AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 98 65.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 18.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.01%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.01%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 09:42   Link #61
Deathscyther

During this battle there was a blue aura around Yuji a few times. So I guess that the colour of Yuji's own flame is blue. Now that the Silver and SnH are gone, we can finally see his own flame.

The fuzetsu that SnH/Yuji cast a few episode back remained black though after SnH left Yuji. I guess that the colour didn't change because the spell had already been casted. It's not a spell you have to keep pouring new PoE in. Either that, or they forgot to change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpAyKeR View Post
The epilogue just a little confused me... I've read all the post here, but could someone explain me, how it is possible that Sakai was erased from the picture? He turned himself into the human (thanks go to Lamis for his reward - Grammatica), but did his parents and others have forgotten him forever? I do not get the epilogue's point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
I think it's suppose to be Yuji is a real existence rather than a human.

When you go to Xanadu all traces of your existence will be erased from earth.
It's only said that Yuji's not a torch anymore and that's he's a real existence now. He's not human. If he were to become human again, he wouldn't be able reach his goal (reaching this goal will probably take a long time) and spend eternity with Shana after all.

Also, he wasn't given an existence because of the spell Grammatica. Grammatica is Yuji's own spell (his barrier, super speed, etc). Spiral Organ probably used something we haven't seen before to make Yuji a real existence.

I don't think it's ever mentioned that all traces of your existence will be erased from earch when you go to Xanadu. Yuji was forgotten, because he willingly gave up his own existence when merging with SnH. Even after separating with SnH his existence supposedly didn't return. Maybe because the Yuji after separating with SnH is seen as a completely new existence. The only ones in this world who will remember Yuji are Kazumi, Margery, Eita, Satou and the flame haze/tomogara who know about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samplay2 View Post
Why Flame Haze go to Xanadu as well ?
Is there also a copy of the human in Xanadu ? It said that it was a perfect copy.
Shana went because Yuji went. She'll probably help him with his goal to make humans and tomogara coexist.

Wilhelmina went in order to raise the heir of the two worlds, Justus, there.

The 1200 flame haze went to Xanadu in order to make sure the tomogara won't disrupt the balance there.

Also remember that everyone, including the flame haze, were forced to hear Shaher's words. Some of the lines she said:
'with nothing to guard it, it will quickly disappear'
'However this new land you're creating...you are unknowingly headed to an end'.
'With new hopes, journey onwards to a new world. Plunge yourself in the rift along with the heir of the two worlds.'
'Seek it. A new being. Accept the new being.'

Since these words don't bode too wel, this is another good reason for them to go.

And yes, the humans are copied as well. It's a perfect copy of this world after all. Just Misaki City and everyone who was in Misaki City at the time of the creation weren't copied.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-25 at 11:32.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:45   Link #62
arkxkra
全力全開

final episode was well done, the final fight between Yuji and Shana kind of funny in some way, i mean full of emotion of love. Most important one is the KISS, finally after so many episode.

salute to Sydonay and maybe this is what he want? met with Hecate in the end.

Usually many series always end up with something missing in the ending yet i don't feel this in Shana F and it is just beautiful. Great job JC Staff, and great job to the author.

Happy to see this is the end but well I do feel sad and I will miss it (maybe time continue back with the novel ^^).

Thank for the great series adaption from JC Staff, Yashichiro Takahashi, and Noizi Ito. and thank you the song writer, singer and etc.

some question at the end:
- at the end, Shana and Alastor said Yuji is not a touch anymore but a human again? is that mean he will die early than Shana?
- the spiral king? so young and WHAT? a girl?
Old 2012-03-25, 10:04   Link #63
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's because it's not a romance story
but people keep thinking it's a romance story. So don't go and killing other illusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
2-3 people must be jealous of shana getting all the attention if they arent even posting why its painful
I also can't believe people vote 1 and 2 on this grand finale.

The final ending gives you satisfying feeling and a conclusive one that makes you feel that "right, this is the proper way to end it" or rather "this is how it should end" but maybe someone an word it better but it just felt right.

And really. I was in constant disappointment on JC staff and I'm looking at you ZnT (the horrors) but at least I get a great ending for Shana.
Old 2012-03-25, 10:21   Link #64
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post
During this battle there was a blue aura around Yuji a few times. So I guess that the colour of Yuji's own flame is blue. Now that the Silver and SnH are gone, we can finally see his own flame.
It's always been that color since the first season. At that time, J.C. decides to use this color as the flame of every torches.

I think Yuji's flame should be pale white since the one who devour his existence is Friagne.
Old 2012-03-25, 10:22   Link #65
bleakeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but people keep thinking it's a romance story. So don't go and killing other illusions

I also can't believe people vote 1 and 2 on this grand finale.

The final ending gives you satisfying feeling and a conclusive one that makes you feel that "right, this is the proper way to end it" or rather "this is how it should end" but maybe someone an word it better but it just felt right.

And really. I was in constant disappointment on JC staff and I'm looking at you ZnT (the horrors) but at least I get a great ending for Shana.
People are always really critical about the endings... Look at the Zero no Tsukaima f thread, the ratings are all over the place. Btw do the novels say anything about what Yuji has become? Is he like a King of Guze now or what :\
Old 2012-03-25, 10:59   Link #66
tsunade666

^probably close to a flame haze. His not a torch anymore but not a human. So the closest thing is flame haze. But it's a good thing because now he "exist"

he can stay with Shana for all eternal.
Old 2012-03-25, 11:30   Link #67
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
A well praise ending for Shakugan no Shana... truly a "moving" ending.... It really touched me... to the point it nearly made me cry... such a wonderful ending sealed with a kiss.... truly be one of the best animes of all time...
Old 2012-03-25, 12:15   Link #68
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Just perfect. Little sad to see it end, but it was great.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:39   Link #69
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
It's always been that color since the first season. At that time, J.C. decides to use this color as the flame of every torches.

I think Yuji's flame should be pale white since the one who devour his existence is Friagne.
I think that's just the colour of PoE that is used to create the torch. That's what a torch is after all, a body made of PoE with the memories/emotions of the human that was devoured.

I also think that the blue flame that Yuji showed this episode was a much darker shade of blue than the blue that's used for torches.

Spoiler for Colour of the flame of a torch:

Spoiler for Colour of Yuji's flame:

The colour of the flames one uses in battle is different for every person (Shana - crimson; Margery - purple/dark blue; Wilhelmina - pinkish; Pheles - amber; Friagne - white). This is the case with flame haze and tomogara, so why not torches?

I guess it is possible that all torches have the same colour, but I guess we can't really know for sure since we can't compare Yuji with anyone else. I don't know any other torch who fought using his flames. Tenmoku Ikko only used it's sword and I've never seen Johan fight.

For now, I'll just believe that this is Yuji's own colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
Btw do the novels say anything about what Yuji has become? Is he like a King of Guze now or what :\
If you want confirmation from the light novels, you'll have to go to the light novel thread.

Spiral Organ said that he'd do something about his worn-out body when he cast the spell on Azure, right? The body of a torch is made out of PoE. His torch body was probably damaged by the merge with SnH and the the Reiji Maigo (since it had to restore way too much PoE at midnight for the creation of Xanadu). So I think that Spiral Organ made a 'real' body for Yuji somehow. Since the body of a torch is made out of PoE, Yuji had to worry about his PoE running out every day. Without PoE he'd disappear. But if he were to get a 'real' body he wouldn't have to worry about this anymore.

I have a feeling that it's something akin to when Yuji was the substitute body of SnH. He has a real body (he could bleed, something he couldn't do as a torch), he doesn't have to worry about disappearing, but he's not alive.

Last edited by Deathscyther; 2012-03-25 at 14:53.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:53   Link #70
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The power of "Urusai" X3
Old 2012-03-25, 14:58   Link #71
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Well, at least Yoshida got the last words in the series. That should count for something. I guess. >_<
inb4 Kristen uses this as proof that Yuji ended up with Yoshida.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:43   Link #72
Anime-fan10

This was a great ending. I didn't think the first two seasons were good, but this season was good from beginning to end. The thing I liked about this ending was that there was closure w/ Yuji and Shana; they finally acted mature and confessed to one another, haha. Good series!
Old 2012-03-25, 15:57   Link #73
mykoolspam

Best series I have ever watched hands down
Wishing that it isnt really the end ..

Does anybody know if theres a name to the last song that was played?
Old 2012-03-25, 16:05   Link #74
liquidblueocean

Thank you Yashichiro Takahashi.
Thank you Noizi Ito.
Thank you JC Staff.

I've been having a great time in recent years.

Unfortunately I couldn't give a perfect 10 I got lost a bit during the whole war stuff, far more so than the whole Konoe Fumina thing. Maybe in the novels (can't read Japanese unfortunately) all these side-stories were great with the detail, but I got lost as the TV series normally focuses on Shana and Yuji growing together, which got forgotten.

With that ignored tho, thanks again! It's been inspirational to follow.

I guess it's time to finally leave this channel then too. So long everyone!
Old 2012-03-25, 16:34   Link #75
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleakeh View Post
People are always really critical about the endings... Look at the Zero no Tsukaima f thread, the ratings are all over the place.
True, but sometimes people are also alot forgiving because it's the ending. I'm certain that there are many people that have found faults in this episode, or the season at whole, but I'm certain they're also willing to look pass though faults on the account that this is the finale of finales

However this only comes from having a reasonable adaptation, ZnT on the other hand... That is well beyond being able to do justice to it's fans
Old 2012-03-25, 16:38   Link #76
Ec1ge
A true 灼眼のシャナ Shanite. :D

Subbed

Subbed

So I finally got to watch the subbed version and I'd like to say I'm glad I chose this series as my #1 of my entire "library".

Although I feel like an a** for posting another review, I loved:

- How Wilhelmina got so emotional and was also chosen to care for Justus (the Engaged Link's offspring)

- Lamies (or Leanan-Sidhe) got to finally get her lost treasure

- How Margery and Syndonay gave it their all when fighting in an epic final battle

& especially,

- Shana and Yuji's battle, confessions, and kiss. That was beautiful

I'm gonna miss this series in every way. Unlike other animes who chose to put fillers, too many side stories, or "characters" who no one will remember [*cough* Naruto and Bleach *cough* ],
Shakugan No Shana doesn't do that.
Like I said in my original review for the RAW version, I cried at the ending (again) when I realized the season was over.

Even if I watch other series, 灼眼のシャナ will still always remain my favorite above them all.

But just a few questions though:

- Even though Snake of Festival left Yuji and Yuji gained Grammatica, wouldn't he be able to almost recreate SoF's Dragontail, Black Flame Shooting powers, etc.?
(Cause if I remember, Grammatica can be transformed into any multiple Unrestricted Spells he wants it to be)

- What was the name of the song that played at the end?
(I really want it to complete my playlist of the entire 灼眼のシャナ OST on my iPod. xD)

EDIT:
- I found this series when I was "anime surfing" on random sites and stumbled upon this. Best thing to ever happen
Old 2012-03-25, 17:31   Link #77
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ec1ge View Post
But just a few questions though:

- Even though Snake of Festival left Yuji and Yuji gained Grammatica, wouldn't he be able to almost recreate SoF's Dragontail, Black Flame Shooting powers, etc.?
(Cause if I remember, Grammatica can be transformed into any multiple Unrestricted Spells he wants it to be)
I believe that the dragon tail was some kind of 'machine' which stopped functioning when Dantalion died. So he won't be able to use this anymore. The hair was cut off in the end anyways.

Yuji can't use the black flames since the black flame belongs to SnH. He can shoot flames of his own colour though. Remember how he was able to shoot silver flames back in season 2?

Grammatica is quite mysterious though. He's able to use it as a barrier and for super speed. I guess he'll find many other ways to use it for along the way.

Quote:
- What was the name of the song that played at the end?
(I really want it to complete my playlist of the entire 灼眼のシャナ OST on my iPod. xD)
Koubou (Beam of Light) by Mami Kawada.

