AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-28, 11:50   Link #1
marvelB

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

edit from james0246: Marvel's out for a bit, and I am never sure when spoilers are released, so here is the new spoiler thread...

Quote:
-Caribou's brother appears.

-Caesar, while rejoicing his apparent victory over the creation of the ultimate weapon, learns that the G5 marines and the captured pirates have escaped into the base.

-Upon hearing this, Chopper hightails it out of the room (where he had been hiding the whole time) to go work on the antidote for the children's addiction/giganticism. Monet notices his departures, but says nothing.

-Caesar orders his men to let Shinokuni inside the base in order to kill the pirates, but Vergo stops him explining that only fodder would fall for such an attack. He then prepares to battle all of the pirates.

-Meanwhile, As the gas starts seeping into the room, Luffy and the gang advance through Caesar's soldiers escaping to another part of the base. Most of the G5 marines are lost to the poisonous gas.

Last edited by james0246; 2012-08-29 at 07:56.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:02   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aw those poor marines at the end. Died saving Tashigi.
Old 2012-08-29, 09:07   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Tashigi is surely loved by her subordinates....
and finally she got her reunion with Zoro...
ah! and those three musketeers are really awesome.... HOT! Ouch! COLD!

somehow, this arc reminded me with Impel Down's arc...
Old 2012-08-29, 12:19   Link #4
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Not very eventful yet, although the marines saving Tashigi was touching. But I wouldn't be surprised if some sort of antidote will be concocted at some point. So far only fodder has been affected though, and fodder has been known to die and be forgotten about.

One other thing that got my interest was Monet apparently being aware of Chopper, which seems to indicate that she was actually the one that threw that note. If so, I wonder what her story is.
Old 2012-08-29, 13:13   Link #5
golgo13

Nice chapter. Vergo forgetting he isn't a swordsman was pretty funny. Props to G5 marines for saving Tashigi.

Hmm I wonder if Monet actually wrote the note for Chopper..
Old 2012-08-29, 13:53   Link #6
marvelB

Doh, my computer's still on the fritz..... though that should most definitely be remedied by this weekend.

Anyways, this was an alright chapter. LOL at Vergo for forgetting that he wasn't a swordsman (which is a good thing IMO. That should make his actual fighting style all the more interesting). And yeah, it looks like Monet IS secretly helping Luffy and co. after all. Y'know, I think that thing I said a while back about her becoming a potential new member of Law's crew may not be all that far-fetched after all....

Anyways, I don't really have much else to say. I guess it was pretty cool to see Tashigi block a strike from a monster like Zoro (looks like her haki training really paid off), and I also kinda liked how Luffy took out that one fodder pirate just because he wasn't "centaur" like Brownbeard. But hopefully, we'll finally be seeing Vergo in action next week....
Old 2012-08-29, 14:39   Link #7
janipani

I'd be fine, if Luffy's crew wouldn't grow at all anymore and instead of that new "nakamas" would be nakamas of Law's. To be honest.. Oda has already quite an arsenal to handle and he just barely manages to keep chapters consistent. I don't hope this will become like FFVI Even though that's some premium masterpiece of storytelling what comes to video games

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-08-29, 14:44   Link #8
marvelB

BTW, I'm also kinda hoping that Smiley/Shinokuni gets back his DF ability..... I still think it would be really badass if CC's weapon turned out to have an Awakened form.
Old 2012-08-29, 16:02   Link #9
Rainbowman

Well, the main highlight for me is that Coribou arrived to rescue his brother Caribou (whatever his plan is).
Old 2012-08-29, 16:03   Link #10
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post

One other thing that got my interest was Monet apparently being aware of Chopper, which seems to indicate that she was actually the one that threw that note. If so, I wonder what her story is.
and just to get it out of the way

Monet for Nakama

and since the Nami likes the dragon
Dragon for Nakama.
Old 2012-08-29, 16:32   Link #11
janipani

There going to be lots of new nakama after this arc... brownbeard, Samurai, Dragon, Monet... I'm sure there is still more... If Smoker dies then Tashigi too

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-08-30, 01:56   Link #12
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I think we can all guess that Caribou's brother is about to get destroyed (yet again) by Jinbei's fishman karate~?

But that whole bit where Vergo forgot he's not a swordsman really makes me love this guy. I really hope that this arc won't be the only he appears in~
Old 2012-08-30, 02:16   Link #13
Jouten

Woah Tashigi can block Zoro'ss attack? I mean granted it was just a regular attack and not one of his techniques she still showed that she's stronger than Hody underwater!

It's good to see her not fail for once.

Is it only me or did Vergo say that he was going to take on Smoker AND Law?

And about that Monet thing. I highly doubt she's helping the Straw Hats. I see no reason why she would do that, but I don't doubt that she has her own plans
Old 2012-08-30, 05:06   Link #14
ronin myael
lost ronin

nice to see some zoro and tashigi interaction.

this was an unexciting yet eventful chapter. so far so good. hope the next one will give us the fights we've been waiting for.
Old 2012-08-30, 06:10   Link #15
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
I wonder what Vergo's powers are.
Old 2012-08-30, 10:47   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jouten View Post
Woah Tashigi can block Zoro'ss attack? I mean granted it was just a regular attack and not one of his techniques she still showed that she's stronger than Hody underwater!

Like I said before, she probably used CoA haki to block Zoro's attack. Though as far as techniques are concerned, I admit I'm curious to see how much she improved in that area, myself (like is she still as clumsy in a fight as she was 2 years ago?)....

But as far as swordsmen go, I'm still the most interested in seeing more of Kinemon's powers (I still think he's fox-type mystic zoan).....
Old 2012-08-30, 12:46   Link #17
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
I wonder what Vergo's powers are.
ya I'm curious to see if he has a devil fruit..
Old 2012-08-30, 13:01   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I think it's a pretty obvious reason if Monet is helping Chopper, it's Chopper, everyone loves Chopper!

Nice little chapter, shows the G5 lot being very comrades in arms despite what is said of them.
Also liking that Vergo is gonna step into the arena as well, that should be really interesting to see.

And Three Musketeers, interesting tale to use and very cool, here's hoping we can see something from all three like taking on the same enemy, like Vergo.
Now that is something worth seeing.
Old 2012-08-30, 15:46   Link #19
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 679
That was an okay chapter. I wonder how strong Daflamingo is? Vergo seems serious about not failing. That little dragon got left behind. Smart thinking on Smoker's part for staying with Law, knowing Vergo wants him. So with Smoker, Luffy, and Law heading in the same direction. This looks like it will be a three on three fight. I am curious to see how Vergo and Monet will do.
Old 2012-08-31, 11:41   Link #20
Kona
Banned

Smoker vs Vergo is gonna be awesome but the chapter was a bit disappointing
Closed Thread