AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-11, 10:49   Link #23361
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
The impression given is that Zero copied them off Fate with the reference there.
Ah. No, I'm running with the idea that not every device is necessarily unique and there will be some forms that are especially popular among different device-users (I seem to recall seeing multiple Raising Heart clones among the Arthra's strike team late in Classic). Magical plasma blades in general are referred to as "zamber" blades, and Wily used this design as Zero's primary weapon. I borrowed this idea from Mahou Shonen Enforcer Chrono, making it possibly the only concept I've seen in that fic that I would ever use in one of my own.

Quote:
Point to me one device that has been shown to be connected to a linker core by circuitry.
Well, not through circuitry per se, but virtually every intelligent device has displayed the ability to draw power from the LC. Obvious examples include the autocast spells and Mach Caliber's epic save against Ginga.

As for your earlier point of the LC's lack of corporeality... well I've stated before that the LC is what anchors the spirit to the body, now I'm theorizing that as such it exists on both the physical and astral planes. This is how it can be considered an organ yet be incorporeal. Zero's circuitry is linked to his physical core, and is only connected to his spiritual core by proxy.

Quote:
And the limits of it? What can it do and what can it not do?
See, this is what happens when you post right before you go to class: you rush yourself and don't put enough thought into your answers.

Zero's AI core is limited to the standard functions of your typical storage device, including magic processing and storage of electronic media. Zero's core is also linked to his home M2D (those holographic computer terminals that pop up everywhere in StrikerS), so he can access any important files stored on it at any time without bringing up a user interface. So no, picking apart the Belka system just by sparring with Signum wouldn't be possible.

Let me rephrase my answer to your previous question: by "picking up" the Ancient Belka system through sparring with Signum, I mean that Zero is analyzing Signum's fighting style (melee with magic-enhanced attacks), picking apart its' strengths and weaknesses, and deciding to adopt a similar combat style rather than going with Mid-Childa and its' ranged attacks. Actually learning Ancient Belka is done through rote study and lots of practice.

Quote:
The energy to power an IS obviously does not come from a linker core, otherwise the Numbers ISes would be fizzling out under AMF.
So far as I can tell, the ISs are--for all intents and purposes--identical to the genetic traits of other characters in StrikerS, like Acous and Vivio. The only difference is that the Numbers use power supplies to artificially boost the strength of their skills. Ergo, if Zero gained some sort of power supply and figured out how to hook it up to his LC, he could do the same thing, but for now, he's only working with what he's got.

Folks, I'd be perfectly happy to drop this power if someone could suggest an alternate method of letting Zero harness the elements for his attacks.

...hold that thought, I just remembered MMZ's element chips.

*Goes back to the drawing board*

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 11:36   Link #23362
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Inherent Equipment: Beam Sabers
Zero’s signature weapons. The designs of these weapons are based on zamber-type melee weapons such as Fate Testarossa’s Riot Zamber. Zero uses these weapons more than any other in his arsenal, and is highly skilled with them.

As Wily intended for the beam sabers to be Zero’s primary weapons, he put extra effort into making them as formidable as possible. To this end, Wily spent a considerable amount of time developing a special “element chip”, which he installed in both of Zero’s beam sabers. When Zero channels magic into his beam sabers, the chip enables him to alter that magic into one of three elemental effects: fire, ice, or lightning. The chips function similarly to finely-tuned elemental devices such as Durandal, but are considerably weaker than such specialized devices, and can only use the mana charge to enhance the weapon they are tuned to; full elemental spellcasting is impossible without an elemental affinity for one of the three elements, which Zero does not have.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 11:47   Link #23363
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Only Five spells huh? Yes it seems more than sufficient for her needs for some reason...

Well, she could probably knock out most enemies with HYPER CAST OFF if she wanted to

*RUNS FASTER THAN LUDICROUS SPEED*
Evangeline: ... *Clock Ups and punts Lowe into the air*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
We've got the Plaguelands, then SpaceBrotha's Frozen Core and ZT40, then your Karazhan...

