AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 02:59   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 480 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: more complete spoiler released...

Quote:
-Sasuke wins...

-By using Tsukuyomi, even if weaker than Itachi's, at the right moment, Sasuke lead Danzou to believe that Izanagi was still activated. In other words, Sasuke out Sharingan'd Danzou, and Danzou was tricked into believing he had more time, when in reality his Izanagi was off during their last exchange...

-Danzou is defeated, but Sasuke collapses due to exhaustion. Karin proceeds to help Sasuke, by having him suckle on her chakra.

-Danzou is healed by Hashirama's chakra, but he begins to lose his control of the arm as the Shodai's genes try to take over. Madara says something about "pillars"...it is unclear.

-Danzou reveals Shisui's recently charged Sharingan. Taking Karin from the exhausted Sasuke, Danzou plans on using Shisui's genjutsu abilities to force Sasuke into slavery...

-Sasuke simply stabs both of them.

-Danzou and Karin are hurt, quite badly (Danzou is fully pierced through his chest).

-Karin might be dead...oh yeah, and Danzou too...and Madara laughs gleefully at Sasuke's performance.

I am unsure where this image goes within the confines of the story, but it is a cool image nonetheless...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-27 at 09:52.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:36   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Aww. I was starting to like Karin. But dang....if Danzou dies....YES!!!! For whatever he's my least favorite character.
Old 2010-01-27, 03:41   Link #3
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Sux if Karin dies...she was like sakura v2 but much more useful
Old 2010-01-27, 03:43   Link #4
james0246

Yeah, I don't quite expect Danzou to die, but Karin dying, or almost dying, could be just the ticket we need to get Sasuke some much needed character development. He's been stuck in this 'kill all' mode for the past 80 or so chapters (which was only really a partial advancement on his 'kill Itachi' mode), and I am getting a little bored of his single-mindedness...Nuance is the spice needed for character development...
Old 2010-01-27, 03:50   Link #5
SeanQ

So ummm...why shut off izanagi...and lose anyways...?
Old 2010-01-27, 03:55   Link #6
Rheehemoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
-Sasuke says "Fuck It" (not literally) and uses a Chidori Sword thingie on the pair of them,.
I actually giggled at that part

I never really liked or disliked Karin's character, but she did seem to be rather useful, but oh well.
Rheehemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 03:57   Link #7
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
So ummm...why shut off izanagi...and lose anyways...?
Izanagi was not "shut off". Izanagi was outlasted and defeated (the last chapter fudged the display of time very badly)...unless this was all just an illusion .

---

I'll get the bad joke out of the way -

Karin: [after being stabbed by Sasuke] I always wanted to get "pierced" by Sasuke, just not like this...[dies].

or

Karin: [after being stabbed by Sasuke] Boy, you really are a virgin...[dies].
Old 2010-01-27, 04:12   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I like the idea of Karin near-death and then Sasuke and Taka going on a quest to heal her, with Konoha (and/or the alliance) hunting them down. Alternative routes have Karin dying and Sasuke severing whatever bonds he has with Taka, taking a dive at the hot springs of darknessssss once again. Honestly though, he's dark enough already!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 04:24   Link #9
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Karin suddenly gets killed off. Wat.

Oh well, another female falls prey to Kishi's somewhat-sexist plot management.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 04:30   Link #10
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Izanagi was not "shut off". Izanagi was outlasted and defeated (the last chapter fudged the display of time very badly)...unless this was all just an illusion .

---

I'll get the bad joke out of the way -

Karin: [after being stabbed by Sasuke] I always wanted to get "pierced" by Sasuke, just not like this...[dies].

or

Karin: [after being stabbed by Sasuke] Boy, you really are a virgin...[dies].
Aha wow. Priceless lol. Good laugh.

Karin needs to survive! In a sense has been so much more useful than Sakura.
Old 2010-01-27, 04:54   Link #11
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
It's such a waste if Karin will die.
Old 2010-01-27, 05:00   Link #12
Aqua Knight

Spoiler for dont look:
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 05:16   Link #13
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Spoiler for dont look:
Rofl such an evil look. Screw the lightning, just Amaterasu them.
Old 2010-01-27, 05:31   Link #14
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
That's a psycho look if I've ever seen one.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 05:58   Link #15
Rahan

Actually, there is a fair chance it's Shisui's genjutsu.

Madara thinks Danzou wanted to use the last eye as an Izanagi, yet Danzou wanted to use Sasuke against Madara ... At the very least, Madara failed to read Danzou's strategy.
Unless Danzou didn't have the time to use his genjutsu (why would he wait to do it), Madara didn't even realize Danzou didn't try to use Shisui's eye for Izanagi.

In the same time, his actions don't even match his thoughts (he wanted to use Sasuke against Danzou, not run away with an hostage). Heck, why would he call Karin a sacrifice if she was a hostage. You don't sacrifice your hostages usually.

My guess is that Danzou is fine and while Madara and Sasuke celebrate, Sasuke will backstab Madara. Karin was taken down because she could detect the genjutsu thanks to her abilities.

Or maybe I am completely wrong.

Anyway, if the Uchiha are still in control, then Karin lives. Sasuke asked her to not move before striking her, so he surely avoided her vitals.

Last edited by Rahan; 2010-01-27 at 07:18.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 06:45   Link #16
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

I was wondering why sasuke didnt die from blood loss ever since he has MS.Whenever he uses tsukuyomi and amaterasu his eyes bleed like tap water flowing into the drain non stop

Quote:
Izanagi was not "shut off". Izanagi was outlasted and defeated (the last chapter fudged the display of time very badly)...unless this was all just an illusion
i was confused here too and wonder when izanagi outlasted? IMHO I am still confused how izanagi works.
Old 2010-01-27, 06:45   Link #17
Aqua Knight

Why in the hell would Sasuke backstab Madara?
Old 2010-01-27, 07:14   Link #18
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Why in the hell would Sasuke backstab Madara?
Danzou was hoping to use Shisui's eye in order to manipulate Sasuke into fighting Madara.
Old 2010-01-27, 07:16   Link #19
Aqua Knight

But is Danzou stupid?
Madara would just become transparent and that's all.
Old 2010-01-27, 07:56   Link #20
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
But is Danzou stupid?
Madara would just become transparent and that's all.
Actually, one of Danzou's minions (Not even Danzou himself) managed harming Madara's arm to the point he needed to get rid of it. The idea of Sasuke actually being able to do -something- or providing tactical advantage in a fight against Madara isn't that far-fetched.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion