AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2004-11-05, 08:18   Link #81
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

The clincher for me in this series are Nanoha and Fate's weapons. Damn those things are cool. I want one. It reminds me of Judge Dredd's gun.

Naturally, Nanoha and Fate would still look cool using that gun but Judge Dredd wouldn't look so cool after the swap.

And having it in english must make it simple for the Triad.

I've seen to up ep5 (I think all that's currently aired) and I really want to see just how much cool stuff they end up doing.

Normally I prefer my animes in the 13ep range but I'm feeling a bit sad over this.

Hopefully I'm not obsessing too much but I did dream there was a Sony-system game (3D action with graphics and animation identicle to those high scenes in episode 1) and although I can't remember the details I do remember the controller had three shoulder buttons on either side and each was assigned to hotkey the attacks and such, making for some very rapidfire gameplay.

Then Helena from DOA sold my TV on Ebay and I also remember my friends and I being lost in a sinking cargo ship.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 14:20   Link #82
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
And having it in english must make it simple for the Triad.
How wrong you are. It hurts my ears to no end.

And about your dream: I'd think it'd be better if you used a SNES controller to do the fighting. It's also better to dream of a gekiganger 3 fighting game. It'd be kinda like virtual on except you have the cool stuff like GEKIGAN BEAM, GEKIGAN CUTTER and GEKIGAN SHOOTER.
Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-05, 23:06   Link #83
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm sorry for how horribly written that last post was. It was made before much-needed sleep was taken.

Anyhow, see, I said it was a Sony system because the controller looked just like a PS/PS2 controller only with an extra shoulder button on each side which allowed for the extra quick attacks. An SNES controller doesn't have enough buttons to accomplish this. And I find them far less comfortable so again it would've been less likely to have been in the dream. How dreams tend to work is they rely on things which were in your thoughts close to the time you went to sleep for 90% of it's content.

I like the Bardiche/Raging Heart's voice moreso because of detail. I think it's pretty cool. Having it in a more mechanical style and english makes it seem more otherworldly and I tend to go for the whole "technical magic" thing.

I find the low-dialogue talking machines in anime (take Tenzan from Tristia for example) sound silly in Japanese most of the time.

It's all mainly a matter of opinion. Yet one more thing I like about this show.
Old 2004-11-07, 19:00   Link #84
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Anyone see ep 6 raw yet?

Excellent episode...nice serious one, too.

I also noticed the director is Akiyuki Shinbo, who also is directing Tsukuyomi Moon Phase this season (busy guy) and did shows like Soul Taker, Petite Witch Cosette, Yamamoto Yohko, Metal Fighter Miku, Yuna Returns, and many others (if you google him, note that sometimes his name is misread as "Shinfusa" so he tends to get split up in databases, but it's the same guy, just a misread kanji is all). Pretty interesting and experimental director overall, he likes to use color pretty dynamically and unusual camera angles and screen composition.
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-07, 19:12   Link #85
otakujohn

This series rules. It's kind of a CCS clone, but it still rules.
otakujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 15:19   Link #86
KoopaTroopa

Episode 3 is out
KoopaTroopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 13:51   Link #87
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
OMG!!!! ITS CARD CAPTOR SAKURA XII !!!!!!

Ah NOOO!! this threatens to bring out my Lolicon otaku side!! i banished that demon when the last CCS movie came out...

*sob*

WHY MUST YOU TORTURE ME AGAIN???!!!

And what a sickingly innocent family full of love.
That makes me wanna throw up.

*downloads Episode 2 & 3*

Nanoha is so moe~

ehehehehehe.....
Old 2004-11-09, 16:39   Link #88
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm strongly awaiting episode 7 because... well... Episode 6's cliffhanger made me punch my monitor.

Is anyone skilled enough to get just the sound effects of the transformation scene with no BGM?
Old 2004-11-09, 17:32   Link #89
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
I'm strongly awaiting episode 7 because... well... Episode 6's cliffhanger made me punch my monitor.

Is anyone skilled enough to get just the sound effects of the transformation scene with no BGM?

I feel sorry for your monitor.

Old 2004-11-09, 19:30   Link #90
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Episode 6 was incredible. I, too, can't wait for 7. Also for those waiting to meet Fate, you'll see her soon
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 03:47   Link #91
???
Unknown

There's 2 things that i like about this anime:

The animation and the magical wand stick thinggy. As for the story... ummm well it needs more originality honnestly.

The music is ok and character design is not in my kind of taste...very standardish style... I dont feel like im going to hug the show just like i did with CCSakura many years ago and Preutty Cure... its just... well IT NEEDS MORE CUTENESS DAMNIT !

Cummon... japanese animators can design better then this ?

I hope this will not go into a Sakura VS Nanoha debate.
Anyways, ill just give a try just for the animation.

Last edited by ???; 2004-11-10 at 04:16.
??? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:22   Link #92
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Decent series, nice animation, cute characters. But highly predictable and I don't really like the mechanical aspect of the magic. Kinda kills the magic feel imo. Also, Nanaho is a little *too* much of a natural at magic, would've been much more interesting to see her struggle with it more. Now it seems like a cakewalk for her (at least in the first 3 episodes).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 09:57   Link #93
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Yes, I am surprised too to find myself enjoying this anime.
A simple (in fact, childish) storyline, however the animation quality is excellent.
It borrows the character designs heavily from Card Captor Sakura and Triangle Hearts.
After you begin to like this show, you will be sad to realize that it will only have 13 episodes.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 15:09   Link #94
otakujohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleeplessHeart
After you begin to like this show, you will be sad to realize that it will only have 13 episodes.

I was wondering about that. Rats...
otakujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 16:13   Link #95
Dragosmore
Translator

One thing I dislike and like about this show is crammed together as one. Before the opening in every episode, they always have a small synopsis with a few lines changed here or there, which I think is kind of nice. The problem is for half of the animation they use, its from the last episode, and for the second half it's from the episode that you're about to see which might spoil a few things.
Old 2004-11-11, 17:13   Link #96
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

After seeing this anime, I realize that at least to me, it would make a great console game. I'd love to play some sort of RPGish game using that magic system.

I never saw Card Captor Sakura (save for 2 episodes), but I'm really loving this, and I've always been a Mahou Shoujo fan since Sailor Moon.
Old 2004-11-12, 10:11   Link #97
Dragosmore
Translator

And there's Fate in episode 4! Meet emotionless-black-mage with some hidden twisty plot behind her @_@
Old 2004-11-12, 11:08   Link #98
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

Believe me, after her introduction, the following episodes will get interesting and emotional. Fans can rejoice to discover the magic of Card Captor Sakura again.
SleeplessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 13:25   Link #99
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Somehow I was expecting some singing in the anime though... I suppose the "Lyrical" part of the title is meaningless.
Old 2004-11-12, 16:09   Link #100
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
Somehow I was expecting some singing in the anime though... I suppose the "Lyrical" part of the title is meaningless.
Especially considering it's based on Triangle Hearts. But as far as I've seen, it only seems to refer to the magic words she came up with on the fly. Given the format as it's played out though, I'm not sure it would really fit. So yeah the name is rather odd. I assume it's just a holdover from the original Nanoha joke in the game (game involving a singer, spinoff magical girl, name needs to have a music reference...)

I've seen complaints (not just here) about these and the Triangle Hearts character designs looking "standard" or "too generic"...maybe it's because I'm a relative oldtimer, but I don't really see it myself...I really liked the character design style in both shows (although the highlights were a little odd in Triangle Hearts, come to think). If they look pretty and are well-designed, than that's fine with me.
Ayu-ayu is offline   Reply With Quote