...logical progression much?

*begins opening Dark Portal to let the Orcs in from what's left of Alhazred*
So the Dark Portal now is a giant Lost Logia to connect worlds?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Yes, we're definitely gonna need raid heals, for both ZT40 and Kara.

I believe they are here to farm badges.

Though I'm surprised Rein counted as 1 person, instead of a half-person, or attached to Hayate in her doll slot.
Or maybe they need more Violet Rep to start treaty negotiations.

Quote:
Welcome to 10-man Karazhan, the Ivory Tower, which after Eva pointed out, is a far more accurate comparison of the Lich's tower than the pre-BC 40-man raid.

Does the Lich like operas?
Maybe some...Romeo and Juliet or Little Red Riding Hood...or maybe come Wizard of OZ?

*RUNS*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Rider Kick is a must for any and all Kamen Rider-esque OC, and I see that Eva-chan is no exception.

And does this mean we get to see Eva-chan purging her Barrier Jacket a lot?

*runs faster than the speed of sound*
Evangeline: *mumbles something about infestation of perverts before using Clock Up to catch up and Rider Kick USB*

Quote:
I wonder if I can use this for Rebuilt...
Spoiler for CHOU GINGA!!!:
...Ideas...?
How did I know they you would want to do something with that image?
Old 2008-04-11, 12:47   Link #23364
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Ah. No, I'm running with the idea that not every device is necessarily unique and there will be some forms that are especially popular among different device-users (I seem to recall seeing multiple Raising Heart clones among the Arthra's strike team late in Classic). Magical plasma blades in general are referred to as "zamber" blades, and Wily used this design as Zero's primary weapon. I borrowed this idea from Mahou Shonen Enforcer Chrono, making it possibly the only concept I've seen in that fic that I would ever use in one of my own.
That's a given since practicality goes a long way in application. And the RH clones are just probably the mass produced versions of the average mage staff the mid grunts would use, long before RH became famous(?).

Quote:
Well, not through circuitry per se, but virtually every intelligent device has displayed the ability to draw power from the LC. Obvious examples include the autocast spells and Mach Caliber's epic save against Ginga.

As for your earlier point of the LC's lack of corporeality... well I've stated before that the LC is what anchors the spirit to the body, now I'm theorizing that as such it exists on both the physical and astral planes. This is how it can be considered an organ yet be incorporeal. Zero's circuitry is linked to his physical core, and is only connected to his spiritual core by proxy.
Actually all devices have the ability to pull mana from the LCs, taken from the direction that the device pulls it in rather than from the mage's end.

A suggestion that the system emulates device in mana pulling, the system taking a active role in drawing out the mana rather than actively connected to and collecting the mana.

Quote:
See, this is what happens when you post right before you go to class: you rush yourself and don't put enough thought into your answers.

Zero's AI core is limited to the standard functions of your typical storage device, including magic processing and storage of electronic media. Zero's core is also linked to his home M2D (those holographic computer terminals that pop up everywhere in StrikerS), so he can access any important files stored on it at any time without bringing up a user interface. So no, picking apart the Belka system just by sparring with Signum wouldn't be possible.

Let me rephrase my answer to your previous question: by "picking up" the Ancient Belka system through sparring with Signum, I mean that Zero is analyzing Signum's fighting style (melee with magic-enhanced attacks), picking apart its' strengths and weaknesses, and deciding to adopt a similar combat style rather than going with Mid-Childa and its' ranged attacks. Actually learning Ancient Belka is done through rote study and lots of practice.
That clears up any questions from that end.

Quote:
So far as I can tell, the ISs are--for all intents and purposes--identical to the genetic traits of other characters in StrikerS, like Acous and Vivio. The only difference is that the Numbers use power supplies to artificially boost the strength of their skills. Ergo, if Zero gained some sort of power supply and figured out how to hook it up to his LC, he could do the same thing, but for now, he's only working with what he's got.

