AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-13, 15:03   Link #1801
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The mutiny on Yamato has lots of setup. The Coup on Gamilas is in some respects more interesting as it has some game changers involved depending on hoe widespred it is and how much the fleet is involved. Or how far the purges go afterwards.

According the the page on Dommel's flagship, there are three ships of that class named. We see one explode in the trailer (Dessler's ship) and Dommel's ship is taking a shock cannons to the turrets at the end (meaning it might not be long for this world either). This would leave only one of these ships left in service. Leaving only Zoellick's ship. Since he seems to be the one moving the plot along, I don't think his ship will survive the coup. Though it could be taken over and used by someone else if he fails and isn't on his ship.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:05   Link #1802
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by August138 View Post
Spoiler for Yurisha & Yuria's Symbiotic Connection:
But one isn't overwritten by the other. The flow of their self-conversation shows they're learning about each other.
Old 2013-03-13, 21:29   Link #1803
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
But one isn't overwritten by the other. The flow of their self-conversation shows they're learning about each other.
Spoiler for Yuria & Yurisha:

Last edited by August138; 2013-03-13 at 22:26.
August138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-13, 21:37   Link #1804
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Unless i saw it wrong, what did it mean when, i guess when Yurisha was controlling Misaki, that she could feel her older sister on the ship?
Old 2013-03-13, 22:26   Link #1805
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Unless i saw it wrong, what did it mean when, i guess when Yurisha was controlling Misaki, that she could feel her older sister on the ship?
Spoiler for Ghost In The Machine:
Old 2013-03-13, 22:40   Link #1806
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Spoiler for Yuria & Yurisha:
That all just means that the personality talking at the time was learning about Yuria; it doesn't mean the personality is taking over entirely or overwriting her. It would make perfect sense that the other personality is in control at the moment, since I doubt Yuria knows how to work the Wave Engine the way "she" did at the end of 14.
Old 2013-03-14, 06:59   Link #1807
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
I don't think she felt her sister's presence. Rather, being fully "awaken" for the first time and seeing there was a fully functioning WM Engine on the Yamato, she must have assumed Sasha was somewhere on the ship, given she's the one that brought the Core to Earth. She's probably unaware her sister died on Mars.

Spoiler for Why Misaki instead of Yuki:

Also from episode 14, Flaken's statement to Heinig that their next assignement is for Desler himself makes me believe he will be Desler's trump card when defusing the coup d'etat.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 13:25   Link #1808
August138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That all just means that the personality talking at the time was learning about Yuria; it doesn't mean the personality is taking over entirely or overwriting her. It would make perfect sense that the other personality is in control at the moment, since I doubt Yuria knows how to work the Wave Engine the way "she" did at the end of 14.
Now, you're arguing semantics; whatever the alien presence is, it has submerged Yuria. Period. Yuria is not "overwritten", and I never implied that. This is not something new to Japanese sci-fi, and was part of the symbiotic relationship between host and alien in ULTRAMAN. In the last episode of the 1966 series, the human host and the alien separate, and the host says, "What happened? The last thing I remember was crashing" (an incident from the first episode). What I'm saying is that both the alien and Yuria are not conscious at the same time. It's called "possession", which is also an old trope of American sci-fi. Also, since we won't know more until the next coming episodes, it's kind of a moot point to argue about it. The Episode 15 is only a month away and will be far more telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
I don't think she felt her sister's presence. Rather, being fully "awaken" for the first time and seeing there was a fully functioning WM Engine on the Yamato, she must have assumed Sasha was somewhere on the ship, given she's the one that brought the Core to Earth. She's probably unaware her sister died on Mars.

Spoiler for Why Misaki instead of Yuki:
PRECISELY!
Old 2013-03-14, 18:06   Link #1809
macdawson

Yamamoto's Zero has hit stores. Once again, Hidetaka Tenjin delivers a beautiful piece of box art.

More images at
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10210743
Old 2013-03-14, 19:28   Link #1810
August138

Awesome! Thanks, Luis!
Old 2013-03-15, 01:43   Link #1811
FerrusManus

One thing that interests me is the number of fighters and small craft the Yamato has left by Episode 14
Spoiler for Fighters:
So my question is: How many fighters and small craft were onboard of the Yamato, and how many are still left?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 02:04   Link #1812
August138

ORIGINAL COMPLIMENT
36 Cosmo Falcons
02 Cosmo Zeros
02 Cosmo Seagulls
02 Type 100 Recon Craft

42 total up departure

DESTROYED
01 Cosmo Seagull
02 Cosmo Falcons

03 total as of Episode 14

39 total remaining as of Episode 14
Old 2013-03-15, 02:13   Link #1813
FerrusManus

Quote:
ORIGINAL COMPLIMENT
36 Cosmo Falcons
02 Cosmo Zeros
02 Cosmo Seagulls
02 Type 100 Recon Craft

42 total up departure

DESTROYED
01 Cosmo Seagull
02 Cosmo Falcons

03 total as of Episode 14

39 total remaining as of Episode 14
36 Falcons? This is really a big number. I thought they had only 12 of them and maybe some spares. The other question is of course were they store all the machines.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:27   Link #1814
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
36 Falcons? This is really a big number. I thought they had only 12 of them and maybe some spares. The other question is of course were they store all the machines.
Maybe Yamato is like the Tardis?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:41   Link #1815
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Maybe Yamato is like the Tardis?
Nice idea, but I don't think so Maybe they have some kind of revolver or elevator storage.

On the other hand, the loadout seems a little bit unbalanced with so many Fighters and so few strike, utility and recon craft.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:43   Link #1816
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The pallets in Yamato's hanger are double sided and there are 14 pallets on the main drum, plus what seems to be two more flanking the hanger door. That's room for 32 Cosmo Falcons (though one pallet looked empty, possibly for maintenance so the planes are out of the way). Also Japanese carriers always carried a half dozen or more disasembled spare planes to fill in combat loses.

We've not yet seen how the Cosmo Falcons are recovered yet.

The combat load of the Cosmo Falcon is interchangable. They can likely carry anti-ship and anti-ground missiles as well as anti-air missiles.

However they are also a stop-gap measure. There were not enough Cosmo Zeros in service yet, so they made do with modified Cosmo Falcons. If the Second series comes out, they should be replaced by the purpose build Cosmo Tigers based on combat experiance with Yamato's fighter wing. Though one wonders if the Cosmo Zero is too expensive or if the Cosmo Tiger is just that superior of a fighter.
Old 2013-03-15, 02:53   Link #1817
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
We've not yet seen how the Cosmo Falcons are recovered yet.
What about the Episode with the Gamillian robot soldier? Didn't they recover a Falcon during that episode? Or was that a Type 100?

PS: Is the Type 100 armed?
Old 2013-03-15, 02:54   Link #1818
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was a Type 100 in the side hanger.

I don't recall if it is armed in Yamato 2199.

One hard part, the hanger is generally seen from Kato's fighter aft. Is there any shots of what is in front of that? meaning that rear part of the drum is over the hatch and there isn't the two extra pallets...unless there is a third part of the drum ahead of Kato's plane, but with a pallet missing for the hatch and two empty for repairs. But then all the planes would be out and ready.

The model shows two sets of pallets and not three. Meaning maybe 26 ready fighters and 10 in reserve.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-15 at 03:05.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 06:02   Link #1819
macdawson

The cover for KOKIA's single "Kioku no Hikari" has been revealed.

Old 2013-03-15, 09:23   Link #1820
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdawson View Post
The cover for KOKIA's single "Kioku no Hikari" has been revealed.

I love that cover art. Simple but perfectly clear.

Tags
classic, remake, science fiction, space opera, yamato