AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 52 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 31.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 12.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.86%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-11, 22:06   Link #81
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I think that maybe Ornielle its hoshimi sama.. the old lady from season one....
Youko said something about the old lady that owns memories from the future....
Old 2009-12-11, 22:06   Link #82
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Whoa. That was really good. I was most happy to learn more about Mao's past. Plus he seems to have an ankle fetish.

What was with Youko though? It didn't look like Hei tortured that much. Did someone else do it or am I just pointlessly hoping Hei becomes a little more humane.

I really hope we get an additional season after this.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:11   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What was with Youko though? It didn't look like Hei tortured that much. Did someone else do it or am I just pointlessly hoping Hei becomes a little more humane.
I think you're jumping the gun quite a bit; as I said in my first post, a) she was very much alive and unharmed (aside from possible forced drug usage) when he left, and b) it so doesn't fit his M.O. (near-mutilation is so not Hei's style) And if he were going to kill her, why would he calm her down by promising her he'd stop Izanami and Izanagi from meeting?
Old 2009-12-11, 22:15   Link #84
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, we never saw how he had tortured her so there was no way of telling what he did. You saw that he had broken all of her fingers.
Old 2009-12-11, 22:22   Link #85
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Well, we never saw how he had tortured her so there was no way of telling what he did. You saw that he had broken all of her fingers.
Actually we did see how he tortured her. It clearly wasn't anything physically beyond possible drug usage. And watch the scene again; Youko's fingers are untouched when they show her tied to the chair being questioned by Hei. Judging from all the tools there, we can assume Hei might have meant to go pretty far, but in the end he didn't and he even comforted her before he left. If Hei was going to kill her, there were certainly far more simple and faster ways to do it. The way Youko was killed definitely shows the work of a serious sadist.

Youko's fingers weren't broken until Hazuki and co. found her later. In the scene with Hazuki we see that Youko's left hand fingers are all broken (you can see her right hand fingers are fine); however in the scene with Hei, we see her left hand fingers are all untouched.

So if Hei had killed Youko like that, it means thast after he heard from Oreille that Suou was in danger, he would have had to go back to the room and spend all that time torturing and mutilating Youko before rushing off to save Suou. Definitely doesn't sound like Hei. Of course Hazuki and co. don't know any of this (aside from the fact that Youko's death doesn't match Hei's M.O.), so they can't figure it out like we can.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2009-12-11 at 22:34.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:15   Link #86
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't give out a lot of 10s - but that ep was highly deserving (and not just for the Dhurara preview at the end). Beautifully paced, lots of outstanding and quite plausible character development and a few stunning reveals. That was exactly was a crucial episode in a 13-ep series should be - urgent and pointed without being rushed.

Moral ambiguity is certainly a theme at the center of this mythology (along with duplicity). Everyone is more than they seem, and less too - Suou is a contractor who cries and can't kill, and maybe an artificial construct. July is a doll who wishes people "Good morning" and falls asleep when he's exhausted just like any little boy would. Hei kills effortlessly yet continues to return to two theoretically emotionless children despite any material payoff for himself. And Mao is a squirrel who used to be a cat who used to be a contractor who used to be a human - with an ankle fetish.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:19   Link #87
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

@Shinji: I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

I also am surprised to learn what Mao had said in the first season when he was asked why he was always a cat to be false. I wonder if the author came up with Mao's demise after Mao had explained why. lol.
Old 2009-12-11, 23:43   Link #88
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually we did see how he tortured her. It clearly wasn't anything physically beyond possible drug usage. And watch the scene again; Youko's fingers are untouched when they show her tied to the chair being questioned by Hei. Judging from all the tools there, we can assume Hei might have meant to go pretty far, but in the end he didn't and he even comforted her before he left. If Hei was going to kill her, there were certainly far more simple and faster ways to do it. The way Youko was killed definitely shows the work of a serious sadist.

Youko's fingers weren't broken until Hazuki and co. found her later. In the scene with Hazuki we see that Youko's left hand fingers are all broken (you can see her right hand fingers are fine); however in the scene with Hei, we see her left hand fingers are all untouched.

So if Hei had killed Youko like that, it means thast after he heard from Oreille that Suou was in danger, he would have had to go back to the room and spend all that time torturing and mutilating Youko before rushing off to save Suou. Definitely doesn't sound like Hei. Of course Hazuki and co. don't know any of this (aside from the fact that Youko's death doesn't match Hei's M.O.), so they can't figure it out like we can.
Also, one of her arms was violently broken by "twisting". And the fact that her clothes were ripped off down to undergarments, you got to think implied rape too until proven otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@wandering-dreamer -- I thought Suou was likely made soon after she was killed, and given what memories papa was able to get before he mother took her -- with the addition of the day at the aquarium. Maybe she had to be remade after the explosion two years ago, but she existed on that trip then with her father and brother, didn't she?
The aquarium trip never happened. Misaki said that the area that the aquarium was in was blocked off 13 years ago which should be around the time that both were born. Shion gave Suou a fake aquarium memory for some reason. Her most cherished family memory is a fake. Talk about scr**wing up your "daughter's" life. Shion's such a nice "father".

Makes you wonder about that camp scene also.

