AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-16, 15:14   Link #301
Asuras
Dictadere~!

What exactly is the plot for your FF, Terminator? I know it revolves around the three main OC's you created and the Omega Division, but... What more? Or do we have to wait?
Old 2011-02-16, 18:03   Link #302
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Infinite Stratos: For Answer (I)

Now, it really begins... Remember, constructive C&C is always appreciated.

Spoiler for IS: For Answer - Chapter 01:

Mostly refresher material from the foreword, but there is a few new things in there to set the bar up for how high I am gonna go with this. Hopefully, I'll lose interest before it gets to that level of critical mass.

I'll get around to putting this up on ff.net eventually. Now, to get back to the happy fun slice of life comedy of Chapter 2 where the wheel of fate began to move.
Old 2011-02-16, 18:26   Link #303
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I knew I was going overboard with the IS count, but I figured, someone would point out my mistake and I'd just edit it around. Didn't quite know the difference was so drastic.
Don't worry, it happens. I once said the Foundation has about a 100 MPIS because I thot MPIS didn't need IS cores, then Tk wiped the floor with me!

Even after that it took Charlotte to motivate me to go properly research IS fluff (which is really flimsily thought out if you ask me, when compared to say Toaruverse) and think through my plans. So I understand when mental gaffes like this pop up.

Quote:
Oh and btw Miester; I never said that I didn't want them having too much interaction. What I stated was that I never tried myself to create my own interactions in Alice's history section, because I'm not very good at that kind of thing. Never did I say that I wanted her to be a side character.
Ah... My bad. But still, she's in class 1-3, a stoic type with little links to class 1-2, and my focus is on 1-2. I was going to introduce her later then see how it goes, but as far as I can tell, I'm not sure if I can make her take a more prominent role in Shooting Star without modifying her a bit more.

If she was in class 1-2 it would be a lot easier. The Russian can be in class 1-3?

But that just me of course. I do believe everyone has their own plans for their own characters and should act on them without having to wait for me (which is very very slow given that I am so busy.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
It's just an idea in my head. ^_^ What plans do you have on how the fic goes ?
Frankly, I don't know, I'm winging it as the episodes pass, but a rule of thumb I go by is to avoid changing what appears in the anime as far as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Spoiler for IS Public Relations:

2/4 complete
Nice fluff, though I do hope those numbers represent pilots and not pilots + machines, as you know the limits on those things.

Brilliant! Looks like I can work this into Shooting Star as a double-edged sword.

(*hides Gerard going yak-decultaaaaaaaar*)
Old 2011-02-16, 18:52   Link #304
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I have no intent on thrusting my plans onto someone else's fanfiction. I'm just clarifying. However you want to introduce her or play her out is fine to me, so long as she is in character and at least makes something of a mark for the main characters; even if that means sacrificing her for the plot.
What does your plot entail anyways?
Old 2011-02-16, 21:13   Link #305
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Now, it really begins... Remember, constructive C&C is always appreciated.

Spoiler for IS: For Answer - Chapter 01:

Mostly refresher material from the foreword, but there is a few new things in there to set the bar up for how high I am gonna go with this. Hopefully, I'll lose interest before it gets to that level of critical mass.

I'll get around to putting this up on ff.net eventually. Now, to get back to the happy fun slice of life comedy of Chapter 2 where the wheel of fate began to move.

I don't know why... But I just had the idea Nightmare and Siegfried were fighting in the lost Cathedral with this epic tune as BGM as always.... ahhhh. Soul Calibur 3.
Keep us briefed.

Quote:
What exactly is the plot for your FF, Terminator? I know it revolves around the three main OC's you created and the Omega Division, but... What more? Or do we have to wait?
Well, here's a small refresher:

As you said, it will focus more on the three characters I created. It happens in parallel with Shooting Star and the Cannonverse's story, but it will have some variations (not to a too big extent).

We'll be following Alex as he enters ISA to do his job. He's originally sent in because Phantom Task is after Orimura Ichika, and that's not good, because the info he's giving via Byakushiki is out standing, and they don't want to lose him.

He'll meet most of the OC Cast here, and some of them will even become quite important.

Then... ahem, it will get more srs... With more evil guys appearing. :P
Old 2011-02-16, 22:47   Link #306
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Nice fluff, though I do hope those numbers represent pilots and not pilots + machines, as you know the limits on those things.
Pilots and their Machines while they were on Term as Representative/Had a personal IS.

Just the pilots in Lingerie/Swimsuits/whatever defeats the Collection's objective.

Quote:
Brilliant! Looks like I can work this into Shooting Star as a double-edged sword.

(*hides Gerard going yak-decultaaaaaaaar*)
No you
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 22:55   Link #307
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Ditching NSISA developing, as it has become well evident that such a society in this universe is pointless. For one, it is also evident that IS seem quite capable of being in space without need for special equipment, and their seemingly anti-gravitational properties.
Since IS pilots are protected from energy and shrapnel with their shields, it seems likely that it can retain oxygen and a pressurized environment as well. No need for a special breathing mechanism that I made present in the SIS; it's already there!

So it goes down. Anyways... Off to brainstorm a more important, less useless organization.
Old 2011-02-17, 01:10   Link #308
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spoiler for Gomorahh Terrorists:

Quick write-up. Would've done more, but I've got to sleep.
Old 2011-02-17, 01:54   Link #309
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

This sets up a little showdown between Karon and whoever this is. She wants to change things from the top, and will have no patience with these self-conceited people. After all, when you grow up in this region eternally wrapped in a shadow war and checkpoint bombings, terrorists of any shade are just terrorists. Just like Shooting Star often finds themselves defending an imperfect system, Karon knows there are no heroes, no villains, no gods in this world.

Either way, Phantom Task won't be Shooting Star's sole concern. =D

More replies once I get home I guess.
Old 2011-02-17, 03:48   Link #310
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
<snip>

Quick write-up. Would've done more, but I've got to sleep.
I kept telling myself that if I can't think of something fresh to contribute, like a sketch or something, I wouldn't post because it will become at the bottom of a backlog.

Well maybe here is something.

Spoiler for Updated Intel:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 04:59   Link #311
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

You could say while the US military IS program was developed with tons of money and research, the Foundation Gladiator IS program was baptised with fire. I mean, after battling Asuras' Gonorrhea terrorists, Saintess' Sons of Jemiah Islamiah () and then Phantom Task, you've got a lot of solid data.

Quote:
I have no intent on thrusting my plans onto someone else's fanfiction. I'm just clarifying. However you want to introduce her or play her out is fine to me, so long as she is in character and at least makes something of a mark for the main characters; even if that means sacrificing her for the plot.
What does your plot entail anyways?
well I've not a clue where I'm going. Right now, I'm more on building up the cast, shadowing the existence of Shooting Star and their current enemy Phantom Task, then slowly adding in other forces as they emerge.

But yes the focus in the short term is the academy. More high-school hijinx first, when I get to it I'll go get me some plot, otherwise, I'm having some fun first.

Don't mind if I change Alice's classes then? Or take the Russian?

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-17 at 05:17.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 08:02   Link #312
John117xCortana

If Ed has a practice match with Yamada sensei it won't derail the canon storyline right ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 08:30   Link #313
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

No I don't believe so. Derailing canon usually means doing things that either directly contradict an explicit scene on the anime, or doing something that has such severe repercussions that canon scenes will be affected. Ed battling Yamada will have little effect I believe.

For example, I have a scene which takes place after Houki punches several holes in her door when Ichika first shows up at her room. Karon (controlled by Imouto) does the "Can I sleep with you?" little sister routine to place herself within range of Ichika with a proper IS sensor suite already set up. That takes place in between scenes, and steps have been taken to make sure that the repercussions don't spill over into the next day. Houki explains that the little girl had been doing that all through orientation week, so she is more annoyed that Karon is sticking to Ichika rather than her like she used to, rather than smell something afish.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:15   Link #314
John117xCortana

Hm, I think Yamada would fare all right against Ed. His IS is still in the initial settings.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:24   Link #315
Terminator98
*Author

Do remember that Yamada easily pawned Cecilia and Rin. She's actually very skilled, and seeing that Edward is using default mode, it would be a curbstomp battle. IS start kicking butt only when they reach 1st form (even that, Cecilia and Rin, who were piloting 3rd Gen units, LOST to Yamada Sensei in her Rafael Revive (2nd Gen), which indicates that she's a damn good pilot)

Nightfury will most probably be of a match for a Trainer IS and perhaps some of the weaker OCs, but it'll need first form to actually be a match for the higher powered stuff (the Canonverse's protagonist Units, etc...).

I also don't think that Edward has a lot of training and natural inept skills. He needs a "power up" phase, like most civilians that got thrown in the IS seat.
Pilots that start and kick-arse right from the beginning are your generic high powered military experts or supersoildiers. To balance this, they're usually relegated to piloting crap units.
Old 2011-02-17, 09:40   Link #316
John117xCortana

Ed is a fast learner and can adapt. He likes to 'think outside the box'.

Would Yamada sensei have a hard time against a 1st Shift Night Fury ?
Old 2011-02-17, 10:00   Link #317
Terminator98
*Author

Depends on the plot skills given to Edward. He's only human, (with prosthetic limbs that is), so he needs some power up time. That's also logical for fan-fics because making him at the very beginning an all round power house without limiting his powers seems quite ridiculous.

He already has a good IS, so being able to adapt fast and get good reflexes isn't very interesting. Most skilled pilots with good mechs either end up appearing up later in stories (Late level joiners...) or are relegated to the role of baddies.
Old 2011-02-17, 10:41   Link #318
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:

You could say while the US military IS program was developed with tons of money and research, the Foundation Gladiator IS program was baptised with fire. I mean, after battling Asuras' Gonorrhea terrorists, Saintess' Sons of Jemiah Islamiah () and then Phantom Task, you've got a lot of solid data.

well I've not a clue where I'm going. Right now, I'm more on building up the cast, shadowing the existence of Shooting Star and their current enemy Phantom Task, then slowly adding in other forces as they emerge.

But yes the focus in the short term is the academy. More high-school hijinx first, when I get to it I'll go get me some plot, otherwise, I'm having some fun first.

Don't mind if I change Alice's classes then? Or take the Russian?
I'm not even sure what class you put her in to begin with! Whatever suits your fancy.
Wait, what do you mean by 'take'? I have copyrights you know!
Old 2011-02-17, 10:53   Link #319
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Slight modification to profile and Minor Update to Ayada's Uchidame unit!

Now with Rocket Anchor! (The unit's Threat level should technically remain the same though.....)

About Yuu's Tamahagane....
It should be at either Extreme or High Threat Level due to its one-off ability (3x Maximum Capability) and the expansion pack that allow it to hit damn hard.

The combination of Tamahagane's One-off ability (3x Maximium Capability) and ECE Fighter expansion pack (More powerful Unarmed attack + Improve shield + extra thrusters to retain speed in spite of added mass) means that it is a Lightning Busier who can dish out heavy damages, take some damages and move fast(3X faster than normal IS).
Old 2011-02-17, 11:38   Link #320
Terminator98
*Author

Hmmm.. Wilco!
Wow, Medium Threats are diminishing seriously. XD
Extreme High is reserved to the likes of Kira Yamato. Which basically are end-bosses are last minute power ups the hero gets to beat the baddy (because he sucks so much he needs a better IS, or because the baddy is made of so much win that is)

Uchidame is a small threat unit, but take note that I'm not gauging pilots skills here. Some people would drop down in medium threat, others would get upped, etc...

So in the end... I changed the whole thing. :P

Updated IS List

Listed them in a different way, along with a small description for every one unit.

EDIT!

Alex Hikari is now on youtube, playing straight from ISA!

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-02-17 at 16:29.
Terminator98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest