AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-15, 20:45   Link #181
Laryx

I hope they will at leasy explain what orochimaru`s plan was.
I`m especially curious as to why gaara and the puppet sand ninja (don`t want to look up his name now) were so important to this plan.
During the arena fights there were hints to the overall plan but we never really saw what their role was supposed to be I think.
Laryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 20:55   Link #182
yurik
Hidden Russian

what can i say, another good episode, not as much action as last ep, but heck, this is a trurning point for a lot of things, Hokage, ANBU, etc... all i have to do now is wait for quality subs
yurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:06   Link #183
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laryx
I`m especially curious as to why gaara and the puppet sand ninja (don`t want to look up his name now) were so important to this plan.
During the arena fights there were hints to the overall plan but we never really saw what their role was supposed to be I think.
well for the most part they have. Orochimaru planned to destroy the Leaf, cuz he's a psycho and wanted to see events move again. Oh, and to get to know Sasuke, and give him that little seal of his so that he could emulate Michael Jackson. The Sand nins, especially Gaara, were super strong, so logically they were there to ensure that Orochimaru's plan would be successful. Too bad he didn't account for Naruto's presence.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:16   Link #184
Laryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLaptopChan
well for the most part they have. Orochimaru planned to destroy the Leaf, cuz he's a psycho and wanted to see events move again. Oh, and to get to know Sasuke, and give him that little seal of his so that he could emulate Michael Jackson. The Sand nins, especially Gaara, were super strong, so logically they were there to ensure that Orochimaru's plan would be successful. Too bad he didn't account for Naruto's presence.
IMO much more was hinted at then them just being badass powerful. Where were they headed after they fled from the arena? Why did the new puppet have to remain secret? and people were sooo nervous about gaara ruining their "plan"....
If all that was going on here was their kicking ass skills it`s a bit of an anti climax.
My guess is they were suposed to kidnap ramen girl and force her to make ramen for oro since he didn`t have any since he slurped up other people`s bowls with the big tongue of his some years ago.
Old 2004-04-15, 21:17   Link #185
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
I don't think the anime can get any better than it did last week!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuto Maniac
that would cause computer-shut-down with "warning: this stuff is way to good for you! Naruto porhibited from now on! go read a book or something, you low-life loser!"... it just can't be that good, not two times in a row...
I was so totaly wrong Just when I thought "IT" couldn't get any better I then was SHOCKED and thus, I'm very happy :tear: to die now a second death and be most happy *inner Pathy* "Hell YEAH!"
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 21:21   Link #186
LittleLaptopChan
My good neighbor Totoro

Send a message via ICQ to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via AIM to LittleLaptopChan Send a message via MSN to LittleLaptopChan
that's true, but actually they were running away becoz gaara had become unstable...and they didn't want the Leaf village to catch him becoz he was like their secret weapon. Also Kankuro the pupeteer needed to keep his puppet secret or else he would have used up all of the poison within his puppet and then he'd just be a clown in the middle of the war. People were indeed upset about gaara ruining their "plan" if he was going to awaken shukaku at the wrong time. He could have inadvertenly gave a warning to the Third, and Oro's little surprise attack wouldn't have worked anymore.
LittleLaptopChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 22:12   Link #187
Loki
Ronin

Send a message via MSN to Loki
Quote:
1 Oroch's Plan - ws to gain ALL the Jujitsu's one of teh flashbacks explained thats his ultamate goal every thing he does is in accordance to meeting those plans - destroying the Leaf village is simply a wa y of taking down those that can be a threat to him in the future.

2 Garaa was there ultamate weapon, the attack evolved around him bringing forard his killer badger, but saske knackered him out and when he tried to bring it out too soon. Sand Puppet and Fan girl ()cant be bothered either) were always there to make sure Garaa didnt do anything stupid up to that point. Lets face it there not exactly the strongest when put on the scale of things
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 22:45   Link #188
CardCaptorMoody
Dictator of the World

Location: Canada, In my basement playing DANCE DANCE REVOLUTION
When i watched this episode neither the music nor the animation bothered me... the only thing that DID bother me was the sound Naruto's slipers made when they draged along the surface of the shukaku. It was the sound of running shoes on a basketball court or something to that extent.

What i really want to know is what happens now that the 3rd is dead, Oro is just standing there with his sealed arms and Enma just laying on the ground. That has great potential of becoming a VERY awkward situation.

Orochimaru: Well i guess i'll be going now.
Enma: heh... could you just help me with these snakes...
Orochimaru: Oh.. sure... sorry about that..
Enma: Oh no problem... shit happens
*Awkwardly stare at each other*
Orochimaru/Enma: Well i got to go now....
Orochimaru/Enma: hehehe
*Another awkward silence*
Orochimaru: Well i guess i'll see you around...
Enma: Yeah... sure... see ya...
*both walk same direction*
*situation gets more awkward*
Orochimaru: Oh... your going this way as well...
Enma: yeah...
*awkwardly walk together till they get off the roof*
Orochimaru: Later
Enma: See ya

