AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 33 24.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 38.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 21.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 8.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.24%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.49%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-21, 01:57   Link #201
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Toradora! - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Toradorians only)

Novel readers, when you have a doubt about the parallelism anime/novels, and need to confirm it with your companions, please use the above thread. It's there for that purpose solely.
Even if the anime won't mention certain events, it remains the fact that they weren't shown, and we don't we if it's "they weren't shown yet" or "they weren't shown comma " .

This thread is for anime discussion only. I've only deleted posts for this time, but I will be less lenient if I see speculating novel posts in this and in the future episode threads again.
Old 2009-02-21, 02:09   Link #202
FeDeR

Actually I think Taiga already got the idea that she loves Ryuuji more than somebody else, and this explains why she speaks so freely to Kitamura in last episode - it is because she is sure about who she loves, but at the same point she is not sure what Ryuuji is feeling to her (me either) so for her this last attempt to get Minorin to be with Ryuuji is also way to find out what he feels to her. As for Ami, I think she is character who will push Ryuuji to get closer with Taiga. And this is her role in serial I think. Because all situations with Taiga, Ryuuji and Ami participation are getting Taiga and Ryuuji closer. So we will see some fun in next episode and it will remove little shadow from final of ToraDora! . I expect 25 episode to be extremely cool even better than 19th. And i really think that Ryuuji will stay with Taiga or with Minorin and Taiga will play role of their "Kodomo". But everythink speaks that he will stay with Taiga....

Also in her talk to Kitamura in the beginning she speaks about Ryuuji so sensitively that I think Taiga loves him not only as "Brother" '' Father'' or smth. It really points tht she fell in love with him... It will be a pity if they wll end up separate

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-02-21 at 03:04. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2009-02-21, 02:15   Link #203
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

I really liked this episode!

Finally some of that charm from the earlier episodes! Too much gloom and doom in the last episode.

Also deserving Minorin and Ryuuji interaction...muwhahaha.

That is all.
Old 2009-02-21, 02:18   Link #204
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
I don't know exactly what the last episodes will bring but we probably won't be getting much if any development for Ami. It's unfortunate as she's an interesting character who could have been used more in the story. Not that I'm shipping (some posters seem to be sensitive about this) but it's a missed/wasted opportunity.
She has a specific role to play and she's playing it.

Characters like her are only interesting BECAUSE they're side characters, I might note. I really don't think Ami could be a truly main character...

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-02-21 at 03:23. Reason: removed off topic parts
Old 2009-02-21, 02:32   Link #205
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I don't think that's it, she was being mean to him even before she heard about the plan to have him hook up with Minori on the trip. Plus she seems to actually be angry at him for real ("I hope you're the only one that gets hurt.").
I wonder does she mean herself as much as Taiga and Minorin?
Old 2009-02-21, 02:38   Link #206
FeDeR

Nah she is not ) she is just waiting her chance) She knows Ryuuji will reject her now) And as it was said she is side char who helps ryuuji to get along with Taiga) She always make them closer)
Old 2009-02-21, 04:09   Link #207
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuou View Post
Do you mean you don't understand what she was trying to say back at the gym storage room, or you don't understand her approach with Ryuji? I don't think she's being stupid, just scared or rather reserved. She doesn't see that she has a chance so she doesn't want to put herself out there and risk getting hurt.
I don't think that's it at all. She's trying to teach Ryuuji something, because his delusions are getting everyone hurt - even before Christmas, it was already happening to Minori, and then it got to Taiga and Ryuji himself. The problem is that she doesn't think telling him straight out is going to help any. It's just going to push him further into denial.

So she hints. And he doesn't get it. And she gets frustrated. Really, she wants him to face his own feelings. For Taiga, for Minori. So everyone gets out of it as painlessly as possible. And if he could realize she's the best for him, it'd be a nice bonus. But that's secondary.
Old 2009-02-21, 04:17   Link #208
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What delusions? Liking a girl for a fairly long time? Is that a delusion, now?

Old 2009-02-21, 04:32   Link #209
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That he doesn't have any kind of romantic feelings for Taiga. Or she for him.
Old 2009-02-21, 05:09   Link #210
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Unfortunately for your perception of events, the plot says otherwise.
Old 2009-02-21, 05:23   Link #211
FeDeR

I donno about Ruyji if he has but Taiga definitely will be agree to be his girlfriend. As for him I can't say about romantic feelings but it is clear that Taiga is most important girl in his life, especially because he is doing last attempt to get minori confess mostly because Taiga sacrifices his guardiance to help him. So i think author is now getting him to decide who he likes most and who he will choose
Old 2009-02-21, 07:45   Link #212
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How can a person be delusional about something they haven't even acknowledged, yet? This whole delusional, dense, whatever harem-male-lead characteristics people normally tend to throw around about some types of series doesn't really apply to this one.

Of course
he has feelings for Taiga. But he hasn't really thought about it, as of now. How can that mean he has "delusions", I still don't know...

Old 2009-02-21, 08:35   Link #213
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
How can a person be delusional about something they haven't even acknowledged, yet? This whole delusional, dense, whatever harem-male-lead characteristics people normally tend to throw around about some types of series doesn't really apply to this one.

Of course
he has feelings for Taiga. But he hasn't really thought about it, as of now. How can that mean he has "delusions", I still don't know...
Refering to Ryūji, his tunnel vision for Minorin while caring more for Taiga seems pretty delusional to me, this imbalance between his conscious liking for Minorin and, I dare say, 'real' feelings for Taiga buried in his subconsciousness has always been striking. It's almost the exact mirror of recent Taiga - Kitamura development, she can now easily talk to him for she is now (watch out, cheesy description) feeling with her heart not with her head anymore as opposed to Ryūji who has yet to take this step.
Old 2009-02-21, 08:53   Link #214
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The point is: he has to make that first step of noticing his feelings, if they're even there (I happen to think they are, but not everyone sees this as so). No matter how you (in general) feel, he hasn't acknowledged his feelings for Taiga, yet. If he had, I'd have no problem with categorizing him as delusional. As it stands, now? Not so much...

The guy has a crush, people. Probably the first he's ever had. Give him a break, will ya?

Old 2009-02-21, 09:22   Link #215
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The point is: he has to make that first step of noticing his feelings, if they're even there (I happen to think they are, but not everyone sees this as so). No matter how you (in general) feel, he hasn't acknowledged his feelings for Taiga, yet. If he had, I'd have no problem with categorizing him as delusional. As it stands, now? Not so much...

The guy has a crush, people. Probably the first he's ever had. Give him a break, will ya?
Since there's a broad range of meaning for the term delusion from let's say misinterpretation to madness i even dare to say every crush is a delusion for it is usually not based on reason which is not bad at all though. You probably have delusion as something negative in mind which often can be the case but it can come with a neutral meaning as well, that's why i wanted to show why one could say he's delusional, in a very human and natural way, no citizism involved.
Old 2009-02-21, 10:12   Link #216
Fran~
floating away...

Fellas... please, try to read this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Toradora! - Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Toradorians only)

Novel readers, when you have a doubt about the parallelism anime/novels, and need to confirm it with your companions, please use the above thread. It's there for that purpose solely.
Even if the anime won't mention certain events, it remains the fact that they weren't shown, and we don't we if it's "they weren't shown yet" or "they weren't shown comma " .

This thread is for anime discussion only. I've only deleted posts for this time, but I will be less lenient if I see speculating novel posts in this and in the future episode threads again.
That's why i posted about to be away from the forums to the people who doesn't read the novel.

Seriously...
Old 2009-02-21, 10:14   Link #217
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeDeR View Post
...Spoilers...
You should remove spoiler from the novel from this thread, if you want to know why then read the first post of this thread or this one -> http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=201

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2009-02-21 at 10:29.
Old 2009-02-21, 10:14   Link #218
Fran~
floating away...

You must edit that too (remove the quote).
Old 2009-02-21, 10:15   Link #219
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

FeDeR, I'd advise you to not throw around novel spoilers so freely, like that. You'll get told by a mod and spoil the fun for some people.

And Waven, I'd have to disagree with you. A delusion is a (fixed) belief in something that is false - and please, let's leave all the psycho/neurological discussion for another time, shall we?
How can we say that some feelings are more true than others, with a mere cursory glance? If we can fool ourselves, how can we be sure of other people's feelings? That's all I have to say on the subject, really...

Old 2009-02-21, 10:28   Link #220
Fran~
floating away...

IMHO, feelings arent true or false... they just exist or not exist.