1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-02, 20:05   Link #61
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg this is the strangest eps so far...k1 flipping out i actually think that hes been posessed by satoshi...also does it mean that k1 has the power to kill anyone just wishing for it? coincidence yh if 1 thing happened but it happening 3 times and the last time taking the whole town with him...something supernatural is at hand definatly...he is soo stupid...why the hell did he start hacking away at the crows -___- and the ending where the TV turns off...that just spooked me out >.<
im stupid so i still dnt get wht happened to satoko's uncle...hes was killed by k1 right? then wheres his body? i think that the fact that satoko still says that his uncle is alive the night after the murder was a cover up...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-02, 20:23   Link #62
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The epilogues and the interview that the anime cut out are all written in the TIPS section...except they are currently hidden out until the "fansubs" are released (apparently, someone saw them and complained that it was too spoilerish). So, I guess the answer to your questions about these interviews to be translated would be: it'll be on the TIPS section as soon as the "fansub" is released.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait for the answer arc to get some of the stuff that's left out then.
Old 2006-07-03, 01:16   Link #63
ApathyEcstasy

i only just realized right now that this show reminds me so much of the tv show "lost" in the sense that nothing is answered without revealing more questions =_=
Old 2006-07-03, 08:14   Link #64
Killer Loli
baka desu

Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
i only just realized right now that this show reminds me so much of the tv show "lost" in the sense that nothing is answered without revealing more questions =_=
LOL! indeed
Old 2006-07-03, 13:48   Link #65
Serenity85
Horo-ism

I thought the ep. was ok, and like most ppl i got the same WTF? response after watching it. So now on to my theory.

Spoiler for the statue:

Spoiler for Satoko's childhood:
Old 2006-07-03, 20:05   Link #66
Hanatori
Yarr.

Did anyone notice that Keiichi was carrying Satoko on top of the hatchet? Or was that just me? o_o

I voted this episode (might as well vote this chapter) a 6. It was average, if not mediocre in every way. Animation was funky, Hoshi's voicing was off and unbearable, plot was eh. I guess it's still a 6 because people died. >_>;

I read the TIPS section afterwards and I have to say, they cut out a great part.
Old 2006-07-05, 08:40   Link #67
I<3killerloli's

Spoiler:

BTW, on a Mothman Prophecy kind of note:

Spoiler:

Need I say more?
Old 2006-07-05, 11:15   Link #68
Dracil
Yama

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3killerloli's
Spoiler:

Need I say more?
I don't think that's the right number. Will double-check when I get back.
Old 2006-07-05, 11:23   Link #69
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang
Spoiler:

Keiichi is such a bastard.
Old 2006-07-05, 11:24   Link #70
LordAshram

She was counting to 10,000, not 1,000. That and the game says the toll is 1200 and rising anyway.
Old 2006-07-07, 02:48   Link #71
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu
Some questions I'm pondering lately:

Spoiler:
I don't know that we should read too much into the progression.

I think the original "game" was built on the concients of normal visual novels, where there are different paths (like the original Higarushi of this anime's chapters), which invariably focus on different girls (there fore we'll get a chapter each of Rena, Mion, Satako, and Rika).

This is the meta structure of the anime, it's like watching someone play through a normal visual novel in sequence, unlocking more and more each time. Now maybe that repeating structure is somehow also 'explained' in the story (I hope, to make it truely and satisfyingly postmodernish and all clever and such), but I think the structure was probally inspired by the original medium, not the other way around...

Anyways, in a normal game you have the illusion of being able to 'choose' any of the girls to lavish your affection on (regardless of who is the 'main girl') and each of them will end up with enough story and character development to reward your time. Maybe I could buy Rena being the "Main girl" but certainly not Rika, any anyhow we know Mion is into it up to her ears.

I think it's more likely we'll see all the girls equally enmeshed, or simply equally likely to get sucked into the spirral of murder.

Now... sleep for me. ^_^
Old 2006-07-07, 03:50   Link #72
roanhammer

...I didn't even think Hinamizawa's population was more than 1000...
Old 2006-07-07, 10:32   Link #73
LostBlue
祭囃子

Just FYI
Himatsubushi is Rika-centric but it's an sidestory and does not take place in 1983 (when K1 moves to town) but a year before the dam project was thrown out by the government. It's a short story.

Also Hinamizawa area population is ~2,000.

The game probably really shouldn't be called a game. Higurashi isn't a Visual Novel Dating Sim (not by any means AT ALL). As said many times on this forum it's a Novel in a game format. Sound Novels aren't concentrated on the Visual and gameplay as much as the text and bg sounds (which are great in the later half... that piano is <3 ). There's no choices you just read through the entire scenario and it is presented the same way the anime has done chronologically (although the skipped a lot of stuff). You as a player have no decision on the flow of the story. The "game play" is the same as the anime: Go figure out the mystery, that's all (although there are a few quirky omake games unrelated to the story).
Old 2006-07-08, 01:27   Link #74
LordKickass

I love how each chapters end seems to lead to a different conclusion as to what's really going on in Hinamizawa.

First arc leads you to believe that the Government or some outside group (the men in the white van) are the ones responsible for everything. Everything points to some kind of conspiracy.

The second arc leads you to believe in human influence as the perpatrator. The Yakuza and the sonozaki family are the ones pulling all the strings.

The third arc leads you to believe in the supernatural aspect of the mystery. Keiichi's so called "divine power" and the curse of oyashiro-sama were the most likely suspects in this arc.

It's so hard to come up with a possible conclusion when they lead you in so many different directions but that's the fun part
Old 2006-07-10, 03:13   Link #75
Cnile

remember in the beginiing of episode 5 where Rika was stabbing herself? think that has to do with Rika's death in episode 13?
Old 2006-07-10, 03:20   Link #76
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnile
remember in the beginiing of episode 5 where Rika was stabbing herself? think that has to do with Rika's death in episode 13?
All evidence points to NO.
Spoiler:

But one thing that is certain, Rika must have messed up in the Watanagishi festival and she is being punished for it.
Old 2006-07-26, 14:34   Link #77
Hunter Nin.

Hmm I only just got up to this episode and it might have been the final nail in the coffin for me... I'd been slowly put off this series as everyone is just completely psycho and I really find the supernatural elements to the story unsatisfactory. I mean all the events can either be down to some kind of mental problem or the supernatural; how can you solve a mystery like that? Nearly everyone in the series is as fucked up as the other and they lost the shock value of those schizo outbursts long ago. I really wish I picked up the game instead, do you think it's worth carrying on with the series (considering that so much isn't included in the anime are we even supposed to be able to come to a conclusion from it)? The first to fourth episodes I really enjoyed and I think they would have been fine by themselves if they just added in all the important details from other chapters (eg. Shion and history of the village) then gave us a conclusion, I don't get why we need to see all these alternate routes. Also, out of all of the chapters is any considered to be the one true route which actually happened or are they all just possibilities - or do they all happen? As in the characters are forced to live through the festival over and over?
Old 2006-09-29, 17:26   Link #78
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
I was rewatching the episode and I noticed something... Weird.

... Does that kid look like a tiny Keiichi or am I just seeing things?

(I'm not implying that Keiichi used to live in Hinamizawa or anything with this, cause while an interesting theory that would be, I just don't see it happening; Im just wondering )
Old 2010-02-20, 01:25   Link #79
OkamiNoKaze

Wow, interesting ending, K1 actually survived this chapter. As usual left more questions then it answered, I agree with the comparison to the Fatal Frame games especially the second one, and the Lost series. Oh, and my god poor Rika, was not expecting that, Glad I wasn't the only one yelling at K1 for dropping the ax in the blood and then picking it back up. As far as the bridge, I wondered if it wasn't one of Satako's famous traps, maybe loose support wire