AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-03, 22:29   Link #261
mangafanatic

Wow, the piano piece at the end simply made the scene/episode. Despite the fact that so little happened, as far as story development is concerned, this was one incredible episode. So, concerning the piano music in the last scene, could anyone tell if it was a variation on another piece which has been featured in the show, or is it new all together? Any ideas on what the name of it was? *Wants the sheet music. Badly.*
Old 2006-06-03, 22:32   Link #262
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
here's the game that the Kyon+Koizumi's playing apparently...
http://ejf.cside.ne.jp/review/dragonallstars.html
Since I can't read a lick of Japanese I just had to get help...
Spoiler for Babel Fish Translation of above:
Old 2006-06-04, 00:30   Link #263
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Ah, good ol' babblefish. Making illegible translations that often make me laugh for free! But, it does give you the general idea in the sentences that kinda make sense.

Best part: "the used straw raincoat character becomes all use yeses."
Old 2006-06-04, 03:00   Link #264
yura`

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangafanatic
Wow, the piano piece at the end simply made the scene/episode. Despite the fact that so little happened, as far as story development is concerned, this was one incredible episode. So, concerning the piano music in the last scene, could anyone tell if it was a variation on another piece which has been featured in the show, or is it new all together? Any ideas on what the name of it was? *Wants the sheet music. Badly.*
i love the piano piece as well! lol. it doesn't sound like it's been featured before and i have no idea what it's called, for that matter. i'm definitely going to transcribe it when i'm freer (exam period now). btw, is there going to be a release of the soundtrack from the anime?
Old 2006-06-04, 18:41   Link #265
arias

Does anyone else *really* like the part where Mikuru says "Noo~" in english? This is where she's in the bunny costume, and Haruhi is moving to shift her into the nurse one. For some reason, I find it extremely adorable..
Old 2006-06-04, 18:46   Link #266
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Does anyone else *really* like the part where Mikuru says "Noo~" in english? This is where she's in the bunny costume, and Haruhi is moving to shift her into the nurse one. For some reason, I find it extremely adorable..
Yea I always liked the whole changing sequence.

We hear "Nooo!!", "V" and Haruhi commenting on the 'dynamite boobs' and lines from the ED.

It was a interesting photo shoot lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-04, 23:07   Link #267
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
It is really kinda humorous how Haruhi is really "into" Mikuru's body. Sort of reminiscent of kids playing with Barbies. Anyway, it shows a lot in this ep since the photo shoot is one of the main events.

I enjoyed the rainy atmosphere, probably since it rained today. Rain and cold give a very lifeless feeling, but there is a lot of life to be had, and wonderment. The changing sequence vs bookshelf, was done well; some of Haruhi's remarks are very funny. Kyon's little journey was really relaxing, time really didn't seem to matter, it's a nice feeling.

The highlight for me was the end scenes from when Kyon wakes up. I would have to agree that the other blazer was Yuki's, though it doesn't seem likely AT ALL, but makes the most sense....

Haruhi and Mikuru were together, so if Mikuru would have covered Kyon, Haruhi would have noticed. The question is, would she remove it if Mikuru did that or leave it? I think that was mention earlier in thread. Also, didn't Haruhi say that one of the coats was hers?? Could the first overcoat on Kyon have belonged to Haruhi?

If that is the case, then the second could belong to anyone really? Perhaps Haruhi conned someone out of their coat and put both of them on sleeping boy Kyon.

It would be a really interesting thing to see a flashback or extra of that scene where everyone leaves except Haruhi, or at least I think so. She's such a powerful character, but it seems she has some fragile aspects, though usually hidden; she's so damn intriguing. last 3 min=grandness.

I could go on and on there's so much to enjoy about this story, its golden! xry
Old 2006-06-12, 13:56   Link #268
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Okay I admit it. I was watching the raw of episode 11 and the subs of episode 9 at the same time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
As I was re-watching episode 9 for my 5th time I had this thought...
When Kyon was in the clubroom notice Nagato's stance for holding the book is different---she alwayse used to have the book lying on her lap. But when Kyon's sleep she held her book up. Could that be her peeking at Kyon over the book?
As I was (re-re-re)^X-watching episode 9 I've made another discovery...
Nagato was not reading when Kyon is in the room! She didn't turn the pages(and when Kyon wasn't in the room, she turns the page every 2 seconds)
Old 2006-06-12, 14:01   Link #269
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Good find, although I'm too lazy to check it, I'll take your word for it.
Kyon can create emotion anywhere apparently Tsk tsk tsk this is turning in a harem anime

Too bad Kyon is all over Mikuru most of the time Or is that bad? Nah, looks good to me KyonxMikuru FTW!
Old 2006-06-12, 14:16   Link #270
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Conclusion: Nagato likes Kyon.
Why is there no one supporting a Nagato x Kyon pairing?
No one? Then let it start from me! Go Kyon get Nagato!

ADD: Episode 9 is finished however apart from the 'shuffle' function also the 'repeat' function on my Windows Media Player is turned on. Now I'm watching episode 9 two times in a row...
Old 2006-06-12, 14:17   Link #271
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It's not like I'm not supporting KyonxYuki. Yuki's my second favorite girl. It just so happens that there's my number one favorite girl before her
Old 2006-06-12, 14:18   Link #272
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Well therefore you must support a Mikuru x Kyon pairing. Always go for your favourite right?

P.S. check the F/SN image thread a bit later npal I've found a few Illya pictures.
Old 2006-06-12, 14:26   Link #273
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, you know, back in episode one, the movie episode, I think I liked Yuki better (probably due to excessive Mikuru fanservice, that bunny outfit looked a bit... well... too much for first episode ) But Yuki's costume had style and it was kinda sexy the way her leg was showing in some scenes. And she was pretty and quiet.

But then, episode 2 came and Mikuru's appearance was beyond words, and she just clicked... or was it Haruhi's remark "loli with big boobs" and Mikuru being abused (I'm a sucker for maidens/damsels in distress) that swayed me? It's probably the whole moe, soft spoken package along with the rest. Well, anyway, Mikuru's my favorite
Old 2006-06-20, 01:50   Link #274
aodu
<>!SOS団!<>

Send a message via MSN to aodu
I was watching the preview and it seems like they realy like to mix episodes arond alot. It's not like i haven't noticed it before but i think that if someone don't tell me the real order of the eps i might be missing something xD

I know this is extremely late (a week after the last post to be exact) but I only finished ep 9 today so any help would be extremely helpful!
Old 2006-06-20, 01:55   Link #275
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Listen to Haruhi's order in the preview, that's the chronological order.
Old 2006-06-20, 03:27   Link #276
aodu
<>!SOS団!<>

Send a message via MSN to aodu
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Listen to Haruhi's order in the preview, that's the chronological order.
hidoi desu this might take a while for mi to understand..
Old 2006-06-20, 04:45   Link #277
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
I found it really funny when Kyon faces the camera when he does his sarcasm speech. He did that at least thrice in this episode, and I never noticed him doing it on the other episodes.

EDIT: ROFL late review. Sorry sorry XD.
Old 2006-07-02, 15:52   Link #278
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth-kun
I found it really funny when Kyon faces the camera when he does his sarcasm speech. He did that at least thrice in this episode, and I never noticed him doing it on the other episodes.

EDIT: ROFL late review. Sorry sorry XD.
LOL join the Late Haruhi Fans Union! ^^

Anyways, I loved that episode. Vexx talked about European auteur cinema, but to me, this is tremendously Asian, in the best meaning you could think of. All the rest has been said, so I won't add my 2 cents, except on one last thing I wanted to ask you all.

In the end, Kyon RUNS after Haruhi. Isn't it the first time we see him hurry up?Despite the fact it's raining cats and dogs, would YOU run if you weren't in love with the girl who's holding the umbrella?

I mean, no matter the rain, I wouldn't. Literaly running after girls is a very bad idea. lol. so that's why I think Kyon is definitely in love with Haruhi. Basic but true. Forget the rain and think about how many times you ran after a girl.

In case you're wondering, yeah, I'm single now.

I'm sorry to bring up such a basic idea, as everyone is trying so hard to come up with the best conclusions they found, but I'm a basic guy, and that's what I thought while watching.

edit : I just realized the first character poll thread has been closed, and my LHFU call with it! Argh, what a shame, what a blasphemy...... *sighs...
I'll be back. Late Fans won't be silenced!^^
Old 2006-07-07, 00:41   Link #279
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
*joins the LHFU*...heck *joins every haruhi related unions*

I liked this episode. It would have given(gives) the series a cute ending, I still need to watch episode 14 so I don't know which one is my preferrable ending.

One thing is for sure, I'm glad I decided to watch episode 11 (chronological 13) before watching this one. Otherwise the 4 laptops at the beginning might have sort of spoiled episode 11 for me.

A couple of cute Haruhi moments at the end, and Haruhi was also looking cute in her winter coat.
Old 2006-07-07, 01:56   Link #280
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

^ Arimfe, the VA for Mikuru did Kaede in Shuffle. You know where your loyalties lie