Quote:
EDIT:
- I found this series when I was "anime surfing" on random sites and stumbled upon this. Best thing to ever happen
One of my friends made me watch the first episode. I'm so happy that she did now.

Quote:
Unlike other animes who chose to put fillers, too many side stories, or "characters" who no one will remember [*cough* Naruto and Bleach *cough* ],
Shakugan No Shana doesn't do that.
Ahem....final Arc of Season 1, the first two episodes of season 2, the Konoe Fumina arc, the final Arc of season 2. These 'fillers' were connected to the main plot though (for the most part), so I didn't really mind. They were quite good actually. I think they made the Konoe Fumina arc too long though.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:33   Link #78
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a very well-done ending.

I won't lie. Some of the explanations and in-universe mechanics of this episode escaped me, as they also have in some recent episodes. There were some elements that I didn't quite get.

But this ending soars spectacularly strong in one key area: Much unlike the Guilty Crown ending, the Shana III ending implicitly knows what its viewers want at a basic emotional level, and it delivers in flying colors. The emotional payoff here is simply huge, and it makes for a rewarding conclusion to a truly epic anime series.

There's certain minor things that perhaps can be nitpicked over, but the overall "big picture" execution of this episode and series is good enough that it's very hard to care about those. The final painting is gloriously gorgeous, and that's what counts the most.

But aside from the emotional payoff of this episode (including the Yuji/Shana kiss, of course), there was one key element this episode had that, for me, makes this ending not only very good or excellent, but an actual masterpiece. And that was the decidedly unexpected salvation of Yukari Hirai.

I never expected in a million years that we would see that. I myself had almost forgotten all about her. I honestly had forgotten the fact that Shana was technically impersonating her. But Yashichiro Takahashi, to his credit, remembered it. This is truly the sign of great writing. At this point in a very long overarching narrative, to remember a character and detail that was once important (a catalyst of sorts for Yuji, in fact) but was now seemingly lost in the mists of time, is truly impressive.

It so marvelously brings the Shana series full circle in a decidedly uplifting way, as though it was wrapped in a nice package and bow, and given as a gift for a heartwarming occasion.

What happened to Yukari was so dark, so troubling, that it made the very first two Shana episodes a bit hard for me to watch. And so this narrative reaches back, into the most personalized example of the horrors brought about by the Flame Haze/denizen system, to put the enchanting final note on Yuji's decisive victory over that horrible system.

Why did Yuji do this? He did it not only to help ensure that there would be no more Yukari's, but also to ensure that Yukari herself would be saved. And he also did it for Shana's sake, of course.

Magnificent ending, that I couldn't ask for anything more from. In addition to what I've wrote, the action scenes made for a great watch, and had at least decent character motivations behind them.

10/10 for Shana Episode 24.
Old 2012-03-25, 17:50   Link #79
taichi-kun

Great ending I'm so happy for Yuuji and shana

SnS forever!!

Thank you Yashichiro Takahashi, Noizi Ito and JC staff

Too many emotions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
some question at the end:
- at the end, Shana and Alastor said Yuji is not a touch anymore but a human again? is that mean he will die early than Shana?
same here,we need a novel reader.I'll ask in the novel thread...
Old 2012-03-25, 17:56   Link #80
weaponX
Designated facepalmer

So, Pheles and Johan are entrusting their kid to Wilhelmenia? I hope Wilhelmenia feeds that kid more than she fed Shana...

I jest. The plot still doesn't make much sense, but at the very least they wrapped things up. Also, Yuji gets a second chance and is human again, not just a torch. And while he didn't just roar out "I AM A MAN!" at least he gets another chance to really be alive, and not just a torch anymore.

In short, did the Flame Hazes' battle really mean anything. Seems like no. But the series is wrapped up, the war is over, Shana and Yuji are finally "together" together, and Hirai is back. The only loser is Kazumi. Yuji is gone, and Ike prolly will get with Hirai. Sucks to be her.

Overall: 7/10 for the series. Still doesn't make sense, but at least it was entertaining and provided closure.
misery no more.”
Proverbs 31: 6-7MyAnimeList
Closed Thread