Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-29, 12:01   Link #821
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Chisato is your common tsundere osananajimi. Satsuki is much better
Chisato is far more likeable and caring than one of those stereotypes...
Old 2012-08-29, 12:02   Link #822
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Yeah, lately, it feels like the stereotype has become ones like Louise or Aria.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:12   Link #823
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
OK. Someone here said that osananajimi never won in VN adaptations. Here's some list. But one note. For me personally sisters(blood-related or not) are the same as osananajimis so you could count them too

I didn't count onece I didn't watched, otome and once without main romance.

Legend:

Osananajimi won
Sister won
Osananajimi won in one of the arcs or you could count winner as one or there are some issues
No osananajimis in the story
Noone won/open ending/there's additional ending for osananajimi but still
Osananajimi lost

Spoiler for Title list:
Can I ask how is Yuuko supposed to be an osanajimi? She met Yuu while they were schooling
Old 2012-08-29, 13:09   Link #824
amoirsp

I just noticed there's a giant Licensed tag on this topic. Can anyone fill me in on what happened?
amoirsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:11   Link #825
Midonin
Last Engage

This happened.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 13:34   Link #826
amoirsp

To keep things I'll refrain from swearing but ...

While that description is absolutely horrid, it's surprisingly not as bad as the Mashiro one.

Considering this series got licensed much later than other series this season I'm just annoyed by Sentai's English description.

Although if I really think about it, I don't have a summary format description for Koichoco either if I were to make one ....

Midonin, thanks for the extremely quick response.

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-08-29 at 13:36. Reason: EDIT: Additional comment
Old 2012-08-29, 13:46   Link #827
hyl
reading #hikaributts

A (slightly) better discription that i have seen for the premise can be read in the vndb
http://vndb.org/v4028

Quote:
Yuuki, who wants to fall in love, and Chisato, who doesn't like chocolates. They are lifelong friends and students of the same school. They both belong to the food club with Mifuyu, their classmate. Actually, they don't do anything everyday, just enjoying chatting.... But one day, Satsuki, president candidate of the student council, promises to close the clubs that do nothing. To stop it, they decide to run against her.... But who...? Yes, Yuuki is forced to run for the election.... To save the club, he will just need to be next president!
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 14:14   Link #828
kobester11

I hope they (DON'T) change the BG artists for this series it really (ROC)ks...

Last edited by kobester11; 2012-09-21 at 16:03. Reason: ...
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:13   Link #829
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

I'm just curious are they ever going to resolve on what happen at the beginning of the first episode when a girl got ran over by someone?
Old 2012-08-29, 15:27   Link #830
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
I'm just curious are they ever going to resolve on what happen at the beginning of the first episode when a girl got ran over by someone?
Saying either yes or no could be a spoiler for people who didn't read the game, so you will have to wait.
Old 2012-08-29, 15:45   Link #831
amoirsp

Quote:
I'll speculate that both yes and no are possibilities but I have absolutely no idea how, why, or when.

Not an actual spoiler but just in case.
Spoiler:

I will say though it's probably not in the anime's best interest to ignore it when the priority to emphasize it before the main characters were even introduced was that high.

Off topic: hyl, I'm amused at your Hondou(?) Ayano avatar expression change.

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-08-29 at 15:53. Reason: EDIT: Super random interjection
Old 2012-08-29, 19:16   Link #832
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So this is licensed, so it should hit discs. Will it go on CR, too? I'd rather just watch it on CR.
Old 2012-08-29, 21:41   Link #833
amoirsp

Wow, I just got hit by a sudden wave of Koichoco thoughts and analysis so I thought I'd put some of them down. All anime correlated, direction based, and not altered by any game knowledge.

Spoiler:

Of course likewise, all of this might not even matter. But I was amazed just how much the show has integrated so many different things, all during an election, which has been the core focus. I am thoroughly impressed and am liking this series the more I think about it. Wow!

(I could be wrong on many points, but it certainly showed me the things the anime has presented does have more underlying tones than what is initially presented. It's so easy to overlook it.)
Maybe this is why episode 1 started the way it did: to show that this underlying tone on things in general would end up quite critical (rather than happy club antics). Huge emphasis on "truth" or like, "hidden things going on", among other general themes.

With that said, I'm really excited for episode 8 and what's next to come!

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-08-29 at 22:02. Reason: EDIT: Some points were vague.
Old 2012-08-30, 11:32   Link #834
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So this is licensed, so it should hit discs. Will it go on CR, too? I'd rather just watch it on CR.
The press release only says it's for digital release. As of now, there's no plans for a physical release. I hope they do release discs, but I don't intend to hold my breath.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:51   Link #835
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Teacher route is still the best but that doesn't seem to exist in the VN. Should be anime exclusive.
No one here seems to love the Teacher route....
Old 2012-08-30, 11:57   Link #836
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
No one here seems to love the Teacher route....
Not even the people in japan seemed to like her that much. Because there was a poll in dengeki, in which the winner gets her (or his if you actually voted for Yume, but i am not sure if those votes were serious) route for the psp game. While Hazuki was a possible canditate for the poll, it was won by Non-chan.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:17   Link #837
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Not even the people in japan seemed to like her that much. Because there was a poll in dengeki, in which the winner gets her (or his if you actually voted for Yume, but i am not sure if those votes were serious) route for the psp game. While Hazuki was a possible canditate for the poll, it was won by Non-chan.
Are japanese intimidated by the mature "sexually advanced" characters or something? I've noticed this with a few shows where the older character will get treated as nothing but the flirt and not a serious interest. The older chicks never get love.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:20   Link #838
amoirsp

Actually I like the teacher quite a bit. Quite the ally in this story too. Knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, serious when necessary, observant, etc. I'd actually go as far as saying I like her character even more than Satsuki due to more direct Yuuki interaction despite the high drunk rate. Except I went total lock on on Isara as a personal favorite.

I'm indirectly sad Non-chan won the poll, but then again if people want to see a possibility that doesn't occur much at all, Non-chan would be the pick. I have the inability to imagine it though.

Regarding the teacher, one person I know called it sensei-moe. Aw yeah.

Heck even the teacher's drinking antics could be understandable. One could be for the love of drinking, which isn't too good. However, if it's to mitigate stress, we see that this teacher has family issues, knows about school political issues, and there's probably even things we don't even know about. One would think that the Food Research Club and Yuuki are kind of like, happy getaways for the teacher considering all the somewhat hidden/private matters going on.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:24   Link #839
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

I honestly like her better than Satsuki too. I just hate how it seemed she could have had some interesting history with him, yet they seem to be just brushing it off as a drunk accident kiss....
Old 2012-08-30, 12:44   Link #840
amoirsp

*watches Koichoco 8*

THINGS HAPPEN

Someone else who actually understands Japanese summarize it. XD

Spoiler:

Anyone who likes Shinonome watch episode 8 asap XD

Last edited by amoirsp; 2012-08-30 at 13:35. Reason: EDIT: Spoiler but not really. But it is anyways. ... EDIT 2: add more things

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen