AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-28, 04:19   Link #261
Katapan
俺様祭り

Duckroll! That's probably AKB48's biggest hit Heavy Rotation! I applaud you for not even hearing it once when it's been completely flooding Japan for 2 years.

Seeing it used as the trailer music for mecha action instead of the fanservicy PV with the girls in their underwear... errr, yeah. Anime is ready to be saved again!
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-28, 04:22   Link #262
sa547
*Author

They picked the best to pump things up. Actually, the real OP/ED to be used will be:

OP: "Kibou ni tsuite" (About Hope)
ED: "Yume wa Nandomo Umarekawaru" (Dream Reborns Many Times)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2010792/full/

I hope Kanno should be the show's musical score composer.
Old 2012-04-28, 05:07   Link #263
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Amongst the otherwise good animation, that 3DCG they used for the dancing is a total eyesore. Why couldn't they have followed The Idolmaster's example?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 05:19   Link #264
sa547
*Author

^
That's almost what Rena Matsui (SKE48) critiqued on her G+ when she first saw the 3DCG, but otherwise she's really eager to watch.

Quote:
From 08\04\12 Matsui Rena’s SKE Mail

AKB0048はどうして愛知ではみられないの?
Why is not possible to watch AKB0048 in the Aichi prefecture!?!?
私楽しみなのにー
Even though I’m so looking forward to it, that’s not fair!

Last edited by sa547; 2012-04-28 at 05:51.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 05:43   Link #265
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Duckroll! That's probably AKB48's biggest hit Heavy Rotation! I applaud you for not even hearing it once when it's been completely flooding Japan for 2 years.
Oh, thanks for the correction. I don't really know much or care about AKB48, and I think it shows.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-28, 05:50   Link #266
sa547
*Author

Anyhow, you'll learn more about the girls soon enough.
Old 2012-04-28, 06:06   Link #267
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I only just learned the other day that Mayuyu is voicing a character in the show, but Mayuyu is also a character in the show, but she's not voicing "herself"... Lol.
Old 2012-04-28, 06:26   Link #268
sa547
*Author

To be frank, the No Name girls are to learn their trade from the veteran seiyuu, who are also there to serve as their mentors, and probably vice-versa to understand what it's like to be a member.

Mayuyu finds it flattering that Yukari Tamura (Nanoha) would be playing her, and Yukarin admits that she'll try to do her best to sound as close as possible to her AKB counterpart.

But what I'm eager for is to see Ayako Kawasumi in action as Sayaka Akimoto.
Old 2012-04-28, 07:00   Link #269
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I have to say, with less than a day to go, I still can't help but be amazed at what is about to happen. The Spring Season is about to end it's introductions with the most terrifying title in the last few years, with a creative line up that will make the bravest cower in fear.

Pretty exciting stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
Seeing it used as the trailer music for mecha action instead of the fanservicy PV with the girls in their underwear... errr, yeah. Anime is ready to be saved again!
Saved is not the word I'd use, but I'm sure after today, something will happen to Anime alright

Man, this show will have everything in it ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I hope Kanno should be the show's musical score composer.
At this point, I hope they go with someone different. Yoko Kanno is starting to become a rip off of Yoko Kanno nowadays lol Though I suspect that she'll come along for the ride, because at this point sure why not, jump on the crazy train.

Quote:
^
That's almost what Rena Matsui (SKE48) critiqued on her G+ when she first saw the 3DCG, but otherwise she's really eager to watch.
Eh, isn't she talking about how the show wasn't going to air in the Aichi prefecture? I don't see her mentioning anything about the animation
Old 2012-04-28, 07:04   Link #270
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Why is anyone expecting Kanno to have anything to do with this project? The composers for the series are Hiroshi Takaki and Slavomir Stanislaw Kowalewski. They were credited pretty early on too, so there's no confusion here...
Old 2012-04-28, 08:17   Link #271
ET1
SUB48 editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Eh, isn't she talking about how the show wasn't going to air in the Aichi prefecture? I don't see her mentioning anything about the animation
He is talking about these posts when the very first demo was released, when she talked about how the animations and the steps from the characters were slippery.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:38   Link #272
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Why is anyone expecting Kanno to have anything to do with this project? The composers for the series are Hiroshi Takaki and Slavomir Stanislaw Kowalewski. They were credited pretty early on too, so there's no confusion here...
Do you have a source? So far all I've seen are credits for the upper-tier staff.
Old 2012-04-28, 09:54   Link #273
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Do you have a source? So far all I've seen are credits for the upper-tier staff.
Yeah it says so right here: http://akb0048.jp/staff/

■ 音楽:高木洋/スワベック・コバレフスキ

^^;
Old 2012-04-28, 10:37   Link #274
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Yeah it says so right here: http://akb0048.jp/staff/

■ 音楽:高木洋/スワベック・コバレフスキ

^^;
The usual databases are pretty lazy as far as updates are concerned. Ah, well...
Old 2012-04-28, 10:47   Link #275
mochichan

The song played isn't the OP, it's my kawaii overdosed morning crack..... :|

The video isn't really all fanservice. Girls in Japan actually love it more than guys. http://forum.nihongogo.com/topic/121...eavy-rotation/

wow, you guys got half a page of comment in like 2 sec I looked up HR to reply to duckroll......lol
anyway I like the rendering scene but it's probably for group shots so it's not so bad for anyone that dislike it.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-28 at 11:27.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 09:02   Link #276
sa547
*Author

Show's gonna start an hour from now (or if you like, 11pm JST).
Old 2012-04-29, 09:45   Link #277
Katapan
俺様祭り

Spoiler for Episode 1:

No OP/ED yet, though the OP song plays by the end.
Old 2012-04-29, 11:04   Link #278
mochichan

I saw the RAW despite my crappy Japanese skill :P

Spoiler for ep 1:

Oh and the girl cosplayed at their handshake event

Spoiler for cosplay:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 11:15   Link #279
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The first episode was every bit as horrifying as I expected! I'm enjoying this pretty ironically, but I think Satelight and Kawamori have really managed to put together a combination of all the things which might annoy me about anime into one complete masterpiece. :P

The CG dancing sequences are really like Precure, except possibly scarier because of the iffy designs they have in the first place. The hearts in all the hair and eyes is really creepy, and adds to the really disturbing overall feel of how artificially "cute" the entire show is trying to be. The show really tries to squeeze every irrelevant anime, idol, and otaku element in though. There are robots, there the girls have mahou shoujo weapons, there are cute mascot alien creatures, it's just so random!

One good thing for the AKB girls who managed to land the voice roles for the show is that the story seems to be specifically written to give each girl their own dramatic scenes to train their voice acting skills, so maybe they'll be able to start a career out of it. It's kinda weird that a show that feels written for 12 year old girls is airing at 11pm on a Sunday night though.

I'll definitely be watching more, but this is very definition of what I consider a "bad" show which has the right elements to be entertaining even to someone who doesn't really like what it is. Lol.
Old 2012-04-29, 11:30   Link #280
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
I'll definitely be watching more, but this is very definition of what I consider a "bad" show which has the right elements to be entertaining even to someone who doesn't really like what it is. Lol.
Sounds like how I view Aquarion EVOL. I guess that's the Kawamori/Okada effect...

Will try to watch this when I get time.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime