AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-02, 14:13   Link #41
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

I really liked the animation style of Hantsuki and looking at the promo of SNB, the style looks good too,

the Shinigami, Momo, looks just perfect, very cute (not as cute as the manga covers tho) but with a stern expression that shows the seriuosness of her 'job' , the magical cat, daniel, looks pretty good too,
Old 2006-03-02, 14:32   Link #42
Spuffy
オウカ~

Allthough I did like Hantsuki, it felt compressed compared to the novels which I read prior watching the show. Having one episode cover just one chapter instead of a whole volume was better in that aspect. Then again those novels are very different. One is epic and the other episodic.
The first episode covered the second chapter of the first volume. I really don't have any complaints except for Ai Shimuzu being in the cast. I've never been particulary fond of her, and her nasal mode really annoys me. Akiko Kobayashi did a good job voicing Momo though.
This was and is a given show.
Old 2006-03-02, 17:21   Link #43
Kawool
地獄女

Send a message via MSN to Kawool
Personally i prefer Hantsuki artwork...and well even if its not chibi, it obvious main characters are younger in SnB.
But i definetely love the opening song and Daniel is so adorable .. i wont spoil for now.
I've made mp3 rips of the op n end but not sure bout Animesuki's policy bout it so just try to think harder about where to find them
Old 2006-03-02, 17:45   Link #44
ash_bh
ケロロ

Looks like another romantic story with a little bit of drama ..... well I'll check the first episode ... maybe it'll be good .
Old 2006-03-02, 18:03   Link #45
setsuka

Momento already has screenshots of the first episodes now. It looks really nice. I wish I can see it now
Old 2006-03-02, 18:08   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved episode 1. Especially, especially, especially Saitou Chiwa as Mai. Chiwa has the chops. I've never heard this character from her before.

They told the story clearly and simply, but with depth. Vastly superior to Jigoku Shoujo, for me. But maybe that's just because I like the attitude better.

The animation was not outstanding, but it was very good, just as that of Hantsuki was. The emotions came across well. Manga almost always has better character design than anime. That's just how it is. I think it has to do with having to enable a large number of people to draw the same thing. It has to be a bit homogenized.

Kobayashi Akiko as Momo was good, too, although more for the interesting quality of her voice than for how she used it. The charmingly dead voice is pretty similar to what we heard from her as Kisa in the under-appreciated Zettai Shounen. I'm a big fan of Shimizu Ai, but not for the role of Daniel, yet. Maybe I just don't like the know-it-all animal sidekick meme.

As for Kouta, he was good, too. But I'm not sure who the seiyuu is. It was supposed to be Kaneda Tomoko, but the end credits named a different Kaneda. I'll try to find out if it's an alias she used for some reason.

EDIT: It's actually Kanada Akiyo 金田晶代. See this post.

One negative comment: I really loathe the subtitle "Momo the girl god of death." Maybe it sounds all right to someone who doesn't really know English, but the feeling is all wrong for this anime. Sounds more like a B horror flick or a send-up.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-03-06 at 15:57.
Old 2006-03-02, 20:38   Link #47
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I loved episode 1. Especially, especially, especially Saitou Chiwa as Mai. Chiwa has the chops. I've never heard this character from her before.
I guess she'll only be in this one episode though.

I like the concept, but I have a feeling there wont be much continuity between episodes,
and that since the main character doesnt get to spend much time on screen, we wont get to know her much...

I gave up on Jigokushoujou, but ill give this a try...
Old 2006-03-02, 20:57   Link #48
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I guess she'll only be in this one episode though. I like the concept, but I have a feeling there wont be much continuity between episodes,
and that since the main character doesnt get to spend much time on screen, we wont get to know her much... I gave up on Jigokushoujou, but ill give this a try...
It's all true. I gave up on it, too, despite the pretty pictures and Noto-Kawaii. Here's hoping the main character here has a bit bigger role to play than she did in the first ep. I loved the ending, though, where she was it.

Over on 2channel, opinion is split. Some people like the atmosphere and the moeness, but not the animation. Several people, though, specifically said they preferred this to Hantsuki. Chiwa and Kobayashi Akiko both get their share of praise, especially the latter.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2006-03-03, 12:13   Link #49
lavielove

Spoiler:

Last edited by lavielove; 2006-03-03 at 12:29.
Old 2006-03-03, 12:42   Link #50
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-03, 13:00   Link #51
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-03, 19:37   Link #52
Tenson
"Hakuna Matata" Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Tenson Send a message via AIM to Tenson Send a message via Yahoo to Tenson
another great series

Media Works and wowow are really incredible with their line up this year so far The whole mood of Shinigami is so bitter-sweet but yet somehow playful. As Kaoru Chujo said, this is almost a completely different experience from Jigoku Shoujo. I guess you can almost say that they're on two sides of a coin. Jigoku went with the dark/evil-ish series while Momo is the light/bittersweet approach.

Overall, I really like this series so far and highly recommend it to those who don't like the darker mood of Jigoku
Old 2006-03-03, 22:47   Link #53
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-04, 06:29   Link #54
GokuJunior

Send a message via MSN to GokuJunior
So... there are 2 fansubs for now... which one do you like the most? Kuroneko or C1Anime release? And there's still The Triad release left at least...
I want to download one, which one do you recommend and why?
Old 2006-03-04, 06:35   Link #55
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
So... there are 2 fansubs for now... which one do you like the most? Kuroneko or C1Anime release? And there's still The Triad release left at least...
I want to download one, which one do you recommend and why?
Personal favourite will be from Kuroneko coz I like the way Kuroneko translated Hantsuki and also quite fast.Actually the more,better because even though one of the subs take a rest for awhile we are still on track and can catch up.
Old 2006-03-04, 07:24   Link #56
NeoSam

MediaWorks site for Shinigami no Ballad:
http://www.mediaworks.co.jp/contents/momo/index.php

Volume 8 of the seinen novel Shinigami no Ballad will be released on 10/3/2006 (March 10th, 2006), here's the cover of it:

So cute Moeeeeeeee~~~ LOL

The cover will be added with the rest of the covers of the seinen novel in the first post of this thread (when I find a little bigger image >.<)
Old 2006-03-04, 07:39   Link #57
techiet
Shiori~

Send a message via AIM to techiet Send a message via MSN to techiet
Oh man, the covers looks so nice <3~
And I'm not sure about which fansub to choose either...
Download c1's version right now, already got KuroNeko's...hmm...
Old 2006-03-04, 09:06   Link #58
Lothar

So the shinigami is eventually defeated, people can finally become immortal, and we colonize the outer planets to deal with the population explosion, right?

Because if this is another anime that crams the "death is bittersweet, it makes life have meaning, you should ultimately want the ability to die, so don't lament death" line down my throat after 5 1/2 years of watching anime, I'll pass.
Old 2006-03-04, 09:11   Link #59
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i cant say i liked episode #1, it wasnt what i was expecting and wasnt welcome either.

what is with all these japanese producers making kid shows with all the tragic death scenes? even starting with episode 1? thats just silly. needs more pokemon on SAT mornings.

or was this show supposed to be aimed at all the pedophile cat girl fanatics out there?
Old 2006-03-04, 09:49   Link #60
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

How many times did you watch cartoons at 12:30 AM on a school night when you were a kid?
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, fantasy, shounen