Folks, I'd be perfectly happy to drop this power if someone could suggest an alternate method of letting Zero harness the elements for his attacks.

*Goes back to the drawing board*
Emulation of Rare Skills does draw some lines there, and others elsewhere, in that that's all an IS can provide: a single skill.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-11, 15:02   Link #23365
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just an announcement: I just got back from the hospital. My grandmother (mom's side) died 2 hours ago.

I won't be on Outer Cadia for a while. All haxbusting and fic writing is temporarily on hold.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-11, 15:06   Link #23366
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just an announcement: I just got back from the hospital. My grandmother (mom's side) died 2 hours ago.

I won't be on Outer Cadia for a while. All haxbusting and fic writing is temporarily on hold.
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear that . Take as much time as you need. Family comes first! God bless and my condolences to you and your family.
Old 2008-04-11, 15:10   Link #23367
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
What Eva said. Take as long as you need, Goose. Zero and the rest can wait until you're finished dealing with real life. Sorry to hear about that.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 15:15   Link #23368
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

I know how you feel, take a breather, rest, and recover. We'll be waiting.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:21   Link #23369
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Okay Testing out a ReBuilt OC.

Spoiler for Kirika Ver. 2.0 Trial:

Initial R&R please

====

Coming Soon:

"Apharmd" and "Angelan"

*goes back to work*
Hm, not bad so far. I see you really took that Fei-Yen thing seriously.

Like the weapon, skills don't look bad so far.

So what do you use to make those weapon images? I could use something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
*pops in*

Reeeaaally busy at the moment, deadlines are coming in and we need to get stuff done now.

Anyway, Rebuilt of Uomo is coming along nicely. I overhauled his apearance, and am searching for more source material of the image that I thought fit him perfectly. Not to mention the source shares some of his characteristics as well... I also changed his personallity to be less me and more Uomo (then again, he was like that from the beginning. Hence why I couldn't write with him) I'm now down to his past, which is the real stumbleblock. I need to find a good way to explain how and why he is with LEGION even though the TSAB most likely knows of his existence, being a Type-0.
Umm..I don't remember Uomo...sorry...*shrinks*

So, do I get to know what LEGION is anytime soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I've been jumping into the firezone of Ion Canons since I created Keroko. I did so again when I created Tesla, and again I placed myself in a potentional hazard zone with Syn. As long as you play your cards right, you can make your characters intergration sound realistic.
See, your miniature alter-ego controls the Ion Canon, so I don't get why you're so worried here.

Quote:
I wonder if I can use this for Rebuilt...
Spoiler for CHOU GINGA!!!:
...Ideas...?
Ah yes, I just saw that nice piece of work.

Quote:

Oh...I'm sorry. I guess you're not gonna read this for a bit, but accept what little I can offer anyway.
Old 2008-04-11, 17:47   Link #23370
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Time for a little backstory on the Riders...

Spoiler for Masked Rider System:
Old 2008-04-11, 18:14   Link #23371
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Nice. I like it :3

*Trips Shamsel before leaving him to Ryoutaro's wrath*
Old 2008-04-11, 20:12   Link #23372
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

I agree.

*starts summoning Mayura*
Old 2008-04-11, 21:14   Link #23373
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Alright PF here you go Cipher mostly finished Profile, the history will be filled in soon:
Spoiler for Cipher:

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-04-12 at 04:06.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:24   Link #23374
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
According to Wily’s datalogs, Zero was completed shortly after the beginning of the Jail Scaglietti incident. When word reached Wily that his old partner had created his own versions of his greatest creation, he became overwhelmed with the desire to prove that Zero was the greatest of all cyborgs, and set about programming a virus designed to shut down Jail’s creations. Due to its’ similarities with a similar virus encountered among automatons on Non-Administered world #106, this virus has been dubbed “The Maverick Virus” by Shario Finieno of Section Six.