I'm sure the the Gaara/Naruto situation also has huge potential for becoming as awkward. Well that is basicly what i was thinking when watching this episode so to me this was a pritty good episode. Just my opinion though.
CardCaptorMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:05   Link #189
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelonil
the armor of sand does, but the other sand that automatically protects him regardless of his will doesnt use chakra
The armor of sand uses Gaara'a chakara, but both it and the sand shield would need chakara. Most likely, since shukkaku is responsable for the sand shield, it uses his chakara. Since he was fighting Naruto and Gamabunta himself, it's possible shukkaku didn't have enough chakara left to protect Gaara with the sand.
Slightly off topic, but where did all that sand come from? I mean Gaara carries around sand, so it would seem he can't summon it, yet he uses far more than he could ever carry. I guess it's just something we aren't supposed to notice.
Old 2004-04-15, 23:21   Link #190
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
this episode totally kicked ass, i liked this one.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:29   Link #191
Fissionking

Hayate

When that Anbu girl with the blue or purple hair was stroking the tombstone or memorial stone or whatever and she said something like, "We won't forget you Hayate" or something like that, who was she talking about? Who's Hayate? And who was she (the girl with the blue or purple hair)? Has she been in the series before?
Fissionking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:36   Link #192
Laryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fissionking
When that Anbu girl with the blue or purple hair was stroking the tombstone or memorial stone or whatever and she said something like, "We won't forget you Hayate" or something like that, who was she talking about? Who's Hayate? And who was she (the girl with the blue or purple hair)? Has she been in the series before?
I haven`t checked it yet but I suspect he is the examiner from the preliminary fights. the guy who keeps coughing.
He was killed after he overheard a conversation between the sand and the sound.
too many names in this anime
Old 2004-04-15, 23:50   Link #193
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Quote:
I haven`t checked it yet but I suspect he is the examiner from the preliminary fights. the guy who keeps coughing.
He was killed after he overheard a conversation between the sand and the sound.
too many names in this anime
what this guy said, i thik he has bags under his eyes, his voice is kinda calm, and makes his first appearance in the end of episode 37.

naruto newbies...
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:55   Link #194
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Vlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
You need the DivX player, Cuz when I tried it, it didn't turn out to well on WMP. Like the opening was screwed and half into the episode it didn't turn out too well.
VLC the open source free video player plays pretty much everything fine.

videolan.org
thelightandthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 23:56   Link #195
tektonik
I can see that speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardCaptorMoody

I'm sure the the Gaara/Naruto situation also has huge potential for becoming as awkward. Well that is basicly what i was thinking when watching this episode so to me this was a pritty good episode. Just my opinion though.
probably some boring speech, they're making a note to make Naruto and Gaara are one in the same just with different views. Prepare for boring naruto speech.

And jeebus how long can sakura get squeezed? Can't she just die or wake up or something. All she does now is a little "uhh" thats far worse Sasuke-kun over and over and over. Sasuke should be able to say more then A fox? over the course of 20 minutes as well :P

Well the only thing I truly didn't like was the awkward silence during the Kakashi fighting.
tektonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:02   Link #196
xavier8200

Am i the only one that thought the Baika no Jutsu by chouji's dad was great? I loved it when he was just smashing stuff and walkin around. Reminds me of the old ultraman flicks I used to watch when I was younger.

I also enjoyed the part with Hyashi, although the number of enemies he defeated decreased compared to what was in the manga.

EDIT: also wanted to see more of Kibas mother and sister. Guess Ill have to wait till episode 245 or somethin
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:02   Link #197
Gai-Kakashi

Using no music in a scene can highten the realisim and tension. I thought it did that well in the Jounin fights. Plus it let me focus on Gai's rediculous Bruce Lee noises.

Neji's uncle took out six Sand nins in HtH combat, and seventeen with the Kaiten in 79. That's 23 down. In the manga, I count 21 impact clouds and falling nins. So that's +2 for the anime. Count them yourself if you want.
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:22   Link #198
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
Am i the only one that thought the Baika no Jutsu by chouji's dad was great? I loved it when he was just smashing stuff and walkin around. Reminds me of the old ultraman flicks I used to watch when I was younger.

I also enjoyed the part with Hyashi, although the number of enemies he defeated decreased compared to what was in the manga.

EDIT: also wanted to see more of Kibas mother and sister. Guess Ill have to wait till episode 245 or somethin
Well...at least his clothes grew with him...

And the Kaiten - reading it in the manga gave me the impression that it was one spin, not five spins to get it going. Seems a little less impressive if it takes longer to work.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:36   Link #199
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gai-Kakashi
Using no music in a scene can highten the realisim and tension. I thought it did that well in the Jounin fights. Plus it let me focus on Gai's rediculous Bruce Lee noises.

Neji's uncle took out six Sand nins in HtH combat, and seventeen with the Kaiten in 79. That's 23 down. In the manga, I count 21 impact clouds and falling nins. So that's +2 for the anime. Count them yourself if you want.
Very good points. I agree that having no music will highten certain aspects of a show. However, with the Jounin battles(Kakashi, Gai, Kurenai and Goggles ninja) Their fights werent using alot of jutsu. Besides he part where Goggle ninja breathed the fire into the sand/sound ninja.

Their fight was against a high number of ninja hence the no jutsus used just taijutsu and Kunais. I don't see what the problem is. If you want a Jounin fight just wait a couple of weeks and youll get a nice quick fight with Jutsus up the ass
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 00:45   Link #200
Gai-Kakashi

Oh not at all, I enjoyed the purely Taijutsu aspect of the stadium fight. It showed that Jounin don't use Ninjutsu as a crutch. Plus it was just neat to see Gai and Kakashi, my two favorite Jounins (like you couldn't tell) beating and slashing the living hell out of a small Ninja army.

And you're right, in a few episodes we'll see quite a demonstration... heh heh.

Goggle Ninja, lol. Henceforth that shall be his name!
Gai-Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote