AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-27, 05:36   Link #461
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot that the normal 'vanishing act' has been the regular M.Shisui.

Yeah. Nurarihyon used the regular MS in the Muchi fight, which fits all the normal approach of the regular technique. Erases the presence entirely, without leaving any after-image.

As for the possibility of Nurarihyon having Matoi, unless Gyuuki was just speaking generally about the strength of hyakki to the leader, chapter 98 showed Nurarihyon's clique during the acknowledgement of the second capability ( Matoi ), which seems to imply that Nurarihyon could do it too. There is a possibility that it's simply matter of individual character, since Nurarihyon is a very whimsical person who loves wandering off on his own most of the time. On the other hand, Rihan ( so far, not many flashbacks to him atm ) seems to travel with his group together more and isn't as much of a one-man action.

Of course, there's no proof for either yet, but admittedly, none of both techniques thus far has explicitly made a mention to the need of the human blood within Rihan or Rikuo.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2010-07-27, 10:51   Link #462
Iggy_Pop

In chapter 98, Zen also told the stories how his father followed Rihan -not Nurarihyon- and become his strength, also in chapter 107, Gyuuki even mentioned this about rihan:
"He acknowledged his human side… and managed to achieve that which only humans can do."
Old 2010-07-27, 11:22   Link #463
Key Board
Carbon

I had the impression that Rihan developed Matoi because his own fear alone was not enough.

I don't see Nurarihyon the first doing something like this. He wanders around too much on himself.
Old 2010-07-28, 17:37   Link #464
Sotobrastos

Nurarihyon's always seemed like an assassin more than a straight-up brawler like Rikuo. Just wandering in to Gitsune's lair by himself is probably the bext example (and he does it twice!)
Old 2010-07-29, 00:11   Link #465
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I had the impression that Rihan developed Matoi because his own fear alone was not enough.

I don't see Nurarihyon the first doing something like this. He wanders around too much on himself.
Nurarihyon had the tattoes on his back though that come by using Matoi as shown in chapter 62 page 16
Old 2010-07-29, 00:26   Link #466
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Didn't look like Matoi-kind tatoo to me at all. It looks like a regular tatoo actually (just compare Rikuo's and his tatoo's).
Old 2010-07-29, 00:38   Link #467
Iggy_Pop

It's a yakuza tattoo, Nurarihyon is the commander/boss, of course he got to have one
Old 2010-07-29, 00:41   Link #468
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Didn't look like Matoi-kind tatoo to me at all. It looks like a regular tatoo actually (just compare Rikuo's and his tatoo's).
not necessarily. Each tatoo is different for each Yokai. It's doesn't have to be just shapes, They'll all be figures that represent the individual. It's just that snow wind and wings represented the ones Rikuo has done so far. Doesn't mean humanoid figures can't be used.
Old 2010-07-29, 00:54   Link #469
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
The scans have caught up.
Old 2010-07-29, 01:08   Link #470
Iggy_Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
not necessarily. Each tatoo is different for each Yokai. It's doesn't have to be just shapes, They'll all be figures that represent the individual. It's just that snow wind and wings represented the ones Rikuo has done so far. Doesn't mean humanoid figures can't be used.
Nurarihyon's tattoo is similar to a real yakuza tattoo. Rikuo's more like a symbol than tattoo.
Old 2010-07-29, 08:23   Link #471
charles88

After this wonderful manga series,Nurarihyon no Mago now one of my favorite demon based manga.

Anyway after reading latest chapter,i think Kyoto arc is not the final arc as there still some other plot such as one of the Nura traitor identity.Also i think Rikuo defeated Kitsune and Nue by using all of his Hyakki Yakō to combine all of it and defeated Kitsune and Nue.

Also here my prediction on future arc:

Traitor hunt arc:After Kyoto arc,i hope they found out someone playing both side and pulling string and search who is traitor in Nura clan.

Travel whole world arc:Although its very unlikely,i like the idea Rikuo travel whole world to meet demon from foreign nation such as chinese fox,sea dragon,Vampire,werewolves,orc,Elves,succubus, gargolye and other type demon,fight them,recruit them and learn new skill along the way.Also i like to see Yura learn new skill and technique from foreign demon hunter especially chunrch( Also i like to see Yuki Onna get jealous when Rukio recruit beautiful vampre or succubus)

I hope this manga continue to be popular!
Old 2010-07-30, 19:32   Link #472
Iggy_Pop

Spoiler for chapter 117:
Old 2010-07-31, 03:04   Link #473
charles88

Im glad Nurarihyon is alive.I wonder Rikuo can defeat Kitsune and Nue as well.

I think Rukuo should travel world as its already modern era which means can travel around the world pretty quick and like to see Rikuo face powerful foreign ayakashi such as vampire.
Old 2010-07-31, 03:46   Link #474
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Rikuo encountering Moka-chan in the future? joking aside at last the battle begins
Old 2010-07-31, 04:10   Link #475
Iggy_Pop

According to the ayakashi hiroku data book, the Nura clan is the ruling clan of the east. Considering kyoto is cosndiered the west capital, the Kyoto Youkai is the probably ruling clan of the west. There's still the north and south clan which I think will be explored in the next arc, probably joining Rikuo for the final battle.
Old 2010-07-31, 12:10   Link #476
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What's been bothering me is why Nurarihyon turned into an old man only after 400 years?
Compared to Gyukki and those Kyoto Ayakashi guys, they only aged only a bit.
Old 2010-07-31, 12:33   Link #477
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
As far as I understand, one of Kitsune's attacks accelerated Nurarihyon's aging.
Old 2010-07-31, 12:36   Link #478
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I just read that just now. Been jumping around chapters....
Old 2010-07-31, 23:25   Link #479
Iggy_Pop

Well, it seems that three ruling youkai clan from 3 of the 8 region in Japan has been introduced. Kanto (Nura), Kansai (Kyoto Youkai), Shikoku (Tanuki). That leave 5 other region. I'm especially looking forward to the youkai from Okinawa, Kyushu region.
Old 2010-08-03, 02:20   Link #480
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What's been bothering me is why Nurarihyon turned into an old man only after 400 years?
Compared to Gyukki and those Kyoto Ayakashi guys, they only aged only a bit.
She ate his heart

literally...

old man Nura is walking around with an empty chest
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen