Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-21, 10:40   Link #1
NeoSam

Hitohira

ひとひら
Hitohira

Broadcast: 2007

http://www.hitohira.tv/

Based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Comic High!, and published under the seinen(young men's) comic imprint Action Comics.
For now there are 3 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Comic High! is a magazine for males.

Genre: Seinen

Last edited by GHDpro; 2009-05-18 at 04:53.
Old 2006-11-23, 21:20   Link #2
NeoSam

Some info about Hitohira from AnimeNfo:

Quote:
A transferred student Asai Mugi is a painfully shy girl. She is so shy that she can’t speak when she becomes seriously nervous. However, for some reason, she is spotted and recruited as a member of drama club.
Genre: Seinen

The mangaka of the seinen manga Hitohira is Idumi Kirihara.

Other manga works from Idumi Kirihara:

==========

ショコラ ~maid cafe ”curio”~
Chocolat ~maid cafe ”curio”~

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Blade Masamune.

Its a one volume manga thats based on a bishoujo game by the same title.

==========

白雪ぱにみくす!
Shirayuki Pani Mix!

No volumes are out yet.

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the seinen manga magazine Comic Blade Masamune.

==========

ココノカの魔女
Kokonoka no Majo

No volumes are out yet.

Seinen manga.
Serialized in the male oriented manga magazine Comic High!.

==========
Old 2006-12-21, 13:58   Link #3
NeoSam

I added the cover of volume 3 of the manga (which got released on 12/12/2006) to the first post with the other covers.
Old 2006-12-30, 16:50   Link #4
NeoSam

From Comiket 71 ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmIlpXMxUD4
Old 2007-01-03, 07:58   Link #5
cyth
Banned

http://www.hitohira.tv/

Here's a better looking trailer without the noise. It also announces the Spring quarter for the animated series' airing, on ATX and Chiba TV.

http://www.hitohira.tv/files/pv.asx

Last edited by cyth; 2007-01-03 at 08:10.
Old 2007-01-03, 15:28   Link #6
martino
makes no files now

Hehe. Looks pretty good.
Old 2007-01-10, 11:44   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Reminder

While Hitohira has not been licensed yet, it is produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed.
  • Asking where you can find Hitohira downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Hitohira fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Hitohira.
  • Asking for playback help for Hitohira episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.
Old 2007-01-10, 13:03   Link #8
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Thanks to Vita at moe.imouto.org. A larger (2709 x 3470, 2 MB) version can be found there.
Old 2007-03-03, 01:02   Link #9
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Made by the same staff that did Petopeto-san: director, screenwriter, animation producer, and art director. The original work and the character design are by different people, though. ANN page.

Liked the trailer. Positive emotions and Kawasumi Ayako.

First broadcast: Wednesday 28 March, 11 a.m. (?!)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-03-11, 15:53   Link #10
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

2625x3350, 1.9 MB
Old 2007-03-11, 16:25   Link #11
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Am I the only one noticing something extremely strange with the mouths?

Sometimes it's like they've been animated with Flash.

EDIT: It's listed as shoujo in ANN. That obviously can't be when it's coming from a seinen manga (based on a bishoujo game!) >.<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-11, 17:03   Link #12
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
EDIT: It's listed as shoujo in ANN. That obviously can't be when it's coming from a seinen manga (based on a bishoujo game!) >.<
Yeah its a seinen manga thats serialized in a seinen manga magazine Comic High!, its the same magazine that serializes the seinen manga Kodomo no Jikan

Ahh but there's no game of this title.

Also keep away from Genre description (especially target audience info) thats listed on ANN. most of the times its just peoples fantasies and dreams are listed there.
Old 2007-03-11, 17:44   Link #13
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Ahh but there's no game of this title.
Ahh, sorry, I read too fast one part of your initial post, and it got mixed up >.<

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-03-27, 23:08   Link #14
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2007-03-27, 23:13   Link #15
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Saw episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Thanks for the review...it sounds like it has some potential, I'll have to check it out...
Old 2007-03-28, 01:47   Link #16
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Spoiler for Episode 1:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-28, 03:55   Link #17
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Spoiler for ep1:
I note that Mugi's friend Kayo is played by Miyagawa Miho, who played the much-loved Sahara in PetoPeto-san.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-28 at 11:55.
Old 2007-03-28, 12:58   Link #18
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Watched the first episode raw--damn, my Japanese sucks, I could probably get < 5% of what they were saying, but a few random thoughts anyway:

- This looks like the kind of slow paced series I'd like--it's easy to empathize with Mugi's struggles at speaking in public (even if her case is a little extreme), and the characters seem interesting.
- Is it just me or is the highlight on Mugi's hair a little too bright? To me it almost looked like it was glowing...overall I like the character designs and animation though.
- The setting is hard to place--Manhattan meets Hatsunejima? The Brooklyn Bridge and the city you see from the school roof make it look like a big city, but then around the school there seems to be a lot of open space.
- Are there people who really carry cameras everywhere they go? I guess Tomoyo does too, and that guy from Magikano...
- The cast is surprisingly big...hopefully this will get a long enough run to let all of them get some good character development.
- I haven't seen this many falling sakura since Da Capo.
Old 2007-03-28, 15:36   Link #19
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Giving this series a shot based on the petopetosan legacy and someone's recommendation ... or at least putting it on queue.
Old 2007-03-28, 16:32   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I liked that first episode enough that I've made a full blog post about it, including a rough summary.

>>Vexx: Now I'm really nervous, and on the lookout for spherical cabbages. Hopefully you've given up on my recommendations.

>>Suguru: That American-style city in the background (complete with Brooklyn Bridge and Japanese headland) was commented on (not very approvingly) on 2channel, too. I have absolutely no explanation for why it's there.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen, slice of life