AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-31, 12:10   Link #421
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Vol.12 and 13 showed that accel couldnt even comprehend words, and he couldn even think properly...

but in chapter 9 he is without the choker and is sitting on the bed, waiting for it to be completly recharged... in Vol.12 he couldnt even sit properly, he fell to the side

but now he can think normal and even coordinate his arms and to take the battery and put it back to the collar
i think it is a plothole
In the chapter he can't even think properly without the battery, so no plothole.

Quote:
:O
i thhought it was a wrong (google translater like) translation

BUT this still doesnt explain why he could even think, Vol.12/13 made it clear that he cant even do that, he cant use his hands or other body parts normally, but in chapter 9 he does that
Spoiler for Vol 12 Accelerator shuts off his choker:
He has problems speaking and thinking properly because he can't process words correctly but he can still think and move his hands (clumsily but he can otherwise he wouldn't be able to turn the choker on again which I think would require more dexterity than picking the battery and putting it back on the choker).
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:18   Link #422
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
In the chapter he can't even think properly without the battery, so no plothole.


Spoiler for Vol 12 Accelerator shuts off his choker:
He has problems speaking and thinking properly because he can't process words correctly but he can still think and move his hands (clumsily but he can otherwise he wouldn't be able to turn the choker on again which I think would require more dexterity than picking the battery and putting it back on the choker).
Isnt this quote showing that his condition was much worser?

he couldnt even understand what the digital numbers on the TV meant, but he hears the sound of the recharged battery and can understand that it is done,


he was able to properly figure out what the sound meant


something which he shouldnt be able to do...

btw, i think that taking a battery and putting it back to its correct place in one try without really looking at it is way harder than pressing a single button on a small object, he could simply move his hand over his body, to his neck and feel the choker, than feel the buton and press on it

but maybe im wrong because i didnt read the whole vol.12/13, i watched the anime and than wasnt curious abou the volumes anymore...
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:39   Link #423
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Isnt this quote showing that his condition was much worser?

he couldnt even understand what the digital numbers on the TV meant, but he hears the sound of the recharged battery and can understand that it is done,


he was able to properly figure out what the sound meant


something which he shouldnt be able to do...

btw, i think that taking a battery and putting it back to its correct place in one try without really looking at it is way harder than pressing a single button on a small object, he could simply move his hand over his body, to his neck and feel the choker, than feel the buton and press on it

but maybe im wrong because i didnt read the whole vol.12/13, i watched the anime and than wasnt curious abou the volumes anymore...
There's a world of difference between processing words and numbers (which have meaning) and a simple beeping alarm. He can hear the charger make the sound ergo the battery finished charging.

Even if you think the putting the battery back should have been harder for him to do it could be excused as not wanting to waste more panels representing a simple action that doesn't have a lot of weight in the plot.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 12:58   Link #424
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
There's a world of difference between processing words and numbers (which have meaning) and a simple beeping alarm. He can hear the charger make the sound ergo the battery finished charging.

Even if you think the putting the battery back should have been harder for him to do it could be excused as not wanting to waste more panels representing a simple action that doesn't have a lot of weight in the plot.
so it basically was because of sparing pages well, it still annoys me a bit

btw, did you recognize the pattern of the current adventure??

it is like one punch man or noblesse
the OP main char is somewhere else and the actual fighting already began, they always have excuses, in accels case it was a convenient one, his battery
and now the part will start where the OP main char will defeat everyone without much effort, but before this happens the 'side' chars will shine...
even the 'MC is injured and cant fight from the beginning' (because he is to powerful and would and the battle in a second )existed it was the wound of his headshot which opened itself again
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 13:41   Link #425
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
so it basically was because of sparing pages well, it still annoys me a bit

btw, did you recognize the pattern of the current adventure??

it is like one punch man or noblesse
the OP main char is somewhere else and the actual fighting already began, they always have excuses, in accels case it was a convenient one, his battery
and now the part will start where the OP main char will defeat everyone without much effort, but before this happens the 'side' chars will shine...
even the 'MC is injured and cant fight from the beginning' (because he is to powerful and would and the battle in a second )existed it was the wound of his headshot which opened itself again
Well when you have characters as strong in their universe as Accelerator is in Index you always have to be careful as to not let them break the story. Accelerator's battery and dependence on the Misaka Network are a good way to do that. It will always be better to have a reason for the character to not act or be present than a powerful character sitting out of a fight just because.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 15:57   Link #426
LevelSeven
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Well when you have characters as strong in their universe as Accelerator is in Index you always have to be careful as to not let them break the story. Accelerator's battery and dependence on the Misaka Network are a good way to do that. It will always be better to have a reason for the character to not act or be present than a powerful character sitting out of a fight just because.
I agree

and finally i could see how accels battery affected the way of 'his' story

i never liked the choker but this was because we never had this scenes, in the LN accel only has the choker to make him more vulnerable, but even than, there was already enough weaknesses which worked on accel even without the choker, it was somehow useless to give it to him other than giving him a extra-weakness, now it shows how far the choker limits his actions (i hope we will also see how the 50% calculation power will affect/reduce his fighting capacity)
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-31, 16:26   Link #427
the one above all
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
Not much except for Yomikawa being a badass.

I wish we got to learn more about the Scavengers.
__________________
the one above all is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.