Wily intended for Zero to spread the virus to any cyborg he might encounter, and programmed this Geas into an AI core he installed in the helmet of Zero’s armor. But upon activating Zero for the first time, the virus activated itself, taking control of Zero’s body and sending him on a rampage through Wily’s lab, killing Wily and severely damaging approximately 50% of Wily’s fortress. Luckily, Wily’s mainframe computer and most of his more critical data was unharmed by Zero’s rampage, which continued unabated out into the mountain ranges, as Zero made a beeline for the nearest settlement; Kranagan city, nearly 300 km away.
Probably not very important, but the virus spreads only to cyborgs?

What about computer programs, devices, etc.? Doesn't it spread to Signum, who's supposed to be part of a program as well?

Quote:
Powers
Most of Zero’s power can be attributed to his construction; Wily’s technique of crafting Zero using biomechanical parts allowed him to artificially strengthen Zero’s body to the point where his strength and endurance is indistinguishable from any other cyborg. Despite being labeled as a combat cyborg, however, only about 10% of Zero’s body is actually mechanical; almost all of it is composed of strengthened biological components, making Zero much closer in structure to a homunculus than to a true cyborg.
"Strengthened biological components" struck me as rather oversimplified. Does it mean the "biometal" in his body? How do you strengthen them, using what material, and what's the difference? While it doesn't have to go into molecular specificity, these things may be important determinant.

Quote:
Zero’s magical education can be considered sub-par at best. Prior to his encounter with Signum, Zero knew nothing about magic, and was forced to piece together a rough idea of how to cast spells during his time with RF6. Information and tutorials drawn from RF6’s computer system helped greatly with this, but Zero remains a self-taught mage with many holes in his education. His usage of the Ancient Belka system is equally self-taught, something Zero picked up from sparring with Signum and Vita.
Learning Ancient Belkan magic, and using it? There is the more refined Modern Belkan system which could be learned rather effectively for one such as Zero, a good example being Subaru herself. Why not Modern Belka, then?

Ancient Belkan magic is supposed to be an extinct form of magic that's currently reserved to a select few of canon characters (because of their genetic traits or devices), and Zero learning it sends an unpleasant thought my way that he might have hacked into their system.

(Note: I've read your reply to Tormenk regarding this matter, and this question still stands.)

Quote:

Or you can just drop the element-harnessing capability.

Element chips, mm? And how do you intend to "insert" elemental powers into the chips?

Quote:

My condolences.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:39   Link #23375
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

More character porting ideas!

--Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade), maiden of the Saint Church, and Chrono, her faithful Unison device
--Lagoon Company (Black Lagoon), a group of interdimensional "delivery agents" who work in the wild sectors beyond the TSAB's reach.
--The Rozen Maiden (Rozen Maiden), seven unison devices constructed by a legendary device meister during the closing days of the Belkan/Mid-Childan war.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-11, 21:57   Link #23376
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Probably not very important, but the virus spreads only to cyborgs?
Yep. Wily's only looking to off the cyborgs, not spread an unstoppable plague across Mid-Childa's computer systems/devices/etc.

Quote:
"Strengthened biological components" struck me as rather oversimplified. Does it mean the "biometal" in his body? How do you strengthen them, using what material, and what's the difference?
Detail-oriented, aren't we? I figured that since Wily is essentially manufacturing his own human, he can customize the body as he wishes using techniques I borrowed from the SPARTAN-II project to serve as a reference, since I'm not a med student. Enhancements include:

Carbide ceramic ossification: The grafting of advanced materials onto the skeletal structure to make bones almost unbreakable (This'd be the biometal).
Muscular enhancement injections: An intra-muscular injection of a protein complex to increase tissue density and decrease lactose recovery time.
Occipital capillary reversal: Increased blood vessel flow beneath the rods and cones of the retina. Increases visual perception.

And yes, I know the SPARTAN-II project had a high failure rate; that's what the defunct bodies I mentioned in Zero's bio were.

Quote:
Learning Ancient Belkan magic, and using it? There is the more refined Modern Belkan system which could be learned rather effectively for one such as Zero, a good example being Subaru herself. Why not Modern Belka, then?
Because Modern Belka always struck me as the "in between" magic system, combining Mid's ranged combat and Belka's melee. Ancient Belka is better for Zero's purposes since almost all of his spells are intended for melee combat, so unless there's a fanon precedent around here somewhere that fleshes out the MB system, I'm sticking with Ancient Belka.

Quote:
Ancient Belkan magic is supposed to be an extinct form of magic that's currently reserved to a select few of canon characters (because of their genetic traits or devices), and Zero learning it sends an unpleasant thought my way that he might have hacked into their system.
Possibly, but not by a conscious choice.

Quote:
Or you can just drop the element-harnessing capability.
Nope. Too many of Zero's in-game abilities involve elemental manipulation for me to just blow this off.

Quote:
Element chips, mm? And how do you intend to "insert" elemental powers into the chips?
*Points several posts back*

Quote:
The chips function similarly to finely-tuned elemental devices such as Durandal, but are considerably weaker than such specialized devices, and can only use the mana charge to enhance the weapon they are tuned to; full elemental spellcasting is impossible without an elemental affinity for one of the three elements, which Zero does not have.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-04-11 at 22:07. Reason: Elaborated on second answer
Old 2008-04-11, 22:06   Link #23377
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

--Rosette Christopher (Chrono Crusade), maiden of the Saint Church, and Chrono, her faithful Unison device
--Lagoon Company (Black Lagoon), a group of interdimensional "delivery agents" who work in the wild sectors beyond the TSAB's reach.
--The Rozen Maiden (Rozen Maiden), seven unison devices constructed by a legendary device meister during the closing days of the Belkan/Mid-Childan war.
1 and 3 has been done before, but looking forward to Lagoon guns-without-bullets-craziness.
Old 2008-04-11, 22:17   Link #23378
Tormenk

Quote:

My condolences.

Quote:

Nice little piece of backstory.

Quote:

I suggest 3's focus to be on the device meister than the devices, though that makes it kind of moot.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-11, 22:24   Link #23379
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
Hm, not bad so far. I see you really took that Fei-Yen thing seriously.
Well it is an idea...

coupled with good images = win

Quote:
Like the weapon, skills don't look bad so far.
Thanks

Quote:
So what do you use to make those weapon images? I could use something like that.
it's called MS Paint.

*heads back to the laboratory*
Old 2008-04-11, 22:37   Link #23380
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
I suggest 3's focus to be on the device meister than the devices, though that makes it kind of moot.
Oh, I posted those ideas just as general thoughts that others might like to use. I've already got a few more characters lined up after Zero. In order of priority:

Rico Sawara
Everyone's favorite utterly-broken LoN avatar, rewritten as a fire specialist/martial artist with a Kamina complex and a unison device: Nova, from the Magic Knights Rayearth anime. I had a eureka moment when I realized how much Rico's armor resembles Nova's Rune God, Regalia. Expect lots of speeches about the power of the human spirit ("This blazing spirit cannot be extinguished!"), lots of over-the-top humor potential (if pulled off right), and best of all, Ye Olde English thrown into his speech patterns at random moments for good measure! Wherefore shalt thou find a more worthy author avatar for yours truly?

Ciel Clearwater
Zero's current ward from the MMZero games. Plays an important role in the plot I'm hashing out for this set of characters, involving Dr Weil's bid for control of an LL that will give him godlike power. Possesses psychic abilities, precognition, and an Outlaw Star-style Caster, as well as a few other magical sidearms.

Nova
A character in her own right who plays the Simon to Rico's Kamina. Still needs work on her concept, but that's a good ways down the line.

Oh, and speaking of Novas...

TSAB Black-Ops agent Nova!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Closed Thread