Last edited by orion; 2009-12-11 at 23:54.
Old 2009-12-12, 00:33   Link #89
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
If Shion dies, I'm assuming he takes Suou and their dad with him since they were created by his power?
I think the father is still the real one. the one Hei killed is the copy, which is why the corpse only have 1 week worth of memory.
Old 2009-12-12, 01:06   Link #90
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
If Shion dies, I'm assuming he takes Suou and their dad with him since they were created by his power?
Maybe not. He paid a big price for using his power to create Suou so she's prob a being independent of his power. In fact, she became a contractor with a similar power that's temporary. Her price is pretty small in comparison.
Old 2009-12-12, 01:13   Link #91
velvet nightmare

yeah but we still don't know what his power does

he showed evidence of i) telepathy and now ii) memory manipulation iii) body creation?

that's way too many, and i doubt he has the ability to create life itself, that's just borderline full metal alchemist material. if anything suou's body is created by clone technology probably that similar to dolls a secondary technology implanted basic motor skills/knowledge and shion topped it off with personality and memories
Old 2009-12-12, 01:19   Link #92
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think Shion's power is cloning and he is able to control how similar to the original it is. Completely remaking his sister, who had been dead for years, and giving her at least 6 years worth of false memories has gotta be a huge toll on him. Creating a fake with few memories (his dad) and a small whale seems to be much easier. And I stand by my theory that Suou only existed after the meteor strike, that's when we see the glowing form and there is nothing that states any of her memories have to be real.
(and thanks to the subbers for leaving the Dhurarara trailer in, was wondering how many people were even aware of the show)
Old 2009-12-12, 01:22   Link #93
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
yeah but we still don't know what his power does

he showed evidence of i) telepathy and now ii) memory manipulation iii) body creation?

that's way too many, and i doubt he has the ability to create life itself, that's just borderline full metal alchemist material. if anything suou's body is created by clone technology probably that similar to dolls a secondary technology implanted basic motor skills/knowledge and shion topped it off with personality and memories
the power is to create objects, including living bodies. Suou's body is created by Shion's power. her memory real and fakes are added from ME. and the telepathy might be connection between Shion and his creation, or simply bonds from being twins.

I also think the copied objects are mirrored. when Shion used left handed anti tank rifle to shoot Tanya, he basically copied Suou's rifle.

and since the rifle is just left there at the scene of crime and not disappeared even after Suou's put away her rifle and after Shion no longer need it, I think the copied objects are stand alone from the creator, meaning, I don't think Suou will disappear if Shion died.
Old 2009-12-12, 01:37   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
...Completely remaking his sister, who had been dead for years, and giving her at least 6 years worth of false memories....
I still don't believe he recreated her so recently, except maybe re-recreating her after the explosion. Why do you think he didn't recreate her initially shortly after she died? Their mother knew he had his ability, and she left them eight years ago. And it seems most likely that memories are implanted by ME, more than by Shion. He said "we" gave her the memory of the day at the aquarium.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-12-12, 03:59   Link #95
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Hmm quite a few point here...

Looks like Shion is already a contractor before the meteor incident. He has no expresion at the flashback in the university...

Nice episode there... We've got a glimpse on Mao's past and how he lost his body.
And i say Hei is not the one that kills Youko.
Old 2009-12-12, 04:12   Link #96
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I still don't believe he recreated her so recently, except maybe re-recreating her after the explosion. Why do you think he didn't recreate her initially shortly after she died? Their mother knew he had his ability, and she left them eight years ago. And it seems most likely that memories are implanted by ME, more than by Shion. He said "we" gave her the memory of the day at the aquarium.
It's also my thought, not to mention that Shion in the flashback 8 year ago looked a lot like a contractor.

But then what about Suou's flashback of 2 year ago in Ep1? Why does this Suou remember that Shion became contractor 2 year ago? Shion was able to walk back then, which means he hasn't used his power (to create Suou), hasn't gained it, or the memory is fake. But why did Shion went through the trouble of recreating Suou 8 year ago, then 6 year later changed her memory, so that she believes he gained his power only 2 year ago?
Old 2009-12-12, 04:46   Link #97
Rima-Chan
lurker

Does anyone notice that Shion looks little bit different than in episode when he kills Tanya? He looked realy tired and had bandage on his right eye, and back then he looked completly fine
Old 2009-12-12, 04:57   Link #98
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I believe that the meteor hit is real, and that somehow 'mutates' Suou into some sort of pseudo-Contractors

I'm scared to even think about this. Is it possible that Hoshimi is Amber?
Old 2009-12-12, 05:01   Link #99
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rima-Chan View Post
Does anyone notice that Shion looks little bit different than in episode when he kills Tanya? He looked realy tired and had bandage on his right eye, and back then he looked completly fine
In ep.10 when we see Shion at the aquarium, his father asked him if he used his powers and Shion said he copied something, probably that's why you see him a little bit tired? And the bandage is probably something like an eye-patch to seal his eyes's powers? Similar to that of Kakashi from Naruto, maybe.
Old 2009-12-12, 05:36   Link #100
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
In ep.10 when we see Shion at the aquarium, his father asked him if he used his powers and Shion said he copied something, probably that's why you see him a little bit tired? And the bandage is probably something like an eye-patch to seal his eyes's powers? Similar to that of Kakashi from Naruto, maybe.
Probably :3.....maybe...we will see soon... hopefully xD
Closed Thread