellers. Also some people may have been expecting it to sell on the level the real AKB sells.

To get an insight on disk sales, somewhere before in this thread SeijiSensei posted this article about sales numbers. According to it AKB0048 would be around this:
Quote:
5001~7000
The point where a second season looks likely, and a reasonable number of discs one can hope to sell. Producers seem to begin to be praised at this point.
7001~9000
Impressive sales, favorites that can easily be called “hits.”
By the way, now that we know Tsubasa was the 7th Mariko-sama we have confirmation she is the Mariko-sama on the Episode 0 manga. I already suspected that but the very different art style made me wonder if it was really her. XD
Old 2012-07-04, 12:01   Link #1951
Undertaker

Nothing to do with current story in this episode, but, I skipped episode 9 last week because stuff came up and ends up watching ep 10 on Sunday. Didn't really noticed it until now so I re-watched ep 9.

WHAT AN AWESOME EPISODE!!!!!

The fact that both Heart Gata Virus and River are in it and both pretty much in it full version made my day.

River is one of my top 5 if not top 3 AKB single and Heart Gata Virus is one of my favorite stage unit songs. Now if Takamina would do Bird in this show.... (Aishisa no Accel would work to.)

Heart Gata Virus is one of my favorite stage unit song. Which reminds me, AKB's 2-5 man stage unit songs and team songs are almost all guarantee awesome. Though for Heart Gata, my farotie rendition is still the original with Kojiharu, Maimai, and CEO(Kawasaki Nozomi). This song is tailor made for them and completely take full use of their personality, voice, and looks.

It is the only version I like even more than the No3b version despite the sub-unit is by far my favorite of AKB sub-group and all five members were 1st-gen members.

It would also be great if Nagisa x Chieri would perform either yuri songs, "Kinji Rareta Ni-rin" (Forbidden Couple) or "Oshibe Tomeshibe to Yoru no ChoCho"(Male and Female Butterflies of the Night). Though both would probably be too much for anime.

I'll be find with a A-chan performed Black Angel or a 5-man Shinkiro.

Back to ep9 and 10 though:

If it wasn't because there is only 3 episode left, I would have bid there are two more type with spade shapes and spade shapes.

But I agree with most that heart shape now seem to denote idol potential/desire while diamond shape denotes those who lost it.

The question here is like some mentioned before, are they visible to characters in series, if so are they caused by Kiraras?

BTW, for those who are interested in the songs I mentioned, I'll post links on the AKB thread in music section for you...
Old 2012-07-04, 12:16   Link #1952
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
AKB00048 had decent sales, that would likely mean a second season would be okay. I guess the reason everyone seems a bit down with it is that while it's decent, it's nowhere the level of the really big sellers. Also some people may have been expecting it to sell on the level the real AKB sells.

To get an insight on disk sales, somewhere before in this thread SeijiSensei posted this article about sales numbers.
All while dealing with the insurmountable odds against the Wota, they did it without appealing to the MadoMagi or Fanservice Audience (save episode 10, but Makoto needed something that sticks since it IS her episode)

Still, this was pretty cheap so it may have been a sales factor...
Old 2012-07-04, 13:42   Link #1953
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
...so Kirara are an organic energy equivalent to binary explosives, powered by the power of friendship between the Center Nova and her close friend?
They did say Kirara are attracted to human spirit so when Chieri and Nagisa are together, their spirits are stronger I guess?

or it could just be another of Kawamori's random pet like Shush in Aquarion.

Mayuyu/Chieri duo slay as expected.
And Acchan 3rd despite not even in the show except for the first 5 min of first ep
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 14:33   Link #1954
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
If we look at the 2 of them, they are similar with Acchan and mariko, 2 very close friends. My guess is every Center Nova need a very close friend to make them shine even more.
I don't think this theory flies because Acchan could shine like a Center Nova without Mariko close to her. I posted some screenshots in a previous post that show her doing the "super glow" thingy without Mariko around. On the other hand Cheiri and Nagisa do seem to need each other to achieve this glow, so there's something different in their case.

I think the reason the relationship between Acchan and Mariko was highlighted was to establish that despite the risks Tsubasa might be willing to bring back the Center position to find out what happened to Acchan.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-04 at 15:26.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 17:17   Link #1955
gebleg

Send a message via Yahoo to gebleg
So, how many eps again that this season will have with only 5 BD's being released by them(just recently browse it), 12? I kind of lazy to browse the previous pages since there's so many of them. I just hope the ending of this season is kind of conclusive but still has the continuity path to the next season.
gebleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:00   Link #1956
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebleg View Post
So, how many eps again that this season will have with only 5 BD's being released by them(just recently browse it), 12? I kind of lazy to browse the previous pages since there's so many of them. I just hope the ending of this season is kind of conclusive but still has the continuity path to the next season.
13 episodes.

BTW, I'll want to see offtakes or crossover gags like this:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-04 at 18:54.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 18:01   Link #1957
mochichan

Maybe in Chieri and Nagisa case, it's because they're not as experienced as Acchan? Or maybe because both of them are missing things that the other have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebleg View Post
13 ep in total.
But a 2nd season is possible.
They probably split up 2 cour to test to see how the anime go, as well as schedule conflicts since AKB girls are really busy especially in August and Watanabe Mayu's solo works so they don't have time to record 26 ep in one go.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-04, 21:40   Link #1958
Kazu-kun

Preview for episode 11

Spoiler for ep11 pv:

EDIT: Can someone translate this?
Old 2012-07-04, 22:10   Link #1959
chaosprophet

Gave a try on translating the preview:
Spoiler for ep11 PV:

Seems like next few episodes will be awesome.
Old 2012-07-04, 22:22   Link #1960
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Gave a try on translating the preview:
Spoiler for ep11 PV:
Spoiler for episode 11:

Whatever happens, it's going to be awesome!!

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime