AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2009-08-31, 09:47   Link #181
Velsy

2 questions

1 Which sub is the best *obtain* Season 2 /OVA.
Season 1 I had Ayako and at the end of the series they said look forward to them doing season 2 but I dont see them O_o.

and 2

Am I suppose to watch the OVA before or after the 2nd series ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 11:03   Link #182
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I don't know why Ayako chose to skip this round (it may also be that they're going to do one large dump) ... I've been collecting Mazui, they're doing decently enough.

OVA? The episode special that was released last spring is meant to be watched before season 2. It covers the events that transpired during and after the pair and the shepardess celebrate their earnings.
Old 2009-08-31, 11:22   Link #183
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I don't know why Ayako chose to skip this round (it may also be that they're going to do one large dump) ... I've been collecting Mazui, they're doing decently enough.

OVA? The episode special that was released last spring is meant to be watched before season 2. It covers the events that transpired during and after the pair and the shepardess celebrate their earnings.
yeah, they left me high and dry doing Valkyria Chronicles <.<

Ima looking forward to watching it, I found the first season sound. But Horo was kinda awesome.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-09-02, 10:29   Link #184
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mazui does pretty good, it's just that I have issues with their video quality. Spice and Wolf does well enough and sputters near the OP and the ED. On the other hand, their videos of Haruhi are so grainy and stuttery that I ended up dropping their work in favor of other groups.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 11:23   Link #185
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Mazui does pretty good, it's just that I have issues with their video quality. Spice and Wolf does well enough and sputters near the OP and the ED. On the other hand, their videos of Haruhi are so grainy and stuttery that I ended up dropping their work in favor of other groups.
aye, I'm fine with their translate/edit/subtitle work... but their video encode needs work. I've messed with that end of the process and there's more than a little black arts to it.
Old 2009-09-04, 02:23   Link #186
Velsy

Quote:
aye, I'm fine with their translate/edit/subtitle work... but their video encode needs work. I've messed with that end of the process and there's more than a little black arts to it.
I've been downloading eps that are v2, does that mean they have fixed video faults ?

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2009-09-04, 02:40   Link #187
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I've been downloading eps that are v2, does that mean they have fixed video faults ?
It could mean anything... usually it means there's been translation corrections but it could mean an encode change.

Fansubbers rarely post what has changed, but usually its something fairly annoying enough to warrant a re-release.
Old 2009-09-14, 09:13   Link #188
yaruo

I leave from next week for Northern Germany.
The apple prepared. (*´д`*)
What else thinks it to be necessary?
yaruo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-14, 11:19   Link #189
FTGT

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaruo View Post
I leave from next week for Northern Germany.
The apple prepared. (*´д`*)
What else thinks it to be necessary?
Warm clothes and a cagoule.... its quite uncomfortable here right now!
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 10:40   Link #190
yaruo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTGT View Post
Warm clothes and a cagoule.... its quite uncomfortable here right now!
Thanks!!
Cagoule??
I did not understand cagoule, I examined it.
A strange mask came out......@_@
OK!!
Anyway, thank you.
yaruo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 11:15   Link #191
FTGT

@Yaruo
Actually with cagoule I meant a raincoat! :P
FTGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-22, 03:59   Link #192
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

does anyone know if they are going to release season 2 on blue ray? If i remember right they released season 1 on blue ray.

hell a better question is anyone know if they will release EITHER season on blu ray in the states? I pretty much never see blu ray releases stateside for anime, which is too bad. Ive been watching Spice and wolf in 720p, playing it on my 60" hd. Id really like to get HD copies when they come stateside. It's gonna blow watching it in SD if they only do DVD =( But if thats all i can get i supose i'll buy it to support this great series. I'll just have to keep my HD stuff as well

also a side question to anyone who saw the blu ray/dvd of season 1. Was the airing of S&W edited? Or was it normal for horo to have the 'barbie doll' effect? It doesn't particularly bother me but ive noticed a lot of series lately have been edited for TV airing, with stuff blocking breasts or giving it the barbie doll effect then the DVDs/BR releases move the stuff or show the nipples. I was wondering if this was the case or if this was just the original drawing intent
kenshin-dono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-27, 20:10   Link #193
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
does anyone know if they are going to release season 2 on blue ray? If i remember right they released season 1 on blue ray.
It is being released on Blu-Ray in Japan with all 12 episodes (plus the bonus episode "0" that came with the illustrated storybook) being released on 4 volumes starting on 7 October (and monthly thereafter).

Quote:
hell a better question is anyone know if they will release EITHER season on blu ray in the states?
That's a very good question, but no announcements have been made to that effect.

Quote:
also a side question to anyone who saw the blu ray/dvd of season 1. Was the airing of S&W edited? Or was it normal for horo to have the 'barbie doll' effect? It doesn't particularly bother me but ive noticed a lot of series lately have been edited for TV airing, with stuff blocking breasts or giving it the barbie doll effect then the DVDs/BR releases move the stuff or show the nipples. I was wondering if this was the case or if this was just the original drawing intent
It was "by design" for this show, which matches the way it's portrayed in the novels. So yeah, in this case, it wasn't censorship, but the artist's intent.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-28, 11:14   Link #194
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It was "by design" for this show, which matches the way it's portrayed in the novels. So yeah, in this case, it wasn't censorship, but the artist's intent.
Aye, the some of the novel's artwork had a "medieval woodcut" feel to it in some respects so the lines tended to remain simple.
Old 2009-09-28, 23:13   Link #195
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

thats fine with teh no nipples then ;P I dont mind that style although it was a bit weird back in the day the first few times i saw it. I just hate when stuff is actually censored. If that was the intent then cool beans.

as far as a blu ray american release *sigh* i really hope so but i doubt it. I looked around and there are almost no series on blu ray here. Most of its just stand alone anime movies. And i think some is even just upscaled crap
Old 2009-09-29, 11:27   Link #196
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
thats fine with teh no nipples then ;P I dont mind that style although it was a bit weird back in the day the first few times i saw it. I just hate when stuff is actually censored. If that was the intent then cool beans.

as far as a blu ray american release *sigh* i really hope so but i doubt it. I looked around and there are almost no series on blu ray here. Most of its just stand alone anime movies. And i think some is even just upscaled crap
The *manga* versions released so far use a very realistic art style (and yes, the color plates give her nipples)... unless someone is doing scanlations though, the manga is only available in the original Japanese so far.
Old 2009-09-29, 11:36   Link #197
LKK

Quote:
the manga is only available in the original Japanese so far.
Side note: The first volume manga will be available legally in English in April 2010. Yen Press is the publisher.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-02, 17:13   Link #198
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

jeeze you aren't kidding, the manga art looks different. I would say better. And maybe its just me but it seems way more sexual! not just the inclusion of nipples, you actually barely see them, just the style. Lawrence looks kinda cut, and i dont recall horo being so rain slicked and sexy in that scene near the start:

[mod edit: links removed]

nor do i recall lawrence geting naked (nice butt shot for the ladies) or horo showing her arse even remotly like this:
[mod edit: link removed]

the tail shake from the anime was infinitely tamer, shes practially bent over the table o_O I really gotta read the novels now to see what balance they strike between the tamer anime and this. So far the mangas kinda cooler than the anime. Horo's defiantly more hot than cute so far. Maybe im wrong but i just remember that whole sequence being quite tame in the anime, wasn't it? Maybe i'll have to go back and check

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-10-03 at 00:39. Reason: Since the manga is licensed, you may not link to sites that contain scans
Old 2009-10-10, 10:04   Link #199
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
I like action shows but Spice and Wolf sounds interesting although I read about the show, I learned it is mostly about economics. Is show as good as most people make out to be? I hope it is not something I may regret watching as I had really been studying economics since high school and medieval terms are a bit lost on me.
Old 2009-10-10, 15:04   Link #200
BashZeStampeedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I like action shows but Spice and Wolf sounds interesting although I read about the show, I learned it is mostly about economics. Is show as good as most people make out to be? I hope it is not something I may regret watching as I had really been studying economics since high school and medieval terms are a bit lost on me.
It shouldn't be a problem, I haven't studied economics and I could follow it just fine (it's not like sitting through an advanced economics lecture). The story is mostly about the relationship between the two main characters, and the economics bits are just there to make it more interesting. There are a some places where they throw a lot of "stuff" at you quickly, but the economics is really just a small part of it.
BashZeStampeedo is offline   Reply With Quote